Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited a year between my OWN engagement and wedding. Not only did it take that long to plan and execute, but I wanted to see first-hand how the commitment of engagement was handled by my intended. That is the reason for engagement --- to take the time to be sure you want to go through with it. I can't see where it would be different for a royal house than a common house.

With Charlene's arms, no sleeves might be better. :)

I believe she will have to be "sleeved," as the wedding will take place in the Roman church and they have rules (as do the CofE and the various Orthodox churches). I'm not saying that the dress itself couldn't be strapless, or spaghetti or sleeveless, but there would have to be some sort of illusion to cover the shoulders and arms.

Imo she shouldn't choose a strapless dress, it's totally inappropiate for a church wedding and moreover this is a head of state wedding so shoud be considered. And in many catholic churches they don't let you enter showing a lot of skin.

There is also a tradition from Southern Europe which is verrry prevalent- and that is that the bride take her wedding shoes out of the box and before she puts them on for the first and possibly last time to the religious ceremony she writes the names of her single girlfriends on the botton- the soles in ink- and she proceeds to go not too far - because after the wedding ceremony alone [ before the reception the shoes are checked] the names of the girls who will marry shortly will have disappeared and those that have to wait are still there.
In India a bride should on the night before her wedding kneel on a plank of wood and have her girlfriends sing songs to her so she will be as strong as wood and she should rise before sunrise to marry in Northern India as by noon the ceremony is over.Noon being a critical time as they believe the sooner in the day the better.Those are the Sikhs as opposed to the Hindus who mary religiously at midnight and go around a fire.
They also say that if you take a piece of wedding cake and put it under your pillow you will dream of the man you marry.Tossing the bouquet over one's head is integral because the bride then gives her luck to another maiden who wishes to marry.The bouquet tossing is a kind of designation of who is next. I wonder if Charlene will do any of these or have some of her own to bring along?
Fascinating folklore.

Exactly where in southern europe? Because that's the first time I've read about that.

I've never heard of that before, the only thing I have heard of is the bouquet tossing.

My gut instinct tells me that Armani is going to do her dress, why wouldn't he he's been doing all her ball gowns so far.

Charlene's future role

what do you think charlene's future role as princess of monaco would be like? what kind of associations will she get patronage of? will she be rather mediatic, as grace, or will she prefer to be more out of the spotlight?

I think her role will be much more restricted than PA's. For a start, she won't be able to take part in the political life of Monaco because that is the province of the Sovereign Prince and his government. For instance, PA's role as a Head of State, and in the diplomatic field, will continue in the same way.

She has already said that she wants to do things revolving around children / in Africa / with sport. That should keep her going for a while.

Plus there will be the engagements she will share with the Prince, such as the Balls, opening ceremonies etc.

On the topic of Bridal Gowns, what do people think about Chelsea Clinton's outfit ???

I realise that comparisons between Chelsea snd Charlene are not very useful - there's a sizeable age difference between them, for a start .
BBC News - America's royal wedding
Chelsea's gown by Vera Wang was lovely but I do not think it would become Charlene at all.It has frou frou which becomes Chelsea and gives her dimension which she is able to carry off.As for the future role of Charlene I remember that Rainier said of Grace that she is sometimes my minister without portfolio, minister of health. children and culture. He was a witty and charming Prince. So I think"Princess" Charlene will have influence behind the scenes.

I'm sure Charlene will make a lovely bride, whatever she chooses to wear, and will in turn do an exceptional job as First Lady of Monaco. :)

Evidence thus far proves she has the makings to do just that ~ make a great First Lady of Monaco ~ as it stands now there are no skeletons in her closet, no scandals, no out-of-wedlock children, no jilted lovers, no secret husbands, or anything of that nature. Rather, she has shown considerable discipline & resolve, most likely garnered from her years as an Olympic swimmer, as anybody in sports knows that discipline is key to success! And of course her family laid the foundation, as any good family would.

I look forward to seeing more of Charlene's transformation from girlfriend, fiancee, wife, First Lady of Monaco, and eventually mother. :)

Thus far, she hasn't set a foot wrong, in my humble opinion, of course. Cheers! :cheers:

Edited To Add: I realize that those applying to the position of HSH or HRH will generally be circumspect, on their best behavior, otherwise they most likely will not get the job, lol :D , whereas those born to HSH/HRH tend to take it for granted, and unfortunately in some cases bad behavior results. This is why I think at 21 yrs. of age those born into royalty/principality should have the c-h-o-i-c-e to abdicate his/her title and live as a commoner, or be stripped of it later on if said royal cannot act in accordance to their position.

Last edited:
After all the Charlene-bashing, it's refreshing to read a fairly unbiased account of her past and present, and maybe future.

Unless there are any skeletons in the cupboard, it should be plain sailing for her.

In fact, compared with PA and "the Family", she is a paragon of virtue !

After all the Charlene-bashing, it's refreshing to read a fairly unbiased account of her past and present, and maybe future.

Unless there are any skeletons in the cupboard, it should be plain sailing for her.

In fact, compared with PA and "the Family", she is a paragon of virtue !

I wouldn't get carried away. There are skeletons in everybody's closet, and I'm sure Charlene's will eventually emerge. Frankly when I look at Chelsea Clinton and her new husband, I see two people in love, totally and completely. I do not see it in Albert and Charlene's eyes. The photos on the dance floor did not portray a newly engaged couple in love by comparison. JMO.

But I agree with you - we're not really looking at "a newly-engaged couple" !!

These two have been a couple for many years, "without benefit of clergy" so-to-speak. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I sometimes feel that this is a (very pleasant) kind of marriage of convenience, but I can't explain why I feel that. Part of it goes back to Rainier's last year(s) during which PA has had to keep his "friendships" secret, not only from Rainier, but to some extent, from his countrymen and -women. No need to keep it secret from the Vatican - they're old hands at arriving at dodgy accommodations and the like.

I wouldn't get carried away. There are skeletons in everybody's closet, and I'm sure Charlene's will eventually emerge. Frankly when I look at Chelsea Clinton and her new husband, I see two people in love, totally and completely. I do not see it in Albert and Charlene's eyes. The photos on the dance floor did not portray a newly engaged couple in love by comparison. JMO.
I think it has to do with age hibou. Chelsea and hubby are young-and full of jelly beans.Cher said it best when she spoke the infamous words- apologies in advance for the blatant quotation "it stinks to age"
Their[PA and Cw's] interactions sometimes are as you say not showing the missing link- whatever that is.

"PARIS Aug 1 (Reuters Life!) - Prince Albert of Monaco, son of the late Hollywood star Grace Kelly, has brought forward his wedding with South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock by six days to avoid a clash with an International Olympic Committee meeting."

You can read more at Monaco's Prince Albert changes wedding date

Chelsea clinton is not married with a prince and she will not be a princess, Albert and Charlene are two people in love but in public it is not very decent to kiss the other person. We saw photos where they are kissing when they are in intimitat. They did not need to prove they are loving each other.

How very strange that they didn't know the date of the IOC meeting in advance.

Those meetings would have been known in advance for many months, perhaps even years.

I smell a rat...

I'm sure they did know about the IOC meeting, because you can look it up on the IOC site or even Wikipedia. I follow the IOC, and I knew about the meeting, which is why I thought the choice of the 8th and 9th of July was a bit odd.

Let's hope PA's Diary Secretary doesn't get it in the neck over this....

The excuse about it being CW's first visit to South Africa sounds a bit lame.

I haven't heard about that excuse?

The meeting is in Durban yes, so I presume Albert is going to go on a honeymoon after this meeting, because they both deserve something like that.

This meeting was chosen nearly 2 years ago if i'm correct.

I remember reading 2 years ago in some european mag that someone in the palce leaked the preparations were on the way for their wedding that would take place in the summer. My whole theory is that it is true, she has been in "training" for the last 2 years or so. Look, who's to say what their relationship is love, business, an understanding who knows but them. We could speculate and speculate via photos and such, for me, it's fun just to watch this dance.

[FONT=&quot]The Palace website confirms:Prince’s Palace of Monaco - Weddind of the Prince Albert II : change in the date

there were 2 different reactions in my head right away:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. "OH COOL! Two days after my birthday!" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. "Hi. WHAT?!"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honestly, I think whoever was responsible for setting the original date didn’t realize that the IOC meeting was also that weekend, and when PA and Charlene actually had a chance to look at their own schedules, THEY realized it and demanded the change.[/FONT]

Does that mean that Prince Albert will interrupt his honeymoon to attend the IOC meeting ?

Changing the wedding date this early in the game doesnt seem that odd, but a wedding mass on a Sunday does seem a bit odd. Couldnt they do the civil ceremony on Friday or even Saturday morning and have the wedding mass on the Saturday afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom