Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The religious wedding will take place on July 9th while the civil wedding will take place the previous day July 8th annoucement by the Palace today.

Thanks for the info.! :)

As with Crown Princess Victoria's wedding, I will need to mark off that date. I'm glad it's on a Saturday, more importantly on the weekend, perfect time to take it easy & watch it all on the internet. As I did with Victoria's wedding.

Oh my gosh, I wonder if they will have a concert the night before, like Victoria & Daniel had? That was a true delight to watch!!!! *clapping*

And the cake, the dignitaries from all over the world, the religious ceremony itself, who will be the bridesmaids & the bridegrooms, and most important of all (to me at least, lol) what will the wedding dress look like!?!

I definitely have to go watch Prince Rainier & Grace Kelly's wedding on the internet to whet my appetite. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS, ALBERT & CHARLENE, ON SETTING THE WEDDING DATE!:fireworks:

Ah well, I would have lost that bet....the number 23 wasn't that lucky after all.

I'm glad they've put everyone out of their misery by announcing the dates.

I second that Renata...no backing out now, eh?!:lol:

But why is 23 an unlucky number? June 23rd is my birthday so now you have me worried! :ermm:

Do we know which Cathedral Church has been selected?

There´s only one Cathedral in Moncao.

That's why I said Cathedral CHURCH....anyway I am sure everyone knows what I meant.

Moonmaiden, your post about the Belgium Royal Family on that other thread got me thinking about whom I would like to attend Prince Albert & Charlene's wedding, lol.:brows: Hint hint, Prince Amedeo of Belgium. *Nadine, smiling slyly* (;^)

As for entertainment, I really did enjoy the concert for Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel the night before, in particular the spectacular "Swan Lake" performance and the sing-along to the lyrics of "Can't Help Falling in Love With You".

On that note, I would love it if Amy Winehouse (please, no derogatory comments, I love this woman's singing) were to perform the following:

YouTube - Amy Winehouse Teach Me Tonight Live at Jools Holland

Last edited:
His Imperial Highness Prince Amedeo is one of Europe's unsung Royal hunks...I would love to see him with Charlotte Casiraghi...what beautiful children they would produce!! :whistling:

Who knows...maybe we will get to see him at PA/CW wedding....

Since it says a "Celebration" does that mean like a reception or does it mean something like a blessing kinda what Charles and Camilla did?

That's why I said Cathedral CHURCH....anyway I am sure everyone knows what I meant.

Whatever a Cathedral church is, and if there is any in the principality, St Nicholas is the only place where big celebrations are held in Monaco, so there´s no point in asking where this wedding is going to take place.

I don't think that's right.

They haven't released info on which church/cathedral will be used.

Imperial Highness ?? How so?

He's a Belgian prince and an archduke, and a youngster.

He is His Imperial and Royal Highness. Therefore, also His Imperial Highness.

Josette

Who else would we want to see at the Monaco wedding?

My choice would be: the children of Monaco.

We know that Prince Albert's children will probably be invited to attend their father's wedding, but are Princess Caroline's and Princess Stephanie's kids required to have formal roles in the wedding (maybe Andrea as best man; Princess Alex as a flower girl, etc). Obviously, they will attend, but is there any royal responsibility for them to have a role in the wedding ceremony?

Whatever a Cathedral church is, and if there is any in the principality, St Nicholas is the only place where big celebrations are held in Monaco, so there´s no point in asking where this wedding is going to take place.

I disagree...there was some discussion a few days ago about whether or not the wedding might take place at the beautiful Church of St. Charles.

I agree that it will probably take place at St Nicholas, but since it hasn't been announced yet I don't think it was a pointless question at all.

We know that Prince Albert's children will probably be invited to attend their father's wedding, but are Princess Caroline's and Princess Stephanie's kids required to have formal roles in the wedding (maybe Andrea as best man; Princess Alex as a flower girl, etc). Obviously, they will attend, but is there any royal responsibility for them to have a role in the wedding ceremony?

I hope Albert's children will be there but it hard to say. None of Princess Caroline's kids or Stephanie's are required to be there although I think and hope they will. They have no royal obligation to do so.

I don't think they will be at Albert's wedding, but it would be interesting to see them there, if they go.
About the royal responsability...only Albert knows. I mean, yes, they are in line to the throne and all that but as it's his wedding, i guess he'll decide who he wants as a best man, or flower girl, with Charlene.

Is there a bridal party tradition in the Monagasque RF?

Good question. I don't think so, especially since Grace and Rainier's wedding was largely run like a Hollywood production. Grace chose her friends and sisters as bridesmaids.

I hope Albert's children will be there but it hard to say. None of Princess Caroline's kids or Stephanie's are required to be there although I think and hope they will. They have no royal obligation to do so.

I agree-it's hard to say. Jazmin maybe...Alexandre, a little young....so I'm leaning on no. But we'll see.

Yes, the children of Monaco would be the best, a time to celebrate their culture & identity. Reminds me of Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel's concert the night before, wherein the children of Sweden came onstage at the end carrying their flags & singing. :)

Myself, I hope there are fireworks, and something out of the usual. Special musical guests, ballet, maybe even a special presentation put on by Albert's nieces & nephews in honor of the occasion.

Anything's possible when it comes to such a special occasion. There are three important events in one's life ~ birth, marriage, and death.

Of course Albert's family will be there, as well as Charlene's, I think it's ridiculous to think otherwise.

Marriage, especially, is a time when families come together. A time of great joy & celebration, welcoming a new member to the family! :)

In fact, I cannot recall a wedding of this magnitude wherein one's family did not show up. Oops, I forgot, when Jacqueline Bouvier married John F. Kennedy in 1953, her father "Black Jack" got so drunk the night before he failed to give her away at the wedding, not even attending, luckily her stepfather did the honors. :)

YouTube - The wedding of Jacqueline & John F. Kennedy

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Historical+Resources/Archives/Reference+Desk/Wedding+Details.htm

Last edited:
The whole Palace set-up would never allow even the slightest deviation from the carefully scripted ceremonies. Pa may be the Sovereign Prince, but it's still the Court which rules the roost.

You know now that I think about it, the Grimaldis are unpredictable. Princess Stephanie did not even allow her older children to attend their grandfather's funeral, nor did she herself attend Princess Caroline's wedding to Prince Ernst of Hanover, and in turn Princess Caroline retaliated by not attending Princess Stephanie's child's batism (i.e. Camille).

Omg, this could turn out awful after all. :(

With the Grimaldis, anything can happen! Hopefully they have finally grown up, and can put their differences aside for this one occasion.

Until then, I will be on tenterhooks...

These Grimaldi's are a little, umm, not like the other royals. They move to the beat of their own drummer you could say. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be more celebrities than royals at their wedding, as they compose themselves more like celebrities than royalty.

I have to disagree with you, jonc93, Princess Caroline conducts herself impeccably when it comes to duty. She always has. Thus, why I respect her so much. She's more royal than so-called royals out there. Just my humble opinion, of course.

If anyone doesn't show up at Albert's wedding, it will be Princess Stephanie, and her kids, mark my words. Though I hope it does not come to that, as she is after all Albert's favorite baby sister. :)

And let's be honest, none of the other royal or pincely families, except the ones Moonmaiden mentioned in another thread (in particular the Belgian Royal Family) can look the Monaco Princely Family in the face and say they are without sin. My gosh, some of the skeletons they have in their own closets is outrageous. A sad sign of the times, I fear. This is why I believe whatever the Grimaldis do nowadays do not make them outcasts, as it would have in the past, because other royal/princely families are doing the same thing, if not moreso.

Poor Grace Kelly it seems can never escape the stigma of bringing a touch of Hollywood to the aristocratic circles. That was another time, another age, yet some still will always judge her by the fact that no royalty showed up at her wedding to Prince Rainier, only celebrities.

I personally think Prince Albert's wedding to Charlene Wittstock *will* be attended by other royal/princely families, just as Crown Princess Victoria's wedding to Daniel Westling's was. :)

Albert is close to both of his sisters. Many of his engagements are carried out with either/both sisters at his side. They always turn out for National Day. I cannot imagine that they wouldn't show for Albert's wedding. I also think that there will be a fair showing of European royals - Albert has regularly been in attendance at recent royal weddings & I would imagine this would be reciprocated.

I think we'll see some royals at the wedding. I'm not saying we can look forward to see Queen Elizabeth II, but i'm almost sure that her son Edward and wife Sophie will be attending, for example.
About celebrities...only if Albert has some actor/actresses friends, if not, there won't be any i think.

I think we will certainly see more royals certainly not the top tier (Juan Carlos, Sofia, Elizabeth II, etc). But the younger generation that Albert interacts with at the various weddings.

Its also to remember that Royals were a little more class conscious when Grace married Rainier. I mean, heck, a lot of royals didn't even come to Margaret's wedding to Anthony Armstrong Jones, a little old photographer. And she was the daughter of a crowned King!

I think with the recent additions of Maxima, Mary, Letizia, Daniel etc....that class bias is weakened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom