Albert II, Charlene & Family on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
:previous:THANK YOU!!

That is an issue of PdV that I will definitely be purchasing.;)

I’m not keen on this cover for some reason.

:previous:

I see what you mean, but neverthless I like these sporty images much much better than the ones taken for the My World Class magazine last year. The more natural look with reduced makeup and the more natural, relaxed posing looks nicer in my eyes.

:previous:

Beautiful photos, many great looks for Charlene! Thanks a lot for sharing your finding!

Well done, melina p, this is a great find! Beautiful pictures, I especially like her in the white outfits. This article and video are about the preparations for the shoot: the venue, the team, the outfits and accessories. They also mention P Charlene was accompanied by a bluelight brigade ( police with flashing blue lights on their vehicles) to the venue. Normally only done for politicians, so clearly she was regarded as a VVIP!

I do prefer photos of her looking cheerful and alert, rather than drawn or pensive. :)

Melina, thanks for sharing these wonderful photos of our beloved Charlene. I totally agree with Valerie Rose; she looks better when she is smiling!

Is the magazine written in Afrikaans? I wonder if PC can speak Afrikaans and if she can she would probably speak and understand Dutch quite well too. I've seen the actress Charlize Theron on YouTube speaking to Dutch reporters in Dutch because of her knowledge of Afrikaans and she comes from Benoni just like PC and is around the same age as her.

Is the magazine written in Afrikaans? I wonder if PC can speak Afrikaans and if she can she would probably speak and understand Dutch quite well too. I've seen the actress Charlize Theron on YouTube speaking to Dutch reporters in Dutch because of her knowledge of Afrikaans and she comes from Benoni just like PC and is around the same age as her.

Yes, “Rooi Rose” is an Afrikaans women’s magazine, and indeed, PC is fluent in Afrikaans. The language has its roots in Dutch, hence it’s relatively easy for respective speakers to understand each other. Neither PC nor Charlize Theron speak pure Dutch though.

Albert II, Charlene & Family on Magazine Covers

To be more precise, Afrikaans is very close to Flemish. Afrikaans and Dutch speakers can usually understand one another and can follow the written form with ease, but it is far more difficult to speak proper Dutch if you are Afrikaans and vice versa. Afrikaans has also been influenced by a variety of other languages such as French, German, English and the various indigenous languages eg isiXhosa, Khoi and isiZulu. Afrikaans is one of 11 official languages in SA.

Charlize Theron was raised in Afrikaans. P Charlene, on the other hand, spent her first years in Zimbabwe, was raised in English and was probably only introduced to Afrikaans when she moved to SA with her parents. I have never heard her speak Afrikaans, so I am careful to offer an opinion as to her fluency in the language.

Duke of marmalade's post above is a repeat of melina premiere's earlier post.

Last edited:
^^^previous

You decide...wikipedia ... Or a speaker and student of the Afrikaans language.

^^^previous

You decide...wikipedia ... Or a speaker and student of the Afrikaans language.

I am native dutch, work with belgian co workers and hear Afrikaans on tv; i assure you dutch and flemish are quite similar and Afrikaans is different to both

But ofcourse you are more than welcome to disagree :flowers:

I am sure you will agree this is certainly not the correct platform/thread to enter into a debate about the Afrikaans language. It is, however, widely accepted that Afrikaans has its roots in the Dutch and Flemish languages.

What happened to her cheek in the bottom left photo?
The way the fillers have settled, heavy handed blusher and the lighting for that particular photo. She looks more natural in some photos than others.

To day , Point de Vue publisged an interview of Princess Charlene

https://magazine-presse.sfr.fr/catalog/point-de-vue

the ti tle
Almosr ar rhe 7 years weedinf birthday

U am so pride about mu husband

Cgarlene speaks about her foundation , her role as ^rincess of Monaco, her couple with Albert couple and also about her children

To day , Point de Vue publisged an interview of Princess Charlene

https://magazine-presse.sfr.fr/catalog/point-de-vue

the ti tle
Almosr ar rhe 7 years weedinf birthday

U am so pride about mu husband

Cgarlene speaks about her foundation , her role as ^rincess of Monaco, her couple with Albert couple and also about her children

Could we get some details from the interview? I can't speak French I'm afraid

I love how Charlene describes the twins...Jacques is the love of Gabriella's life...they sometimes consult one another and decide if they will obey...they allow no one to interfere or break their bond...not even their parents.

Too adorable!:lol:?

Jacques has definitely outgrown his toddler looks.

Jacques is big for his age and has apparently inherited the height of his maternal family. I love his haircut.

That cover photo of the twins is so beautiful and adorable!:smile

P Jacques is already a stunner! Already tall and that steady gaze. And P Gabriella reminds me of a porcelain doll, so pretty.

Beautiful children captured in a perfect moment...

Back
Top Bottom