Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an interactive page on royal.zdf.de where snippets of the interview with A&C can be viewed.
also the german tv ZDF will broadcast a documentary about the couple tomorrow (21.06) at 20:15

I agree with you, smdouglas.

To bring the ex-girlfriends into the ceremony, let alone their children, would be tantamount to a scandal.

This is meant to be a religious ceremony......

Can you clarify what you mean by "into" the ceremony...

If Albert is no longer having a "dating" relationship with his ex-girlfriends, I don't see a problem. Just for comparison, the Cambridges both had ex-s at their wedding and it was a religious ceremony.

KittyAtlanta that is true...but the Cambridges did not have exes who were :

1)Married to other people at the time they dated the bride and groom
2)Sold their stories to the tabloids, or stalked the Cambridges and harrassed them at public engagements

Tamara and Nicole are guilty of all of the above. I would not blame Albert or Charlene a bit if they did not want them at the wedding.

Thank you for posting these interviews. They both look very relaxed.

Nice interviews. They do look pretty relaxed. My question is this. Why has she not learned French? I would think it should be something she would want to do since she will become a part of that country. :flowers:

Nice interviews. They do look pretty relaxed. My question is this. Why has she not learned French? I would think it should be something she would want to do since she will become a part of that country. :flowers:

The subject of Ms Wittstock's fluency in French...or lack thereof...is the subject of much heated discussion on more than one thread. :ermm:

Some posters understand and do not think it's unusual.

I am not in that category of understanding posters but I am hopeful that CW will rectify this after the wedding...and quickly.

the south Africa newspaper sunday times published a cope of day, a report which said that the africaner band called Romanz will sing the favorite charlene wittstoch's song 'with all my heart 'as she will enter in the palace. the group was received in the palace by the prince and Charlene. They will sing a duet during the ceremony with the italien singer ugo?.
With all my heart is a christian song.
For the interview on Fr3, We laughed a lot because the report was a little comic, He said 'Your Highness your parents will not be there, they are dead' ' My mother who listened with me the interview said me. ' The poor man is so impressed that I thought He would say they made a travel.At a moment he mixed all the english and french words in a question. We saw the prince rolling his eyes.

melina-premiere...I am a little confused...will CW enter the palace to that music, or will she enter the Courtyard for her Nuptial Mass accompanied to that tune?

Thanks!

KittyAtlanta that is true...but the Cambridges did not have exes who were :

1)Married to other people at the time they dated the bride and groom
2)Sold their stories to the tabloids, or stalked the Cambridges and harrassed them at public engagements

Tamara and Nicole are guilty of all of the above. I would not blame Albert or Charlene a bit if they did not want them at the wedding.

Actually, your response of "that is true" is the proper answer to my statement. I admire both Albert and Charlene for being able to move past less agreeable times.

In fact, it´s a transcription of an interview in English.

No, they also did a television interview in french (an English for charlene) with a Belgian television chain. And this is the transcripton.

Again, I ask the question could/should Albert have helped her more with the French language or paid for an expert to tutor Charlene. It would have taken hard work but only Charlene knows why it has not worked out thus far her speaking/understanding some French.

He could have and should have done both..BUT. CW is not a recalcitrant child. If she was really motivated to become fluent in the language that was being spoken all around her she could easily have done so. This is a woman who achieved Olympian status in swimming after all...where there is a will there is a way.

In her shoes, I would have had at LEAST three days a week of immersion...where I insisted on being spoken to in French ONLY.

As I have said many times...it was apparently a matter of priorities....

ETA: She apparently understands French fairly well. I have seen video of her at Mass in the Cathedral, smiling and nodding along as the celebrant speaks.

So all it takes is a little further effort.

Charlene seems quite a strong-willed person. She may be able to determine her own views, thoughts, actions....

to answer to the question of Renata about the tune which would be played, it is said romanz band said that the couple liked so much this song that they chose this song as Charlene enters in the palace. I do not know no more.
The title of the newspaper is;
SA romanz as Charlene weds the newspaper is Times lives
The band will sing a duet with Humberto Tozzi
There is a photo of the group

Again, I ask the question could/should Albert have helped her more with the French language or paid for an expert to tutor Charlene. It would have taken hard work but only Charlene knows why it has not worked out thus far her speaking/understanding some French.

Albert has paid for every 3000 euro dress she has worn to every event for the last, how many years? It is not a matter of money. If I were PA I would feel a little embarrased, and in some interviews he looks like he is. Anyway, If it were only the language issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the religious ceremony taking place in the courtyard and not a cathedral? Therefore, I wonder if Charlene might wear a strapless dress. I mean, I hope she doesn't and Armani is classier than that. But I'm thinking this is a possibility.

It is indeed a possibility. Monaco Matin this morning reports that, at the religious ceremony, bare shoulders will be allowed for everyone, on account of the heat. Special fans will be distributed....

5150 Monegasques have applied for tickets, but only 4000 will be able to attend, of which 3000 will be seated, and 1000 standing. That leaves 1500....

Monegasques with seats will enter the Place du Palais between 14 h and 15 h 30, and they will be able to leave at 19 h 10 at the earliest.
A long wait...

The standing Monegasques will be able to get in from 16 h 45 and will leave at 18 h 30.

http://www.monacomatin.mc/article/monaco/4-000-monegasques-sur-la-place-du-palais

Last edited:
I hope Charlene will not wear a strapless wedding dress. In Monaco matin, it is said that bare shoulders will be allowed because it is very hot . In France and in other lands, I see only strapless bride wedding dresses.Personnaly, I do not like this mode, but The persons who will be on the place of Palace will be in the entire sun, and it will be very different for Charlene because there will be a velum about the courtyard
On the publicity of Point De Vue, in the inside of the newspaper which will be published to morrow, in the sommary, there is a tittle, ' Albert and Charlène, open the ban'
The ban is an officially paper which is published and hanged on the wall of the 'mairie', in it in france there are the names of the brides, birthday dates, the names of the parents, the witnesses of the two brides. I think we will know soon the names of the witnasses of Prince Albert and Charlène. I think Point De Vue already knows many news and they will publish the names and the palace will give us perhaps also the names to morrow

On the site of royal correspondent there is a report on the wedding to day

Last edited by a moderator:
The race is on as to who will be the best news anchor for the wedding.

Some contenders, in alphabetical order - Ready - Steady - GO !

Stéphane Bern Stéphane Bern - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marie Drucker Marie Drucker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jean-Pierre Foucault Jean-Pierre Foucault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jacques Legros

Vincent Meylan

Jean-Claude Narcy

Sandrine Quétier

Mariage, les stars du glamour au micro !

Angieuk The French interviewer was very good, and fluent in both languages, thank God...

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the religious ceremony taking place in the courtyard and not a cathedral? Therefore, I wonder if Charlene might wear a strapless dress. I mean, I hope she doesn't and Armani is classier than that. But I'm thinking this is a possibility.

I think she'd want something more original. The strapless design has been done to death, and is getting passe, imo.
Armani knows this and I believe we'll see something different- perhaps off the shoulder or with cap sleeves? That still wouldn't be too hot but will look classier than strapless.

Melina In England and Scotland, we also have "banns" being posted and read at the Town Hall or Mayor's office :)

I can't wait for the names being posted !! I hope one of them is Chris Levine, Albert's cousin.

I agree. This is a Nuptial Mass being celebrated by an Archbishop for a reigning Prince, even if it is hot and it is not taking place in the Cathedral, I don't think a strapless bridal gown would be appropriate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom