It's a boy and a girl: Prince Jacques & Princess Gabriella, December 10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally I don't like interviews but since they all still are at the hospital I think it's a nice idea: so did she hint thye are going to release some pics next week? I thought I understood that... About the twins: Why are they so small? I know that twins usually are smaller but they came only 2 weeks earlier... I'm glas they are doing fine though

Twins "on time" are always smaller than single babies on time. :) I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Generally I don't like interviews but since they all still are at the hospital I think it's a nice idea: so did she hint thye are going to release some pics next week? I thought I understood that... About the twins: Why are they so small? I know that twins usually are smaller but they came only 2 weeks earlier... I'm glas they are doing fine though

There is only so much room in a mother's womb for them to grow. Plus typically in the last few weeks of gestation babies tend to gain weight. So if they were a little early they may be smaller than a single baby. It sounds like the medical team just wants them to put in some weight before being discharged, which is very normal.

Twins are generally smaller than singletons because there isn't enough room for both of them to grow "adequately", but that isn't always the case. Some twins are 6/7lbs each at birth!

Do the Monaco family ever release the birth weights of babies born in the family or are they private?

Lovely interview from Charlene and it's nice that she had time to do a telephone interview. Looking forward to seeing the little twins. =]

I think Charlene and Albert are being very generous in allowing these interviews, and also with possibly releasing photos before the official presentation on Jan. 7.

I also like the names for the babies: his a saint's name and hers an archangel's name. Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Very nice to give an interview. Two weeks early isn't considered premature I'm pretty sure but the babies must be less than 5.5 lbs to be kept at the hospital, which I think is the standard in the USA. Correct me if I'm wrong I know we have ob s and ob nurses on the board.
Two five pound babies is still a lot of baby!

The twins never arrive to the terme of a singleton child and as they share the space of the belly of their mother , they are smaller than a singleton. very often, they arrive very earlier , we don't know the weight of Jacques and Gabriella princess Charlene said they are well that they grow up and that they take every day weight. but it is the proceed of the hospital to keep the babies at the hospital when the babies are small . They want to be sure the babies are well before they come home.

She said in Monaco Matin that their rooom is ready at the place , She always likes the name Jacques , it is french and it is also used in South Africa and about all there was a prince Jacques of Monaco and the name is fit for their son. For Gabriella , she searched a name and she found it, She likes it and she told to her husband who found it wery charming.
Charlene hopes she will come back before Christmas and she said that there will be early next week photos of the childre if all is well..

Her hope is to be at Christmas at home with her children and her husband.

She said in Gala Albert and she are very happy withe their twins. they are on a little cloud.

Now I have seen the palace published another link with the same interview on different mag... It was a smart move to released an interview but this is getting a bit a pr IMO... Just one link would have been fine IMO

For you Marty for you not for other people, princess Charlene gave three interviews yesterdays, one for only the people of Monaco and to Gala and Paris match.

The interviews are not the same, some questions are different from one to an another. like why the choice of the names of the babies, and in gala there is a question about possibles photos of the babies before Christmas and the answer shows that there will be surely photos before Christmas.

They grant an interview which is published before the people of Monaco have seen the children?

I don't agree with that.

Yes Melina, that's my opinions... I believe one interview was enough...

I think people are being over picky. Let them enjoy sharing this good news.

It is your right to think so, but princess Charlene is the princess of Monaco , spouse of the sovereign and she just gave a heir and a spare and for the newspapers , these births of twins are very important and very glamour.
This week, the births of the babies are on all the french front page of the magasines, if there are photos of the babies , they will be on the frentpage and the presentation of the babies will be also in all the médias because it will be a bif event in Monaco.

I just think that the people of Monaco should come before the media.

But perhaps life in Monaco is more about celebrity.

Cepe, interviews of the people of Monaco about the births and they are very happy

Les Monégasques félicitent le Couple Princier / Videos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

Not only the celebrity

On the special news the evening of the births, we see that the people of Monaco is overjoyed

JT Monaco Info spécial naissance princière / Videos / Monaco Info : Le Replay / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

And in the news of Monaco we see that the people of Monaco is cery happy about the births of the babies at 8.2

JT Monaco Info du jeudi 11 décembre 2014 / Videos / Monaco Info : Le Replay / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think that the people of Monaco should come before the media.

But perhaps life in Monaco is more about celebrity.

Gosh, can you pass me that lemon?????

I guess I'm just concerned because they'll be in the hospital so long. Any report about why that will be necessary?

The babies are small because they are twins and they arrived 15 days before the due date, in this case the babies stay more long than a singletonchild at the hospital; it is the standard procedure of the hospital in this case. the babies stay untill she will gain again weight, it is more sure.
My niece who had twins stayed 15 days, her twins beeing born less of 15 days at the due date.
Princess Charlene said that the twins are very well , they grow up and take weight every days but it is the doctors who will decide.

it is more pleased to read about the news given by princess Charlene instead of an announcement of a palace. the palace is OK

^^^ from the articles published that followed the telephonic interviews with P Charlene it seems that the doctors just want the babies to reach a certain weight before they are discharged. That's pretty standard practice.

Very generous of the Princess to grant an interview. She sounds very excited and proud. I particularly like the "crazy in love with them".

Let's hope they will be home for Christmas. And those first pics everyone is dying to see...

Premies usually stay in the hospital until approximately their regular due date and when they weigh what they would have if they were born at their normal time. It prevents health problems later in their life.

It's not always the case that preemies stay in the hospital until their approximate due date, especially twins because they often don't go to term.

I do appreciate that they might want them to put on a certain amount of weight before discharging them.

Also, I totally don't blame them for taking extra pains with the royal twins.

It's quite normal that Dr's want babies to put on a certain weight before they head home. Babies loose 10% of their body weight in the first few days and giving they are twins, they are born slightly on the lower side (not all cases) I think taking precaution is better.

At first I thought the interview was weird but I think it's a great idea especially that Charlene and the babies are staying slightly longer in hospital. It's good for the people to know from Charlene herself and not an announcement that all is going well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melina, do you think you will be able to go? How exciting that would be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom