HSH Prince Albert of Monaco - 50th Birthday

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thanks, I hadn't seen Princess Antoinette's family there. Has it been said where will tonight's party take place?

Oh thanks, I hadn't seen Princess Antoinette's family there. Has it been said where will tonight's party take place?

According to an article

"Sources said a private birthday party was planned at a Grimaldi family residence in northern France"

Thanks Radker. I hope they all take an official family picture with Princess Caroline and her children, Princess Stephanie and her kids, Princess Antoinette's family too. It's been almost 10 years without a family picture :(

Here's a little video, the caption states that Pierre was there as well, someone has a pic of him?

Video

Prince Albert said in an interview that some family members will be missing because they have to prepare the after party, still strange to me.

I've found this comment in this article:

Alberts einsamer Geburtstag: Wo war Charlene Wittstock? - Bild.de

Thank you for the birthday pics But-
Please. All of us can't read German. What, please, is the gist of this article. Thank you.

Who is the little blonde boy in the cake-cutting pictures?
And does anyone know if CW was at the private party later on?
I guess he smartened up and did not let his once-in-a-lifetime 50th birthday party become the Charlene Wittstock show? !
R.

I guess he smartened up and did not let his once-in-a-lifetime 50th birthday party become the Charlene Wittstock show? !
R.

I believe you are correct!;):flowers:

R.
The little boy is the youngest Monégasque, who was born on March 14. He celebrated
his 3rd birthday yesterday. Albert had especially invited all those Monégasques who
have their birthday on the same day as he has and those people were the first to
share the cake with :)

Thanks for all the nice pics! It was wonderful to see Steph and Antoinette
there as well, me too, I've missed the other members of the family, but
maybe they did not want to steal the show ;) as it's been Albert's day.

Probably, can't have one without the other :sick:. Some new spieces of Siamese twins has evolved here. JMO!
R.
I'm not so sure about that, practically all the reports I read mentioned her or lamented her absence. Basically all the tributes, photo galleries and the one "documentary" I saw managed to mention Charlene and wedding rumours. Some of them rather substantially. The local paper interviewed three invitees to Albert's party yesterday and two of them managed to mention wedding announcements. (I assume the interviews were held before Albert's little speech.) So the palace's denial didn't even reach Albert's own subjects, let alone the rest of the world. IMO, and IMO only probably, Albert's 50th has well and truly been eclipsed by Charlene. Even if she wasn't present.
angelhalo.gif

I am very disappointed, it seems to me that this 50th birthday was a non-event

It seems to me that the media, once they knew a big announcement wasn't to be expected, lost interest in the celebrations

Probably, can't have one without the other :sick:. Some new spieces of Siamese twins has evolved here. JMO!
I'm not so sure about that, practically all the reports I read mentioned her or lamented her absence. Basically all the tributes, photo galleries and the one "documentary" I saw managed to mention Charlene and wedding rumours. Some of them rather substantially. The local paper interviewed three invitees to Albert's party yesterday and two of them managed to mention wedding announcements. (I assume the interviews were held before Albert's little speech.) So the palace's denial didn't even reach Albert's own subjects, let alone the rest of the world. IMO, and IMO only probably, Albert's 50th has well and truly been eclipsed by Charlene. Even if she wasn't present.
angelhalo.gif

Ghislaine,

Your first comment is funny :D I agree with your other comments too, but regardless of what a weekly tabloid printed or what the news said, and I do agree, his birthday should have been only about him, at least Charlene will not be in the photos or part of Monaco history of Albert's 50th birthday. Again, all the tabloid chatter that included quotes from Charlene's mother primed the press to speculate for the weeks leading up to his birthday, what else would one expect. I think if he starts showing up alone more and keeps her relegated to his private life, he will stop feeding the tabloids and they will get bored without all the photo ops (they love a photo, how often can they run the same ones?). I was surprised to hear NBC news mention the rumor, but since they don't cover Albert that much here, I think possibly it was a way of reminding Americans of Monaco and who Albert is by reminding everyone of Grace (they showed footage of her marriage), basically it just made for more of a story as well I guess? I think Albert only has one way to stop all the attention on his private life and that would be to stop datiing women who are eager for publicity and enjoy talking to the tabloids. Albert needs to concentrate on highlighting his own achievements (I really liked his mention of the issues of the Mediterranean Ocean) it's too bad he can't find a women who understands or wants to help support Albert, if she truly cared about him, she would take care to put her efforts there first before she tried generating interest for herself. Albert really has to stop making his private life public (a little bit of mystery never hurts;)). A normal woman would want that anyway and Albert especially in his position should want that too. Otherwise his private life will continue to upstage Albert and everything he does. Anything regarding Monaco the last couple years has turned into the Charlene show. I bet she hates that!:ROFLMAO: Anyway I hope Alberts birthday was a nice day for him. The pictures were very nice, it was good to see Stephanie, but I missed seeing Caroline there as well. Regardless it looked to be a nice event and Albert looked great in the photos and he wont have to photoshop anyone out in the future.;):flowers:

Last edited:
I just hoped that my birthday gift I sent him arrived on time!:lol:

It seems to me that the media, once they knew a big announcement wasn't to be expected, lost interest in the celebrations

Well if it was true, you point out the problem! Albert is a Monarch a Head of State this is suppose to be about him and his life, not about anyone else, and he should not care that the royal tabloids don't have something else to talk about. He should be courting a different kind of press altogether that would give him a little more dignity than specualting about his private life. If all he can manage is interest about an impending marriage nn his 50th Birthday, I mean isn't it HIS birthday? Why would anyone expect that he would choose a date that is meant to be celebrated for a different occasion -- Why should it coincide with another date? Again if what you said was true, I would say dating Charlene is more than a hindrance if she doesn't know how to step back out of the limelight and realize that it is Albert who is the public figure. Again why should anyone not be interested in Albert's birthday for that reason only! I really don't see any more than a few who are invested personally (?) care if there is an announcement or not?

I thought the agencys or media that covered the celebrations did a good job and it shows Albert in a more regal and dignified light and that is where is popularity should be. He is far more appealing in my opinion when he is being celebrated like this for the man and monarch that he is. Who he dates should be his own private business only, at this juncture anyway, otherwise it just cheapens him and anyone he dates.

Hi everyone, Sandsla I agree with you wholeheartedly. I feel that Albert was finally celebrated in the way that he should be, and I hope that we see less and less of Charlene or whoever lady he chooses to date. The photo agencies were right on. Prince Albert looked very handsome,tall and stately on his birthday I liked his new suite and pretty tie.

I like the fact that he mentioned the need to save the Mediterranean Sea. I hope the leader of my country get a grip on what the U.S. Military is actually testing in the waters near my country.

Here are some pics of Pierre and Albert arriving at
Albert's birthday party at the Chateau de Marchais,
you can't really see much ;) but you can see how
wonderful the castle is..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

If the ONLY way to be celebrated or to have anything celebrated is to LEAVE CHARLENE OUT, then what type of life are they looking for ?

When he finally a part of a couple where people look forward to SEEING THEM TOGETHER and celebrating their life together .. he would be more likely to marry.

I recall Prince Charles being completely usurped by everyone's fascination with his fiancee/wife. It eroded his self-esteem after a while and could not have helped their union.

R.

Last edited:
Was CW at the party in Marchais?
What did it consist of?

hola magazine have the photo of charlene at albert birthday party you have to buy the magazine to see it.

Hola Translated Did you get the latest edition off the news stands?

Last edited:
it is in the new issues hola magazine for these week cover, look down the magazine you will see the picture, again you have to buy it to see the new photo.

CW's mom said in her interview a few days ago that CW was too busy arranging plans for the Prince's 50th private birthday party. I think so if you are planning someone's landmark birthday party you would be in his life pretty deeply. Mind you, anyone I date for over two years would have met my parents by now, even if I had to take some of my 40,000Eu princely-girlfriend -allowance a month and fly them in myself. Is she afraid that they might cause controversy or embarrass her in some way? And he has been to SA .. so why could he not see them then? What type of lack of chivalry is going on here? Even as a boyfriend .. forget about marriage ... would you NOT meet a girl's family by now?

R.

No ONLINE pictures in "Hola"?

If the ONLY way to be celebrated or to have anything celebrated is to LEAVE CHARLENE OUT, then what type of life are they looking for ?

When he finally a part of a couple where people look forward to SEEING THEM TOGETHER and celebrating their life together .. he would be more likely to marry.

I recall Prince Charles being completely usurped by everyone's fascination with his fiancee/wife. It eroded his self-esteem after a while and could not have helped their union.

R.

Yes that is exactly what I have been talking about?

Maybe it's the choice of women these men choose who crave the publicity and always think they should be the star for whatever reason or for no reason at all?

Perhaps some men should look for some emotional maturity in the women that they choose to date or marry and they wouldn't have this problem you speak of?

I don't see why any women would mind stepping back out of formal celebrations when they are just dating and while they can spend some much needed private time to get to know each other first, especially someone in Albert's position? Most women would want to protect their own privacy until they had agreed to step into that very public role? When they would feel like they had a right to be there and they were not in this awkward position where they don't quite belong? I mean Charlene walks in with the family and is in all the formal photos but they can't be seen dancing together? This seems like they have it a little backwards to me, but what do I know? :ermm:

Anyway, I am always interested in seeing more pictures of the estate in Marchais? Am I correct there? Is that where the birthday party was held? I think it's nice they had the private party there, we don't get to see it very often which makes me wish to see more of it?:) I wish we could see some more pictures, but then again they probably had it there for just that reason. It's good they have a more private place to retreat to when the wish? Anyway the Chateau is very beautiful and I hope Albert had a wonderful time at HIS birthday party? :flowers:

Does anyone know if there are pictures on any site that show more of the estate in Marchais? I have seen a few on the picture thread here that I believe were photos from more than a few years ago? Anyway, if anyone knows where there are more photos I would really appreciate it. Also, I have read a little bit about it's history but would be interested in learning more!:flowers:

CW's mom said in her interview a few days ago that CW was too busy arranging plans for the Prince's 50th private birthday party. I think so if you are planning someone's landmark birthday party you would be in his life pretty deeply. Mind you, anyone I date for over two years would have met my parents by now, even if I had to take some of my 40,000Eu princely-girlfriend -allowance a month and fly them in myself. Is she afraid that they might cause controversy or embarrass her in some way? And he has been to SA .. so why could he not see them then? What type of lack of chivalry is going on here? Even as a boyfriend .. forget about marriage ... would you NOT meet a girl's family by now?

R.
No ONLINE pictures in "Hola"?

Well, speaking from my own experience:D I would say not necessarily! If no one has figured out by my previous posts by now:D I am big on keeping ones personal life private if one can. No need to introduce someone when I am not sure of any real plans myself. It can send the wrong message to too many people including the guy you might be dating? And I wouldn't want to keep introducing every new guy I dated in my life to my family for no real reason? Even in some longer term relatioships, I do not always feel a need to involve my family in a realtionship that is only between myself and another person? Not that I'm not close to my family, I just like to keep some things private, besides this usually only serves to bore everyone to death!:D

Hard to say with Albert, in many ways he has Charlene playing the mock princess of Monaco, but at the same time one would conclude there has been no real need for any of Charlene's family to actually meet Prince Albert, only the need to talk about it in the press:rolleyes: But I imagine Charlene probably hasn't lived at home for a very long time -- She is 30 yrs old not 18? I do wonder where did any of her own life go when she met Prince Albert? She doesn't seem to have one outside of Albert? It does make one wonder who she is or what's she's about? If Charlene was indeed in charge of Albert's landmark birthday party, that is curious? I wondered how it turned out? I'm guessing Charlene would relish playing hostess to such a big event! As you say that would certainly indicate to his guest that Albert and Charlene are very serious? Well, I hope they both had a wonderful time, I'm sure Albert will always be able to remember it fondly:flowers:

it is in the new issues hola magazine for these week cover, look down the magazine you will see the picture, again you have to buy it to see the new photo.
I am sorry it isn't a new photo, no in the same it's a photo after birthday, this photo is taken during holidays with Caroline, look the lamps, the pull over of Caroline, Charlene or Albert, plus look the shirt of Albert. the photo is only taken under another angle that those which one saw
furst holidays :whistling:
compare to this photo from Hola

Last edited:
I feel they may decide don't show up the private party pics thinking that meeting with people, dozen official pics and interview will be enough to satisfy public curiosity.

I am sorry it isn't a new photo, no in the same it's a photo after birthday, this photo is taken during holidays with Caroline, look the lamps, the pull over of Caroline, Charlene or Albert, plus look the shirt of Albert. the photo is only taken under another angle that those which one saw
furst holidays :whistling:

Wow you have a great eye for detail and you are correct. That is where that photo was taken. So there are at present no photos of the private party.

Also as to the photos of the "castle", I do not think that is Albert's estate from the photos I have seen of it. It doesn't appear to be it at all. The estate was more of a chateau as opposed to a castle. It would be great is some of our photo wizards on this forum could post pictures of the estate if they have them so we could get a better idea.

Wow you have a great eye for detail and you are correct. That is where that photo was taken. So there are at present no photos of the private party.

Also as to the photos of the "castle", I do not think that is Albert's estate from the photos I have seen of it. It doesn't appear to be it at all. The estate was more of a chateau as opposed to a castle. It would be great is some of our photo wizards on this forum could post pictures of the estate if they have them so we could get a better idea.
There's a thread with them. I bumped the thread up.

Last edited:

It's the same photo that appears on this week's OGGI mag. It came out last Thursday. So this can't absolutely be a new photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom