Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to disagree with you, jonc93, Princess Caroline conducts herself impeccably when it comes to duty. She always has. Thus, why I respect her so much. She's more royal than so-called royals out there. Just my humble opinion, of course.

If anyone doesn't show up at Albert's wedding, it will be Princess Stephanie, and her kids, mark my words. Though I hope it does not come to that, as she is after all Albert's favorite baby sister. :)
Im sure Princess stephanie will attend her brother's wedding Her and Charlene get along great and She adores her big brother she always supports him and I do think Stephanie kids will attend Pauline and Louis and Camille are very close to their uncle .

It is my humble opinion that the Grimaldis will all turn out united for Pa's wedding to Miss Wittsock. I also think most of the royals will attend that went to Princess Victoria's wedding. Do not forget to invite Farah Diba and family.

We will definitely not see as much royalty as we saw at CP Victoria's wedding. There will probably be a similar amount of royalty as we saw at his enthronement.

July the 8th/9th a lovely Summer wedding for them both. I am sure the day will be very special and a host of European Royalty will no doubt have a fantastic time during the wedding week. I wonder if Princess Victoria of Sweden or Princess Madelaine will attend?

Since it says a "Celebration" does that mean like a reception or does it mean something like a blessing kinda what Charles and Camilla did?

I'm sure Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine and possible CP will attend.
Frederik and Haakon, due to the Olympics ties so possible spouses aswell.
I could see Prince Charles attending the wedding, it's really not one he could ignore this time around.

I presume the blessing will be similar to Charles and Camilla, but we might get a look inside and it'll be more fancy IMO.

Since it will be a Roman Catholic ceremony, the "blessing" (as in "the bit that comes at the end of a full service) cannot be compared to the Church of England service of the blessing of a marriage.

Since it will be a Roman Catholic ceremony, the "blessing" (as in "the bit that comes at the end of a full service) cannot be compared to the Church of England service of the blessing of a marriage.

Now days the Protestant service is very similar to the Catholic service, but the blessing is different.

As for royals attending, since Sophie and Edward seem to be attending the events that Albert and Charlene do, my guess is they will be the ones attending. As for the other royals, isn't the Queen or King of Spain one of Albert's Godparents? So I guess they will attend. Victoria has also attended other events with Albert so it's quite possible they will be there as will the other younger royals. I get the impression that the older royals are stepping back on attending these sorts of things and letting the younger ones take over these obligations.

Now days the Protestant service is very similar to the Catholic service, but the blessing is different.

As for royals attending, since Sophie and Edward seem to be attending the events that Albert and Charlene do, my guess is they will be the ones attending. As for the other royals, isn't the Queen or King of Spain one of Albert's Godparents? So I guess they will attend. Victoria has also attended other events with Albert so it's quite possible they will be there as will the other younger royals. I get the impression that the older royals are stepping back on attending these sorts of things and letting the younger ones take over these obligations.

I believe his godmother was Queen "Ena" of Spain. I believe she was the King of Spain's mother. She herself was a daughter of Queen Victoria.

Albert's godmother was Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain, grandmother of the King. Juan Carlos generally does not attend weddings.

I believe his godmother was Queen "Ena" of Spain. I believe she was the King of Spain's mother. She herself was a daughter of Queen Victoria.
She was the grandmother of Juan Carlos and wife of King Alfonso XIII. and a granddaughter of Queen Victoria. her mother, Princess Beatrice was the youngest of Queen Victoria's children.

Albert's godmother was Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain, grandmother of the King. Juan Carlos generally does not attend weddings.

Not daughter but granddaughter. :flowers:

She was the grandmother of Juan Carlos and wife of King Alfonso XIII. and a granddaughter of Queen Victoria. her mother, Princess Beatrice was the youngest of Queen Victoria's children.

Thank You Lumutqueen and Stefan:flowers:

Of course Albert's family will be there, as well as Charlene's, I think it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Marriage, especially, is a time when families come together. A time of great joy & celebration, welcoming a new member to the family! :)

In fact, I cannot recall a wedding of this magnitude wherein one's family did not show up. Oops, I forgot, when Jacqueline Bouvier married John F. Kennedy in 1953, her father "Black Jack" got so drunk the night before he failed to give her away at the wedding, not even attending, luckily her stepfather did the honors. :)

YouTube - The wedding of Jacqueline & John F. Kennedy

Wedding Details - John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum

"Black Jack" was set up. There is no way he would have missed his beloved Jackie's wedding otherwise. Read "Jack and Jackie" and "Grace and Power: The Private World of The Kennedys" for more details.

You know now that I think about it, the Grimaldis are unpredictable. Princess Stephanie did not even allow her older children to attend their grandfather's funeral, nor did she herself attend Princess Caroline's wedding to Prince Ernst of Hanover, and in turn Princess Caroline retaliated by not attending Princess Stephanie's child's batism (i.e. Camille).

Omg, this could turn out awful after all. :(

With the Grimaldis, anything can happen! Hopefully they have finally grown up, and can put their differences aside for this one occasion.

Until then, I will be on tenterhooks...
I disagree-just beacause there were no pics of the Ducruet-Gottlieb kids at Rainier's funeral (or any other major Monaco event), does not mean that they weren't there-they could have been seated with their respective fathers, out of the limelight and surrounded by security in order to maintain their privacy.
As for her not attending the wedding of PC and PEA...I think she had a previous engagement that day that she had to attend to. Or the two sisters were supposedly not getting along at that point for one reason or another. Again...with PC...I don't think she attended Camille's baptism because she had a previous engagement, not that it was retaliation of anything.
However- I do agree that they are unpredictable!

http://www.citizen.co.za/index.php?...le&id=97505&catid=80:breaking-news&Itemid=132

And the Wittstocks begin to come out of hiding...for now. First, Gareth appears with Charlene and PA at the Herclius 2010 meeting in Monaco, now this little gem of an interview with Lynette Wittstock. Brief, but still...it's SOMETHING.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree-just beacause there were no pics of the Ducruet-Gottlieb kids at Rainier's funeral (or any other major Monaco event), does not mean that they weren't there-they could have been seated with their respective fathers, out of the limelight and surrounded by security in order to maintain their privacy.
As for her not attending the wedding of PC and PEA...I think she had a previous engagement that day that she had to attend to. Or the two sisters were supposedly not getting along at that point for one reason or another. Again...with PC...I don't think she attended Camille's baptism because she had a previous engagement, not that it was retaliation of anything.
However- I do agree that they are unpredictable!

It was reported in both Paris Match and Point de Vue that none of Princess Stephanie's children were at Rainier's funeral...it wasn't because of a snub or feud..Princess Stephanie has just been very adamant about keeping them out of the spotlight. And by the way Rainier had no use for Daniel Ducruet...couldn't stand him reportedly...so I doubt if Ducruet was there either.

Stephanie and Albert adore one another however, and now that Stephanie's kids are older she seems to have relaxed her restrictions so I would be surprised if they are not at the wedding.

"Black Jack" was set up. There is no way he would have missed his beloved Jackie's wedding otherwise. Read "Jack and Jackie" and "Grace and Power: The Private World of The Kennedys" for more details.

Yes, I know about Jackie's mother supposedly setting him up by sending whiskey to his room the night before. But the fact remains that he *did* miss her wedding, and he *did* get drunk. Those actions are all his own, nobody else's, nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to drink, he did that all on his own.

To bring this back on topic somewhat, I've always been amazed how similar Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis life was/is similar to Princess Caroline of Monaco. They actually remind me of one another ~ both born into privileged high class society families of old money, both adored by their respective fathers & vice versa, both half French on their father's side (& interestingly enough Irish on their mother's side, though only 1/4 Irish in Caroline's case), both strikingly beautiful brunettes whom could have their pick of beaux, both excellent students with degrees, both intellectuals, both fluent in 4 languages, both habitual lifetime smokers, both equestrians from an early age, both extremely protective of their privacy, both cultured/educated/ladies to a capital "T", and on & on & on (oops, and both married 3 times; also Caroline was born the same year, 1957, that Jackie's daughter "Caroline" was as well). :)

Anyhow, I just thought it interesting enough to share. And for those wanting to know more about this most interesting & influential First Lady, here are some links: Jackie Kennedy Onassis / Her Story / Divas - The Site / Political Divas

Hour of Farewell - Death, Tributes, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis : People.com

The widow queen who never lost her majesty | World news | guardian.co.uk

Grace &Amp; Iron - Newsweek

And now to get back fully on topic, after much thought, yes, I do expect both of Prince Albert's sisters to attend his wedding. :) Except for those unfortunate two incidents that I mentioned previously, and acknowledged by Prince Rainier at the time wherein he himself even stated that it was unfortunate, they have ALL been there when needed over the decades, at Monaco's National Day, festivities, Balls, Albert's enthronement, et al. They have did their duty, admirably & without a glitch, and I expect that to contine at Albert & Charlene's upcoming wedding next July. :)^)

As to whom else we will see at the wedding, I would hazard to guess his nieces & nephews as well, all fully grown and able to participate if that is their uncle's wish. And that includes his sister Caroline's stepchildren, whom Albert has acknowledged in the past as his nephews. :) However, I'm not so sure about Ernst, especially considering how he got drunk at the Spanish Royal Wedding and was unable to attend. :( Unless he can get his drinking under control, he's the wild card, and could end up ala "Black Jack".

I can't wait to see Charlene's side of the family! *clapping* They sound great from what little I have read thus far. And that tidbit Charlene's mother shared about what she will be wearing to the wedding all courtesy of Charlene et al sounds fascinating...

Edited To Add: sorry to all, I meant to write Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis & Princess Caroline have been with three men, not that they have both been married three times (only Caroline, not Jacqueline, though Jackie's last man was basically her common law husband, not technically married, jmho).

Last edited:
Yes, I know about Jackie's mother supposedly setting him up by sending whiskey to his room the night before. But the fact remains that he *did* miss her wedding, and he *did* get drunk. Those actions are all his own, nobody else's, nobody put a gun to his head and forced him to drink, he did that all on his own.

To bring this back on topic somewhat, I've always been amazed how similar Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis life was/is similar to Princess Caroline of Monaco. They actually remind me of one another ~ both born into privileged high class society families of old money, both adored by their respective fathers & vice versa, both half French on their father's side (& interestingly enough Irish on their mother's side, though only 1/4 Irish in Caroline's case), both strikingly beautiful brunettes whom could have their pick of beaux, both excellent students with degrees, both intellectuals, both fluent in 4 languages, both habitual lifetime smokers, both equestrians from an early age, both extremely protective of their privacy, both cultured/educated/ladies to a capital "T", and on & on & on (oops, and both married 3 times; also Caroline was born the same year, 1957, that Jackie's daughter "Caroline" was as well). :)

Anyhow, I just thought it interesting enough to share. And for those wanting to know more about this most interesting & influential First Lady, here are some links: Jackie Kennedy Onassis / Her Story / Divas - The Site / Political Divas

Hour of Farewell - Death, Tributes, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis : People.com

The widow queen who never lost her majesty | World news | guardian.co.uk

Grace &Amp; Iron - Newsweek

And now to get back fully on topic, after much thought, yes, I do expect both of Prince Albert's sisters to attend his wedding. :) Except for those unfortunate two incidents that I mentioned previously, and acknowledged by Prince Rainier at the time wherein he himself even stated that it was unfortunate, they have ALL been there when needed over the decades, at Monaco's National Day, festivities, Balls, Albert's enthronement, et al. They have did their duty, admirably & without a glitch, and I expect that to contine at Albert & Charlene's upcoming wedding next July. :)^)

As to whom else we will see at the wedding, I would hazard to guess his nieces & nephews as well, all fully grown and able to participate if that is their uncle's wish. And that includes his sister Caroline's stepchildren, whom Albert has acknowledged in the past as his nephews. :) However, I'm not so sure about Ernst, especially considering how he got drunk at the Spanish Royal Wedding and was unable to attend. :( Unless he can get his drinking under control, he's the wild card, and could end up ala "Black Jack".

I can't wait to see Charlene's side of the family! *clapping* They sound great from what little I have read thus far. And that tidbit Charlene's mother shared about what she will be wearing to the wedding all courtesy of Charlene et al sounds fascinating...

Edited To Add: sorry to all, I meant to write Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis & Princess Caroline have been with three men, not that they have both been married three times (only Caroline, not Jacqueline, though Jackie's last man was basically her common law husband, not technically married, jmho).

Very insightful...great comparisons. The one exception seems to have been in how they chose their men..Jacqueline was always very selective and status conscious...she seemed driven by a desire for wealth and power through marriage. Even JFK, the great love of her life...is not someone I think she would have married had he not been a wealthy member of the US Senate.

Princess Caroline seems more ruled by her emotions and by her heart...unlike
Jackie she was born into great wealth and did not look for it as a requirement in the men she dated.

Off topic, but fascinating.....:whistling:

I can't remember the specifics but how old were Stephanie's kids at Rainier's funeral? That could have been a factor for at least Camille. Perhaps they said their goodbyes privately, I can't imagine Stephanie wanting them to be a part of the public funeral. Caroline's kids were older so it makes sense.

But weddings are supposed to be joyous occasions (though you can't tell by some people), so perhaps we shall see them at the ceremony at least. I can't imagine Alexandra and Camille going to the reception.

And although I can appreciate the Jackie and Caroline comparisons, they are Off topic...so let's try to move on.

I can't remember the specifics but how old were Stephanie's kids at Rainier's funeral? That could have been a factor for at least Camille. Perhaps they said their goodbyes privately, I can't imagine Stephanie wanting them to be a part of the public funeral. Caroline's kids were older so it makes sense.

But weddings are supposed to be joyous occasions (though you can't tell by some people), so perhaps we shall see them at the ceremony at least. I can't imagine Alexandra and Camille going to the reception.

And although I can appreciate the Jackie and Caroline comparisons, they are Off topic...so let's try to move on.

I think Louis was 12 , Pauline was 11 and Camille was only 6 (And Alexandra was 5 years old) at Prince Rainier's death. I agree-they probably said their good byes to their grandfather in private, rather than attending the media circus funeral and sitting though the whole thing while the cameras watched their every move. I remember seeing photos of all 4 kids-Alex, Louis, Pauline and Camille at PA's Corrination in July of that year, so yes I agree-at least the ceremony.

What will happen in the week leading up tp the wedding? From what I have read Rainier and Grace had a civil ceremony, then had a luncheon so Monegasques could meet their new princess and then there was a gala ball at the opera house before the religious ceremony the next day. Will Albert and Charlene do somthing similar? And will they hold a reception at the palace for their guests after the religious wedding? And will they honeymoon straight away? Lots to look forward to.....

so hold on no one answered my question a few pages back. Will someone explain to me what the palace means by the religious marriage of Charlene and Albert will be celebrated the day after the civil ceremony. When they say celebrated do they mean like at the church by a ceremony/blessing or a party/reception?

Ghost_night554, on July 8 they'll have the civil wedding and on July 9
the church wedding will be celebrated.

In many countries (like Switzerland, Germany, Austria) only the civil marriage
is valid under the civil law. This is a mere formality without much ceremony
(maybe you remember that it's been the same with Prince Rainier and
Princess Grace or with Princess Caroline and Philippe Junot, there were
pictures of two ceremonies). The civil marriage can only take place in public
buildings not in churches. I hope that helps at least a bit.:)

What will happen in the week leading up tp the wedding? From what I have read Rainier and Grace had a civil ceremony, then had a luncheon so Monegasques could meet their new princess and then there was a gala ball at the opera house before the religious ceremony the next day. Will Albert and Charlene do somthing similar? And will they hold a reception at the palace for their guests after the religious wedding? And will they honeymoon straight away? Lots to look forward to.....

More than likely they will do something along those lines, it would make sense. I would be surprised if they didn't have a reception after the religious wedding. It's up to them if they go on a honeymoon straight away, we probably won't find out until later next year.

so hold on no one answered my question a few pages back. Will someone explain to me what the palace means by the religious marriage of Charlene and Albert will be celebrated the day after the civil ceremony. When they say celebrated do they mean like at the church by a ceremony/blessing or a party/reception?

If you look at the Dutch royal weddings, you see that they have a civil ceremony with only close family, no big white wedding dress or that much fanfare. Then the day after is the religious wedding, in the big church with all the royal guests I presume and Charlene in a white wedding dress. This will then more than likely be followed by a reception at the party,
IMO it's similar to the marriage of Charles and Camilla, they married in private at the Guildhall, then married in front of The Queen in Windsor. This is what I understand of it anyway.

I guess we'll have to wait until next year to see.

Anyone who knows the facts, feel free to correct me as I'm just guessing here:
Religious: they'll get married at a church in Monaco on July 9th, in front of the bishop at the church.
Civil: The day before, on July 8th, in front of all of the people in crown council, delegates, other royals, and a few close family and friends at the Palace.

Not sure, but maybe this thread in the forum will help answer the question better

I disagree...there was some discussion a few days ago about whether or not the wedding might take place at the beautiful Church of St. Charles.

I agree that it will probably take place at St Nicholas, but since it hasn't been announced yet I don't think it was a pointless question at all.

Unless the Prince is going to invite only his family. S. Nicholas is the only place that can hold a royal wedding.

Back to the civil ceremony: in the aforementioned continental countries, it is usually the Mayor who marries the happy couple.

I sincerely hope that this is what will happen at this wedding. After all, Georges Marsan (Mayor of Monaco) went to school with PA and is one of his closest friends.
Rainier and Georges' father were bosom pals.

http://www.podcastjournal.net/photo...rre-Tuveri-c-Stephane-Cardinale_gp709834.html

Pa has kept in touch with his mother's living friends- and co-stars- I wonder if he will remember to invite say Rita Gam and Judy Balabine Quine who were bridesmaids at his mom's wedding.That certainly would be considerate.Again pls do not forget Farah Diba -and Celeste Holm

Good point, Jaya - I would not have thought of them. Are they all still alive?

I wonder whether Princess Antoinette will be able to attend the ceremonies. We've had very little by way of news recently.....

Good point, Jaya - I would not have thought of them. Are they all still alive?

I wonder whether Princess Antoinette will be able to attend the ceremonies. We've had very little by way of news recently.....
Well www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Gam and
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeste Holm
and I am certain the great historian and lady Judy Balaban Quine is contactable through the others.They would all be around the age Grace would have had she lived.
As for Princess Antoinette I do hope she is blessed with life and health to attend her great nephew's marraige-
Can you think of anybody else?

What about Gwen Robyns - the one who wrote a book, and became PG's bosom pal ??

How about Christian de Massy ??? Only joking...

As regards "supporters" or "grooms", my money is on Chris Levine.

The Wikipedia link you supplied was a bit too short: :))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeste_Holm

Judith Balaban doesn't have a Wikipedia entry, but her ex, Tony Franciosa, does.

I'll probably make a Wikipedia page for her..... got any material?

As to "bridesmaids", I'd love to see Albert's second cousin on his father's side, 25 yr. old Melanie de Massey, as one of them. :) Especially since she seems so close to her cousins, even accompanying Albert & Charlene to England last week, and here as well: http://i44.tinypic.com/24qvno8.jpg

For wedding musings & suggestions, I found this fabulous site that makes fantasy bridal & wedding gowns: Rossetti:pre-Raphaelite, Celtic and Medieval style Wedding Dresses

The pre-raphaelite period is one of my favorites in history, therefore these ones appeal to me personally:
Couture Alternative Coloured Wedding Gowns Rossetti:pre-Raphaelite, Celtic and Medieval style Wedding Dresses

That said, one really has to have natually thick rich gorgeous long hair to emulate that period http://vickiswonderfullywackyweb2wiki.pbworks.com/f/1235641258/waterhouse393vl.jpg (ala Princess Beatrice of York's hair).

Nevertheless, I've seen skaters that weren't naturally born with such hair make it work, in particular Angela Nikodinov, whom was known for her pre-raphaelite beauty: http://kobe.cool.ne.jp/rgfigfan/Images3/niko-sp2.JPG

For Charlene, I think this dress would look lovely on her, as she has the tall lithe gorgeous figure to pull it off: Eighteenth Century Style Caribbean Pirate Wedding Dress

Anyhow, just musing is all... :)

Yikes, how can I forget the hair! After all the natural crown of our beauty is often times said to be our hair. :) I concur.

And on that note, I found this lovely site that focuses on wedding hairstyles: Wedding Hairstyles - Fairytale Hairdos

The one I would pick for Miss Wittstock would be the following, to go along with her striking Nordic beauty (the first pic btw): Wedding Hairstyles - Enchanting

Also, I would recommend that Charlene use some type of hair piece or extensions in order to achieve the look, as she doesn't appear to have naturally long thick pre-raphaelite hair, nor do any of the royal/princely families imho (e.g. Princess Caroline, Charlotte Casiraghi, Princess Stephanie, and on & on & on). I mention this so as not to single out Charlene. Thanks for understanding. :)

In closing, no one, in my humble opinion, can rival Mary Pickford for the best hair e-v-e-r: http://www.born-today.com/btpix/pickford_mary2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom