Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Armani announced a long time ago that they were making Charlene's wedding dress.

Hi - newbie here. I'm just a survivor of, in my opinion, a very disappointing UK royal wedding and, having been to Monaco and a lover of Princess Grace, I am so glad to be excited about this. So far, it's been handled so tastefully, from their organized and elegant website, to the non-tacky souvenirs, to the obvious attraction between the two. I know that royalty is a little goofy for me being from the USA, but this appears to be a spectacular event and I love the clothes already. It really makes the 'other' wedding pale by comparison, which is ok, but, so far, what a relief to see how it should be done. :flowers:

(...)

For the wedding of Prince Albert, Stephan Bern who is a report and who belongs to the team of communication which works for the wedding said, in the interview on Monaco Matin that we will surely be surprised to see that there will be more sovereighns and royals to these wedding than to the english wedding because Prince Albert is a ruling sovereighn.
I think we will see the arrivals of the royals to the religious wedding, Prince Albert lent 200 hundred limousines to bring the guests. And I think we will see the royals during the ceremony because Stephan Bern was very deappointed not to see the foreighn royals during the ceremony, he will comment the religious ceremony on A2.
I hope not not see the royals gathered kike a sheeps troop in a park, as we saw in the ceremony at the Westminster abbey. But Prince albert is more carefull on the manners

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze, just re-read my latest posts and had to laugh, a bit cranky I was, eh? ;) :D

Just because I didn't get my way about the bridal party, and will have to tell the lady I'm commissioning for a set of wedding dolls that there won't be any bridesmaids. Yep, I'm getting a soft sculpture made of the Monaco Wedding, which I didn't even get for Charles & Diana! :eek: But then again I was just a kid when the latter took place, and now that I'm an adult I can do whatever I want. :)

Here's wishing the couple the very best, as well as the people of Monaco! :cheers:

ps: Albert, as soverign, sat in the first row at the Swedish Royal Wedding. I know because I had a blast watching his (& Charlene's, whom sat behind him) face whilst Victoria & Daniel recited their vows. :cool:

Sorry, but I suspect that the BRF will always insist on their own ideas of protocol. Little Monaco will probably never be good enough .....

I wondered why Prince Albert was in the 4th row at the Royal Wedding. I think the British Royal Family think themselves better than everyone else. But I am positive when the present Queen dies and Charles takes over the magic will diminish and maybe they won't think the other Royal Houses are so beneath them! By the way William and Catherine are certainly not the new shining royal stars I think Charles and Diana were. William and Catherine have no glamour whatsoever this average couple heading for their 30's next year should try and associate with the foreign Royals more but the British Royal Family can hardly think themselves superior which is what is happening at the moment. It will be interesting to see who they send to the MONACO WEDDING! But don't expect any surprises there --- probably a very junior member of the family.

I think the foreign royals were treated very badly by the BBC news and sky. Hardly saw any of theme.

My hunch is that Edward and Sophie will be despatched to Monaco :)

But perhaps I'm being too pessimistic, and they may send Charlie and Millie instead....

Prince Edward attended with Princess Sophie to the enthronement, it is always Prince Edward and Princess Sophie who attend to the foreighn royal weddings, (see the wedding of Princess Victoria and so). When Prince Charles was not yet married to Camilla, he went to the wedding of the crown princes( Prince Haakon, Prince philip) perhaps he will attend to the wedding of Prince Albert, they have the same ideas on the environement and so, The duchess of Cornouailles knows now the royal families, she was at the pre wedding of the wedding of Prince William and it will be better for her to attend to these big events, she is worthy to do it and she is the wife of the heir of the british crown

FanofMonaco said:
Armani announced a long time ago that they were making Charlene's wedding dress.

I knew it! Thirty years of collected Vogue and W mags will never lead a girl wrong. I TOTALLY knew she would go for classic Italian or French designs. She is so glam!

Will any British channels cover the wedding?How about France 24?

Last edited:
on facebook the title is:
Le mariage de Monaco(officiel) Monaco wedding (official)

No Pez dispenser? No bobble heads? Actually the items look very classy, but your're nobody if you don't have a bobblehead. Even Obama has a bobblehead.

Hi - newbie here. I'm just a survivor of, in my opinion, a very disappointing UK royal wedding and, having been to Monaco and a lover of Princess Grace, I am so glad to be excited about this. So far, it's been handled so tastefully, from their organized and elegant website, to the non-tacky souvenirs, to the obvious attraction between the two. I know that royalty is a little goofy for me being from the USA, but this appears to be a spectacular event and I love the clothes already. It really makes the 'other' wedding pale by comparison, which is ok, but, so far, what a relief to see how it should be done. :flowers:

Welcome! I liked the UK wedding very much, but I am very much looking forward to the Monaco wedding of our beloved Princess Grace's only son, just like you are! :whistling:

Also like melina-premiere, I am certain that HSH will treat his foreign Royal guests with a little more Continental graciousness than the Brits did. It was one of the few things that I found disappointing and annoying about the UK wedding..I can't remember such a lack of finesse at any previous British Royal wedding.

It can get a little intense on these Forums, everyone is very passionate about their favorite Royals...but it is also so much fun at times.

BTW...I love your name! :lol:

Last edited:
Guestlist of the Royal Wedding of Prince Albert - Do you think it would be longer and geographically wider than the recent Cambridge wedding? Prince Albert is a Head of State.

Ephram, I am certain it will be.

Prince Albert is rich as Croesus and is not under the type of constraints that William and Kate and the BRF were under due to Britain's economic hardships. HSH can afford to splurge...you can be sure that there will be no mini-buses for his Royal guests, no finger foods, and EVERYONE will be invited to ALL the pre-Nuptial and Nuptial festivities.

I really can't wait for this wedding.:whistling:

Don't you think they are over exagerating with all the program? Too many dinners, balls, fireworks, etc? They have to party, yes, it's perfectly understandable because they are getting married, but they have to do this like a show for everyone? Is a marriage, not a show!

Plus, i think the Brits were correct. Europe's situation is not like they can be throwing money out the window, as Albert is planning. Too much preparation.
And then they will still party in SA. More money wasted.

I know he is a head of state, but can't he celebrate this more with his family? (oh yeah, and the people of Monaco) instead of the whole world?

Nathalie Cox said:
Don't you think they are over exagerating with all the program? Too many dinners, balls, fireworks, etc? They have to party, yes, it's perfectly understandable because they are getting married, but they have to do this like a show for everyone? Is a marriage, not a show!

Plus, i think the Brits were correct. Europe's situation is not like they can be throwing money out the window, as Albert is planning. Too much preparation.
And then they will still party in SA. More money wasted.

I know he is a head of state, but can't he celebrate this more with his family? (oh yeah, and the people of Monaco) instead of the whole world?

This is a culture that is greatly influenced by the French and Italians: two cultures that know how to do things big. That is there way where as the British are all about pomp and circumstance and tradition. Two different cultures with two different perspectives and should not be compared.

Secondly Monaco seems to be one of the few European countries that is doing well in spite of the bad economy. PA is worth more than the BRF and if he wants to put his country on grand display why not? I am not going to begrudge them the glamour and glitz because Monaco is known for it. It's not their fault their economy is good and the rest of ours is in dire straits. At least it will cheer me up to see others happy and celebrating.

And in this comsumer driven world that money won't go to waste as SA and Monaco businesses will recieve attention and business which creates revenue and money for employee's to spend.

Last edited:
^I don't agree, but i see your point.
Anyway i believe it will be a great show, worth to watch.

It sure will and thank God they have the means and wherewithal to pull it through!

How rich is Monaco? Compared to all the other Royal Families they don't seem to have all the Castles, Palaces but are they richer than the British Royal Family? I know the Queen will never be able to sell the paintings or the jewels as they belong to the country and are not her personal possessions??

I for one am all about the go big or go home kind of weddings! I mean If you're royal and you got the money, then go all out! Victoria went all out for her wedding and what a treat it was! This wedding I think might be the biggest royal wedding we've seen in years in terms of money spent on it. I'm sure Albert is going to have a new fleet of hot cars for all the royals, and I hope he rides in a nice Rolls from his fathers collection of cars. If I had his money I would be celebrating that way too!

How rich is Monaco? Compared to all the other Royal Families they don't seem to have all the Castles, Palaces but are they richer than the British Royal Family? I know the Queen will never be able to sell the paintings or the jewels as they belong to the country and are not her personal possessions??

Prince Albert is said to worth $2-2 1/2 billion dollars. Yes, Monaco doesn't have room for many palaces or castles but it is a gambling paradise that attracts the very wealthy so they have plenty of cash. That $2b or so doesn't take into account any losses from the worldwide economic downturn . But I'd say, even with those possible losses he's still doing better than most of the European royal families with the exception of Luxembourg & Lichtenstein.

This is Monaco. Glamour capital of the world. Of course there will be a big wedding. Besides, that's what the people live for; births, weddings and funerals. It will also generate lots of income not only for Monaco, but for that whole area between Nice, France and the Italian border. Everybody's happy.

Fan of Monaco:
I wholeheartedly concur!

Prince Albert is half Philadelphian via Grace and our economy sucks but I know people in my neighborhood, which is around where Gace Kelly is from are excited about the nuptuials. The shops in Manyunk and in Roxborough-I heard-are doing something in honour of the day. If that happens and they can generate a lot of business, PA will be indirectly helping his mother's hometown local businesses. I want to host something for my block because we have a lot of Baby Boomers and their live in parents who would appreciate it enough to have an afternoon tea and watch a recording.

One week ago, there was a lovely documentary on the wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace at the tv 5.She arrived by boat at Monaco, and already they had a gala of Residents, the evening further they had a gala of the union trade of Monaco, the evening after they had a show of dance and sport given to the sport associaeion and a firework, the day after they had the civil wedding after they received the people of Monaco for a cocktail than the evening they had a big gala to the opera and a firework on the port in the evening, the to morrow further they had their religious wedding, all these festivities were organized by Hollywood team. Princess Grace lost 8 kilos of weight.It was in 1956, you can compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom