Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad people cannot just enjoy the upcoming wedding of Prince Albert & Miss Charlene Wittstock, bask in it, the little tidbits provided, the guests, details about the dinner, singers, gala extravaganza, civil ceremony, religious ceremony, et al. But, no, now comes the comparisons between Albert & Charlene versus William & Kate. :whistling: *rolls eyes*

My opinion, who gives a (insert profanity remark) how much coverage will be provided, who's going to be on such & such magazine, et al.

Yeah yeah, I know everybody is entitled to their opinion, that I do agree with, but the constant Debbie Downers gets to be a bit much imho. I tend to be a Susan Sunshine, lol! :lol:

ps: is it true that Paul McCartney will be one of the singers? If so I'll truly be in heaven. :heart1:

I don't think anyone is trying to be a debbie downer or compare them to W&K. I think people are just curious as to why it's not getting much press and trying to figure out if there will be adequate coverage of the ceremony here in the US.

I think the palace set some hotel rooms aside for the press but only for a few days. The news companies probably don't want to pay Monaco prices for very long either. The Global Champions Tour will be in town the previous week-end so I am hoping to get a little extra coverage of that too.

It's only natural to compare two major events, and to engage in a "post mortem" :)

I, for one, am already embroiled in the next but one wedding, i.e. Zara and Mike in Edinburgh.

With respect, one can't compare Westminster Abbey with the Mediterranean Sea :)

Talking about the weather, the Côte d'Azur looked decidedly murky last night ...

Météo: orages et fortes pluies ce dimanche sur la Côte d'Azur | Nice-Matin

So far, we've used the initials PA, PS, PC..... what are we going to use for Charlene? PCh ?

Front page of "Monaco-Matin":

Alain Ducasse about the wedding:

Ducasse : « le mariage tel que je l'ai rêvé »

(The wedding, the way i've dreamt it)

Toute l'actualité avec Monaco-Matin - monacomatin.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday,it was very hot and my mother ate out door with the family of my brother. When it rained in the south of the france, it does'nt last it is not like in Great Britain or scotland, that you are cold and you have the rain all the day.
Yes we cannot compare Wetminster to the palace but I prefer the open air wedding at the palace because the wedding of the westminster is so boring

Mélina, did you get wet yesterday? :)

I totally agree with you about the open air wedding !

But are there any contingency plans, in case there is a rafale, or - God forbid! - an ouragan at the Monégasque wedding ???

P.S. do you remember Stéphanie singing "Ouragan" ??
A long time ago.....

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the uniform Albert will wear is completely white or only the jacket (like he wore at Victoria and Daniel's wedding)?

I don't think anyone is trying to be a debbie downer or compare them to W&K. I think people are just curious as to why it's not getting much press and trying to figure out if there will be adequate coverage of the ceremony here in the US.
:ermm:
That's what I thought was happening too..?? I feel like I am missing something?

I don't see any William and Kate vs. Albert and Charlene going on here at all.

ETA: I enjoyed the WillKat wedding very much, and have watched it more times than I care to admit. But I am very much looking forward to this wedding.

If anyone thinks I was comparing Westminster Abbey unfavorably with the Med, they misunderstood my intent..I was simply pointing out that both are venues were and are glorious, that indeed we are all in for a visual treat, just like at the British wedding.

If memory serves, there was a lot of grumbling in the beginning when it was announced that PA's wedding would be in the Palace Courtyard, and not the Cathedral.

Last edited:
I suppose the Monegasques had no choice in the matter !

However, on reflection, they would perhaps acknowledge that a much larger number of locals can be accommodated at the Palais.

Moonmaiden, I understand about the comparison .... what I meant was that you can't compare a seaside location / modern palace with an ancient church :))

Albert seems a very caring and kind man and I hope Charlene makes him really happy.

Strange ... all those years ago when Caroline and Stephenie had husbands Albert was completely alone ... now Albert is marrying and the 2 sisters don't have husbands anymore and they are now completely alone. Although whose to say the 2 sisters may not marry again if they want to.

I can't imagine either Steph or Caro ever being "alone".

To start with, they each have at least three children, plus stepchildren.

And I can't imagine either of them ever being short of male company.

I suppose the Monegasques had no choice in the matter !

However, on reflection, they would perhaps acknowledge that a much larger number of locals can be accommodated at the Palais.

Moonmaiden, I understand about the comparison .... what I meant was that you can't compare a seaside location / modern palace with an ancient church :))

True, but they are both stunning locales for a wedding, which is what I am attempting to convey...perhaps without success. :sad:

BTW...the Palace can't really be considered modern...even though it has been renovated it is many hundreds of years old. :):)

Mariage princier:

Alain Ducasse interview with Bernard Lambert (Hotel de Paris / SBM) and Monaco-Matin:
PA has asked him about the wedding. AD came up with a 16-page booklet.
The message from the couple was: harmony, simplicity, precision, modesty, careful with the earth's resources.

"From Saint-Tropez to Ventimiglia (Vintimille), Monaco is there....shining and authentic. I often talk about the Principality as "a big little place".

The dinner will be made of simple, ethical ingredients ..... aubergines, courgettes, peppers from Rocagel.
On July 2nd, everything will be harvested in the morning and eaten in the evening. PA has nine cows whose milk is unpasteurised and untreated.
95 % will be sourced within 10 kilometres.
No caviar, no fancy seafood.

On the table: a Protea, the flower of South Africa.

Will the Royal Couple have the Palace all to themselves after their wedding? Or do other members of the family all have apartments at the Palace too?

PA and CW don't live in the Palace, but at Roc Agel (or Rocagel).
But PA, PC and PS have office accommodation in the Palace.

Will the Royal Couple have the Palace all to themselves after their wedding? Or do other members of the family all have apartments at the Palace too?
Albert inherited Palais de Princier in Monaco from his father.

Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie live next door to each other near the Oceanographic museum. I think you can Google their homes.

I just hope I can get a LIVE FEED to the UK on my computer.

Am I correct the :-

30 June The concert starts 20.00 UK Time - no live feed
1 July starts 17.00 UK Time - possible live feed
2 July starts??? - possible live feed

Sun 3 July is something happening today ... something about foreign Royals Banquet???
Many thanks.

A lot of things have been said regarding when they meet, when they met again and began dating.

Charlene Wittstock: 'My marriage to Albert of Monaco is the culmination of a fairy tale'

Charlene look back and remember how it was when first meeting with Prince Albert of Monaco. She competed in the International Swimming Meeting of Monaco Marenostrum, and he attended as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
"I had a very brief conversation with him and went back to match in 2001. It was lovely and showed a great passion for the sport. In December 2005, a mutual friend introduced us again and this time I invited him to attend the Games Winter Olympics in Turin in 2006, "Charlene reveals the future of Monaco, whose engagement was not until June 2010.​
December 2005 was a New Years Eve party as I stated before in other posts. She gave an interview in 2001 to the Sun Times in SA of their first date that lasted until early morning.

Thank you so much Renata4711.

I really like Charlene ... no one is perfect and Albert I am sure does not want to end up alone and I do hope she is the one he has been waiting for ... but only he knows the answer to that. No more divorces for the Monaco Family they have had their fair share as has the British Royal Family. I am hearing that Princess Grace was not as happy as everyone thought with her marriage but I suppose we will never know? I hope she was!

Ooooohh Angie - ! like myself in that colour !

Mariage Princier: THE CARPET !!!

Kamyar Moghadam offered his services for the wedding.

His father, Alexander Moghadam, offered to Princess Grace to open the first Persian carpet shop in Monaco. Their business is called "Fashion For Floor".

The carpet is 200 metres long, 2 metres wide, and made from pure wool (no - not from PA's own sheep :). It weighs more than 2 tonnes !

After the ceremony, the carpet will be cut into little pieces; these will be numbered and auctioned for the FPA Foundation and Charlene's foundation.

More than 500 people have worked on this carpet.

http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/cache/of...sionid=93539CEA6B48B380DF07F1F3636671CF.node2

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
A lot of things have been said regarding when they meet, when they met again and began dating.

Charlene Wittstock: 'My marriage to Albert of Monaco is the culmination of a fairy tale'

December 2005 was a New Years Eve party as I stated before in other posts. She gave an interview in 2001 to the Sun Times in SA of their first date that lasted until early morning.

How'd she discuss their first date in 2001 when she said that were merely a conversation and they were re introduced in 2005? I don't about anyone else but I dint need to be reintroduced to anyone I had an all night date with- I'm a bit confused

How'd she discuss their first date in 2001 when she said that were merely a conversation and they were re introduced in 2005? I don't about anyone else but I dint need to be reintroduced to anyone I had an all night date with- I'm a bit confused
"I had a very brief conversation with him and went back to match in 2001. It was lovely and showed a great passion for the sport."
She told the Sun Times about their date. She says here she had "a very brief conversation with him" which was in 2000 when they met and in 2001 when she went back he remembered her and he told her he wouldn't take no for an answer and had to borrow clothes to go out with him. Does that explain it better?

(...) there wii be also the interview that the couple prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene will give for many documentaries in zdf tv, zdf will be two or three days before the wedding for interviews of people and show the atmosphere there before the ceremonies, the tv will boardcast the wedding.
Charlene and Prince Albert will have many interviews one for the South Africa tv it will be boardcasted next week, they will have and interview on saturday for the rtl.be channel
saturday afternoon on the emission 'Place Royale-
they will have an interview for the french channel the M6 for a documentary on them
My mother read last week on a french south of france newpaper that the couple will give a special interview only for the people of Monaco a day before the civil ceremony.
They had already made many interviews for the channel tf1, zdf and ard(german tv and they made interviiew for tv magazine which published it on last sunday, Charlene made an interview for Figaro Magazine with the photos of Lagerfeld and Charlene Made an interview for Monaco Matin two weeks ago.
Every evening Monaco Info speaks about the preparation of the wedding, yesterday they show the litle towers of flowers which will be along of the the roads of Monaco, very beautiful.
Hier, in Europa, there are more news on the wedding than in Usa or in the Commonwealth, it is like we are in the XXI century and the other country yet in the XX century. It depends about the press if she wants make some thing or not. The center of the Press in Monaco said there are many accreditations of photographs for the wedding, the first are the german after french, belge there are also photofraphes of Usa and there are now many asks of the east of europa.
There will be 50 tv which will boardcast the wedding. It is a little like the wedding of Princess Victoria, the media did not speak a lot about but it woke up just one day before the wedding, but it was two late, there was only the swedish tv and one german tv which boardcasted the wedding. It is already not the case for the wedding of Monaco bacause there are many tv and reports on the wedding

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday 1 July Time - 17.00 Is this going to be shown LIVE?
Saturday 2 July - Time 17.00
Sunday 3 July ---- Is this when they leave for their Honeymoon South Africa?

Many thanks.

I have just sent an email to the BBC, asking for details of the Monaco wedding broadcasts.

Angieuk, I can guarantee you that you will be able to see everything on the Monaco Info en ligne website from the Monegasque Government.

Everytime something important happens at the Palace, the TV coverage is complete and is repeated several times per day, and the following day.

Here's the link again:
http://www.presse.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew.nsf/1909!/x3Fr?OpenDocument&3Fr

You'll see a black window when nothing is broadcast.
The rest of the time there is always something broadcast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom