Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being a tad optimistic about Armani designing the entire wedding wrdrobe?

That might well "break the bank in Monte-Carlo" :))

Seriously, though, I too watched the Rainier/Grace wedding in 1956 on a very small TV set, and the image of Rainier with his self-designed uniform composed of various emblems and metalware will stay with me forever....

I can't see PA making a big fuss about medals etc., just a "normal" uniform and his "chain of office". Either way, grooms are always outshone by a bride!

For sure i think Armani is going to dress her, why wouldn't he.

Why wouldn't he?
Because perhaps Charlene didn't want an Armani dress?

Lol, Prince Albert is a billionaire after all, he can well afford to indulge for this once-in-a-lifetime (we hope) event. ;)

Seriously, I'm so caught up in their upcoming nuptials that I had to go to youtube to find some of my fav videos for inspiration. In particular, mermaids & figure skating. :)

Lucinda Ruh is the first one that came to mind, as she has Charlene's gorgeous mermaid body, beautiful broad shoulders tapering down to a slim waist & legs, et al:

YouTube - 7 Lucinda Ruh Madison Square Garden 9 11 Memorial

YouTube - 10 Lucinda Ruh World Pro Washington D C

***Note: Lucinda is another I could see as a princess of Europe ~ cultured, educated, speaks fluently 4 or 5 languages, beautiful, athletic, not a hint of scandal, possibly still a virgin, a lady ~ though not for England, unfortunately, as she is not from the the nobility. Still, what a lady!***

On the subject of mermaids, I have in my mind's eye a vision of Charlene dressed from shoulder to thigh in a figure-hugging white dress adorned with lovely beading throughout, ending in a mermaid-style long flowing train. And atop her head is the only piece of jewelry ~ a dazzling tiara the color of the Mediterranean Sea, and when the light catches it just so it sparkles like the brightly colored rainbow skin of a mermaid ~ purchased for her by Prince Albert, exclusively. :)

And for the bridesmaids, the mermaid theme doesn't end, lol (click here: YouTube - Mermaids - Sirenas ). Charlene in the middle as the head mermaid, all in dazzling white except for the tiara she wears atop her head, whilst about her on each side stands her lovely bridesmaids, decked out in greens/golds/blues/silk to match the Mediterranean Sea.

***p.s. Princess Beatrice of York so reminds me of a mermaid with all that lovely thick long red hair of hers & those big blue eyes the color of the ocean. I wish she were a bridesmaid as well, but she's a friend of the Casiraghi Trio, though her mom seems to be friends with Prince Albert & his sisters, so who knows, lol. More wishful thinking. :D ***

Back on topic, I haven't even thought about the boys! *laughing* For some reason I just can't see them dressed up as mermen, especially Prince Albert. *kidding* ;)

I'll end now, as I've gone overboard with my imagination, and am spent. By the way, anybody interested in mermaids, enchantment, fantasy, should take a look at Marilyn Radzat's site ~ outstanding! Click here: Marilyn Radzat Fantasy Art- Biography Page

The Archbishop will definitely swoon over the "mermen"!!!

Pass the smelling salts!

Just out curiosity, did Charlene have to convert to Catholicism to marry Albert? Or was it choice?

I'm interested to know what titles/orders Charlene will be given & at what point in her marriage to Albert. I remember reading that Grace was given the Order of St Charles in a private ceremony after the civil wedding & she wore the sash & a tiara to the gala on the same evening.

Well when she marries she's be Her Serene Highnes, Princess Charlene of Monaco.
I looked at the wikipedia page for the Order of Saint Charles and it doesn't list who have recieved the order.

Just out curiosity, did Charlene have to convert to Catholicism to marry Albert? Or was it choice?

I think the Constitution requires the Sovereign Prince or Princess to marry a Roman Catholic.

I cannot imagine that Charlene has not already, or will not soon, be received into the Church.

i read somewhere that she has already converted. planned, planned, planned...

Instruction in the RC faith would have been a slow process, by the Palace Chaplain, Father Penzo.

Madame Virginia Gallico, the Prince's Dame d'honneur, would have instructed her in protocol, ritual etc.

Instruction in the RC faith would have been a slow process, by the Palace Chaplain, Father Penzo.

Madame Virginia Gallico, the Prince's Dame d'honneur, would have instructed her in protocol, ritual etc.
Its one day a week from September to Easter with the holidays off in December so if the Palace Chaplain were to work with her privately it could be done much faster and completed within a month. I found an article that said she hasn't converted yet but then if the press is saying she graduated from College and was a school teacher no one will know the truth about this woman by the end of the year. That could actually be the goal to recreate her resume. People at some point will begin to tell the truth about her as a man who worked with her and her coaches told me to set the record straight.

LadyMacalpine is correct that Charlene has not converted yet. In recent interview with Albert, on July 12, done by Patrick Poivre d'Arvor, Charlene spoke in the end. The reporter asked about her protestant faith and Albert's catholic faith and Charlene told "she is christian' and Albert nodded with agreement. So it's clear she did not covert as of July 12.:neutral:

Hmmm...interesting. So if she does not convert, it will require a change in the Constitution...and CW will become the first ever non-Catholic Princess in the 900 year history of the Grimaldi dynasty? :whistling:

The constitition says that Roman Catholicism is the state religion. It says nothing about the monarch's consort having to be Catholic or even that anyone in the line of succession must be Catholic. If that were the case Alexandra of Hanover would not be in the line of succession.
I am not sure that she would be the first Protestant consort either. Mary Hamilton's father was head of the Scottish Masons so that would make him Protestant. Her mother, Marie of Baden was born Protestant and did not convert to RC until later in life so there is a good chance that Lady Mary was born and raised Protestant as well, although she undoubtably converted as well.

In any case if Charlene has not already converted (noting that some suggested that if she has already that it was calcuation on her part to catch a prince) the wedding is still a year off which is time enough to join the Catholic church. It makes sense to do this since she is marrying a Catholic man, going to live in a Catholic country and any children will be Catholic.

Thanks NGalitzine, but if Lady Mary Hamilton converted(according to John Glatts book on the Grimaldis she did so before the wedding) that would still mean CW will stand alone as the only Protestant if she refuses to do so before the wedding.

As for young Alexandra of Hanover, in the extremely unlikely event of her ever becoming Reigning Princess, not only would she be required to convert, but she would have to assume the name and the Arms of the Grimaldis.

I read that in the Constitution and will try to locate the clause.

Is it against royal protocol to have a member of the royal family, although in the non-ruling branch, as a lady-in-waiting? I think that Charlene might have Melanie as her lady-in-waiting.
They have been seen at 2 events together. What would make you think that? Besides, I think Melanie lives in London and it's against protocol and Charlene technically isn't royal yet anyway, so why would she have a lady-in-waiting? Plus, if Melanie was a lady in waiting, it probably would be listed on the website.

Thanks NGalitzine, but if Lady Mary Hamilton converted(according to John Glatts book on the Grimaldis she did so before the wedding) that would still mean CW will stand alone as the only Protestant if she refuses to do so before the wedding.

As for young Alexandra of Hanover, in the extremely unlikely event of her ever becoming Reigning Princess, not only would she be required to convert, but she would have to assume the name and the Arms of the Grimaldis.

I read that in the Constitution and will try to locate the clause.

Oh, I have no doubt she will convert(and there has been no indication she refuses to convert) just that it is not a constitutional requirement for a consort.

Its one day a week from September to Easter with the holidays off in December so if the Palace Chaplain were to work with her privately it could be done much faster and completed within a month. I found an article that said she hasn't converted yet but then if the press is saying she graduated from College and was a school teacher no one will know the truth about this woman by the end of the year. That could actually be the goal to recreate her resume. People at some point will begin to tell the truth about her as a man who worked with her and her coaches told me to set the record straight.

Thanks for letting us know you talked directly to someone who knew her and her coaches. It helps to set the record straight. I honestly don't know why the palace just doesn't come out with the truth and stop all this nonsense about college degrees, and padding of the resume. Next thing you know she will be declared the next Mother Teresa.

They have been seen at 2 events together. What would make you think that? Besides, I think Melanie lives in London and it's against protocol and Charlene technically isn't royal yet anyway, so why would she have a lady-in-waiting? Plus, if Melanie was a lady in waiting, it probably would be listed on the website.

That's why I asked -- intrigued to know what the more knowledgeable and dedicated members of the forum have to say about this. What made me think that? Just curious and somehow hoping that Charlene would have someone devoted to Monaco and to the Princely Family on her "team" to help her along the way.

Can't remember where I read it, but if there were to be a divorce, the Prince would have custody of the children.

That seems a much more poignant possibility than merely changing one's Christian denomination.

I'm new to Royal forums and being from Australia I just wanted to say it will be interesting to see how much coverage of the wedding we get. Not much I'm guessing so I can't wait to see what the dress is like, and what a European Catholic ceremony is like.

Welcome ! You are in the right place to be. When the marriage will take place you will be able to see a lot of details here such as pix, videos and comments and a lot of links to get more (it is like that for all the Royal events !)
:)
I'm new to Royal forums and being from Australia I just wanted to say it will be interesting to see how much coverage of the wedding we get. Not much I'm guessing so I can't wait to see what the dress is like, and what a European Catholic ceremony is like.

That's why I asked -- intrigued to know what the more knowledgeable and dedicated members of the forum have to say about this. What made me think that? Just curious and somehow hoping that Charlene would have someone devoted to Monaco and to the Princely Family on her "team" to help her along the way.
Like I said...She's mostlikely not as (someone else said anyway in this forum in this thread somewhere) Melanie works in promotions, so that's probably why she was there and it just turns out she happen to see them, and wandered over to say hello, and the press caught them together. Besides, I believe Melanie resides in London anyway, and IF she was Charlene (who isn't even royal yet)'s lady-in-waiting it would mostlikely be listed on the website, and it isn't.

Hi Goddess, Charlene will NEVER be royal - only princely.

If she really needs a lady-in-waiting (God forbid!), then Madame Gallico would do the job.

Madame Gallico is very old and she enjoys of a great fortune for her work for so many years near HSH Princess Grace till 1982. I don´think she needs a job now or she accepts it.xx

Thanks for the link ... European Catholic weddings seem very similar to catholic ones here in Oz. Although, I hope Charlene does not try to emulate Princess Grace's dress ... (total failure would happen) I think she should go for something more modern yet elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom