Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One week ago, there was a lovely documentary on the wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace at the tv 5.She arrived by boat at Monaco, and already they had a gala of Residents, the evening further they had a gala of the union trade of Monaco, the evening after they had a show of dance and sport given to the sport associaeion and a firework, the day after they had the civil wedding after they received the people of Monaco for a cocktail than the evening they had a big gala to the opera and a firework on the port in the evening, the to morrow further they had their religious wedding, all these festivities were organized by Hollywood team. Princess Grace lost 8 kilos of weight.It was in 1956, you can compare

Princess Grace was a famous actress, hence the Hollywood team organazing all, a la Hollywood.
Charlene Wittstock doesn't have all the contatcs Grace had.
Prince Albert is paying for her and her family. Grace payed a dowry, even the Middletons payed part of the party. The Wittstock haven't payed anything and alrealdy are living in Monaco, doing nothing...or do you know what they do?

Albert likes to do his way, and he will celebrate this like a big show, and that's how it going to be, a big show.

I personally don't think this will be better than Victoria's wedding, but i can see all the fanatisim surrounding Charlene and that her wedding will be the "best of all royal weddings..." :whistling:

Don't you think they are over exagerating with all the program? Too many dinners, balls, fireworks, etc? They have to party, yes, it's perfectly understandable because they are getting married, but they have to do this like a show for everyone? Is a marriage, not a show!

Plus, i think the Brits were correct. Europe's situation is not like they can be throwing money out the window, as Albert is planning. Too much preparation.
And then they will still party in SA. More money wasted.

I know he is a head of state, but can't he celebrate this more with his family? (oh yeah, and the people of Monaco) instead of the whole world?

The new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have taken over the entire North Island of the Seychelles...at a cost of $45,000 a night. I don't know how much of that is coming out of William's pocket but I am willing to bet not all of it is.;) So it wasn't ALL as cut-rate as we were led to believe, apparently.

At least it's Albert's OWN money to spend. Since Monagasques pay no taxes, they are not going to have a reason to complain...how often does a ruler of their tiny Principality get married after all?

I say they should let it rip.

Ok, people, let's have fun please! I believe the wedding will be great. It seems very promising.

So far, what are the people that have confirmed their assistance to the wedding, apart from the entire Swedish family? (i think Maxima will go to, but i don't know if she has confirmed it)

It been reported that the Middleton are paying to the honeymoon

Yikes, 45,000 per night? I had heard 7,000. Either way, that's not "normal", is it? LOLOLOL Are they back?

I thought Charles was paying for the honeymoon.

KittyAtlanta, no they are not due back for another week. :whistling:

The Seychelles are paradise on Earth and I don't begrudge them this time, especially after learning that they will be separated for about 10 weeks soon.

But I just wanted to make the point that A LOT of $$ has been and is being spent on the W/K nuptials and honeymoon, and if PA wants to spend a lot of his own money on his own celebrations, it's certainly his right!

^I don't agree, but i see your point.
Anyway i believe it will be a great show, worth to watch.
Hi Nat, I totally agree with your point of view that sometimes a celebration can turn into a Roman orgy of spending. In these difficult economic times around the world and with a Prince who supposedly has enough of a conscious to be "green" it is really starting to sound like there might be too much spending and that in the face of half the world in economic troubles.We have to wait and see however.

Ok, people, let's have fun please! I believe the wedding will be great. It seems very promising.

So far, what are the people that have confirmed their assistance to the wedding, apart from the entire Swedish family? (i think Maxima will go to, but i don't know if she has confirmed it)

I think Maxima might she said something when In Qatar along the line of "see you in England or if not there then in Monaco" I hope she goes, we need some women to get all decked out in fancy jewelery!

If anyone knows how to deck herself out for formal events it's Maxima of the Netherlands!

She has her hit or miss moments in Daywear, but I have never seen her get it wrong at night! :whistling:

Before I try to bring this back on topic (apologies if it sounds as if I am overstepping my place) it is said that the 29 April wedding was a whopping 34 millions pounds just for security alone and the tax payers were responsible for 10 mil. This was according to DM and other UK and US newspapers that have pretty good reps. And the BRF cut back obstensibly. And the Middleton parents insisted on paying for things as a matter of pride I believe and tradition and because they could. We don't really know what the Wittstocks have or have not done but PA is rolling along happily either way so it should not matter.

So basically how much is too much when you consider that the family does not rule it's own land? It is all relative and I don't think comparing any one wedding in terms of financial ostentaiousness (is that even a word?! lol) is really gonna get us anywhere and might fall on misconduct so we should just move on. :FLOWERS:

I am so glad that the whole of the Swedish Family will be attending and I am anxious to see some of the African royalty. It truly will be a marv occasion. Will PA wear a suit or some type of uniform? Do they even have an army?

Vita, I could NOT have put it better myself!

I hope for a huge Royal blowout, and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Yes, I am going to be thrilled to see the entire Swedish RF, and I hope to see the Belgians, the Danes, the Spanish and Norwegian too!

And yes, I want PA to wear a uniform. Actually anything is better than that WAITER COSTUME he sported at Victoria's wedding last summer...!:eek:

Moon I caught that fashion faux pas! And Charlene looked so very elegant I wondered why she did not say to PA, "Darling, will you be attending the wedding with me or shall I tell you about it while you are serving at dinner?"

Last edited:
Vita, I hear ya.

Personally I would have INSISTED that my man change from that getup if it was me..even a black tux would have been better!

No way would he have been looking like a roly poly maitre d' if I'd had any say!:lol:

CW looked soo elegant at that wedding that it just made PA look even more....ridiculous!

Vita, I hear ya.

Personally I would have INSISTED that my man change from that getup if it was me..even a black tux would have been better!

No way would he have been looking like a roly poly maitre d' if I'd had any say!:lol:

CW looked soo elegant at that wedding that it just made PA look even more....ridiculous!

angiek...I am sure that perhaps Camilla wore that necklace as a sign of appreciation and thank you to the Saudi giver...but it really is not very pretty is it? And it no doubt costs a fortune...you could probably reduce the deficit by HALF with that thing!:eek:

angieuk said:
I hope Charlene gets some lovely jewellery from Prince Albert ... she wears it well! Unlike Camilla Duchess of Cornwall. This is the worst I have ever seen.

Camilla's rubies, the Saudi prince and a very peculiar protocol | News

If the Duchess has a stylist then he or she should be sued for letting her go out in that wrecklessly ugly and gaudy old thing.

This is why I am hoping the Earl and Countess attend. She always looks beautiful and splendidly turned out!

Last edited:
:previous: Oh for heavens sake Yes protocol played it's part and yes Camilla obliged and wore the ruby "Breastplate". BUT, that was in January of 2007 and have we seen it since?

Anyone with half a brain who has been watching royalty and their jewellery over the past decade would know that that style or degree of ostentation is NOT, and never has been, Camilla's personal style or taste in jewellery.

It tends more to pearls. of which she has an exceptional collection, except when tiara's are called for, in which case she has three perfectly acceptable choices, the Delhi Dhurbar, the Bucheron and her own personal tiara. Her diamond necklaces and earrings are the match of any other of the great houses.

Well, Marg...I am pretty sure I have more than half a brain and I have been watching Royalty since I was a preteen-though admittedly not Camilla so much..and all I can say is that I am relieved to know that the ruby "breastplate" (great description :lol:) is not HRH's usual taste, because first of all it doesn't suit her a bit, and second...it is freakin' hideous!

As I have already posted, maybe she wore it out of a sense of politeness to the Saudis?

Hi Nat, I totally agree with your point of view that sometimes a celebration can turn into a Roman orgy of spending. In these difficult economic times around the world and with a Prince who supposedly has enough of a conscious to be "green" it is really starting to sound like there might be too much spending and that in the face of half the world in economic troubles.We have to wait and see however.

On the Brit board they are being criticized for not doing it up big enough for some people and now Monaco is being criticized for doing it up too big and the event has not even happened yet.
Rainier was right when he said if you dont have fire works people will say you are cheap and depriving them of entertainment and if you do have fireworks you are criticized for wasting money that could be spent elsewhere. It is a no win situation.

On the Brit board they are being criticized for not doing it up big enough for some people and now Monaco is being criticized for doing it up too big and the event has not even happened yet.
Rainier was right when he said if you dont have fire works people will say you are cheap and depriving them of entertainment and if you do have fireworks you are criticized for wasting money that could be spent elsewhere. It is a no win situation.

The twist in a place such as Monaco is that making the event big and grand is ultimately going to assist the principality's economy. Monaco's main selling point is its glamorous and fairytale-ish image. It does not have other reliable industries or the land for agriculture; it requires to strengthen its reputation as a major tourist spot and luxury destination. And Prince Albert's wedding is its most precious "product" to sell in recent history.

So as much as spending millions for a royal wedding may seem insensitive to global issues and irrational to the working class, this is an essential investment for the principality. Rainier and Grace's wedding, after all, led to extreme wealth for the principality.

mtatum said:
The twist in a place such as Monaco is that making the event big and grand is ultimately going to assist the principality's economy. Monaco's main selling point is its glamorous and fairytale-ish image. It does not have other reliable industries or the land for agriculture; it requires to strengthen its reputation as a major tourist spot and luxury destination. And Prince Albert's wedding is its most precious "product" to sell in recent history.

So as much as spending millions for a royal wedding may seem insensitive to global issues and irrational to the working class, this is an essential investment for the principality. Rainier and Grace's wedding, after all, led to extreme wealth for the principality.

Cheera mtatum! 100% correct you are imo.

And because of the opulence I HOPE everyone's dress game is on point. Are they marrying at the same place PA's parents were married?

Last edited:
I recall some things
_June30th, condert of the eagles is reserved only for the monegash people, the residents and the workers who are only working on the principality, not royals nor jet setters. There are a calandar when the all the concerned people could get their billet for attending this concert. they must show their papers
_july 1, civil ceremony, we have two weddings(one civil, one religious) in france, in monaco it is the one which is important if you don-t marry at the civil ceremony, you are not married, it is the law for all the people common people or prince). the people of monaco received already their card of invitation, they will watch directly on big screms the civil ceremony on the place of Palace and after the couple will share the coctails among them as prince shared a coktail when he became sovereighn and for his 50 birthday.
_8 am, the couple will receive the residents (the people who are not monegash people but are living in monaco for a long time)
_ 10

10am,concert of Jean Michel Jarre for for every body who would assit to this concert.
2 july, 5 am there will be the religious ceremony, the flowersbride to the Sainte devote and the dinner and royals.
This wedding will last two days and a concert of eagles june 20th. The prince wants to share the festivities of his wedding with monegasque. There are concerts of Eagles and cocktails for them july1th, It is normal as the prince Rainier made in 1956.
July 2th, the people of monaco could watch the wedding also on the place of palace, but it is reserved for thr royals. We had not the list of guests,( Prince william'guest list was officially sent a week before). It is announced royal family of Sweden, crown prince couple of Netherlands, of norway, Stephan Bern who belongs to the team of communication of the prince said we would be surprized to see that there will be more royals to these wedding,but I wait to seeif it will be true.
For the uniform of the prince, in the official site named the princelywedding monaco2011, it is informed that the prince will wear the uniform of the carabieniery the only army which is on the principaly. I will not make a comment, I want only recall the true ceremony of a principaly wedding

It's only a month or so before the wedding, and by now I would have expected to see the wedding guests list....

Oh Renata, it is hilarious,the press government of Monaco heard you, he answered
22 statesmen or mimister will attend
and 22 reigning families and 16 non reigning have accepted the invitation
other must confirm, we are just one month and a half before the wedding, the guest list of William and Catherine's wedding was given a week before and the definitive was given in the week of the event.
It is a begin of the answer who will attend to the wedding. It is better than the wedding of Princess Grace and Rainier who had no royals a part the Begum and the ex king of Egypt. and there will more royals who will attend to this wedding than to the enthronement of Prince Albert.
For the count, which wedding would have the more royal guests? William or Albert, for me no matter, a wedding is a wedding, I liked the wedding of Prince William and I will like to watch the wedding of Monaco. and I want to see the royal foreighn guests who will attend to the wedding

angiek...I am sure that perhaps Camilla wore that necklace as a sign of appreciation and thank you to the Saudi giver...but it really is not very pretty is it? And it no doubt costs a fortune...you could probably reduce the deficit by HALF with that thing!:eek:

Camilla's rubies are exactly what they should be --- over the top and simply gorgeous. She wears them well.

I think it is a magnificent piece of jewelry, but I like the BIG stuff.

Is the number of royal familes who are supposed to attend bigger than those presented at BRF wedding?

I am not sure, but I think so...something about PA being an actual ruler while Prince William is only an heir.

Also, Westminster Abbey seats about 1,900 people(someone please correct me if I am wrong) and PA will have about 3,500 guests which is why he chose the magnificent Palace Courtyard for the Nuptial Mass rather than the Cathedral...he not only wants to be able to invite more people, he wants the citizens of the Principality to share in and be involved as much as possible.

Does anyone think Juan Carlos of Spain will attend? Or the Greek Royals? I didn't see them at the Enthronement ceremonies, and they did not invite Monaco to Prince Nikolaos' wedding in Spetses last summer either.

Last edited:
:previous: Oh for heavens sake Yes protocol played it's part and yes Camilla obliged and wore the ruby "Breastplate". BUT, that was in January of 2007 and have we seen it since?

Anyone with half a brain who has been watching royalty and their jewellery over the past decade would know that that style or degree of ostentation is NOT, and never has been, Camilla's personal style or taste in jewellery.

It tends more to pearls. of which she has an exceptional collection, except when tiara's are called for, in which case she has three perfectly acceptable choices, the Delhi Dhurbar, the Bucheron and her own personal tiara. Her diamond necklaces and earrings are the match of any other of the great houses.

I agree with MARG, Camilla has never really been seen in the rubies since. She is usually very well dressed, and never too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom