Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she tried new hairdo with extensions as a trial for the wedding? Oh Lord have mercy on us, that she does not get the "Gone with the wind" dress and "Southern bell of the beginning of the century" updo? The went to Memphis and maybe she got inspired last year!
I seriously doubt that with Armani designing for her that CW is going to go fashion backwards.However any updo like that that Alexandre de Paris did for Grace would suit Cw.I do not think we will see anything reminding us of the civil war.
Like I said a new fashion trend prevails not to match shoes and bags in colour- hence the brown shoes

I think you're right, Jaya - why take risks when you have Armani on your side?

There are bound to be some fellow swimmers at the wedding, surely?

I want to chime in with Jaya and Renata...I think it would be a huge public relations misstep for the House of Grimaldi to have anything remniscent of the American Civil War at this wedding.

Not to mention that "antebellum" is hardly Armani's style, thank goodness!

LOL! If she wants an antebellum dress, she should have it!

It's just my own opinion but I think the other European Royals have a lot of respect for Charlene and that is why major high profile Royals are going to this wedding. Lets face it, even Albert's accesion celebrations only got a lukewarm attendance by other Royal Families. She must be the only (potential) Monaco Royal in decades who dosn't have a whiff of scandal about her and I think PA has made a really good match. I think this woman can really raise the esteem in which the Monaco Royal Family is held among the European Royals. Indeed I think the guest list proves that she has done this already. The outcome will surely be that we will see Monaco, so often not represented at Royal events over the years, become as regular a fixture as say the Swedish or Belgian Royals. Monaco has always had the Palace; the history; the Jewels and Royal Orders to compete with the other Royals now, IMO anyway, it will have the right kind of Princess as well.

Last edited:
Well, I think it's too soon to say how the other European Royals feel about CW...for the most part she is an unknown, just like she is to most of us.

But we know that she has spent time with King Juan Carlos while he was in Monaco. He is PA's godfather and she mentioned it in Tatler Mag a few mos ago. She has apparently also formed a friendship with Sophie Wessex(Prince Edward's wife), and she has said that she's met Prince Harry and likes him a lot.:)

Pretty good start, imo.

Not sure I agree with you, Angela.
To start with, one can't really compare an Accession event with a Wedding.

Also, a Princely wedding is simply not the same as a Royal one, however much one would like it to be.

It's also a fact that PA has never, until very recently, been accompanied by CW at any major functions.

Also, nobody has mentioned for a while the Robert Eringer business. I suspect that the Monaco wedding will be THE opportunity for him to throw a spanner in the works.

Last edited:
Also didn't the Accession ceremonies happen right in the midst of the revelations about Jazmin Rotolo and Alexandre Coste?

It sort of gave everything a sordid bent, perhaps in the mind of the other Houses?

In any case, PA's Accession appeared quite lavish and grand under the circumstances.

Moonmaiden23 said:
she has said that she's met Prince Harry and likes him a lot.:).

That's interesting! I wonder where and how, u can't think of an event they've both attended, but I suppose it could be 100% private

Not sure I agree with you, Angela.
To start with, one can't really compare an Accession event with a Wedding.

Also, a Princely wedding is simply not the same as a Royal one, however much one would like it to be.

It's also a fact that PA has never, until very recently, been accompanied by CW at any major functions.

Also, nobody has mentioned for a while the Robert Eringer business. I suspect that the Monaco wedding will be THE opportunity for him to throw a spanner in the works.

Have to agree with you Renata4711 Eringer is much different than the revelations of a child out of wedlock... he is out to get Monaco -he is the proclaimed polemarch of PA....whatever.........I think there should be caution as they go ahead.
Cw did accompany Pa to the Swedish wedding of Victoria... but that will be very different even in how the media reports it than the one in Great Britain for Wills and Kate.
Hopefully it will be favorably reported on.

Well, I think it's too soon to say how the other European Royals feel about CW...for the most part she is an unknown, just like she is to most of us.

But we know that she has spent time with King Juan Carlos while he was in Monaco. He is PA's godfather and she mentioned it in Tatler Mag a few mos ago. She has apparently also formed a friendship with Sophie Wessex(Prince Edward's wife), and she has said that she's met Prince Harry and likes him a lot.:)

Pretty good start, imo.

King Juan Carlos is not the godfather of Prince Albert. His grandmother Queen Victoria Eugenie was Alberts godmother.
When was Juan Carlos in Monaco?

Well I don't know about anybody else, but I'm most curious to see how Charlene will style her hair for the wedding? I recall last year I suggested she would wear hair extensions, since her real hair is very fine & thin, whereas the former would add volume! :)

Anyhow, on that tangent, I finally gave in and saw the wonderful movie "Tangled" with my baby niece the other day (it was FABULOUS btw; highly recommend it)! And from there I got the following idea ~ Charlene should wear her lovely blonde hair loosely braided with flowers in it ~ like the following hairstyles:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hoKygKfSB...AAHUk/4Va1VD3OpUM/s1600/2010_tangled_0032.jpg

http://eurasia-sports.net/_src/sc3709/09-gpf-l010.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dtgasn5V6fTX/610x.jpg

YouTube - Ashley Wagner 2010 US Nationals LP NBC

YouTube - Ekaterina Gordeeva / Giselle - The Art of Russian

I think any of the above would like so romantic and exquisite on her...ahhh....:heart1:

King Juan Carlos is not the godfather of Prince Albert. His grandmother Queen Victoria Eugenie was Alberts godmother.
When was Juan Carlos in Monaco?

According to the issue of Tatler that featured Charlene on the cover a few months ago, Juan Carlos is indeed PA's godfather.He was in Monaco to personally lunch with and meet CW for precisely that reason, at the time of the interview late last year.

They dined at Roc Agel...in the kitchen no less.

And yes, I realize that Victoria-Eugenie was his godmother, but it is customary to have both a godfather and a godmother at Catholic baptisms.

One does not preclude the other.

Last edited:
:previous:

As far as I know King Juan Carlos has not been Prince Albert's godfather, it's
been Prince Louis de Polignac.

That makes a lot more sense, Iceflower.

Wikipedia: PA's godmother was Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain.

How reliable a publication is Tatler, then? Because they definitely called JC PA's godfather!

OMGosh, after being overcome with wonderful emotion at seeing Charlene's dress at William & Kate's pre-wedding dinner tonight (click here: *TITLE_DESCR_PRE_CAT_* charlene*TITLE_DESCR_POST_CAT_*), I'm now completely in exquisite shock to imagine what she her wedding dress will look like!?! :heart1:

If it's even a fraction of what the aforementioned dress resembles, it will leave me completely and utterly spellbound.

Here's looking forward to her blowing me away again with her style. After this I don't know what to expect, but I do hope to be shocked senseless again. :flowers:

:princess3: :monacoflag:BRAVO, CHARLENE, FUTURE FIRST LADY OF MONACO & PRINCESS OF THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI!:queen3: :monacoflag:

Wow. CW is really setting the style bar pretty high isn't she? :flowers:

I can't wait to see her wedding gown...anything other than a knockout is going to be very disappointing!

Thank goodness PA didn't wear that awful white dinner jacket that he wore last summer to CP Victoria's wedding!:eek:

The evening gown was a bit too much "frou frou", I think.

And what was she doing waving the Union flag around ??

After today's Royal Wedding and the youthful Happy Couple, Monaco will have to come up with a lot more....

I thought Charlene looked spectacular at both the dinner last night and at the wedding today. She certainly beat out of the women in attendance in the fashon stakes. Thank God she hasn't taken on those weird "facinators" so many British women seem to wear to ill affect.

Looking forward to what she will wear at her own wedding events, but wishing Albert would not wear a white uniform even if it is summer.

Stylish and stunning. Elegant, what can one say.

Stylish - maybe. Elegant - possibly.

But no one arrives late at Buck House (Buckingham Palace).

I thought her whole "presence" today was beautiful and gracious. I hadn't seen her "live" before, and I was interested in what kind of impression she'd make on me. I thought that she did very well, very regal.:flowers:

Stylish and stunning. Elegant, what can one say.

Please remember that this is a thread for wedding suggestions and musings,
so let us please stay on topic of this thread! Further off-topic posts will be
deleted without notice!

July cannot come soon enough, Monaco is just what I need after today.

And what was she doing waving the Union flag around ??

I read somewhere that flags were handed out to the guests at Friday night's reception at the Mandarin Hotel (and for some reason I think it was mentioned bowler hats were passed out too....) There was a picture of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie with flags as well if memory serves me correct. Hopefully we'll see lots of red & white during Albert & Charlene's celebrations to celebrate Monaco as well.

Last edited:
after seeing William's and Kate's wedding, im getting excited again for A&C wedding. cant wait and i still think this wedding will be grand and glamorous and of course with more foreign royals coverage!!! (still expected from the sovereign prince)
but too bad that W&K will be on a royal tour in canada at the time of A&C wedding, i wished i could see them there.

anyway, i have a question here, charlene is supposed to wear a tiara on her big day, can someone here opens a thread for Charlene's possible monaco tiaras? i dont know all of monaco tiara available. please moderators what you think? its up to you, thank you!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom