Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're both interesting, but I'm more in tune with Albert and Charlene as it is rare I get a glimpse of Monaco. Being American myself, I feel a certain kinship with Albert through his mother. I am under no delusion, though, that my life and his life have anything in common, other than we both have to work (me to earn wages, him to maintain goodwill around the world).

We have had plenty of BRF weddings, but Monaco is another story. To me Albert and Charlene are exciting.

I agree with you, I will watch the both weeddings, but my native town is near Monaco(Eze) and my mother lives yet there, she has a house which is 20mn from Fontviel far, for 1 and 2 july, the house will be full of nieces, children.They want to go to the concert, if there was like in july 2005.It is why I like a lot the monaco princely family.I also have not the same life,and not the same money but we can dream
There are same news on the weedding on the site:the riviera times on line and you click on the monaco times and there is a question:who would be invited?

Charlene does not inspire you, it is your opinion, but now, all the french newspapers speak on her and the future weedding,Point de Vue, Match, Royals, Gotha, Celebrity, the news on line, purepeople, zimbia, actustars, orange,news elle,and so, there were already two reports on the two weeddings, on the antenne 2 channel the one channel.They speak generally about the two weeddings,but do not say that the weedding of Monaco do not interesse anybody in France.In french forum many people say that they want to watch the weedding of Monaco and there is long time to wait, there are people' but they are not many )who are more interest by the weedding of William .American forums are not interrest by Albert and Charlene, Albert, american or not, american forums are always interssest by the english royals, it is a fact, my E mail is full of news of the weedding of Charlene and Albert that Google and Yahoo send me all the day.But there is a dicton in france you know(il n'y a pas pire aveugle que celui qui ne veut pas voir).I prefer the weedding of Albert and Charlene, the english weeddinf doen-t interest me, we saw so many english royals weeddings we know what will happen ( carriage, office and so) and I will stay on french forums because they are more tolerant.

Melina premiere, it is natural. French newspapers can earn a lot of money with this wedding.They advertise this show. It is a great business to publish interviews, photos, or some information about the wedding. French channel ( I don't know which) got the rights last month to broadcast the civil and religious cerenomies in July. Monaco is bordered by France. It is clear that French media is more interested in this wedding than American press and newspapers. In the American news this event will be mentioned on the 2nd July. Prince Albert II of Monaco married his long- time girlfriend Charlene Wittstock" However I doubt that the press will pay a lot of attention to principal love couple. This country has it's own celebrietes, politians and sport athletes with whom the newspaper deal.
I don't want to quarrel with anybody but I also think a lot of people, journalists and guests favour Prince William and Kate Middleton wedding. They are younger couple, they look sweet and comfortable in the engagement photos, and if somebody say that their love is blossoming maybe I can believe. I also mean the press in the whole world will praise and deal a lot with this event. PA and CW will have their own wedding but it will be something different than Prince Willam's wedding. These two engagement have different backrounds, reasons and love story.

Last edited:
I agree with you, I will watch the both weeddings, but my native town is near Monaco(Eze) and my mother lives yet there, she has a house which is 20mn from Fontviel far, for 1 and 2 july, the house will be full of nieces, children.They want to go to the concert, if there was like in july 2005.It is why I like a lot the monaco princely family.I also have not the same life,and not the same money but we can dream
There are same news on the weedding on the site:the riviera times on line and you click on the monaco times and there is a question:who would be invited?
Melina you are lucky. It would be a mistake if you don't visit Monaco and watch this event. It will have a special athmosphere and you can smell it in the air.
Who would be invited?
We can also make a list.
First of all relatives and close friends of PA and CW.
After the monarchs, influental politians.
French president and first lady, prime minister, ambassadors .
The members of European royal families,wealthy businessmen , the fashion designers,Giorgo Armani...etc.
Melina do you now which French channel will broadcast the wedding?

I really think its unnecessary to compare and measure the royal weddings of 2011.

I think each will be different and reflect the couple (and the countries) customs, heirtage and personalities.

For me, I am not that excited about either one (although I tend to have a greater general interest in the BRF) but I wasn't that excited about the Swedish either until a week or so before the wedding. Than I couldn't get enough of it, stayed in the thread all day for updates, and went out purchased magazines just so I could have pictures.

My point: interest in the respective weddings will increase as the actual day gets closer.

Last edited:
Zonk I totally agree as I agree with Timea83. No need to get angry, after all these two stories are just hapiness and let's be happy for both coupe.

Melina, interest in Monaco has been picking up in the US in the last year. Still not as much as the British royals but slowly increasing. Charlotte will be in next week's issue of People magazine and she has been mentioned in Forbes (business) magazine serveral times in the last few years. The last time was for her Gucci endorsement. Also articles were in the NY Times and Wall St Journal about her. Have seen a couple of short articles in People about PA and Charlene and in the local paper when they got engaged. I have always felt that Monaco pulled away from the American press and not vice versa. I think having to deal with both the American paparazzi and Europe's was too overwhelming for their little country. They switched to going directly to their target markets eg. New York and Los Angeles to attract visitors. You can see them doing the same thing now with London and Rio. Their target market is wealthy people, not the masses. With the poor economy world-wide they are again starting to increase their American profile. England is more reliant on the mass tourist market. Both families seem to be very good at selling their countries. Not so the other royal families.

Tf1,antenne 2 and tmc will broardcast the weedding of Monaco.The rights are free
Have you read "the monaco times"? they speak about 1500 reporters who will ask the appointements at the beginning of further month.
I speak about the title:The nervous wait begins:so who's invited?They speak about the people who want to be invited among the 4000 people on the place in front of the Palace.
Monaco is a tiny principality and we cannot compare with the Uk.But as I say always wait and see,perhaps will we have surprise?After the british weedding,some people will want to watch an another princely weedding.It will be an another atmosphere.Sunny day(I think like Prince Albert, it is always sunny in july), another office. I will watch the both but I will prefer one, but I will be pleased to see the happyness of two couple.It was the same thingh in 2004, there were two weeddings, one was in Copenhage and the other at Madrid.

There has been almost no press on Albert and Charlene in the US and most notably none in Philadelphia. On the other hand there are articles almost daily on Kate Middleton and Prince William. As for press on the rest of the Grimaldis, the trio are often photographed and photographers just love them - especially Charlotte and Pierre and his girlfriend Bea. If they were to travel more to the US and people here would get to know them better, there would be lots more press on them.

Tf1,antenne 2 and tmc will broardcast the weedding of Monaco.The rights are free
Have you read "the monaco times"? they speak about 1500 reporters who will ask the appointements at the beginning of further month.
I speak about the title:The nervous wait begins:so who's invited?They speak about the people who want to be invited among the 4000 people on the place in front of the Palace.
Monaco is a tiny principality and we cannot compare with the Uk.But as I say always wait and see,perhaps will we have surprise?After the british weedding,some people will want to watch an another princely weedding.It will be an another atmosphere.Sunny day(I think like Prince Albert, it is always sunny in july), another office. I will watch the both but I will prefer one, but I will be pleased to see the happyness of two couple.It was the same thingh in 2004, there were two weeddings, one was in Copenhage and the other at Madrid.
Thanks Melina!
No, unfortanately I haven't read "the monaco times". As the wedding is getting closer I am sure we will know a couple of names from their list. However we can mention some names who will participate this event.
Yes , you have right. 2004 was a very special year. Two royal weddings followed each other. Princess Mary and Prince Frederick married on 14th May ;Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe married on 22nd May. They were huge events.

Albert and Charlene will be in my area in less than a month and there hasn't been anything in our local paper about him since 2009. Not even a mention about the engagement. There is very little interest in them and they don't mention when he is or has been in town.

My mother told me over the weekend that he would be in Ft. Myers/Naples the first week of March. She's going to try to see him.

What matter do the american newspapers talk not about Prince Albert? Nothing, they talk a lot about prince William and Kate,well it is fine.
Why some come on this board which speaks about The weedding of Prince Albert to say," we prefer the weedding of prince William, it is more important and so"? stay on the british board which talks about the weedding of Prince William and ignore us. I do not really understand you

What matter do the american newspapers talk not about Prince Albert? Nothing, they talk a lot about prince William and Kate,well it is fine.
Why some come on this board which speaks about The weedding of Prince Albert to say," we prefer the weedding of prince William, it is more important and so"? stay on the british board which talks about the weedding of Prince William and ignore us. I do not really understand you

I am from Philadelphia where Princess Grace was born and raised. My point was that I find it odd that there is nothing on Albert or the wedding in the Philadelphia press, but there is always a mention of William and Kate. Even after Grace's death there would be occasional mention of the Kelly family. Now there is not even a word from the Kelly family on how happy they are for their cousin. I realize English is not your first language so perhaps you are missing something in the translation. As you are providing information from Monaco, I am providing information from Grace's hometown Philadelphia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you want that the kelly family say that they are happy for their cousin?, they are discret and that is all

Why would you want that the kelly family say that they are happy for their cousin?, they are discret and that is all

Melina, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. I've been in business meetings with one of the cousins and s/he doesn't hesitate to mention "my cousin" during the course of the conversation. In addition, I know someone who has accompanies Chris LeVine and "the cousin" on several of the trips to the Kentucky Derby .... trust me ... there has been not a mention of "my cousin" recently. That's very telling to those of us in Philadelphia.

They do not speak, but the famous cousin you talk about, is on the photo for the last national fest of Monaco, he is behind Charlene Wittstock getting out of the appartement of the palace before the giving medals ceremony and he is on the photo behind Prince Albert in the loge at the Grimaldi Forum on the evening gala of the fest. And at last ,before Christmas, Prince Albert gave an interview on the riviera radio where he said that on April, he will have an official trip in Ireland, and then he will go to his ancester village and he hope to be joined by Charlene and his cousins of USA for this beautiful meeting.that is very telling to you now.

Americans by and large do not give much of a thought to a royal wedding, no matter who it is. They see England as a show. Las Vegas style. Other than that. There is no interest.

They do not speak, but the famous cousin you talk about, is on the photo for the last national fest of Monaco, he is behind Charlene Wittstock getting out of the appartement of the palace before the giving medals ceremony and he is on the photo behind Prince Albert in the loge at the Grimaldi Forum on the evening gala of the fest. And at last ,before Christmas, Prince Albert gave an interview on the riviera radio where he said that on April, he will have an official trip in Ireland, and then he will go to his ancester village and he hope to be joined by Charlene and his cousins of USA for this beautiful meeting.that is very telling to you now.

Melina, could you please post the pictures of which you speak. I remember only Albert's Monagasque cousins -- Elizabeth deMassey and her children -- attending recent events.

It possible that Chris LeVine was there. He usually attends when he can. What is unusual as suztav pointed out, is the deafening silence from them in the Philly papers. I was expecting a comment to the press about how happy they are for him because, as suztav pointed out, they ALWAYS comment. When there is nothing, it speaks volumes even if he was in attendance as usual for National Day. He sits on the Board of the Princess Grace Foundation and meets with Albert several times a year. I have heard that Grace's cousin John Lehman was none to thrilled at the news, but then I can't give a source for this so you will have to take it for what it's worth.

Chris LeVine did attend I saw the photos. I thought I had posted them on this board but apparently didn't since I didn't find it.

Last edited:
the cousin is Chris Levine who is very closed to prince Albert and the family. See the Getty images, you will see,

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's move on.

Speculation about the motives of those who disapprove about the engagement is just that specualtion.

Also, interest and comparisons in the two royal weddings is subjective.

there are pictures on two silver medals with the date of the weedding 2 juillet 2011 and the names Albert Grimaldi and Charlene Wittstock, they are on profimedia site

there are pictures on two silver medals with the date of the weedding 2 juillet 2011 and the names Albert Grimaldi and Charlene Wittstock, they are on profimedia site
It's cute but I can't find them. Can you post a link please?:flowers:

Albert and Charlene will be in my area in less than a month and there hasn't been anything in our local paper about him since 2009. Not even a mention about the engagement. There is very little interest in them and they don't mention when he is or has been in town.
The same here.

There is an article and photo:about atmosphere in the principality
Monte Carlo Daily Photo:Royal Weedding:clean up at the palace

I am glad some of you guys are glad about the wedding. Most of the persons in America and caribbean do not even talk about Albert and Charlene. Some do not know who they are, but there is always reference about William and Kate's wedding on American Television and the engagement was also announced on Bahamian television. Hardly anything about Albert's wedding.

Hardly anyone in the USA can tell you who Prince Albert is. People know where Monaco is. Everyone remembers his lovely mother, but after she passed, the USA women's magazines and tabloids lost interest in Monaco. There will be some news about his wedding, but not much. If they have their wedding streaming live on the internet as Crown Princess Victoria did, there will be many more viewers in the USA. Otherwise, we will have to hunt and look for coverage on various cable-TV programs. It will be difficult to find it think. I hope Monaco uses the internet to broadcast the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom