Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article from the Monegasque government regarding Public Security during the days of the Wedding:
André Muhlberger points out that the Principality has experience in putting on large events.
Even on the Saturday, there will be free access to the "Rocher".
There will be free buses and parking spaces.
However, car drivers may find it difficult because the wedding coincides with the first holiday weekend in France.

Mariage princier : le gouvernement s'active

Yes, it is TV monde

TMC and Monaco Info will be associed to cover the religious ceremony, the boardcast must last 6 hours.

Point De Vue said upon the dinner, there will be the guests and some media to get the fist look of the dance of the bride. I hope we could watch the dinner, the speechs and the first dance as the wedding of Princess Victoria which was perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if any non reigning royal families will be attending? Like HI&RH Prince George Friedrich of Prussia and his fiance HSH Princess Sophie of Isenburg or HIH Grand Duchess Maria of Russia shall be attending this historical wedding in Monaco?

It was announced that reigning and non reigning families would attend, but not which families.

In a conference , the minister said the list of guests will be announced mi juni. I thingh iwill be like the list of guests at the william'wedding, it will be published in the last weeks.
Point De Vue, royal newspaper announced the venue of all the family of Sweden, the family of Belgium, the crown prince couple of Netherlands, the family of Spain, and so

I have TV Europe (French canal) at home. I hope it willcover the wedding.

I wonder if France 24 or BFM will cover the ceremony.Is any of British channels going to broadcast it live?
Have ever any British channels broadcated any foreign wedding?

BFM covered the wedding of Prince William with Kate, there will be an english channel which will cover the wedding of Monaco

I doubt we'll see any of the British channels carrying the wedding, might see snippets throughout the day but that will be it. No channel carried Victorias wedding nor the other foreign weddings. Doubt this one would be any different.

Monaco wedding will be covered by French channels and ZDF, and that's it. Then, i guess we'll be able to watch on youtube (if they have an own account) or Monaco Info en Ligne.

I haven't been excited about this wedding so far, but now that it's getting closer, I'm starting to anticipate....

BUNTE is a bit behind - the invitation card has been on the "Mariage Princier" website of Monaco Matin for at least a week.

The Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo (OPMC) will be playing a part in the Mariage Princier, first at the Nuptial Mass, then at the Opéra.

Sadly, Yakov Kreizberg wasn't to be part of this (he died earlier), but the baton has been passed on to Roberto Abbado, the nephew of Claudio Abbado. So all is well...

Monaco wedding will be covered by French channels and ZDF, and that's it. Then, i guess we'll be able to watch on youtube (if they have an own account) or Monaco Info en Ligne.
I cannot speak German ,but I found ZDF on my list of TV channels.Where is the information that ZDF will cover the ceremony?

:previous:

Here you can find some information on the channel's website (the usual google translation didn't work,
but you can copy and paste single parts):

** Das royale Superjahr im ZDF **

The exact time for the live broadcast will be released next month.

Mariage Princier: 25th May, 2011:

The chef de cuisine is..... Alain Ducasse !!
He's the only chef to hold 19 Michelin stars throughout his career.
He is also a naturalised citizen of Monaco....

Alain Ducasse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wedding guests will be dining on the Terrasse de l'Opéra.

Mariage princier : Ducasse aux fourneaux, les invités terrasse de l'Opéra | monacomatin.com

PA has made sure that mediterranean products are used, and especially those from his property at Roc Agel (or Rocagel?).

Last edited:
Thanks for the dets. I knew PA would be very thoughtful of the economy and do all he could to help boost it. And that is how it should be.

Mariage Princier: 25th May, 2011:

The chef de cuisine is..... Alain Ducasse !!
He's the only chef to hold 19 Michelin stars throughout his career.
He is also a naturalised citizen of Monaco....

Alain Ducasse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wedding guests will be dining on the Terrasse de l'Opéra.

Mariage princier : Ducasse aux fourneaux, les invités terrasse de l'Opéra | monacomatin.com

PA has made sure that mediterranean products are used, and especially those from his property at Roc Agel (or Rocagel?).

ALAIN DUCASSE??! Yummy...what lucky wedding guests those are going to be...they are in for a treat!

Mariage princier, Thursday 26th May 2011:

The princely Champagne will be supplied by the firm Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque.
Apparently, the Principality has had "historic relations" with this vineyard since since 1811. Queen Victoria also gave the firm the seal of approval since 1861, and so did the Swedish and Belgian Courts, as well as the Empress of Russia.

Perrier-Jouët - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Champagne Perrier-Jouët 1811 - 2011 ! Belle Epoque, Vintage, Rosé, Brut - PJ

Perrier-Jouët fera pétiller les réceptions des jeunes époux | Nice-Matin

Last edited:
Well, I think we may have to allow PA and CW to have a glass or two of that incredibly expensive bubby on their wedding day !!

But Dita von Teese would look good on the dining table, with or without champagne :))

Mariage Princier, Friday 27th May:
Apparently there are now TWO ranges of souvenirs in the shops.... one from the Manufacture de Porcelaine de Monaco....... and the other slightly less posh, available from the usual souvenir shops.

The upmarket version retails at 270 euro per plate. The director of the firm states that the collection "will enable customers to re-live the wedding in their own homes".....

What language will they use in this wedding? Is it entirely in French? Since Prince Albert often speaks English too, is there any possibility that English will be used at certain point?

Monseigneur Barsi will certainly conduct the religious ceremony in French, and possibly partly in Latin.....

The civil ceremony will be conducted by Philippe Narmino (the registrar) in French, though I suppose it's possible that some English might be used in the latter event.

Last edited:
Poor Charlene. I doubt she will understand a word he is saying! Whatever the rights or wrongs of it Albert should be helping her more with her French.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom