Engagement of Prince Albert II to Miss Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she was invited to the wedding as a fiancee, now I can understand why she was next to Mary and Frederick in the church.

You are right. IMO they announced it after the wedding to avoid a very strong pressure on her first official appearance. Clever.:cool:

Any date for the wedding??????

Maybe April 19th, anniversary of the wedding of Albert's parents??

I think that Caroline should regulate her matrimonial sityation BEFORE the wedding, as many protocollary points should arise!!

This is the real deal from the palace. The announcement is published on Monaco Telecom

23 juin 2010 - 12:23
Le Prince Albert II annonce ses fiançailles avec Charlène Wittstock
La nouvelle était attendue! C'est officiel, le Prince Albert II annonce ses fiançaillles avec Charlène Wittstock. L'apparition de la belle sud-Africaine lors du mariage de la Princesse Victoria de Suède avait déjà nourri les rumeurs. C'est maintenant fait, le communiqué en provenance du Palais en atteste.

Par B.Ulrich

Le Palais princier a annoncé mercredi 23 juin 2010 les fiançailles de S.A.S. le Prince Albert II de Monaco avec Mademoiselle Charlène Wittstock.

S.A.S. le Prince Albert, Alexandre, Louis, Pierre, Prince Souverain de Monaco, Marquis des Baux, est né le 14 mars 1958.

Son Altesse est le fils du Prince Rainier III, Louis Henri-Maxence-Bertrand (31 mai 1923-6 avril 2005) et de la Princesse Grace, née Kelly, (12 novembre 1929 – 14 septembre 1982).

S.A.S le Prince Albert II a succédé à Son père, le Prince Rainier III le 12 juillet 2005.

Mademoiselle Charlène Lynette Wittstock de nationalité Sud-Africaine est née le 25 janvier 1978, à Bulawayo, au Zimbabwe. Avant d’arriver à Monaco, Mademoiselle Charlène Lynette Wittstock était éducatrice pour enfants.

Le Prince Albert II annonce ses fiançailles avec Charlène Wittstock
What is the rate of my astrological abilities to predict whether they will marry or not you asked on another forum when I predicted this almost three years ago now and I said a hefty percentage. You had said that you did not believe. I guess that is why you are offering the facts but not the grace of not offering felicitations and best wishes to te next Princess of Monaco -Charlene

I am soooooo happy for them! IMO it is about time! But CONGRATS to them! She has really grown into her role and I think she will represent Monaco beautifully, as she did at the Swedish royal wedding!

First I thought that it was a joke.... they seemed to be eternal "fiancee'- to-be" but eventually Albert did it! The new era for Monaco begins !

Finally a wedding in Monaco!!! Congratulations are in order! :flowers:

In the days leading to the wedding in Sweden I was actually thinking about whether Prince Albert will marry at all and what is the situation in Monaco. He seemed in a very good mood in the wedding and that coupled with the fact he was there with Charlene was a good sign. I see he has chosen a slightly melancholic looking blonde, like his mother was... I hope they will become very happy together and I hope to see the bride smiling a lot at their wedding. I haven't seen her smile yet but I guess she is a bit nervous about all the attention.

I cannot reach the official site of the Princely Family of Monaco but hopefully soon we'll get more information.

I also wondered why Charlene was seated behind Albert and next to the Crown Prince & Princess of Denamrk in the church - a "high" seat assignment for just a girlfriend! It's about time they get engaged. Much congrats to them.

I just knew there was an engagement coming up when Albert and Charlene attended Victoria's wedding together! Congrats to the couple! :flowers:

I see he has chosen a slightly melancholic looking blonde, like his mother was... .

Princess Grace was an extremely luminous person, not melancholic looking at all! She captivated the light!

I hope to see the bride smiling a lot at their wedding. I haven't seen her smile yet but I guess she is a bit nervous about all the attention..

Charlene was always a bit sad, but it was normal, after all these years she has been waiting!!!!!!!
But I think she will be very happy and smiling now!:p

Really great news. Congratulations en great photo of the couple

do you think its somehow pressure since they havent set a date yet? do you think its just an engagement to shut people up?

Finally! I am so happy... I thought it must have come...

:previous: It's quite normal that there isn't set a date right after engagement.
The date of Victoria's wedding was also announced some time after the engagement was announced. The same goes for Prince Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik.

Somehow I will never feel something honest about this relationship, only considerations. Its like Albert got the stick from the royal society about how outragerous it was to bring his girlfriend along and this is his reaction. It was overdue.

Charlene has transformed so much from her early days until now (of course its speculation but its difficult to deny a new nose and a much bigger bust) that I cant find something natural about her anymore. If this is the price she finally had to pay, well, good luck.

Besides, this is only the engagement. We all know how long Albert paraded Charlene around as something between nobody and companion, I wonder how many years he'll now drag her along as fiancee.

I will only believe that these two will be married the moment Albert will take his vows, we only need to look to Sweden that engagements can be broken, especially when no wedding date has been set.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...bert-marry-girlfriend-Charlene-Wittstock.html

I think they are both ready and now is the time after four years. The royals don't seem to always announce the date at the same time as the engagement.

Did you see Albert singing "I can´t help falling in love" with whole his heart at the concert before Victoria´s and Daniel´s wedding?
Maybe the romantic weekend gave Albert courage to the decision. Great, another royal wedding to come, though it can´t be as lovely as the swedish one, at least to me ...
But congratulations to the couple!

Lovely like the Swedish not, but elegant! :flowers:

Protocol demands that they don't. They must leave at least six months between announcing their engagement and their wedding day. Which effectively rules out any chance of Charlene being pregnant, as I've heard others say. Though the Grimaldis have never been sticklers for protocol. ;)

Protocol demands that they don't. They must leave at least six months between announcing their engagement and their wedding day. Which effectively rules out any chance of Charlene being pregnant, as I've heard others say. Though the Grimaldis have never been sticklers for protocol. ;)

Grimaldi's are champions to be pregnant before wedding!!!:ROFLMAO:

Congrats to the happy couple. Just saw it on the news in the U.S.

What is the rate of my astrological abilities to predict whether they will marry or not you asked on another forum when I predicted this almost three years ago now and I said a hefty percentage. You had said that you did not believe. I guess that is why you are offering the facts but not the grace of not offering felicitations and best wishes to te next Princess of Monaco -Charlene
Whatever name that you want me to refer you by, you are correct that you "predicted" a marriage between Albert and Charlene on another forum (you and a whole lot of other posters here who first saw them together). Also, do you recall the other prediction that you made if Albert married Charlene? It's too bleak for me to post here. For your benefit, I will admit that I was wrong because I emphatically claimed that these two will NEVER marry. I always felt that Albert just wasn't in love with Charlene - and I still feel the same way. Just this weekend I think we all got a chance to experience what true love look like. I have never seen that look or behavior with these two. In addition, call me old fashion, a prude, or a fuddy dutty, but I grew up an era and culture where women had more dignity and respect for themselves. They wouldn't feel the need to drastically alter their features to fit a perceived standard of beauty. The women that I was raised by and associated with would never marry any man who disrespected them and couldn't be faithful to them.

If am allowed to say this here, I feel no grace whatsoever to offer congratulations or best wishes to such a union. I give credit where credit is due and congratulate Charlene's determination, confidence and competitiveness. I feel sorry for the monarchy of Monaco. For what I've seen, this is not a relationship based on loyalty and fidelity. Everyone woman is not like Princess Madeleine of Sweden, thus some women have different standards and will tolerate more because of less livelihood options. So no, I have no desire to follow the pack. I respect the facts and I posted the facts by posting the announcement. And, I will remain to my belief that in time the truth will reveal itself. Obviously, for the posters here the truth has culminated in an announcement of marriage which is a glorious moment for them.

Please Jaya, no need to gloat and pull up every post from those who feel like me. I will not post anything more about this and spoil posters joy. So, everyone can continue with their congratulations and best wishes and start the anticipation of all the wedding details.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE Lovely Couple.

Prince Albert well done. Congratulations Pr. Albert & Charlene Wittstock.

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Finaly:)
that's great news congratulation for both.
any idea about the date of the wedding?

Yes it is a new era for Monaco... a happier one I hope !

Congrats to the couple! i knew something was going to happen after she attended Victoria's wedding with Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom