Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you are right about the tiaras:flowers:!
Has the dress code been published somewhere? I wouldn't be surprised if the dress code will be black tie, meaning no tiaras :sad:. But since the wedding is late afternoon, it should be with at least nice gowns and some stunning jewellery.

The wedding itself is dresses and hats for the ladies and morning suit or uniform for the men but for the dinner and ball i think we will have at last black tie.

The wedding itself is dresses and hats for the ladies and morning suit or uniform for the men but for the dinner and ball i think we will have at last black tie.
Thank you, Stefan. I hope to see at least Charlene with a tiara, althought it's not a tradition in Monaco.

Thank you, Stefan. I hope to see at least Charlene with a tiara, althought it's not a tradition in Monaco.
I hope it too and i still hope the Ball is white tie. But on the Royal Jewels MB someone said that thee is an exhibition about Princess Grace somewhere and there the fringe tiara, the diamond and pearl tiara and also 2 or 3 of Grace's tiara are on display. So not too much hope or they take them all out for the Wedding.

I hope it too and i still hope the Ball is white tie. But on the Royal Jewels MB someone said that thee is an exhibition about Princess Grace somewhere and there the fringe tiara, the diamond and pearl tiara and also 2 or 3 of Grace's tiara are on display. So not too much hope or they take them all out for the Wedding.
So much for my dream of seeing bride Charlene with the pearl drop tiara, Caroline with the fringe, Stephanie with the ruby tiara and Charlotte with Princess Grace's diamond tiara:ROFLMAO:! It was a vain hope anyway. Maybe they left out one of Grace's tiaras out of the exhibition? But to me it would be strange to have one more of these Monaco white tie events (like Prince Albert's investiture) where foreign royals wear tiaras, while Albert's sisters don't.

So much for my dream of seeing bride Charlene with the pearl drop tiara, Caroline with the fringe, Stephanie with the ruby tiara and Charlotte with Princess Grace's diamond tiara:ROFLMAO:! It was a vain hope anyway. Maybe they left out one of Grace's tiaras out of the exhibition? But to me it would be strange to have one more of these Monaco white tie events (like Prince Albert's investiture) where foreign royals wear tiaras, while Albert's sisters don't.

Yes that would be really strange. And i doubt Caroline would wear one of the Hannover tiaras now.

there will be a guests list soon, we knew only the official guests list of William and Kate a week before the weddinf. For Monaco, it was said that the guests list will be published in the two last weeks. We know that the swedish royal family will be there, king and the queen of Belgium, the crown prince couple of Netherlands, the crown couple of Denmark, the family of Norway will be there. We will perhaps the further week. We know that there will be many royal families by the minister of security

Will Philippe and Mathilde also attend?
I hope so :flowers:

Yes that would be really strange. And i doubt Caroline would wear one of the Hannover tiaras now.
If I were Caroline, I wouldn't ever touch a piece of Hannover jewellery again. Also it would be strange if Caroline wears a tiara while Stephanie doesn't. After all they are both Albert's sister, and from the wedding onwards Caroline won't be the first lady anymore.

You know that for definete? A danish poster said that they were unsure about M&Fs attendance.

i just reacted to the post i see... i wish m&f attend the wedding, but i think you are right. the article talks about it as a speculation...

As far as I know, the Grace Kelly Years exhibition has been in Sao Paulo (Brasil) since May 4th - 5th when Albert attended the event.

Far fetched perhaps, but he had the opportunity to "borrow" some items for the wedding ??

If I were Caroline, I wouldn't ever touch a piece of Hannover jewellery again. Also it would be strange if Caroline wears a tiara while Stephanie doesn't. After all they are both Albert's sister, and from the wedding onwards Caroline won't be the first lady anymore.

I think we can be happy if we see a tiara at the bride - but since it is a morning wedding (at least I thougth so), definitely no tiaras - just hats - unfortunately...;)

oops - I think I just repeated here some comments above...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen seems to always send the Wessexes to less important events..... but, we never know.... it might be C & C instead.....

From the Le Mariage de Monaco FACEBOOK site:

By appointment to the Court of Monaco....

Ladurée, Fabricant de Douceurs depuis 1862

Ladurée - BIENVENUE | Facebook

William & Catherine will be in the middle of their tour to Canada & the States, therefore they wont be attending.

Canada June 30 - July 8
State July 8 -10

Countess felicitas, the religious ceremony will be at monaco (europa hours at 5 p.m and not on the morning, the dress is dress and hats for the women and costum for men, after they could go to the hotels which are not far for the palace to change and wear long dress and uniform or gala suits for men and tiaras for women, princess Stephanie and princess caroline have tiaras from their mother.

The Queen seems to always send the Wessexes to less important events..... but, we never know.... it might be C & C instead.....

I hope so as this is the Wedding of a Head of State,Monaco might only be a Principality but HSH is still a Monarch none the less.

I hope so as this is the Wedding of a Head of State,Monaco might only be a Principality but HSH is still a Monarch none the less.
Queen Elizabeth didn't feel Rainier and Graces wedding was worthy of her attendance and never seen where she sent anyone else. I would like to see Charles and Camilla attend however, I expect it will be the Wessexes.

I am pretty certain C&C will not be attending and it will be the Wessexes. They attended PA's Enthronement ceremonies, and CW has gone on record as saying that she has become good friends with Sophie Wessex.

The Wessexes are also closer to PA and CW's age group than Charles and Camilla.

I am pretty certain C&C will not be attending and it will be the Wessexes. They attended PA's Enthronement ceremonies, and CW has gone on record as saying that she has become good friends with Sophie Wessex.

The Wessexes are also closer to PA and CW's age group than Charles and Camilla.

That's true!

CW is the same age group as Sophie, but one can't say the same about PA :))

If anyone wants to ask Edward and Sophie whether they will attend the wedding, here's the address:

Their Royal Highnesses The Earl and Countess of Wessex
Bagshot Park, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5PL
Tel +44 (0)20 7930 4832.

Countess felicitas, the religious ceremony will be at monaco (europa hours at 5 p.m and not on the morning, the dress is dress and hats for the women and costum for men, after they could go to the hotels which are not far for the palace to change and wear long dress and uniform or gala suits for men and tiaras for women, princess Stephanie and princess caroline have tiaras from their mother.
As it was posted earlier, several of the Grimaldi tiaras are at an exhibition in Brazil. This includes the fringe tiara and the pearl drop tiara originating from Princess Charlotte and 2 or 3 of Princess Grace' tiaras. If the Grimaldis were all planning to were tiaras, they wouldn't have send their best pieces abroad, imho. Maybe they kept one tiara for Charlene, maybe they didn't. After all neither Grace nor Caroline or Stephanie wore tiaras at their wedding day. So it's possible that Charlene won't wear one either. (Although I really hope she will.:D:D)

I personally don't expect to see CW in a tiara at her wedding Mass, but I DO expect that she will appear in one that evening at the Ball.

Same for Princess Caroline(if she wears one at all)

Stephanie? FORGET about it. I don't think she will ever wear a tiara!

Ah, but the question is:

Will Caroline wear one ??? Personally I think she would grace the occasion with dignity.

This is another aspect of the half-hearted habits of the Grimaldi... There is no one who sets the tone ...... unlike the Queen who would see to it that everything is correct.

Last edited:
who will attend the wedding for belgium and denmark? i read that m&f will attend it, but there's no official announcement yet.

Ah, but the question is:

Will Caroline wear one ??? Personally I think she would grace the occasion with dignity.

This is another aspect of the half-hearted habits of the Grimaldi... There is no one who sets the tone ...... unlike the Queen who would see to it that everything is correct.

True, but somehow the Grimaldis always seem to pull off their grand events with style and panache.

The Enthronement ceremonies for Prince Albert were both grand and emotional...and of course being the Grimaldis they all looked stunning.

I am crossing my fingers that this wedding...their biggest event since the Enthronement...goes off without a hitch.

It always somehow works out well.

As for funerals...I know it sounds morbid but nobody looks more elegant in mourning than the Monaco group...the only other family in the world I can think of that "do" funerals as well are the Kennedys of Massachusetts, but they of course are not Royal or aristocratic.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden,
I think the Kennedys as a group had (and still have) oodles more personality than even the Grimaldi Clan.

It must be the Irish blood - but then, PA seems to be lacking in that department...

Mariage Princier:

Pierre Debat is responsible for the music on the Big Day.
He has recruited 77 musicians from the Philharmonic Orchestra, plus the Choirs of the Opéra, and the Petits Chanteurs de Monaco.
There will be two organs, plus South African singers.

The choice of music will only be published a few days before the Mass.

Mariage princier : une messe « solennelle et émouvante » se prépare | monacomatin.com

Mariage Princier: The Route Map (PDF)

From the Place du Palais to the Eglise Sainte Dévote....

http://www.mariageprinciermonaco2011.mc/articles/global_medias/1625plan_cortege.pdf

Ah, music music music, one can never have enough, especially at such a momentous occasion such as this ~ the marriage of a soverign from the House of Grimaldi, the first since Prince Rainier wed Grace Kelly in 1956. :monacoflag: :heart1:

But back to the discussion of tiaras (my personal favorite topic btw, lol), in particular Princess Caroline of Hanover. I think it would be apropos and fitting for her to wear one of the many spectacular Hanover jewels, of which there are a treasure trove of, as she is still First Lady of the House of Hanover (and styled as such on the Monaco Princely Website), therefore it would only be apropos for Caroline to wear a Hanover Tiara, whereas her new sister-in-law one of the many Grimaldi Tiaras. Jmho. :)

And here they are (i.e. the Hanover Jewels; take your pick!):

Caroline of Hanover | Brunswick Tiara onced owened by Josephine Empress of France

Blten-Diadem des Hannover Schatzes| Diamant-Tiara mit Geissblatt-Blten

Schmuck und Juwelen der Welfen - Jewels of the Guelphes | Cumberland - Hannover

Isabella Prinzessin von Hannover | Hochzeits - Diadem - Coronet

Erzherzogin Francescas Smaragd-Tiara | ROYAL MAGAZIN - SCHMUCK

ps: I think the last one would look SPECTACULAR on Charlene; the color matches her eyes perfectly! :cool:

Last edited:
There is an article on monaco matin about the mass during the wedding and the music

If Stéphanie didn´t wearing tiara before, her brother´s wedding should be great event for premiere. It would be wonderful if dress code will be White tie and PC and PS had tiaras ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom