Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I read a sentence in a novel, trying to translate it here: "....despite your bourgeois origin, you are a noble human being, as there are also plebejans amongst the nobles...."
Do you think this is true?

Speaking for me & my family, Prince Albert's wedding to Charlene Wittstock takes precedence over William & Kate's because foremost Albert is a reigning monarch, whereas William is an heir to an heir. I seriously doubt reigning monarchs will attend William & Kate's wedding, rather they will send their second or third best imho, or the younger generation. Totally different from when his father married his mother. Prince Charles was & is first in line to the throne. Huge difference.

But to tell the truth neither wedding is as special as when Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer. Those good old days are gone, replaced by marrying commoners, nobody but Prince Phillip carries actual royal blood anymore (he's more Royal than all of them put together, including his wife). At least Diana was from thee aristocracy. And, yes, it makes a huge difference to me, and my family.

One day soon what little royal blood remains will be totally wiped out, and when that day comes I am totally for seeing the very last of the monarchy being completely eradicated. What made them special will be no more. It will be a sad day, but justified imho. They are the creators of their own doom.

For now, I will pop in to see Albert marry Charlene, and William marry Kate, but neither wedding is as special as when royals married royals. Jmho, of course.

One day soon what little royal blood remains will be totally wiped out, and when that day comes I am totally for seeing the very last of the monarchy being completely eradicated. What made them special will be no more. It will be a sad day, but justified imho. They are the creators of their own doom.

What exactly makes them special?
It was about time they stopped marrying among themselves. It is elitist and out-of-date. For me they have nothing special at all. What´s more, I find some of them quite pitiful. There is not such a thing like "blue blood".

Royals just marrying royals is genetically stupid. It is much smarter to marry the right person for the job. Grace Kelly was an excellent choice and her father began as a brick layer. Prince Ernst is an example of too much inbreeding.

I heard that Albert was really angry about the engagement of William and Catherine.
In one TV show this morning a society lady said this. And I believe her.

I heard that Albert was really angry about the engagement of William and Catherine.

That's great that you believe her...but where did she say this? Who is she? Does she have any credibliity?

I have serious inhibitions about believing such a story.
Truth is that the Brits have trounced on the PA's day- but then it is up to each to decide which wedding to go to-

It was Sybilla Weischenberger.
She felt pity for them, because William and Kate stole their thunder.
But he is too late. And I think that, too.
He is 50 years old. And a younger and attractive couple like K & W are more interesting for people, plus William is the heir (- heir) of the British throne.

It was Sybilla Weischenberger.
She felt pity for them, because William and Kate stole their thunder.
But he is too late. And I think that, too.
He is 50 years old. And a younger and attractive couple like K & W are more interesting for people, plus William is the heir (- heir) of the British throne.

Since I'm in the US, the coverage of Prince Albert and Charlene has waned, but a while ago. Around the world, the most coverage is always on the British royal family, so why this is a surprise is silly. IF - since we're not sure this reporter is just expressing her own opinion, or if either actually expressed being upset, but IF they are upset about being knocked off the front page regarding their engagement, that's bound to happen - can you imagine if Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie announced their engagement?! Do you really think they wouldn't knock Wils and Cate off the front page for a time while the press catches up with them about their plans!?

Angry? Wow.
Well, maybe he didn't like it very much, but angry?
I can understand him, Kate and William stole the show, now everybody is going to pay attention to them. Monaco's wedding, seen from that perspective, is little. They didn't even have a photo call/press conference. And Albert's wedding was more for attract media attention...

I am sorry but so far I see no legitimate proof that Albert is angry that William and Kate stole his thunder. Disapointed maybe but angry.

And for the record, if this Syblla is someone (cause I don't know who she is) and if she was the "in crowd" after reporting this...I dont think that will remain the case.

What exactly makes them special?
It was about time they stopped marrying among themselves. It is elitist and out-of-date. For me they have nothing special at all. What´s more, I find some of them quite pitiful. There is not such a thing like "blue blood".

Elitist and out of date? What is your purpose for coming to this forum?

I sometimes have mixed feelings about the aristocracy, but one thing's for sure:

They do give us a lot of enjoyment, glitz, and much more. We can participate in their joys and woes which are displayed right in front of us.

Let's cut them some slack.

Of course I intend to watch the British wedding, but I am far, FAR more interested in the Monagasque one.

I just find the Grimaldis more glamorous, interesting and elegant than the Windsors as a whole.

And I love the idea of two big weddings in one year....as long as it is not on the same day! :ohmy:

I think (and hope) that the two couples have enough common sense not to upstage each other !!

As to which wedding should have more precedence .... well, it depends.

PA's wedding still has in its favour the "Grace Kelly effect", the Mediterranean ambiance, and - last not least - Catholicism which can be relied on to put on a really first class "show".
However, relatively few countries in the world would know much about Monaco, and the wedding would be broadcast in some countries, but not all.

PW's wedding, on the other hand, will be broadcast all over the world (with the exception of countries like North Corea or Yemen). Add to that the Princess Diana Effect, and the fact that Britain still has its worldwide Club, the Commonwealth.

There is also the probable comparison between the wedding of an ageing bachelor and a 28-year old RAF fighter pilot.

The public prefers young people to old. That's why most Hollywood stars are finished by age forty. PA may not be glamorous but Americans do remember PC. She got coverage in the news here when she separated from PE. I also think the world media would love the Casiraghis if they were allowed to interview and photograph them. If PA wants world coverage he (or PC) will have to allow world coverage of the whole family. I think Charlene will be okay but she still has alot to learn. There is also the possibility that PA doesn't want alot of publicity outside of Europe. It will be interesting to see how things play out for both couples.

I´ve read that the wedding will take place in a place and not chucrh, this is true?

The wedding will take place in the palace Courtyard, most likely with the Archbishop celebrating the Nuptial Mass there.

The precedent for this is Princess Caroline's wedding to Philippe Junot in June 1978.

The wedding will take place in the palace Courtyard, most likely with the Archbishop celebrating the Nuptial Mass there.

The precedent for this is Princess Caroline's wedding to Philippe Junot in June 1978.
According to the interview that Albert gave to Le Figaro the wedding will take place at "la place du Palais", it is the Palace Square not courtyard. The difference is that courtyard is inside the palace building and square is on the front of palace, the place that is always open for everybody like a street.

Caroline's wedding took place inside the palace, not at public square in front of the palace.

The weedding of prince Albert and Charlene will take place on the open place in front of the palace like weeddings in USA, in France it is not in our "coutumes" making weedding in open air. We will see how it is. In the interview, Prince Albert had friday with Claire Chazal on France Classique,Prince Albert said there was not enough places in the church, they had already a thousand hosts. The religious weedding will be on saturday july 2th and civil weedding the day before. He said also, there will be also concerts the days before. Stehane Bern said the weedding will be at 5h Pm.

If its in the palace square that means anyone can just go and start screaming and causing a ruckus during the ceremony. I'm not to to keen on this idea, it's better suited in the church or the courtyard. I love Albert & Charlene but I hope they don't wonder why so many royals consider them less royal, because they have their wedding and other events like celebrities, royal weddings should occur in a church with beautiful organ music and orchestras, it's just more regal.

According to the interview that Albert gave to Le Figaro the wedding will take place at "la place du Palais", it is the Palace Square not courtyard. The difference is that courtyard is inside the palace building and square is on the front of palace, the place that is always open for everybody like a street.

Caroline's wedding took place inside the palace, not at public square in front of the palace.

The civil ceremony took place inside the Palace Throne Room...the religious ceremony was outside, in the Courtyard with the lovely horseshoe staircase.

It was NOT indoors.

I personally would have preferred the Cathedral for CW and PA, but as long as it is a sacramental marriage blessed by the Church I don't think it is that big of a problem.

Last edited:
I can't blame PA/CW for wanting to take advantage of the July weather in order to enlarge the event in order to boost the income and publicity for it. It makes good business sense.
There's no point in squeezing a thousand or so people into a church when there is a ready made open space next to it.
I'm glad PA chose the pragmatic solution.

The civil ceremony took place inside the Palace Throne Room...the religious ceremony was outside, in the Courtyard with the lovely horseshoe staircase.

It was NOT indoors.

I personally would have preferred the Cathedral for CW and PA, but as long as it is a sacramental marriage blessed by the Church I don't think it is that big of a problem.

I would also have preferred the Cahtedral. perhaps if they have more guests then there are places in the Cathedral some guests could watch it ine one of the other Churches via TV-Screens. Wonder how they will do it with a balcony appearance after the Wedding because if the Wedding is on the Place before the palace there will most likely be chairs and benches so no space for the people to watch a balcony appearance.

I am a follower of the Monaco Royal Family rather than the English Royal Family...but it will be interesting as to who gets to the alter first:whistling: I wish both couples all the best for the future and may God bless them with much happiness and children;)

I prefer a weedding in the Cathedral because as I said it is not in our us a weedding in open air, but it is their weedding and they will make what they want.When there is the coronation of a new pape, it is in open air and that is a very beautiful ceremony with songs and musics.For the balcony, there are many balconies around the palace I saw them and theyare more wider than the small window where they were last friday The balcony must be large if they want to have their family around for the presentation.For the other royals, I don't know who will be but at the coronation of Prince Albert there were Princess Victoria,Prince Joachim of Denmark and Prince Edward of England.There will be more royals at this weedding than at the weedding of Albert's parents weedding bacause the other royal courts though that Grace Kelly was an actress and not a royal.I thing that we must wait other news instead saying what they will make for that and that, we will be able to coment this weedding on sunday 3 july the3

Well, Debrann, Wills and Kate have beaten PA and CW to the altar by a comfortable margin !! There's an additional Bank Holiday (special holiday) for everyone to enjoy.

They are certainly did and it appears that they (William and Kate) aren't playing.

Personally, I am not for long engagements but that is just a personal preference. Unless you need the time to save for the wedding (obviously not the case) or you have an illness (i.e. Daniel of Sweden) or some other important life fact (need to finish school before marriage, etc.) What is the point in the delay? But again that is just a personal belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom