Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is also trying to keep the vista of MC young by appearing youthful himself (erego dating a younger woman).
R.:flowers:
Actually some years ago he made a statement that he felt people could understand why he dated younger woman than an old so in so and the old so in so was his words. He prefers the plums over prunes. Maybe some day he'll look in the mirror and realize he's in that crowd himself. He's an old so in so.

Hee hee !

Actually some years ago he made a statement that he felt people could understand why he dated younger woman than an old so in so and the old so in so was his words. He prefers the plums over prunes. Maybe some day he'll look in the mirror and realize he's in that crowd himself. He's an old so in so.

You are too funny!

His midlife goals perhaps? To stay forever young?

R.

The owner of an Italian restaurant that Albert and Charlene attend in Monaco, interviewed by the Italian tv during Albert's birthday celebrations, said that Charlene asked him to teach her how to cook pasta, and that she just speaks English, no French at all. I think it's safe to assume she is living in Monaco and she has not been studying French for years (as reported by some tabloids or "inside sources" in the past).

ouahhhh that Paris Match affirmed that Charlene could cook:whistling: and learn french,:bang:... the first dish that a teenager can do is to make cook pastes!!:lol: SO... if she doesn't cook, if she doesn't learn french, thus she isn't informed by the archbishop...:lol::lol:

Last edited:
If it turns out to be CW, then so be it. It's his life. But I don't get the feeling of intelligence and future marital comfort when I see pics of them together. It's more like he is just enjoying himself and is enjoying building his public profile since his father's death. I think he is also trying to keep the vista of MC young by appearing youthful himself (erego dating a younger woman).

:D I'm afraid that appearance is in his own mind, I do not know why men are under this impression? It actually gives the appearance that Albert is insecure and uncomfortable in the company of someone who might be more interesting and challenging? Plus I can think of a lot of women younger than Charlene with twice the maturity if I was able to believe the scenerio above. Trust me, Charlene does not make Albert appear more youthfu l:rolleyes:, she makes him appear just like other men who are not secure with themselves, when they reach a certain age? I do not think the PR Charlene brings is positve, or nor has she been a positive reflection on Albert in anyway, regardless if he believes this.

I understand that he THINKS having a woman (girlfriend) will keep chatter or matchmakers at bay, but I think this is a wrong approach. Albert hasn't created an image or situation that a smart woman would be eager to step into. I think Albert's dating experience is limited to a certain kind of woman, and he is still using those same dating tactics that only attract one type? I guess since Charlene is already on the scene and the damage is already done, it makes no sense to exchange her for another just like her? Albert seems to have done that many times over by now, but when or if he ever meets someone hopefully a little different, she is not going to be interested in starting a relationship with Albert untill he get's some distance from the relationship he is already in? He needs to go it alone for awhile, who cares if people speculate, they have been doing nothing but that for the past two years?

I visit France because I like France, not because I care a thing about Sarkozy's relationship. The relationship certainly has done more damage to France's image than it's helped! Sarkozy's situation is a good example, I don't think the problem so much is Carla, as it is the way these two handled the relationship in the first place, especially on the heels of Sarkozy's recent divorce, and the way they exploited the relationship in the press :rolleyes:. The public is well versed by now and know when they are trying to be sold something that they don't really care much about in the first place. Sarkozy and Carla did much to give the idea and appearance that they are both self involved and arrogant and that is an image they will have to play down or no one well take them seriously? Hence the Sotheby's move:D You think it's partially a reaction to Sarkozy's arrogance, his cutting his trip short, maybe someone's way of taking him down a peg? Who knows?

In Albert's case he often "looks" like he has brought his wayward daughter along, I have a feeling he often feels that way:D. Albert looks younger and more vibrant in his appearances alone. Charlene's company only reflects the obvious difference in their age? But, Albert is not the first man to be under the impression that a younger woman will restore his youth:rolleyes:. For example, I have a feeling Paul may feel that his much younger wife Heather, only served to age him during the years she was in his life? I'm sure he had the same idea as Albert in the beginning:rolleyes:. I have to say the older men get, after 40, the creepier they look trying to date young girls, I'm sorry but this is the reality! No one wants Albert to date someone dull, but I can't say Charlene is very exciting or interesting (IMO)? Youth is not necessarily chronological, it's in one's way of thinking.

I agree Monaco could use a fresh infusion of something -- I think I once described it as a bit like Gucci before Tom Ford. Monaco's image is a little tired perhaps, partly as a victim of it's own success and wealth, which other places like it have suffered as well? New and fresh ideas is what Monaco needs and I think Albert is doing a good job there, when he and others are not distracted by his relationship with Charlene. I hope she doesn't contine to be the image of Monaco that he has ushered in since his reign, I don't think that is the kind of youth to cultivate much of an image on? Rosalee have you ever seen the show Arrested Development, do you see any similarites between these two womens' character besides the fact that they are both SA? :D Just curious, it took Michael's son to help clue him in!
Rosalee, I hope you continue to enjoy my sweet opinions -- Thanks for the kind words:flowers: Hope you have a great day too!

Last edited:
Hi everybody :flowers:

I saw on television in "50 minutes inside" an expert (Mrs. Rivière). She said that Charlène lived near the palace and she learns the french. Archbishop or someone else from the church (I just remember) spends a lot of time with charlène. A lady who knew Grace Kelly, also spent some time with charlène. It would be good advice for the protocol...
The show was produced after the anniversary of the prince.It seems to be prepared for a future role of princess.

Mr. Frederic Mitterand (it is he who has made a documentary on Grace Kelly : Grace Kelly, documentaire de Frédéric Mitterrand le 15/09 sur TF1 - Tvnews, actu de la télévision et des médias au quotidien...) thought that the prince to a plan. Albert He knows very well what he is doing.

Hi everybody :flowers:

I saw on television in "50 minutes inside" an expert (Mrs. Rivière). She said that Charlène lived near the palace and she learns the french. Archbishop or someone else from the church (I just remember) spends a lot of time with charlène. A lady who knew Grace Kelly, also spent some time with charlène. It would be good advice for the protocol...
The show was produced after the anniversary of the prince.It seems to be prepared for a future role of princess.

Mr. Frederic Mitterand (it is he who has made a documentary on Grace Kelly : Grace Kelly, documentaire de Frédéric Mitterrand le 15/09 sur TF1 - Tvnews, actu de la télévision et des médias au quotidien...) thought that the prince to a plan. Albert He knows very well what he is doing.
You are aware that the link you gave was last year?

Hello. :flowers:
I wish to inform you that I do not speak English very well. :ermm:I apologize.
The show "50 minutes inside" was produced and distributed on March, 2008. Mr Mitterrand and Mrs Rivière talked about Charlène and Albert and the anniversary of Albert. In the show we learn that Charlène is in the process of learning the french ...

(The link that I gave in my previous message concerns a former documentary directed by Mr mitterrand. It was just for illustrative purposes. :ermm: I did not know if you know or not Frederic Mitterand. That is why I gave this link. For that you know who I am talking about.)

Cliché

:D I'm afraid that appearance is in his own mind, I do not know why men are under this impression?

Hello everyone! I am new but wanted to interject here and suggest that in this instance the cliché might have been inherited. If one looks at face value at the lifestyle in the Principality, the ratio of rich older men to readily available attractive younger women is shall we say healthier there than anywhere else! Is it possible that PA's education about women came mostly from older male figures and that he didn't quite have male friends of his standing and age to relate to, growing up, to go chasing girls with? Privilege can probably alienate in this respect and if, as someone else here suggested this is his first real adult relationship, the novelty of it would make him care less about appearances and more about savouring the newfound freedom in this ahem commitment. I believe whether they stay together or not, that he will look back on this time as groundlaying and will honour the memory.

Hello. :flowers:
I wish to inform you that I do not speak English very well. :ermm:I apologize.
The show "50 minutes inside" was produced and distributed on March, 2008. Mr Mitterrand and Mrs Rivière talked about Charlène and Albert and the anniversary of Albert. In the show we learn that Charlène is in the process of learning the french ...

(The link that I gave in my previous message concerns a former documentary directed by Mr mitterrand. It was just for illustrative purposes. :ermm: I did not know if you know or not Frederic Mitterand. That is why I gave this link. For that you know who I am talking about.)

Welcome! Don't worry about your English!! I am a bit confused. Was Frederic Metterand quoted as saying she is learning French or was that just another conjecture on the part of Mrs. Riviere? Could you tell us what they said about the private birthday party? Thanks!

Hello everyone! I am new but wanted to interject here and suggest that in this instance the cliché might have been inherited. If one looks at face value at the lifestyle in the Principality, the ratio of rich older men to readily available attractive younger women is shall we say healthier there than anywhere else! Is it possible that PA's education about women came mostly from older male figures and that he didn't quite have male friends of his standing and age to relate to, growing up, to go chasing girls with? Privilege can probably alienate in this respect and if, as someone else here suggested this is his first real adult relationship, the novelty of it would make him care less about appearances and more about savouring the newfound freedom in this ahem commitment. I believe whether they stay together or not, that he will look back on this time as groundlaying and will honour the memory.[/
He wasn't allowed to take dates to funcations once he began dating, I think that was 16. Basically Rainier controlled who he dated. The exception was when he was in college. You would be correct in saying this is his first grown up relationship. It's already been posted that Rainier didn't approve of Charlene mainly because she talked to the press about their first date.

... Just another conjecture of Mrs Rivière :rolleyes:

About private birthday :
According to government sources, a private birthday party was scheduled to take place at the castle of Marchais, a residence of the Grimaldi family in the Aisne.

About Albert and Charlène relationship :
During his birthday he said "Whole family is not here because it is preparing a feast to be held later."
It explains the absence of Charlène. He sees herself as a family member.

This declaration is really strange. I have doubts about their future. So ... for me this is a serious relationship. But why does the prince is not an announcement about their relationship? It should set a date if it is really serious.

kisses and good night

Last edited:
Psych I do not think it is a serious relationship that is why he has not set a date. I think that Albert is afraid of commitment and would like to live his life as carefree as he possibly can.

Psych I do not think it is a serious relationship that is why he has not set a date. I think that Albert is afraid of commitment and would like to live his life as carefree as he possibly can.

Thanks for your answer :flowers:
I have read other articles on the web about 50 years Albert. I had not realized :bang: that Princess Caroline was absent on the anniversary. Charlène and Caroline were both absent. Perhaps, the prince was referring to her sister Caroline and no Charlène when he talk about his "family".

The owner of an Italian restaurant that Albert and Charlene attend in Monaco, interviewed by the Italian tv during Albert's birthday celebrations, said that Charlene asked him to teach her how to cook pasta, and that she just speaks English, no French at all. I think it's safe to assume she is living in Monaco and she has not been studying French for years (as reported by some tabloids or "inside sources" in the past).

Why need a chef to teach her how to cook pasta???

I had a friend who learned to make chicken corn soup in Kinshasa just because her husband missed the taste of it from back home. Another friend learned to make marinara from a restaurant in Switzerland from a chef who served them on their honeymoon. CW is, after all, a woman. No matter how privileged at this time, and might want to be able to make a dinner for her partner which he REALLY likes!?

I don't believe Charlene was present for any part of the public or family parties on PA's 50th Birthday. She does not appear in ANY of the published photographs, or the media. Some speculation was that she and her family "said too much".

No one has heard anything about her since last week. I think everyone is waiting to see whether or not she appears on the 29th for the Ball. She always lays low and then re-appears in an amazing gown at a giant event.

Let's see!

R.

July ...
Although very warm at that time, it seems this is the month which something is being planned for.
We have friends in Monaco who say there are municipal "changes" and clean-ups which are
scheduled for that month which are not normal.
R.
Those municipal changes have nothing to do with wedding, and it's nothing else than usual.

He wasn't allowed to take dates to funcations once he began dating, I think that was 16. Basically Rainier controlled who he dated. The exception was when he was in college. You would be correct in saying this is his first grown up relationship. It's already been posted that Rainier didn't approve of Charlene mainly because she talked to the press about their first date.

Please help me here, how could this POSSIBLY be his first "grown up" relationship. I guess I don't know what grown up means. To me being legal age, free to choose his dates on his own, h aving his own money source. Free to cohabitate, thus creating a new life. Not being able to present his dates in his father's court, trust me, didn't prohibit him. (As in E.A. was conceived after supposedly it had been forbidden.) Please.

And making a comment like "some so and so" isn't grown u p old-man-type hostile language? ? ( And I suspect he was restricting himself from using the u-know-what word.) Any old Joe in the back pubs of Europe or the alleys of the USA can talk like that. So unfortunate. Born, reared and still living in a golden pink castle. How in the world can y ou get that angry?

And just think some of y ou folks disporportionately abused, as in 2005/and still abuse these young women who are 15 to 20 years younger than he . And about the plum thing--these are the plums who he impresses, and pursues.

And look what happens when he is done with the plums--true colors come flying through. Is that not so? They get morphed and attituded into some real bad prunes. Unless they have get some chutzpah finally for themselves.

And making a comment like "some so and so" isn't grown u p old-man-type hostile language? ? ( And I suspect he was restricting himself from using the u-know-what word.) Any old Joe in the back pubs of Europe or the alleys of the USA can talk like that. So unfortunate. Born, reared and still living in a golden pink castle. How in the world can y ou get that angry? .
You apparently didn't get my sense of humor the way you responded and came across to me as angry for repeating his own words of an "old so in so." In fact your whole response seemed like you were angry. A dried up old prune is an expression used in the States for an older person and a prune is an older fruit of the plum which is solid and juicy like a younger person. We also have the term an old raisin to describe an older person as well.

Last edited:
The re-education of Albert

:D I'm afraid that appearance is in his own mind, I do not know why men are under this impression?

Hello everyone! I am new but wanted to interject here and suggest that in this instance the cliché might have been inherited. If one looks at face value at the lifestyle in the Principality, the ratio of rich older men to readily available attractive younger women is shall we say healthier there than anywhere else! Is it possible that PA's education about women came mostly from older male figures and that he didn't quite have male friends of his standing and age to relate to, growing up, to go chasing girls with? Privilege can probably alienate in this respect and if, as someone else here suggested this is his first real adult relationship, the novelty of it would make him care less about appearances and more about savouring the newfound freedom in this ahem commitment. I believe whether they stay together or not, that he will look back on this time as groundlaying and will honour the memory.

Welcome Lozange:flowers:

Thanks for your insight, I have always suspected much the same thing, that Albert's experience was probably a little different than others, I assumed he probably was more isolated to some extent. So, that is why so many women here have stepped in to re-educate him.:) Also I think Albert has a sweet nature and would like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when first meeting someone. I think perhaps he did not have anyone thoroughly explain to him just how much of a target he really was/is, and the need for him to be extra extra careful. All this coupled with him being kind and good natured has left him more vulnerable maybe? He should take heed though of his sister's impressions because women often understand and see what men do not see (or wish not to see). (IMO) Albert's sisters probably more than anyone would have Albert's best interest at heart, they would be the last ones (IMO) that would want to deny him anything especially love. Sometimes it's easier for someone who is not emotionally involved to see what the true nature of a person or a relationship is. Perhaps it's because women have had to navigate through life differently than men, that it is easier for them to see another person's agenda? Or perhaps it's just a woman's instinct? I don't know which, but even in business men often seem to miss what women don't, and are often caught off guard?

I do think the tide has turned somewhat and men who are a little younger do not see women like they once did. It seems they are less interested in young women that are just learning how to use the fact that they are women and can easily rely on that alone and are still into playing that game. Women a little older are beyond it and I think that they are more confident and because they know who they are and what they want and need, they seem to attract younger men who are looking for something different than the men that came before them (I'm not complaining;)). There just seems to be more equity in these relationships and the lack of that is usually where relationships fail. It's hard to love someone that you can't respect or that doesn't respect you and are just interested in you as an accoutrement to their own lives?

"the ratio of rich older men to readily available attractive younger women is shall we say healthier there than anywhere else!"

I think you did a good job of explaining my point here, although the word healthier is interesting choice of words? That sentence really shows just how objectified the idea of a woman can be or the situation in general? This is a business deal not an intimate relationship between two people? No matter how much each person in a relationship like this tries to squeeze something emotional out of it, the truth is, aside from having a few fond feeling towards the other person, it is a relationship about one's self and not about sharing compassion or empathy towards anyone else? It's a relationship that feeds one's ego not one's heart!

Last edited:
:flowers:
... the truth is, aside from having a few fond feeling towards the other person, it is a relationship about one's self and not about sharing compassion or empathy towards anyone else? It's a relationship that feeds one's ego not one's heart!

Maybe this relationship will help him identify the woman who will REALLY be the soulmate he longs for. I don't think he is shallow enough to grow old alone married to the wrong woman? And I think CW would have gained enough from him to move on successfully.

:flowers:Rosalee, I don't doubt either statement! In fact I almost included the same remark in my own post.:)

Sandwiched

Thanks for the welcome, by the way :)

To be a brother to two sisters who today have a strained relationship and to keep a balance so as to not show too much favour to either must be, in my eyes, added pressure that he shuns in favour of someone as perhaps unsophisticated (and I mean that politically) as his current girlfriend. Stephanie looks perpetually wounded. Caroline took the high road and became her mother. PA lost his mother too, but somehow it has brought out animosity in the women and with that, another layer of responsibility for him to not let them tear at each other in their grief. So, while yes, women make better judges of another woman's cupidity, I wonder if he can really rely on his sisters' judgment at the moment when he himself is torn between the two. Under the best of circumstances, they would surely rally for his happiness and advise him well. But in my opinion, the sisters are not yet again capable of putting their emotions aside to lend him support in his quest for happiness. He's too busy channelling his energies at what I feel is holding the family together however haphazardly. Just a thought.

Thanks for the welcome, by the way

To be a brother to two sisters who today have a strained relationship and to keep a balance so as to not show too much favour to either must be, in my eyes, added pressure that he shuns in favour of someone as perhaps unsophisticated (and I mean that politically) as his current girlfriend. Stephanie looks perpetually wounded. Caroline took the high road and became her mother. PA lost his mother too, but somehow it has brought out animosity in the women and with that, another layer of responsibility for him to not let them tear at each other in their grief. So, while yes, women make better judges of another woman's cupidity, I wonder if he can really rely on his sisters' judgment at the moment when he himself is torn between the two. Under the best of circumstances, they would surely rally for his happiness and advise him well. But in my opinion, the sisters are not yet again capable of putting their emotions aside to lend him support in his quest or happiness. He's too busy channelling his energies at what I feel is holding the family together however haphazardly. Just a thought.

I expected I might get that response:D. Well, without being self involved here, all I can say is, I understand it and know it firsthand myself:sad: - both issues! So, I can say, the stress between themselves would not prevent them from both being able to offer advice on "cupidity":rolleyes::D -- their good opinions and judgement, and not just regarding relationships? As I said regardless of decisions they may have made in their own lives, when you're not emotionally envolved yourself, it is much easier to be more objective? Isn't that why all of us here are able to offer up our expert advice!:lol: I can see the toll the stress between the two would add to everything Albert has on his plate, perhaps that is why he takes solice in something easy, however I believe that is where the real stress would be in the end, I think it might possibly be being disguised for something else at the moment?:rolleyes::D Perhaps Albert might find someone that might help unite them all, although the sisters do seem united already, perhaps on one issue?;) Maybe the experience has not been for nothing? It's a start!:D Anyway, Lozange I like your posts!:flowers:

Deaf ears

Good point, Sandsla. Maybe I'm overreading into the sisters but ultimately, what if PA doesn't heed their advice by virtue of the fact that their objectivity doesn't convince him? Cupidity might not be the right word here too.

Thanks, I'm flattered you like my posts :blush:

Good point, Sandsla. Maybe I'm overreading into the sisters but ultimately, what if PA doesn't heed their advice by virtue of the fact that their objectivity doesn't convince him? Cupidity might not be the right word here too.

I too enjoyed reading your posts and in fact the whole exchange with Sandsla was very enjoyable to read. You bring an interesting point of view to the forum. Welcome!!

Thanks Hibou!

I just want to add that while there is something Svengali-esque about the relationship, like Rosalee mentioned, it's been mutually rewarding no doubt. My guess is that, judging from her background, her expectations are not high, as a competing athlete, she's also cognizant of the odds and ultimately, she will have built a nest egg from not splurging on herself and be the wiser if and when this all ends. Sidetracking to the much criticized first interview about their first date, it just shows on the one hand the coarse pride that she would have been singled out among them, probably justifiably so.. I mean, there haven't been any scandal about former loves etc. I don't think it was intended maliciously but just as a boastful kind of pride.

Thanks Hibou!

I just want to add that while there is something Svengali-esque about the relationship, like Rosalee mentioned, it's been mutually rewarding no doubt. My guess is that, judging from her background, her expectations are not high, as a competing athlete, she's also cognizant of the odds and ultimately, she will have built a nest egg from not splurging on herself and be the wiser if and when this all ends. Sidetracking to the much criticized first interview about their first date, it just shows on the one hand the coarse pride that she would have been singled out among them, probably justifiably so.. I mean, there haven't been any scandal about former loves etc. I don't think it was intended maliciously but just as a boastful kind of pride.

I think most of us were all to willing to forgive her early comments at Turin and her first Paris Match interview as ill-advised, but it's been the continued blabbing and leaking (as confirmed recently by the Bunte reporter) that shows many of us that she doesn't learn and makes us question her motives. If she is in fact getting a stipend from Albert I do hope she is tucking some of it away for a rainy day which may or may not come. There has of course been scandal from past lovers, two of which have children and a third Stevie Parker ? blabbed in one of those unauthorized biographies. Others sought out the press like Tasha etc. So in the end he has been betrayed on more than a few occasions. I think in the beginning me may have thought things would work out with Charlene, but now even if he does marry it's not been well orchestrated in terms of her PR as a result of her leaks and blabbing. JMO

Noted, but I was referring to her former loves. I'm new at analyzing this whole thing but she doesn't seem marred by scandal in her past love life. The stipend I'm not sure if I read about here or somewhere else but it's something like 40 000 euros a month, but don't quote me.. I'll try to find where I got that. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble with the moderator...

Noted, but I was referring to her former loves. I'm new at analyzing this whole thing but she doesn't seem marred by scandal in her past love life. The stipend I'm not sure if I read about here or somewhere else but it's something like 40 000 euros a month, but don't quote me.. I'll try to find where I got that. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble with the moderator...
That's the figure I posted the article a few pages back.

Lozange,

I think he could very well be joining an exbeetle while nursing his sorrows away:D. But Albert is also an athlete, he too can probably figure out the odds;). I'm sure like most men, much advice will fall on deaf ears. Sometimes I think it's just a matter of ego with them and it doesn't matter which side one takes or what advice one gives, some men would prefer to suffer in the end than consider anyone elses advice or admit to being wrong? That has been my experience anyway? Albert's a big boy, I'm sure he'll take full responsibility whatever happens?;)

I do agree that the first interview of Charlene was just boastful pride, but that is very telling and doesn't make it any better in my book. It was still disrespectful to the other person involved and showed that she was willing to exploit the situation for her own benefit (IMO). Plus it's juvenile. Was that your post?:ermm:

Actually I thought while perhaps a bit condescending the word "cupidity" was pretty funny!:D I might actually steal it if you don't mind.:D:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom