PA2 & The Environment: Flash or Substance?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read some of the documents available online coming out of his office, and he is really aiming high. I say within 10-20 years I think he will make Monaco the epi-centre of global green-care. It will be fantastic to see the legacy he leaves behind! He has also "hidden" his girlfriend for nearly two months so that the media could take his work more seriously and they really did. I think he has his personal life as his priority as all humans should and then the work of running his principality right where it should be. I think C-W also is an understanding and supportive person for his green concerns and all other work, and so it is possible for him to have balance in what will be a LOT of work in his future. He does not seem to fear losing his personal life in order to pursue what is important for his country. So he will always feel more encouraged to do even better with his GREEN plans!

The Monaco Government recently completed the implemention of two solar systems at the Annonciade school complex - saving a total of 125 kWh/year of power (preventing 25 tons of CO2 emissions per year). This is a pilot designed to reduce consumption and to develop renewable energy. The government also recently introduced a State grant for the installation of solar power units (amounting to 30% of the total cost of the system). You can read more at:

Great to know. Are there any additional sites to read from? Thanks!

Glistening Seas

:flowers:whaaaat an exciting article to read. if anyone can make solar power work for them it's Monaco. they have such a high sunshine rate. :ohmy:the figures on the savings of oil consumption and energy are great.

Glistening Seas

:ohmy:Looks like the Illustrious Pa is a man of many talents; indeed. Biodiversified fuel?? Does AnYoNe know if it's for car fuel or is it for something else. How many number of different uses can he find for this Jatropha oil? Certainly this is a side of Pa no one knew existed w-e-l-l bravoooo. Is this a clean burning fuel? Well, the answers to these questions is something everyone will want to know. greaaat:D:monacostandard::unicorn:

The article, One Drop Foundation and Prince Albert II Foundation Team Up for Access to Water in Honduras, discusses Prince Albert's foundation investing 300,000 euros (to be spent in a 3-year timeframe) in ONE DROP’s Access to Safe Water for the Communities of the Dry Tropics of Honduras project. The info is a little bit dated (early July), but I haven't seen it posted in this thread yet.

Thanks interesting article. I wonder, is there a list anywhere or in his foundation's annual report (do they post that on line?) where they list the organizations that that he has helped over the past year? I think it would be very interesting to see.

Glistening Seas

:) So glad to hear about the Honduras project. The Pa foundation seems to have many facinating facets to it. Pa does have a foundation site where someone posted a link but it's difficult to find. Perhaps, theres a section where they could post those in an easy to find location. It was surprising to hear that PA's Foundation does so many different things. :cheers:

:) So glad to hear about the Honduras project. The Pa foundation seems to have many facinating facets to it. Pa does have a foundation site where someone posted a link but it's difficult to find. Perhaps, theres a section where they could post those in an easy to find location. It was surprising to hear that PA's Foundation does so many different things. :cheers:

The site is not that difficult to find. I simply Googled Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco. There's a ton of info on the site that outlines what the foundation is doing. There's a French version for those of you that understand French. If you are interested in what projects the foundation is involved in, take a look at the project section.

Last edited:
Very cool!:cool: Looking forward to reading about it.:flowers:

Glistening Seas

:) that was indeed a cool article. it's good to see someone looking for a solution to what is happening in the extreme deep waters of our earth. With this last shelf melting off it seems the earthquakes didn't seem to want to stop, there for a while. It's great to see that there is the motivation to see what is out there in the oceans.:eek:

Has Monaco partnered, yet, with the U.N. University branches??

"Year of the Gorilla"

UN officials launch "Year of the Gorilla"

"The "Year of the Gorilla" was launched at a ceremony in Rome where Prince Albert II of Monaco and representatives from more than 100 governments gathered this week to discuss increasing measures for nearly 30 species endangered by pollution, climate change and overhunting...."

also

Africa-wide UN action plan seeks to save the gorilla

"Many experts are warning that without urgent action gorillas will become extinct in the wild within the next few decades and the Year, launched at the opening of a UN wildlife conference in Rome by Prince Albert II of Monaco, aims to boost protection of the great ape and its habitat by increasing the livelihoods and incomes of local people from managing their conservation...."

It looks like PA will be diving in the world's oldest and deepest fresh water lake next year. More info is at:

Monaco prince may dive to bottom of Siberia's Baikal in 2009

"Monaco's Prince Albert II and the president of Russia's Buryatia Republic could dive to the bottom of Lake Baikal in 2009 as part of a research trip, a leading expedition member said Monday....."

I am sure that Albert treats environment seriously. This trip to Baikal seems exciting I hope diving will be safe too. I would like to go there but not for diving.;)
There is something related to this topic. PA just test drove electric car. It doesn't say a date, but seems recent. EV WORLDwire: Mitsubishi Demo's Electric Car in Monaco

Glistening Seas

:flowers: whaaat a nifty caaar!! It has tons of window space great for sightseeing in Monaco surely!! PA probably has driven it already--looking and enjoying their palm trees while everyone one else sits here in deeeeeeep freeeeze haaa shoveling ourselves out of snooooow!!!:harvest::candycane::poinsettia:

Monaco Declaration

On January 30th, the Monaco Declaration was released by UNESCO.

The report states (in part): "The seas and oceans absorb one fourth of the carbon dioxide emitted to the atmosphere from human activities, which in turn is driving their acidification at a rate that is unprecedented."

"This chemical modification will alter marine ecosystems, upon which over half of the world’s population depends for its primary source of food. This declaration, based on irrefutable scientific findings and signed by 155 scientists from 26 nations, sets forth recommendations, calling for policymakers to address this immense problem."

The Monaco Declaration can be found in Adobe Acrobat (5 meg download) in English. Press releases are available in English, French and Spanish.

One step closer to Peace; with Water

You folks may be tired of my posting articles in which PA is pushing his agenda, but the subject is of interest (at least) to me.

The article, One step closer to Peace; with Water, states (in part):

"Prince Albert II of Monaco has stressed a need for a multidimensional approach to the problem: 'We cannot just adopt a political attitude. We need scientific information, philanthropic and charity organization knowledge, human organizations, local agents and so.' "

SM Douglas

Not at all, I think it's a nice change and the kind of information I'd rather see Albert associated with. Don't think because we don't comment that we're not intersted. Sometimes we just don't have more that really needs to be added. I really like this topic .:flowers:

SM Douglas

Not at all, I think it's a nice change and the kind of information I'd rather see Albert associated with. Don't think because we don't comment that we're not intersted. Sometimes we just don't have more that really needs to be added. I really like this topic .:flowers:

I agree whole heartedly. Please keep up the good work in keeping us informed on this and other important issues that Prince Albert undertakes!
Thanks!!

I agree whole heartedly. Please keep up the good work in keeping us informed on this and other important issues that Prince Albert undertakes!
Thanks!!

I'll do my best. It's good to see a person who has looked forward to his role - all his life - set his goals and aspirations, and then live them.

He's been Sovereign Prince for less than four years and has established control over governing the principality and established the strategic goals of his life. Not bad for a young guy of 50 years of age....

A good example of Albert's "joined-up thinking" on environmental matters:
Having inspected both polar regions, he links it to an exhibition at the Oceanographic Museum:
THE POLAR ICECAPS For Future Generations

Monaco Official Site - News Expo Glaces Polaires

www.oceano.mc

The exhibition started in February 2008 when he went to the North Pole, and finishes in May 31st, 2009.

Glistening Seas

:) Whaaat a breath-taking collage of pics at the oceanographic musee. it's truly hoping they got more pics like those because they will be mesmerizing to adults and provide children with hours of spellbinding viewing of the fragile environment as it is. greaaat job!!:unicorn::shamrock:

Monaco hosted a scientific conference of the UN Environment programme / UNESCO, from February 20th to 22nd.

Yesterday Monaco hosted a follow-up UNESCO seminar about possible strategies to combat Climate change in the Arctic Region.

Monaco.maville.com Les experts de l'Unesco réunis à Monaco... au secours de l'Arctique

Prince Albert presided over the opening session and pointed out that even a few years ago such a seminar would not have happened. He also stressed the importance of supporting not just the environment, but also the populations of the Arctic because "injuring the environment always hits the weakest. The wounds inflicted on the earth are always those inflicted on humanity".

The conference started yesterday and finishes on Friday.

Glistening Seas

it appears people in the past have not been as receptive to being interested in global warming?? it certainly appears to not leave much choice now it's either be interested in fixing the problem or the problem will become everyone's problem in a hurry?!! :thistle::unicorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom