Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PGrace didn't wear a tiara at her wedding, but she did wear a white suit to Charles & Diana's wedding. I remember thinking to myself --- "what is she DOING???" It had a smudge of lipstick on the lapel, too.

It was Princess Anne's 1st wedding that she wore white at. I remember my mom questioning the choice. At C & D's she wore yellow or gold with a huge hat.

It was at the weedding of Prince charles&Diana, that Princess Grace wore a white suit. I remember that Point De Vue said that it was not fair for Princess Diana. But I thinck that there is no more rules for the colors of the suit of the gasts.
Yesterdays, there are photos of Prince Albert and Charlene on the official link of "prince weedding", there are also news photos of the family of Monaco at the right link named photos, there is Charlene with all the family. But it's only on the french link, not the english link. There is also the interview of Prince Albert of Monaco on Youtube,It was on july for the birthday of hie enthronement, there in it the first interwiew of Charlene Wittstock part 7. Interview on Youtube and photos on the official link came together yesterdays. It seemes there is publicity made by the advisors for the weedding. But we do not see anymore Charlene Wittstock, not with the prince in Cantabria, not with him at Vuitton evening, or at the Armany show.

It was at the weedding of Prince charles&Diana, that Princess Grace wore a white suit. I remember that Point De Vue said that it was not fair for Princess Diana. But I thinck that there is no more rules for the colors of the suit of the gasts.
Yesterdays, there are photos of Prince Albert and Charlene on the official link of "prince weedding", there are also news photos of the family of Monaco at the right link named photos, there is Charlene with all the family. But it's only on the french link, not the english link. There is also the interview of Prince Albert of Monaco on Youtube,It was on july for the birthday of hie enthronement, there in it the first interwiew of Charlene Wittstock part 7. Interview on Youtube and photos on the official link came together yesterdays. It seemes there is publicity made by the advisors for the weedding. But we do not see anymore Charlene Wittstock, not with the prince in Cantabria, not with him at Vuitton evening, or at the Armany show.
1973 wedding Grace wore white
Wedding Chaos Famous Weddings - Princess Ann

:previous: quoting the link you provide:

'The most stunning woman there, we all agreed was Princess Grace of Monaco in a white mink hat and a magnificent loose off-white coat,' wrote Marje Proops. She went on to quote a guest "But guests shouldn't wear white at a wedding.it simply isn't done."
Will you wear white? I bet you will, it's a convention we all enjoy but I bet you won't be wearing mink nor will you be uttering such a snobbish phrase as '.it simply isn't done.'

I would like to see a picture of Grace in that wedding, i think i've never seen it before. I don't recall it at least.

I hope Charlene's wedding dress will be unique and not something similar to what other Princess have worn...or what Grace have worn in her own wedding!

For the suit of princess Grace at these weeddings, It would be fair to watch the old officials photos where there were allthe guests, but I am surprised . I did not remember that Princess Grace was at the weeding of Princess Ann.But it does not matter because she was always very elegant

More than likely they will do something along those lines, it would make sense. I would be surprised if they didn't have a reception after the religious wedding. It's up to them if they go on a honeymoon straight away, we probably won't find out until later next year.

If you look at the Dutch royal weddings, you see that they have a civil ceremony with only close family, no big white wedding dress or that much fanfare. Then the day after is the religious wedding, in the big church with all the royal guests I presume and Charlene in a white wedding dress. This will then more than likely be followed by a reception at the party,
IMO it's similar to the marriage of Charles and Camilla, they married in private at the Guildhall, then married in front of The Queen in Windsor. This is what I understand of it anyway.

I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see.

Anyone who knows the facts, feel free to correct me as I'm just guessing here:
Religious: they'll get married at a church in Monaco on July 9th, in front of the bishop at the church.
Civil: The day before, on July 8th, in front of all of the people in crown council, delegates, other royals, and a few close family and friends at the Palace.

Not sure, but maybe this thread in the forum will help answer the question better

I'm a little late but thank you to the two of you for giving it a go:flowers:

Just wondering what is the video that Christine10 is referring to? I have yet to see it.

Shouldn't we be 'musing' about the wedding in this thread instead of the interview?:)

:previous:yes... we always end talking about other things, tough. Do you think celebrating the religious ceremony outside is a good idea? What will happen if that day rains? :ermm:

I think it will be great. Chances of good weather are pretty high around that period.
Maybe they could cover the Place du Palais with a big white sort of tent if it rains.
Or spread the people over the different churches of Monaco and have the ceremony in the cathedral and videoscreens in the other churches.

Linking to our comments on the reletionship thread. If Charlene hasn't converted to the Catholic faith, then the religious ceremony must be much shorter as I assume there can't be a full mass.

There are other princesses who didn't convert to the religion of their prince. I just think about Màxima Zorreguieta marrying Willem-Alexander or Princess Astrid of Sweden marrying Leopold in Belgium. But I don't think it did any harm to their weddings.
Astrid converted later to catholicism.

Yeah, i was thinking the same. Is necessary for her to convert? Because maybe she can get married without being catholic and raise her children catholic, just like Maxima did with hers (well, in her case was another religion)

Perhaps, as long as the mother promises to raise the child(ren) as Catholics, then the faith of the mother is almost irrelevant.

The mother also does not have many rights or much influence in the marriage, shown by the fact that, in case of a divorce, the child(ren) will definitely remain under the father's control.

So, PA and CW changed their wedding date for the 3rd time...:ermm: Very, very strange.:ohmy: It sets a lot of red flags about this relationship and the wedding. JMO.

C'mon, they're just trying to get it worked out. However, the time has come to NOT announce publicly the actual date until it's just 3 months until the wedding.

I don't see a single red flag nor do I find it "very, very strange" or say ANYTHING about the relationship or the wedding. PA's advisors are simply not doing a very good job with the calendar.

As a reminder, we are not going to spend the next few months talking about whether or not Alexandre and/or Jazmin will be in attendance of the weding of Albert and Charlene. As such, all posts have been deleted.

The rationale for this is that Albert has made it his business not to discuss the relationship he has or does not have with his children. Therefore, any discussion would be considered speculative.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators via Private Message.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator

I've been following the pros and cons of having the wedding inside or outside.

It occurred to me that the Cour d'honneur would be an ideal venue for the wedding. The name implies an "honourable" place, and it is a place where many Grimaldis attended important dates in the family's history, for instance, PA's 50th birthday.

It is also a perfect venue for the Monte-Carlo Orchestra because of the acoustics, and it would house many more wedding guests than the two churches could accommodate.

I agree with you Renata, The "cour d'honneur" is a beautiful place for the a weedding, good for the accoutics. PA's 50th birthday took place on the place in front of palace. For the National fest of Monaco, the reporter said once that the Cour d'honneur was to small to receive the native people of Monaco and the ceremonis with the people took place place on the place in front of the palace.

I agree with you Renata, The "cour d'honneur" is a beautiful place for the a weedding, good for the accoutics. PA's 50th birthday took place on the place in front of palace. For the National fest of Monaco, the reporter said once that the Cour d'honneur was to small to receive the native people of Monaco and the ceremonis with the people took place place on the place in front of the palace.

Prince Caroline's first marriage took also place in the Court d'honmour but i think next year it could be that he is needed for a reception after the Weddding. I also wonder where the Lunch/Dinner after the Wedding will take place as the rooms in the Palace are all relative small except for the Mirror Hall if im right.
I also wonder what they will do with the Balcony appearance if the use the place before the Palace for the relgious Wedding there can not be many people on the Place as there will be benches and chairs for the people who are invited to the Ceremony.
I also think if the Cathedral holds 800 people that is not so less (for example at the Wedding of Frederik and Mary there where 800 people inviuted for the Ceremony as the Dom of Copenhagen has spacefor so Mary and it's the biggest church of Copenhagen).

The lunch/dinner should not be a big problem, seeing as there are something like 230 rooms in the Palais. If it's going to be a slightly unusual afair, then a finger buffet would be sufficient. No doubt the guests will be well fed the evening before, and later again after the wedding ceremony.

I think Cour d'honneur would be a great place to put a tent over and have the dinner! Maybe though they'll have the ceremony there followed by a garden party for all the guests and then only important guests will be invited to a dinner at the palace. The Cour d'honneur is such a beautiful place it really doesn't matter what they use it for! :D

to day, french newspapers say that the weedding of prince Albert and Charlene will be shown at the TV. the organizers of the palace have make a production team which will propose reports and interviews on the weedding to the medias, This team is composed by"realisateur Jerome Revon, a reporter Stephane Gateau and Stephane Bern specializing on royal peaple, this team has a patron
Madame Sthal, advizor of the palace.The broadcast rights will be inverse to the found Prince Albert and the future found Of Charlene. This team will also control photos and images of weedding (civil and religious). You can see the link on the facebook fans of Charlene Wittstock, there are also reports on this news on the web, but they are in french. I hope that you have understand my bad english

^Don't worry, you have written it very good :flowers:
I so would like to watch it on TV but i guess that in Argentina nobody will care about it. Maybe i will watch it online? perhaps?

I have a question: remember when Grace got married to Rainier, she was the one waiting at the altar, not him, i believe because she was the commoner and something else that has to do with protocol. Will happen the same with Albert and Charlene?

I have a question: remember when Grace got married to Rainier, she was the one waiting at the altar, not him, i believe because she was the commoner and something else that has to do with protocol. Will happen the same with Albert and Charlene?

I REALLY REALLY HOPE NOT!! That's the one thing that still urks me about that wedding, it looked so tacky, It's never been done before at any other royal wedding that I know of.

It was always said that it was according to the Protocol in Monaco. So if it's still the case this will also happen next year.

Let's not forget that the Rainier & Grace marriage took place in the post-War early Fifties, when the most important person at that wedding was ..... not a man or a woman - but the Head of State of Monaco.

How much more refreshing the wedding of Victoria and Daniel who met each other halfway - now that's a nice compromise for PA and CW to copy !!

Oh, so i guess we can expect anything. I would like to see him waiting at the altar, not viceversa, but oh well, we'll see.

Well, the Prince waits for no one...what's the matter with that? Why must everything be the same for everyone? From reading posts, it seems most feel that PA and Charlene are not a "love" match anyway and that she is somewhat inferior and won't have the skills to engage her duties, but everyone wants to turn it into the fairytale wedding of the 21st century. I'm baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom