Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Uh? I, (i can only speak for me) don't want to turn it into a fairy tale, i was just asking what will happen. It would be "weird" (i can't find another word, sorry) because we are get used to see the man waiting at the altar and the woman arriving by the side of her father. But whatever, as i said, we'll see what happen here...

The lunch/dinner should not be a big problem, seeing as there are something like 230 rooms in the Palais. If it's going to be a slightly unusual afair, then a finger buffet would be sufficient. No doubt the guests will be well fed the evening before, and later again after the wedding ceremony.
Hi Renata,
It is called the "wedding breakfast" because it is the first meal of the married life the couple is having together.I hope that wedding cake as layers and layers of and tires and tiers to be cut with a sword.
The night before I think the Griamldis usually hold a grand reception.. with a sit down dinner... and dancing as was done at Caro's first marriage.

I really hope the Palace booked rooms for all the guests or it would be a major embarrassment to not have enough rooms for the Royals that come.

I REALLY REALLY HOPE NOT!! That's the one thing that still urks me about that wedding, it looked so tacky, It's never been done before at any other royal wedding that I know of.
Why is it tacky?PA is the Head of State and CW is the commoner marrying into his famly and dynasty- this is continental Europe not Britain.. where they bend for courtliness..............and she has waited for five years another couple of seconds is nothing.
Besides why not look at it this way- CW steals the show by entering first.
I wonder if she will follow any superstitions that brides around the world do? Willl they be given the sacrament as Grace and Rainier were?
Will CW throw her bouquet or place it on the statue of St. Devote?
Will they ride in an open car as Grace and Rainier did or will they just go straight to the reception?Who has been assigned as photographer?
What jewels will Pa bestow on CW?
Is CW having any bridesmaids?
Who is making CW's trousseau ? Does anybody know what it will consist of as we did of Grace's?
Will U all allow me to go and interview them?

It isn't just the UK where it works like that, I have never seen a wedding where the Bride is waiting for the groom, that's stupid.
CW steals the show if she arrives last to her wedding, Albert should be waiting for his Princess.
That's a lot of questions that we don't have the answers to and probably won't until at least next year, or even the wedding day.
As for you interviewing them, feel free.

It seems to me the difference lies with whether or not the groom is a reigning sovereign or not. Prince Charles was waiting at the altar for Diana but he was not the king. I wonder if he had been king would Diana have entered first? The same could be said for Prince Albert. Had he married when his father was still alive would he have waited for his bride at the altar. Since this will be held in the courtyard, I wonder if both will enter from the sides and meet each other in the center? Or will Charlene enter from the side and wait for Albert to walk down the aisle - that will look awkward. Should be interesting.

Well they are having a civil ceremony before the wedding, what to stop them from walking down the aisle together?

Grace walked in with her father and Mr. Kelly was told he had to sit down due to protocal and then Rainier came in. It should be the same this time unless Albert changes it.

Well they are having a civil ceremony before the wedding, what to stop them from walking down the aisle together?
Wouldn't surprise me at all and seems to be an admirable solution and fitting for modern times. Even for the 50's I think it looked odd for Grace to wait for Rainier. Probably a local custom. Fabiola and Baudouin arrived together after the civil ceremony, and Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia also arrived together.

Wouldn't surprise me at all and seems to be an admirable solution and fitting for modern times. Even for the 50's I think it looked odd for Grace to wait for Rainier. Probably a local custom. Fabiola and Baudouin arrived together after the civil ceremony, and Carl XVI Gustaf and Silvia also arrived together.
Not odd at all but Monaco protocol.
I am not certain but I think the Shah did this as well as King Farouk.
It is not a Monaco precedent.
Rainier knew how to hold his position as Head Of State transforming Monaco from a rustic place into a principlaity to be reckoned with.
Even though he entered after Grace they had a truly successful marriage-
And I hope PA enters first just to remind everyone who is boss.
But I hope and pray dear Lord pls that he does not wear the white jacket[ from Victoria's wedding] instead of something quite Napoleonic like his dad and wears the medals- and all.Since Cw is not from Monaco I think they should follow some time honoured tradition as they are now way outside the box in what is considered a traditional church wedding.
I guess there won't be any crossed swords to go under as they leave the church- maybe no church bells so many things forfeited .. do not understand it.
Security i think for this will cost much more than if it had been held inside the church.

I guess that day (or that week) we'll see Sout Africa's flags all over the Principality, just like they did with America's flag, along with the Monaco one.

Why is it tacky?PA is the Head of State and CW is the commoner marrying into his famly and dynasty- this is continental Europe not Britain.. where they bend for courtliness..............and she has waited for five years another couple of seconds is nothing.
Besides why not look at it this way- CW steals the show by entering first.

Well first, I'm not from the UK, never been there and didn't even bring it up in my comment... Second, it looks tacky because imagine CW waiting fifteen minutes at the altar with a train, veil, father, bouquet, restless bridesmaids and page boys and she's just waiting around standing in heels, that looks tacky to me. I've never been to a wedding where the groom enters last, it's a brides privilege on her wedding day to be late. Since they're having a civil marriage the day before CW will already be the Princess of Monaco on hew wedding day anyway, making her the same level as Albert. That's just my opinion anyway you don't have to agree just stating what I believe...

Oh, i didn't think about that, you know, that she will be already a Princess when she marries by the church...
But, didn't the same happen with Grace and Rainier?

Why all the comparisons with Grace and Rainier ??..that was 54 years ago and the world has changed.

Grace only had to wait 3 months for her prince whereas Miss Waitstock is waiting for years..................................:ohmy:

if Mr. Waitstock will be paying for the wedding as Mr. Kelly did, maybe then they will have more of an imput.

Personally, I do not think the wedding will ever happen.

Since they're having a civil marriage the day before CW will already be the Princess of Monaco on hew wedding day anyway, making her the same level as Albert. That's just my opinion anyway you don't have to agree just stating what I believe...
Sorry Charlene won't be the same level as Albert. She wasn't born a Princess, nor will she be a Head of State. Due to protocol she should call him Sir even after marriage. Albert hasn't followed protocol most of the time so its anyones guess what happens.

Of course, she will never be at the same level of Prince Albert, It is not because she was not born Princess, Princess Carolin and Princess Stephanie are not at the same level as their brother.In the officials events like National Monegasque fest, they are behind him, Prince enters the first in the Cathedrale, for the balcon , he appears the first, and they wait the cheers finish for their brother to appear near him. It is because he is the head of the state, for Charlene, she will be associated with Albert in the events like Princess Grace was with Rainier.When they will be public together in Public, they will be treated at. the same level . In the public, she will speak about Prince Albert like now "and Sir when she will call him, she will say Sir like she calls him now. But Albert will be always treated like the firrst person on the principaute;In the intimite, she will call him like she wants.

For the weeding, Stephane Bern said he will comment the weedding event the 2 july on tv. he said that the weedding will be at 5 PM .In the newspapers, it is said that Stephane Bern tries to make change the weedding time, he would like that the Weedding event takes place in the morning because there is the"Tour de France" event on the tv at the same time.Like he is in the organization of the weedding event he hopes that the palace will hear him, but now the hour is yet at 5PM

Last edited by a moderator:
IT IS BECAUSE HE IS THE HEIR, THE SOVERIEGN PRINCE, THAT HE ENTERS FIRST!!!, NOT BECAUSE HE IS DIFFERENT THAN HIS SISTERS!!!!
Oh my god, it is really unbearable how some people are "in love" with this (..) uninterestig CW, to the point of making the fool. (..) Wake up!!

I´m sorry this has nothing to do with the thread. I do not understand what you mean by musings and suggestions, I strongly suggest PS cancels the wedding!!!!!

I cannot believe among all beauties he has dated he has ended up with this woman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of "all the beauties", none of them wanted to take on "Project Monaco Wedding".
I'm thinking of Angie Everard and others who found the whole setup unbearable.

It's no wonder that PA has "ended up" with CW, after his father had forbidden him to marry someone PA wanted.

Who do you think PR forbade PA to marry? I always felt he meddled with PC eg. Vincent Lindon also. That is why she got pregnant before marrying Stefano and Ernst.

We're looking at a family beholden to a princely father who wanted to rule his children's lives and loves.

Coming back to "The Wedding", I feel that PA will design his own wedding - just as PR did :) !! Remember his chestful of Orders and other hardware ?

Obviously she will not be the same level as Prince Albert because she wasn't born a Princess but title wise, she will be the Princess of Monaco, making her the 1st lady in the land and Albert the 1st gentlemen in the land, so therefore it wouldn't be akward for him to wait for her as is tradition just about anywhere where the bride and groom do not come in together.

I remember in the last Bal de la Rose, Caroline enter and walked ahead Albert all the time...

Back to the wedding, we are going to have a surprise if Albert wants to do everything his way, like has been doing all his life, but if he sticks to protocol, then Charlene has to wait for him.

Honestly this is becoming more ridiculous as it progresses.

Who is in charge of this thing? You would think the marriage date of the Soverign and the arrival of the Tour de France during the same time is somethign they would have known already.

I mean your basic scheduler could handle this.

Who do you think will attend the wedding ceremony? I mean, yes, it the wedding of a Head of State, but even in the enthronement ceremony, there weren't as many royals.. I only remember Edward and Sophie (as always!) and Victoria.

The Tour de France will take place from July 2nd to July 24th, it won't be
in Monaco next year, but the competing broadcasting time on that special
day seems to be a problem. A more professional wedding planning would
indeed have been advantageous..;)

There were a couple of other royals (I believe Carl Gustaf/Silvia, Sofia --- am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong). The problem is the acutal date which is like a moving target. I am sure that most of the royals have already planned out most of their 2011.

These two need to pick a date and stick with it. Or just elope for goodness sake. Which I know is NOT an option.

So there is no direct impact of the Tour de France rolling thru Monte Carlo. If they are going to watch it on television they are going to watch it on television. Move on already.

Is there a special reason they nedd/wnat to get married June? Wha ynot in May? And scheduling conflicts cannot be the reason, after the last glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom