Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The world seems to have gone the way of all flesh, i.e. the moral standards of any era have always been a source of tension.
The Greek and Roman civilisations had the same problems, and their philosophers and politicians have always tried to have a moan about "the young people" - the same way we do it now :)
Nothing changes...

God's laws don't change, only people do.

If C-P brings her to the wedding, we will be able to see better what stuff she is made of. If he is serious about her she will need more exposure, so he should bring her.

If C-P brings her to the wedding, we will be able to see better what stuff she is made of. If he is serious about her she will need more exposure, so he should bring her.

It's simply not the done thing to take along one's girlfriend to an official event. It wouldn't happen in Sweden, let alone a foreign Princely wedding.

Fiancee? Now that's a different story but not someone you are merely dating.

Last edited:
Yep, Monaco would be the perfect place to do just that, they've always been known for their "openly" flagrant ways. But hey at least they're honest about it unlike some other monarchies. :D

And the beat goes on... :lol:

C-P doesn't have to take her to the wedding, but she could accompany him to Monaco. What's the big deal? Charlene accompanied Albert to his sister's wedding before their engagement was announced.

Last edited:
C-P doesn't have to take her to the wedding, but she could accompany him to Monaco. What's the big deal?

Then what's the point of her going if she wouldnt accompany him to the wedding? That all but defeats the purpose of 'seeing what she's made of' as you suggested.

All you would see is a tag along with no real reason for having accompanied her boyfriend other than to work on a tan, if that's the case.

Even so, Prince Daniel never accompanied Victoria before their engagement, and neither should anyone her brother wishes to date.

If it's good enough for the future Queen of Sweden, then it's good enough for her siblings.

Last edited:
KittyAtlanta, I will use your words that you used in regards to Caroline's supposed "dating" ~ some class is called for here.

By the way, when I read that I couldn't stop laughing because it was soooo true. :lol:

Why so scared that she needs to accompany Prince Carl Phillip to Monaco, because honestly that's the way it comes across to me. So insecure she has to accompany her boyfriend of less than 2 years to Monaco? :confused:

Why the need to change things? Just for change itself? By the way, these are rhetorical questions, not directed at you, KittyAtlanta. :) Just to be clear. Rather, it is me thinking out loud, as regards the monarchy in the world in general. Change can be good, but it can also be bad, depends on the motivation behind it...

I read somewhere that president Zuma , president of South Africa, is invited because Charlene Wittstock is native of South Africa. Mr Zuma is polygam, he has 8 wifes, I hope he will not bring them all together!

Lol, well if that's the way it is done in his country, culture, religion, then I can't fault the man, he's living the way he was raised to do so. :D

Bring all 8 wives, if he leaves one(s) home, the others may get jealous. :lol:

HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND, EVERYONE, ENJOY!!!! :flowers:

C-P doesn't have to take her to the wedding, but she could accompany him to Monaco. What's the big deal? Charlene accompanied Albert to his sister's wedding before their engagement was announced.

I think that was only because Albert knew that the announcement of the engagement was imminent...and her contacted the Royal Court of Sweden in advance to let them know that, I read in Paris Match.

I don't think that is true in the case of C-P...at least I hope not.:sad:

I think that if CP would ask to Prince Albert and Charlene if he could be accompagnied by his girlfriend, the couple would say yes, but I think King Carl Gustav and queen Sonia would not be agreed. Does the prince attend the wedding of William and Kate?

Melina, you've made me laugh !!

The poor man .... having to clothe, feed, and otherwise look after, EIGHT women ..... it serves him right *lol*

Zuma played it safe when visiting the UK and at least officially only brought 1 of his wives to the state dinner. Maybe he has them on a rotation schedule for events such as this, lol.

*lolol* - thanks for that thought :))

Anyway, I've just subscribed to Monaco Matin's Facebook page because it will come in handy for the wedding coverage:

Monaco-Matin | Facebook

Monaco-Matin is one of the local papers of Nice-Matin.

Is there any truth to Charlene getting her own anthem?

According to other websites and the French newspaper, Nice-Matin, (sorry no link yet) Charlene Wittstock, will soon have her own anthem. :bang: The musical piece is said to have been composed by Jean-Christophe Aurnague the, “…organist of the Church of the Sacred Heart.”

I have never heard of a Consort getting their own musical theme. Not even HSH Albert has HIS own anthem, but he does reprensent himself with the anthem of the "principauté" . Why would she have her own when other members of the family have don't? Not even Grace of Monaco - Is this normal? :ohmy:

Can someone elude me to why? And please don't give me "why not"

I remember when Sophie married Edward that there was a fanfare written for the occasion - I seem to remember it was called 'Fanfare for Sophie' or something similar. One of the other members who are more of an expert on the British royals can probably help fill in the blanks.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a fanfare or similar written for Charlene to be played on the wedding day.

The whole point of a Fanfare is that it does not only get played on the day of the wedding, but thereafter on important anniversaries, e.g. birthday, "name day", birth of first child etc.

That's why QE2 has a "Master of the Queen's Music"....

There is a "Fanfare for the Common Man" by Aaron Copeland, and many more...
Fanfare for the Common Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I want to know is which Olympians will show up!?! Seriously, I'm an aficionado of the Olympics, and can't wait to see whom was privileged enough to receive an invite. :) And I'm hoping to see not just swimmers, but others from different sports.

This is going to be EXCITING! :cool:

I think that if CP would ask to Prince Albert and Charlene if he could be accompagnied by his girlfriend, the couple would say yes, but I think King Carl Gustav and queen Sonia would not be agreed. Does the prince attend the wedding of William and Kate?
I think that Carl Philip and Madeleine will be made a couple there. :whistling:

Many tennis players and Formula 1 drivers live in Monaco so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them. Also some rock stars: Ringo Starr, Shirley Bassey, Tina Turner, Chuck Berry. Actors: Roger Moore. Actors' kids for sure: PA is good friends with Gregory Peck's kids, Jennifer (Cary) Grant, the Rosselinis (Ingrid Bergman), David Niven"S sons. And I can't see Karl Lagerfeld not being there.

According to other websites and the French newspaper, Nice-Matin, (sorry no link yet) Charlene Wittstock, will soon have her own anthem. :bang: The musical piece is said to have been composed by Jean-Christophe Aurnague the, “…organist of the Church of the Sacred Heart.”

I have never heard of a Consort getting their own musical theme. Not even HSH Albert has HIS own anthem, but he does reprensent himself with the anthem of the "principauté" . Why would she have her own when other members of the family have don't? Not even Grace of Monaco - Is this normal? :ohmy:

Can someone elude me to why? And please don't give me "why not"

Maybe it's just for the wedding, as sort of a wedding gift? Not necessarily going to play an anthem every time the new Princess makes an appearance?

The staff of the Prince Albert II Foundation are bound to be among the guests !!

Many tennis players and Formula 1 drivers live in Monaco so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them. Also some rock stars: Ringo Starr, Shirley Bassey, Tina Turner, Chuck Berry. Actors: Roger Moore. Actors' kids for sure: PA is good friends with Gregory Peck's kids, Jennifer (Cary) Grant, the Rosselinis (Ingrid Bergman), David Niven"S sons. And I can't see Karl Lagerfeld not being there.

Thank you, FanofMonaco, for another informative and interesting post. :)

Hmm, wasn't Princess Caroline dating one of the Rosselinis at one time? Some movie star's son I do recall, but can't remember which one. Anyhow, it will be nice to see some celebrities as well, likewise Olympians, sports stars, and of course Royals. :cool:

But I must confess, being a life-long figure skating fan, I would be overjoyed to see a figure skater there, be it Katarina Witt, Denise Biellmann, Lucinda Ruh, or even a current skater from the eligible ranks, not just professional. This is another reason why I'm over-the-moon about Princess Alexandra taking up skating as her sport of choice. :flowers:

You're thinking of Isabella Rossellini and Roberto Rossellini ?

Maybe she tried new hairdo with extensions as a trial for the wedding? Oh Lord have mercy on us, that she does not get the "Gone with the wind" dress and "Southern bell of the beginning of the century" updo? The went to Memphis and maybe she got inspired last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom