Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know WHERE DID the ladies meet these royals???:whistling:

Well, At Victorias wedding a lot of common ladies wore tiara you can see here. But she will be HSH after the civil service and since the ball is after the religious wedding I believe that she might, I honestly hope that she does! It would be nice if Caro leaves her 2 Monaco tiaras to Albert or his kids when she passes, but not sure about that. I would like to see a lot of royal glitter, Charlene can bring back the glitter to Monaco! I don't know if there will be a theme but that would be pretty cool actually, maybe a 19th century grand European court life ball, that would be fun!

You are always so kind in your thoughts and your posts, jonc93, I shall check out that link you posted. :)

In the meantime I've decided that "yes, it's perfectly okay for Charlotte and others like her to wear a tiara". And by that I mean Charlotte is the daughter of a genuine Princess in her own right, whom *chose* not to give her children by her first husband any titles, but nevertheless it does not take away the fact that they *are* children of a Princess. :)^)

And on that score I would love it if the late Princess Antoinette's lovely young granddaughter, Melanie de Massy, wore a tiara as well (hopefully her grandmother gifted her one). Here they are together with the other members of the Princely Family of Monaco at the 2007 Red Cross Ball: (FILE) Princess Antoinette Of Monaco Dies At 90 - Pictures - Zimbio

The entire family, including extended relatives, is so good-looking that ALL the ladies deserve to wear a tiara, especially on such a momentous occasion as this! Lol, I just hope they all have enough to go around. :D

Right now I'm watching "Marie Antoinette" starring Kirsten Dunst, which sets me in the mood. ;)

Btw, I honestly think only those with royal/princely blood running through their veins, going as far back to at least a grandparent, should wear a tiara at such a prestigious event. On anybody else it just wouldn't look right imho, and that includes celebrities. Oops, and little ones should be allowed to wear a tiara as much as they like, whether royal, princely, or not. :)

On a final note, I hope that the palace releases more information as the wedding draws nearer, just as they did the other day. Because I'm most interested to see whose on the guest list? will there be bridesmaids? bridegrooms? flower girls? tiaras worn at the ball? etc. etc. etc.

Cheers to the coming wedding of Prince Albert to Miss Charlene Wittstock! :flowers:

A tiara is a piece of jewelry. If you own one, you can wear it. What makes these other ladies more special?

I haven't been following this conversation however, I did see mention of Princess Graces jewels. Caroline inherited many and sold them to pay off Stefano's debts. Which ones I can't tell you I just recall reading about it.

Well, At Victorias wedding a lot of common ladies wore tiara you can see here. But she will be HSH after the civil service and since the ball is after the religious wedding I believe that she might, I honestly hope that she does! It would be nice if Caro leaves her 2 Monaco tiaras to Albert or his kids when she passes, but not sure about that. I would like to see a lot of royal glitter, Charlene can bring back the glitter to Monaco! I don't know if there will be a theme but that would be pretty cool actually, maybe a 19th century grand European court life ball, that would be fun!

Gorgeous photos and tiaras...but which ones are commoners? All I see there are queens and princesses.

A 19th century grand ball would make me deliriously happy! :flowers:

I read yesterday that the crown prince Willem of niederland and his wife will come to the wedding on july the 2th, the princely cown prince of Norway Haakon and Mett Marit will also come. I think there will be more crown princes who will attend to this wedding than the english royal wedding where there will be kings and queens but there will be more royals than at the enthronement where there were only the crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Edward of England and his wife and Joachim of Denmark.

I expect a big Royal turnout for both William/Kate and Albert/Charlene.

But I will be surprised if either of these two weddings top Princess Victoria of Sweden's.

That was a truly grand Royal wedding. :whistling:

Gorgeous photos and tiaras...but which ones are commoners? All I see there are queens and princesses.

A 19th century grand ball would make me deliriously happy! :flowers:

Post 23 and 44 have pictures of non royal ladies with tiaras!

So who's going to be watching this live and all the festivites? I'm and looking forward is it'll be my 2nd live wedding (victorias the 1st and I cant watch Kate & wills live).

Moonmaiden I doubt there will be any wedding that can top that, although the press will say Catherine and Williams was the grandest since Diana's we know that its not true, victorias had lots of glitter and a lot more royals then Kate and Wills it seems..

The two future weddings will be very beautiful to watch but we cannot compare these weddings with the Princess Victoria's wedding, we could see the pre concert on the friday on the internet because ,it was not boardcasted on our french tv, we could see the religious service, the procession, the dinner the speeches and the waltz of the brides. In the monarchies of the north of Europa, we can follow all the fests with the speeches of the dinner and the first waltz. For the english royal weddings, we can watch only the arrival of the bride, the service, the procession , all the royal family on the balcony and the departure of the brides for the honeymoon. For the other royal families, it was the same. For the wedding of Monaco the two weddings will be boardcasted also the cocktails with people of monaco the concert, the religious wedding and the procession to the sainte Devote but I do not know if we would watch the dinner and the ball. But just untill now, On all the weddings, I had seen for many years ago, the wedding of Princess Victoria and the wedding of crown prince Frederic of Denmark were very beautiful. But the most beautiful, I saw was the wedding of Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly. I was 8 years old and it was a beautiful event for me

I'm of a mind that the best tiara for Ms. Charlene would be the Fringe. She could definitely carry it off. Personally, I don't think she will wear a tiara, unless Albert gives her a new one. Also, she will be cognisant of her height on the day. I simply CANNOT wait to see her gown.

Post 23 and 44 have pictures of non royal ladies with tiaras!

So who's going to be watching this live and all the festivites? I'm and looking forward is it'll be my 2nd live wedding (victorias the 1st and I cant watch Kate & wills live).

Moonmaiden I doubt there will be any wedding that can top that, although the press will say Catherine and Williams was the grandest since Diana's we know that its not true, victorias had lots of glitter and a lot more royals then Kate and Wills it seems..

Well...the British magazine "HELLO" has already gone on record as saying the William/Kate wedding will be the "first truly Royal Wedding of the new millenium".:bang:

I have no idea what they are basing that on...was Felipe of Spain not a Royal? Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands?

Maybe they are speaking about it in terms of interest around the world. I agree that William's will get more coverage, but I can't see anything topping Victoria's in terms of grandeur, beauty and romance, and Royalty attendance.

Not for a very long time!

Last edited:
It seems that most of the world, is oblivious to monarchies other than the British one, In the us if you ask how many monarchys in there in the world today, even to educated history teachers there response is always: one. Quite frustrating! I think each wedding is nice, but to say it's the most royal of the new millennium is pure ignorance! :bang::bang:

Hello is a British Magazine, with all the prejudice, included.

It's not actually a British magazine, but a subsidiary of the Spanish HOLA magazine. They will print anything and then translate it into English - both British English and American English.

As to which monarchy is the "most royal", I think that's irrelevant. Most royals or princes have both fans and detractors, inside and outside their countries.

I think the two weddings will be very beautiful but the magazins like to compare for the earning more money in selling more magazines. It was the same thing with the two weddings in may 2004, it was the wedding of Prince Fredirec of Denmark and the wedding of Prince Philip of Spain. The two events were very beautiful but some magazines said there was less emotion at the wedding of Prince Philip than at the wedding of Prince Frederic.For me it was not the true

In terms of comparing these weddings, I think it would be safe to draw possible parallelisms between royal events in England and Monaco.

My example would be the funerals of the Queen Mother and that of Prince Rainier. Surely, the late queen had more pomp, drew bigger crowds, had more media coverage (it didn't help that Rainier's funeral was days after the Pope's) and was certainly supremely Royal. Prince Rainier's funeral despite the smaller scale was definitely very solemn, dignified, and just as significant. In England, you have the Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and these other enormous historical venues as scenery while Monaco provides sunshine, the Mediterranean aura, the Medieval flavor of the Princely Palace and the small town on the rock.

So anything Royal in England will definitely be many scales larger than what they can perform in Monaco especially when viewed by the general public. But the air of dignity, beauty and "regalness" would be similar.

I tend not to compare one against the other. I like to focus on each event as it happens.

I would like to know WHERE DID the ladies meet these royals???:whistling:

I can't remember which, I think Mary, met her prince when she was his waitress. Hope others can give you more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's too early to say that anything can top with Victoria's wedding in terms of grandeur, beauty and romance. Maybe of Royalty attendance it'will probably be true. But both the english and the monegasque weddings will have a great number of heads of state and it was not the case for Victoria's except the Finland and another Scandinavian country which I forgot the name. There will be 40 (or 50) Heads of state at William's and a number (?) at Albert's. There will be for both of them a great number of celebrities, there were none at Victoria's (I think), the grandeur, beauty and romance will be present for William and Albert too. The Abbaye of Westminster and the courtyard of the Palace of Monaco are both in their own way beautiful places. I dont think the Catheral of Stockholm is unforgetable and quite honestly cant rival with the Abbaye of Westiminster. Both ladies - Kate and Charlene - will be resplendiscent, but like we know nothing about their dresses, jewels, tiara, bouquet of flowers, and emotion they display on their day, I think it's for the moment unfair to judge the wedding of Victoria much more grand, beautiful and with more romance. Let's wait for this judment.

Mtatum, your post is totally right and well thought.

I've been reading that after the wedding ceremony Charlene has to leave her bouquet behind...is that a tradition? Usually the bride tosses it in the air for single ladies to catch but this happens after the reception around the time when the wedding is wrapping up.

I think she has to leave her bouquet in the St Devote church, i read it here (i think)

No in the south of France and in Monaco also, the bride uses to offer her flowersbranch to the patron of the town Sainte Devote for Monaco or she offers her bouquet to the virgin in the cathedral .I offered my bouquet at the Virgin when I married. In the other parts of France the bride keeps her bouquet at home . The bride does not tosses it in air for singles ladies, I think it is in USA she makes this.

CrownPrincess5 said:
I've been reading that after the wedding ceremony Charlene has to leave her bouquet behind...is that a tradition? Usually the bride tosses it in the air for single ladies to catch but this happens after the reception around the time when the wedding is wrapping up.

In Spain Letitiza left it on church steps per tradition and in England I believe Diana, the Queen, and Kate (will take) took it and placed at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider....many traditions in many countries :)

Letizia also offered it to the Patron saint, but not of the town, but of the Royal family. I think Diana didn't send it to the tomb of the unknown soldier because she didn't marry int eh Abbey, but I may be wrong. I'm sure Kate will send hers there. In Catholic Weddings the bride will offer a bouquet to the Patron Saint or the virgin, and sometimes have a 2nd bouquet to walk out of the church with.

jonc93 said:
Letizia also offered it to the Patron saint, but not of the town, but of the Royal family. I think Diana didn't send it to the tomb of the unknown soldier because she didn't marry int eh Abbey, but I may be wrong. I'm sure Kate will send hers there. In Catholic Weddings the bride will offer a bouquet to the Patron Saint or the virgin, and sometimes have a 2nd bouquet to walk out of the church with.

Ah thank you for the right info :)

Oh, just reading it gives me happy shivers! :whistling::flowers:

Fireworks, balcony appearances, corteges along the boulevards of the Principality...I CAN'T WAIT FOR
THIS WEDDING!!

I read that there will be giant screens to all along the route recording the entire thing, but I hope I will be able to watch live from my computer!

All the ceremonies civil and religious, the balcony on friday july the 1th and the cocktail of the natives monegash people, the religious wedding the cortege to Sainte devote will be boardcasted by many tv, german italy, spain and so, I don not know if the tv of usa will boardcast but you could watch all also the concert of Jean Michel Jarre and the big firework on the site 'Monaco info on line' . I know that the Tv of USA will boardcast the wedding of prince William and Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom