It's a boy and a girl: Prince Jacques & Princess Gabriella, December 10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabriela is not only Italian, it's the latim version of the name.

Congratulations to the couple princier!

:flowers:

Gabriela is not only Italian, it's the latim version of the name.

Gabriella, not Gabriela, see example:

Sua Altezza Reale Donna Maria Gabriella Giuseppa Aldegonda Adelaide Margherita Ludovica Felicita Gennara di Savoia, Principessa d'Italia

Last edited by a moderator:
What happy news, congratulations to the proud parents!

Born on Nobel Day, I'll never forget their date of birth. But it is sad that in the 21st century a girl is pushed aside by a youner brother.

Congratulations to the couple! Great names.

Hello.com is confirming the engagement of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo....wedding set for April 20th.

If only Grace and Rainier were alive to see this day. They would be besides themselves with joy and pride.

Melina do you know when there are replays on the channel? I'd like to see the cannons being fired

No on Monaco channel there is a video announcing the births of prince Jacques and princess Gabrella, it is a video taken at the national fest Inside the palace. in Monaco Channel.We will see the cannons to morrow in Monaco channel.

Princess Marie Astrid has a girl called Princess Gabriella of Habsbourg. In Monaco there are also french name who are also in monegash language which looks like italian.

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:Congratulations on the birth of Gabriella and Jacques. May they be very happy and healthy.

If only Grace and Rainier were alive to see this day. They would be besides themselves with joy and pride.

They would have been 86 resp 88 years old... Hard to imagine.

I didn't think of that! How true that old jack would be crowing.

Congrats to them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's just a shame the girl was born first but cannot be the heiress! O I wish I could have seen the cannons firing

Yes, it is. On the other hand, the second in line always seems to like their spot a lot more. I can see that since they don't have all the pressure and stress the heir does. It maybe that Gabriella will love her place in the succession and not envy her brother a jolt.

Congratulations again. Exciting time for Monaco. I like the name Gabriella. Not sure about Jacques though but I m very happy for the birth anyway :)

Congratulations to Charlène with her, no doubt, lovely little twins :flowers: I knew they arriving one of these days. Didn't, however, expect those names at all (and I must say, I am somewhat disappointed that both Grace and Caroline were left out of Gabriella's name altogether). I am severely disappointed that Albert chooses to let his oldest child be displaced in favour of his younger child. That is plain sexism and it is absolutely detesting. Shame on you, Albert.

The names correctly spelled, with accents:

Son Altesse Sérénissime le prince Jacques Honoré Rainier de Monaco, Marquis de Baux.

Son Altesse Sérénissime la princesse Gabriella Thérèse Marie de Monaco, Comtesse de Carladès.

Baux (Baux-en-Provence) is a fantastic place close to St Rémy and Maussane-les-Alpilles. I was there this summer, for three weeks, only 3 km away in Maussane. Carladès is an ancient viscounty in the Bourbonnais (Auvergne), where I live. What a coincidence.... According the Treaty of Péronne (1641) the eldest son receives the title Marquis de Baux.

Congratulations to the famille princier.

Congratulations to Charlène with her, no doubt, lovely little twins :flowers: I knew they arriving one of these days. Didn't, however, expect those names at all (and I must say, I am somewhat disappointed that both Grace and Caroline were left out of Gabriella's name altogether). I am severely disappointed that Albert chooses to let his oldest child be displaced in favour of his younger child. That is plain sexism and it is absolutely detesting. Shame on you, Albert.

Albert chooses nothing. It is all automatically regulated by La Constitution de la Principauté de Monaco (Article 10). And... why are you "disappointed" that Grace and Caroline are no part of her names but no word about Stéphanie or Antoinette, to name other possibilities? I think the names are beautiful. The names Jacques, Honoré, Rainier, Gabriel(la), Thérèse and Marie all are already in the monegasque genealogy, therefore Albert and Charlène are respecting their patrimonium which is also their parents' legacy, of course.

It's just a shame the girl was born first but cannot be the heiress! O I wish I could have seen the cannons firing

It's not a question of whether she can be the heiress. It's a question of whether Albert wants to change the primogeniture (or propose a change of the primogeniture, if you will) so that his oldest child can succeed him. And he doesn't want to do that.

Albert chooses nothing. It is all automatically regulated by La Constitution de la Principauté de Monaco (Article 10).

He could have proposed a change of the primogeniture and he chose not to.

Wonderful news! What a special day in Monaco! I like the names very much and it is marvellous they have chosen names I do not think many people were expecting!

There are a prince and a princess , the prince will be the hereditary prince and the litttle princess will seconf in line , it is the constitution , I don't see any problem.

I am very happy .

There are a prince and a princess , the prince will be the hereditary prince and the litttle princess will seconf in line , it is the constitution , I don't see any problem.

I am very happy .

I agree. Nothing new. We knew on beforehand that the succession was according l'ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine. We can also say, when it are two girls or two boys: "Why the eldest and not the youngest?" It is as it is.

Congratulations Prince Albert and Princess Charlene!!!! I LOVE the names!!! Simply Beautiful!!!! Can't wait for official pictures of these little angels!!
I am also happy that there is one of each, now there is no, he was born first, the tradition in Monaco continues, males inherit, I'm glad there wasn't (2) boys or (2) girls, to me, this simplifies everything.

Last edited:
I agree. Nothing new. We knew on beforehand that the succession was according l'ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine. We can also say, when it are two girls or two boys: "Why the eldest and not the youngest?" It is as it is.

Thank you for your voice of reason.

This happy event is no place for politics.

Congratulations and they've chosen lovely names IMO. Hope that Charlene will get some rest before returning to the palace.

Thank you for your voice of reason.

This happy event is no place for politics.

And... for Albert personally... he is a younger child as well, as Princess Caroline is older. Why complaining that Albert's younger son is the Heir and never complaining that Albert himself has preceded his elder sister?

:whistling: :flowers:

In one day there have been 3 heirs to the throne.

00h00 - 17h04
S.A.R. la princesse Caroline de Monaco, Princesse de Hannovre

17h04 - 17h06
S.A.S. la princesse Gabrielle de Monaco, Comtesse de Carladès

17h06 - ..h..
S.A.S. le prince Jacques de Monaco, Marquis de Baux

Line of succession:

1. S.A.S. le prince Jacques de Monaco, Marquis de Baux (2004)
2. S.A.S. la princesse Gabrielle de Monaco, Comtesse de Carladès (2004)
3. S.A.R. la princesse Caroline de Monaco, Princesse de Hannovre (1957)
4. Monsieur Andrea Casiraghi (1984)
5. Monsieur Alexandre ('Sacha') Casiraghi (2013)
6. Monsieur Pierre Casiraghi (1987)
7. Mademoiselle Charlotte Casiraghi (1986)

Yes, a voice of reason, the princely couple gave the names of former princes and princesses of Monaco. Rainier is the third name of prince Jacques and Marie is the name of the the Vierges Marie. A catholic name .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom