Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PA declares an amnesty up to July 1st

Mainly about parking fines, imprisonment up to 3 months, etc.

PA won't pardon just anyone, though. Anything to do with drugs and dealing, drink-driving, sexual offences is not part of the amnesty.

Personally, I would prefer that NONE of the Hollywood/celeb crowd was invited...but it's not my party and I have no say.
That's a bit old-fashioned, isn't it? Most of the major royal houses declined to attend Prince Rainier and Princess Grace's wedding because
a) they looked down on the Grimaldis as scandalous, squabbling nobility (rather than royalty, and I guess they're still scandal-prone) and
b) because there would be "Hollywood people" there (Cary Grant and Ava Gardner, considered legends today) and royals weren't suppose to mingle with actors and performers because those professions were "low class."

Yes, you are right...it's VERY old-fashioned which is frankly the way I like it.

And anyway...Hollywood people circa 1956 is a far, far cry from what it is in 2011 even if they were all considered "low class" back then as well.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden23 said:
Naomi Campbell is no less ridiculous at a Royal/Aristo wedding than those silly wanna be Royal Beckhams...especially Victoria.

Personally, I would prefer that NONE of the Hollywood/celeb crowd was invited...but it's not my party and I have no say.

I agree. If they have a genuine friendship, that is one thing. If their relationship to the couple is kinda like they were at the same party 5 years ago and talked for 30 seconds, then that is hardly grounds for an invite. Does anyone know how Albert & Charlene know Ashton Kutcher & Demi Moore? That seems like one of the more random invites to me.

The thing about Will & Kate's ceremony is that they kept showing Elton John. Nothing against him, but no attention was paid to the foreign royals and that irked me. I hope the TV coverage of Albert & Charlene's wedding is more balanced.

PLEASE tell me that I misread...ASHTON KUTCHER AND DEMI MOORE??!:bang:

Maybe I got it wrong when I said this will be a more "glamourous" wedding
than the British one.

PA seems to simply be trying to fill the house at this point...or load the guest list with "names". :ermm:

I hope this is not what he meant when he said his wedding will be "different" from William and Kate's...as in...more celebri-trash than the British wedding??

Albert and Demi worked together on the City of Beverly Hills Tribute to Grace back in 2005 or 2006. I can't remember when she wed Ashton, but it is possible Al and Demi dated...but I don't know for sure.

If Naomi does attend, I hope they give her some valium to keep her calm. Some valium for some of our comrades here on this thread might be in order, too. LOL

Last edited:
I personally don't think Demi Moore and Ashton K are invited.Vogue and other media just assumed that they are going to be present because Demi M was present at the bridal party.

I'm more irked about the possibility that Isabelle kristensen will be one of the bridesmaid tbh..i've always think that that honour belongs to a trusted friend from many many years,even childhood perhaps...doesn't she have any friends during her swimming years? I just can't imagine Isabelle K being a bridesmaid lol.She just seems soo,old? to be one.

Lol at KItty Atlanta about the valium comment :lol:

Is Ms. Kristinsen the woman who did the MidMar with Charlene this year? Blonde?

I am beginning to share the view that the guest list is starting to resemble a celebrity who's who. I know that Albert has mixed with quite a few of the Hollywood A listers over the years, but this seems more of a strategic move to attract public interest for the weddding in the States.

Elly C...I completely agree with your assessment of PA's strategy...which if it is what he is going for he is failing miserably.

I think he should concentrate on having a beautiful, meaningful wedding....and the rest will fall into place.

Mel Gibson at the wedding will certainly put things over the top...in more ways than one.

I am beginning to share the view that the guest list is starting to resemble a celebrity who's who. I know that Albert has mixed with quite a few of the Hollywood A listers over the years, but this seems more of a strategic move to attract public interest for the weddding in the States.

That may be so. I'm not bothered if that is the case. Who is invited will not dilute the wedding for me...I'm only interested in the bride and groom. Evidentally the old taboo of entertainers being "low class" has been eradicated amongst the European royalty, as they are all attending. I'm sure the younger royals actually like rubbing elbows with the "stars."

Is Ms. Kristinsen the woman who did the MidMar with Charlene this year? Blonde?

Kitty,this is Miss Isabelle K..she's a danish fashion designer based in London and Monaco

isabell kristensen - Google Search

I'm also interested to see the entirety of the Monaco Royal Family,other European royalty,their dresses/gowns or tiaras....the rest of the guests, I'm ignoring LOL

Last edited:
Naomi Campbell is no less ridiculous at a Royal/Aristo wedding than those silly wanna be Royal Beckhams...especially Victoria.

Totally agree, Vic Beckham loked so hideous at the royl wedding in London, Idk how people said she looked classy, she really didn't!

This wedding seems like it will have a lot of celebrities, I guess that's what Monaco is all about anyway, I guess...

It is a BIG part of what Monaco is all about. They just happen to have a Souverign.

Burnt, thanks for the link. Someone further up said she was old. Well, she is mature, but that doesn't have, IMO, anything to do with her being one of Charlene's attendants.

Since Monaco doesn't have a huge family to socialize with, I'm sure A&C have been attending lots of society events. That's probably where Charlene met Isabelle. If they are friends, what's the problem.

I'm busy both days Damn ! Hope there is some decent news coverage over here.
I expect there will be the usual magazines there, we all know the ones I mean !!

Somehow...I am feeling less and less enthusiastic about this wedding after today.

I have always hated the circus.

I hope I am wrong.

It is a BIG part of what Monaco is all about. They just happen to have a Souverign.

Burnt, thanks for the link. Someone further up said she was old. Well, she is mature, but that doesn't have, IMO, anything to do with her being one of Charlene's attendants.

Since Monaco doesn't have a huge family to socialize with, I'm sure A&C have been attending lots of society events. That's probably where Charlene met Isabelle. If they are friends, what's the problem.

It's me who said she was old LOL..I guess if they're friends then there is'nt any problem about that.I'm just curious that her bridesmaids are'nt anyone of her peers from South Africa like Sarah Powe for example,but what the hell do i know about their private lives and as who's friends with whom? lol..i's just fun to speculate,imo

Well,this is Monaco..the country where the tacky,gaudy,oppulent,sophistication and classy collide. I always tend to lower my expectation as not to be disappointed later on :)

Last edited by a moderator:
burnt...I think you have my vote for POST OF THE DAY.

I had low expectations for the Will/Kat wedding and look what happened...I thought it was beautiful and inspirational.

Monaco is not like any other place...it is a mixture of everything you describe. I will lower my expectations and hope for the best!

I shall do likewise. I'm expecting a circus too !! I really hope I am wrong.

I had low expectations for the Will/Kat wedding and look what happened...I thought it was beautiful and inspirational.

Monaco is not like any other place...it is a mixture of everything you describe. I will lower my expectations and hope for the best!

I was the opposite, I had high hopes for W & K and was disappointed. Now I'm looking forward to this one bc I like luxurious, gaudy over the top stuff, and I know this wedding will not dissappoint.

Why should Will and Kate's wedding been beautiful and inspirational? They have lived together for years. They are a sweet couple and I think they will do well. They had the same amount of stange guests. My only objection to C&A is Mel Gibson, who is trash. The bottom of the barrel. Beneath pond scum. Sorry, pond scum, which is a natural ocurrence.

It was inspirational to me, COUNTESS. I thought the service lovely and moving. I didn't expect it be but it surprised me.

Yes, they have lived together even longer than PA anc CW, but with a few notable exceptions that seems to be the way of the Royal world in 2011. I have no comment on that particular trend.

If Mel Gibson really IS invited to this wedding then there is no doubt in my mind that PA is going for sensationalism and publicity.

jonc93...I like your attitude LOL!

HAHA thanks! :)

On another note, the only way this wedding will be better to me than Crown Princess Victoria's is if I see the Duchess of Braganca in a tiara on camera with all the glitter and sparkle! And a real, real, real treat would be to see the countess of Paris, or another French royal in a tiara! That would make this the royal wedding of a lifetime for me! :D

Last edited:
mel gibson? wow i would never guessed. so is this a royal wedding or a celebrity wedding? im starting to wonder, however im so excited, thank god the date is close now!

Personally, I am excited that Prince Albert is finally getting married! I read about the engagement in my local newspaper last year and even though I didn't even know he even had a girlfriend, I am still very happy for this couple and I hope they thoroughly enjoy their wedding day!

I think that their wedding will be the ultimate for royal watchers: it will be a very glamorous affair (in no way a bad thing), with interest on the Casiraghi siblings that people like to follow, and extensive coverage of the foreign royal guests. I have no idea of knowing, but I would think there would also be great coverage of all the wedding-related events. All that stuff makes for a good ol' royal watching time - I predict their wedding will be very successful in that way.

I would be very surprised if Mel Gibson is invited after his anti-semetic slurs and yelling at his girfriend or wife? over the phone.

Like at William and Kate's wedding, I think the star's publicists plant these stories.

The media says that Mel Gibson would be there, he is not on the officialy guests list. The media also says that Pippa Middleton would be there too and so... wait the definitly list before discuting on this. A real thing is that Albert keeps ties with the holywood world for many reasons (Her mother was a former actriss(she invited much people of Holywood at many events and it is this which made Monaco very attractive and glamourous during the years 60 70). The second reason is that all people of show give many money for the humanitaire events.
this people has the same bad life as those who came at the times of Princess Grace. but for the moment there is only Noami Campbell, we saw her pictured kissing Charlene and pictured with her during the last event amfar. She gave many money for the association fighting again Aids and also assciation.
This morning on Paris Match there is a short interview of the father of Charlene , she speaks about the childhood of Charlene
This morning on the news called Monaco ma ville, there is an interview about the chief who will cook for the monegash people received after the civil wedding It is only for the native monegash people He already cooked for the birthday of the 50 years of reighn of Prince Rainier and the enthronement of Prince Albert. It is a us for the prince of Monaco to receive his people after a big event. They will be for july the first.around 6000. There will be a very long table of buffet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom