Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, whether or not she attends the ball is not what caught my eye. What caught my eye is the fact that Albert has never met her parents (according to her Mother). They have only talked on the phone. How odd is that, and here we have Harry spending Easter holiday with Chelsy's family and these two are a long way off from getting married. Just an interesting comparison. Makes me wonder how serious or not Albert is about Charlene. Also Alicia Warlick disappeared too after the palace denied there would be a marriage. So we will just have to wait and see.

The lack of present CW activity might be because she is preparing for a rather large announcement next week? They would have to keep things low and let her get prepared and maybe her parents & siblings will finally be coming up in the mean time to legitimize all of this mess? Or PA has gotten a bit upset at ALL the attention she is getting and how much it is overriding everyone else in his family including himself? To NOT have had her at his side on his birthday ... well, as a couple .. that's harsh? Maybe she is really JUST a girlfriend?

PC hugged Alicia Warlick on a few occasions too, I remember. It obviously doesn't seal the deal?

R.

Last edited:
Or PA has gotten a bit upset at ALL the attention she is getting and how much it is overriding everyone else in his family including himself?
If it took him more than two years to realise that's he's being upstaged left, right and center by Charlene... Then he must be really slow on the uptake or living in a world of his own far away from reality. JMO.

BTW, before everyone gets his or her hopes up: Charlene has IIRC never attended a Rose Ball before, not in 2006 and not in 2007. IMO a tradition well worth keeping, but that's just me. On the other hand, now she and Caroline are best buddies, maybe Charlene will be the belle of the ball this year? :cool: <- Lagerfeld smiley... :D

It's my hope he's learned something by having the Palace make an official denial announcement since everyone including the press kept ignoring his own words that he had no long term plans with her they are having fun together. She is upstaging every member of the family. He's added fuel to the fire of marriage by taking her with him places instead of keeping her in his private life he's wanted to protect. You can't protect anything by being public with it. I'm sorry reading the last few posts of hopes are an example of ignoring what was said. Give him some air as he told reporters while in Germany who were asking about Charlene.

I'm going to add it seems unlikely to happen so fast on the heels of a denial IMO.

Last edited:
Is Prince Albert playing hide and seek with Charlene again? Ou est Charlene? Not bringing her to the Monaco Aids Gala has me wondering if there is trouble in paradise or he is just trying to cool off the media. Remember how she went away during National Day and came back with a breast enhancement? If she is not at the Rose Ball, then something is wrong. There are many celebrity couples who have chosen not to marry, but have children anyway. However, I don't think Prince Albert is in this type of position. He is not in any obligation to marry, but if he wants to have a legitimate heir to his throne, then he must and the sooner the better. I don't want to jump to conclusions right now because Charlene has disappeared and appeared before. I am a romantic and I was just hoping Prince Albert would take the plunge into marriage and create a family with Charlene whom he seems to be happy with. He is looking so good lately that I just thought his relationship with Charlene was suiting him quite nicely. He needs a wife by his side. Maybe he is not worried about having a legitimate heir. Maybe we are too concerned with him when he is not because he seems to be having a good time. He looked so handsome at the aids gala with his jeans and sneakers. I know he has a generous heart and is truly concerned about the environment and the refugees in Sudan, supporting Princess Stephanie in her fight against aids and more. But not having a family of his own with him is sad to me. We will see next weekend if Charlene attends the ball, I hope so.

As another poster said above, Charlene has never attended the Rose Ball if she doesn't attend it means nothing, if she does it also means nothing! But I think all her efforts to garner publicity for herself (has anyone visited the wikipedia site lately) certainly gives some insight into her character and where her interest is. It does not seem to be with Albert, but only what Albert can provide for Charlene. (IMO) There are many post here that echo that sentiment as well? That doesn't sound like any kind of fairytale romance to me? The idea that Albert would want another illegitimate child is frightening -- I hope you are not suggesting the Charlene has such low character that she might try to pull something like this? I'm sure she would be smart enough to know she would be one of the most despised woman ever if she did this? There is no need for Albert to worry about an heir, this has already been taken care of and there are plenty of alternatives so he doesn't need to ruin the rest of his life with a bad marriage. And if he was going to marry for just the reason of having an heir he would have done it along time ago, don't you think? I think he would prefer to takes his chances as a single man and wait for the woman he is truly in love with and one that is truely in love with him! (IMO) I believe THAT IS WHAT HE IS WAITING FOR!

Last edited:
Is it me or does Charlene disappear when she is not invited/planning to attend an event? I thought she was at the Rose Ball in '07. Didn't she wear the green mermaid dress? I'll have to check the archives.

Is it me or does Charlene disappear when she is not invited/planning to attend an event? I thought she was at the Rose Ball in '07. Didn't she wear the green mermaid dress? I'll have to check the archives.

Pink, she wore the mermaid dress at the August Red Cross Ball the first time she attended.

Every time you guys get all whatever this is about CW's absence or presence--Voila, Enter Charlene.

I think PA needs a break from the constant daily peeping. I can see that possibly he says wild things just to heckle you. I hope he doesn't read this (or anyone near him).

Tiresome. He is a human being. I know this won't help but I'm saying it. Enjoy your spring and life.

And I would venture to say Albert is going to always have his own--whatevers, joys, fun, company. And not very much alone,I'm sure.

she was never invited in the ball of Rose, only the red ball of cross!

Someone mentioned Charlene and Caroline hugging. Can anyone point this photo out to me? I have not followed this "romance" for a while.

I think they are just taking another break.
If they WERE about to make any announcement .. they would want things to die down so that chatter would NOT eclipse an actual announcement.
They do this type of "die-down" all the time. She is getting more popular,
and then she is excluded for a while. Over and over again. I hope they
DO have plans to marry for her own sanity .. or where is her self-esteem
in all of this?

I noticed that when CPMary of Denmark was being courted by her husband ..
she was installed in a tax-paid flat and given a local job and appeared at one function after another without even ONE WORD to the public as to whether or not she would ever become a bride or not? The interesting difference is, though, that the public there seemed to love her more and more and they generally seemed to relish the thought of this smart, beautiful Aussie becoming their Queen and CPF's bride!?

Similar with CPMM of Norway.

But in CW's case, people seem to be liking her less and less and less and she seems to reveal that she has less and less and less to bring to the table as a person as a wife as a princess except that she keeps PA very happy?

And maybe that is all he wants from marriage, THAT happiness and nothing more. Maybe he wants to change the role of his wife to one where she is allowed to do whatever she wants on her own? His mother must have been worn out from everything over the years and maybe he did not like what he saw back then?

I still feel, from my own personal experiences in life, that he might be finding less and less in common with someone who has less education and experience than himself. Sometimes one can cut the tension in the photos where she is leaning in and smiling and he is moving away and grimacing? Body language means a LOT even if he generally has strong feelings for her and seems to be in love with her.

I think Princess Caroline is probably very warm and affable and would hug any girlfriend of PA's after two yrs, she expected the same respect in her life choices and gives that respect to her children, she would give it also to her brother. It's his life.

HAPPY EASTER ALL !!

-Rosalee-

Last edited:
I hope they DO have plans to marry for her own sanity .. or where is her self-esteem in all of this?

I noticed that when CPMary of Denmark was being courted by her husband ..
she was installed in a tax-paid flat and given a local job and appeared at one function after another without even ONE WORD to the public as to whether or not she would ever become a bride or not? The interesting difference is, though, that the public there seemed to love her more and more and they generally seemed to relish the thought of this smart, beautiful Aussie becoming their Queen and CPF's bride!?

Similar with CPMM of Norway.

But in CW's case, people seem to be liking her less and less and less and she seems to reveal that she has less and less and less to bring to the table as a person as a wife as a princess except that she keeps PA very happy?

And maybe that is all he wants from marriage, THAT happiness and nothing more. Maybe he wants to change the role of his wife to one where she is allowed to do whatever she wants on her own? His mother must have been worn out from everything over the years and maybe he did not like what he saw back then?

I still feel, from my own personal experiences in life, that he might be finding less and less in common with someone who has less education and experience than himself. Sometimes one can cut the tension in the photos where she is leaning in and smiling and he is moving away and grimacing? Body language means a LOT even if he generally has strong feelings for her and seems to be in love with her.

I think Princess Caroline is probably very warm and affable and would hug any girlfriend of PA's after two yrs, she expected the same respect in her life choices and gives that respect to her children, she would give it also to her brother. It's his life.

HAPPY EASTER ALL !!

-Rosalee-

One can only hope, but since Albert probably wants to feel like a young man (even though he is 50, he may be about as mature as a 25-30 year, you never know:eek: ), he might not really care much about any of those things, just the fun times.

imo, clearly an outsider looking in, Albert brings a truckload more of everything (that people can see at least) to the partnership table than she does. that's just my own opinion and my opinion certainly means nothing.

As he gets closer to 55-60, with her going around 35-40 then both of them, especially CW may start seeing that being with an old man is not so interesting anymore (if she is around that long). Maybe for her because of own her situation, the money & some social status will cancel out of all that differences in age and experience and education for a very long time (if and until he gets really bored and finds someone else around age 28-30). Money and status can buy a lot - if that is what one wants in life.

He may just only want some one right now who looks like he wants, strokes up his ego, a little bit feisty but not really much of a challenge intellectually (imo), and seems almost totally dependent on him for everything. Charlene seems to fit that bill at the moment.

That's probably the world he lives in (yuk). Who knows?? In the end, if he's happy with that and she's happy with that, then so be it.

JMO.:flowers:

Last edited:
I would think it would be hard to love someone or that a person could make me happy knowing that person's feelings were less than genuine about me and that I was only being used for the other person's own personal gain? I would think that most men would feel like a bit of a chump. Maybe it doesn't take much to make Albert very happy? Perhaps the similarites between the two are more than we imagine and therefore Albert doesn't mind that probably the most important person in his life might be....limited? Intellectual abilities or resourcefulness aside, a person's character is what would trouble me the most, if I was ever in doubt of it? But then I'm not a person who enjoys being manipulated, even less so publicly.

The family has invested more in CW than in any other woman before. He's single. His parents are gone. His sisters seem okay with it. CW is a tall, young, blonde who is funloving and goes with the tide. Might be enough for him. He has not done so well in finding anyone in 50 years, maybe he'll cut his losses and be able to put up with what he doesn't like in her and just do it this time? No, he doesn't need an heir, but I think he might want to actually father a child and raise it. It has to be an instinct inside him somewhere.

Let's see.

R.

God help him if he does that after all this time of looking for Mrs. Right.

I have to agree. It wouldn't make sense and it would make him look ridiculous. Perhaps he has set his standards high (hence the statement that his wife will have to resemble his Mother and I doubt he meant just in the looks department but her character as well) so why would he cut his loses and settle for someone just because he turned fifty?

The family has invested more in CW than in any other woman before. He's single. His parents are gone. His sisters seem okay with it. CW is a tall, young, blonde who is funloving and goes with the tide. Might be enough for him. He has not done so well in finding anyone in 50 years, maybe he'll cut his losses and be able to put up with what he doesn't like in her and just do it this time? No, he doesn't need an heir, but I think he might want to actually father a child and raise it. It has to be an instinct inside him somewhere.

Let's see.

R.

Yes! This is what I was afraid of when another poster said Allbert was the kind of guy that was just going with the flow. I know that term, but with a very different perspective. I was afraid however, this is exactly how they meant it. Your post seems to confirm this? I think people were hoping he wasn't the type of guy to settle for mediocrity? Some people just have no faith or perhaps Albert is as superficial as you suggest:As long as he has someone who is tall, young, blond, and he can father his own legitimate child, although you have already suggested in other posts that he has people who will probably do most of the raising? Maybe CW will be just the kind of women he wants to raise the next heir of Monaco? I think your post and my post suggest the same thing that Albert and Charlene are not so very different and there is more common ground here than we might have thought, I think Lillia's suggestion that perhaps Albert was a juvenile as Charlene may not be that far off the mark. You seem to suggest that they are both happy enough to just fulfill some superficial needs for each other and either really wish, need, or are looking for anything else in their lives? I suppose there are people who do not need anymore out of life than that, but it does make one wonder why someone like that would end up with Albert's lot in life? Good luck to them both and to the future of Monaco -- I think there will be no second chances here. (JMO, which of course doesn't mean a thing!) :bang: All this talk is making me sad today -- I think I better take a break from these boards and just leave it to others now. :)

Last edited:
Awww, Sandsla,
You should not be sad. These are simply conversations.
I think there is someone far more suitable for him out there.
Someone who would give him the feelings his mother had given
his father. Of comfort and integrity and trust and true joy. It
seems most days that he and Charlene are just "attending parties".
So has he found himself a pretty party-girl? This does not have a
good connotation in North America. Party Girl.

Maybe if all of us who believe he needs to focus on someone better
get our thoughts together in Buddhist style and focus hard enough,
he'll let this one go and find the better one!?

Either he un-invites CW from certain things and hides her, or tells
her she cannot come and she pouts and hides herself, just to re-
surface later on in time for the next event?

I think his 50th birthday is a HUGE thing to leave someone out of
even if they were NOT going to be married .. ever. If she is his
present girlfriend, then it is NOT up to the newspapers and the
public that he must hide her away .. it's up to him as a man and as a
monarch to include her. Does he actually think he is accommodating
the press or palace by hiding her from certain events and yet
flaunting her the rest of the time? Who's he helping by doing
things in this manner?

This time, if she does not surface again for a few weeks, it will
either mean they have BOTH had enough, or that she is actually
preparing for a marriage to him.

I noticed in the interview with her mother that the mom says
CW told the parents that although they have plans for marriage,
"they have not set the date yet, but they will be the first to know".

If the fact is that they just have not set the date yet, then that
means they are engaged? The mom did not say that they are not
engaged, but just that the date has not yet been firmed up.

I still think it's odd that he has not been chivalrous enough to meet
her family in person? So then, how serious is it? Protocol?

I think we all keep waiting for him to behave in the 1950's manner
his parents would have conducted themselves. With meeting the
parents, a short courtship and quick wedding, good media, great
planning for a future life together that the public can actually
see going on.

I think it almost hurts the people around him, country-wise, to
not really be sharing his delight in finding the woman he wants to
be with. I am sure it is something as ruling monarch his people would
want to be a part of. It's also their home and their vested country. I
watched some interviews on Biography surrounding "The Princesses
of Monaco" and people just live there and hope the monarch is
happy and solid. They seem to go about their business but they do
really care what is going on although they keep their opinions to them-
selves.

I guess there are more foreigners on this site than Monegasques.
We all seem to care more than they do?

Anyone seen Charlene with Albert lately? What are they up to now?

HAVE A HAPPY DAY, SANDSLA!

R.

Last edited:
I noticed in the interview with her mother that the mom says
CW told the parents that although they have plans for marriage,
"they have not set the date yet, but they will be the first to know".

If the fact is that they just have not set the date yet, then that
means they are engaged? The mom did not say that they are not
engaged, but just that the date has not yet been firmed up.
R.

Sorry, Rosalee, Charlene never said to her parents whom they only had a plan of marriage "that no date had been fixed for the marriage" it is left a door open to the speculations, to the rumours of preparation of marriage: Charlene is rather intelligent, computer to choose her words, her sentences... to say "that no date was fixed for the marriage" under hears "we envisaged to marry us but we do not know when" but that can just as easily say : Albert doesn't intend to marry me. As Charlene wants to marry at all costs (at the price of ridiculous, to have a label stuck on the back of C - G, of the being kind paid to be with a man who évertue to deny any engagement (palate denies), any bond (no long-term plan), any name (girl friend, promised in marriage, partner...) bus until now Albert didn't say anything in this direction quite to the contrary :w00t2:he shouts (howls) high and strong: "I any long-term plan with Miss Charlene Wittstock, I am always unmarried, I will marry when I would have decided it..." refuses to answer the question "Miss Wittstock will be it does not have the mother of your children? "does Charlene push Albert with engagement, she wants to decide... and which Albert makes? the same thing as for all his ex... :badpc:

Wedding or no wedding: Syntax in the English Language.

Charlene is rather intelligent, computer to choose her words, her sentences... to say "that no date was fixed for the marriage" under hears "we envisaged to marry us but we do not know when" but that can just as easily say : :badpc:

CW speaks English very well, from what I understand. And anyone who also speaks the language exceptionally well would have to say that when a person says, "The date has not been set yet" means to say that the event WILL BE HAPPENING but that the date is simply "still up in the air".

CWs "fact" that "no date was fixed for the marriage" states that "the marriage" is a real, upcoming event for which a date is being selected.

Paraphrased, she did not say: "there is no wedding yet", she said "there is no date for the wedding yet". That means she is announcing the wedding is on.

Wouldn't you say?

Anyone?

R.:ohmy:

(Sandsla, please don't get upset here.)

CW speaks English very well, from what I understand. And anyone who also speaks the language exceptionally well would have to say that when a person says, "The date has not been set yet" means to say that the event WILL BE HAPPENING but that the date is simply "still up in the air".

CWs "fact" that "no date was fixed for the marriage" states that "the marriage" is a real, upcoming event for which a date is being selected.

Paraphrased, she did not say: "there is no wedding yet", she said "there is no date for the wedding yet". That means she is announcing the wedding is on.

Wouldn't you say?

Anyone?

I understood it to be from the Pointe de Vue article because its the very same wording they used.

Rosalee I mean no offense but you sound like a woman desperate for a wedding. The palace issued a formal denial and until such time that they issue an engagement announcement, I would have to say all bets are off. Perhaps you will have a lovely surprise but at this point I would give up on the wedding speculation. The palace only issues a formal statement when it has had enough of the speculation. I wouldn't second guess them.

Rosalee I mean no offense but you sound like a woman desperate for a wedding. The palace issued a formal denial and until such time that they issue an engagement announcement, I would have to say all bets are off. Perhaps you will have a lovely surprise but at this point I would give up on the wedding speculation. The palace only issues a formal statement when it has had enough of the speculation. I wouldn't second guess them.
I agree completely with you Albert must have finally gotten fed up with the press and everyone harping down his neck over a marriage when he had made it clear nothing was in the works. That doesn't sound like a man crazy in love with someone. IMO

Rosalee,

Thanks for the words of encourgement for two minutes anyway!
I give up!:rolleyes:

My Dear, you seem to enjoy speaking out of both sides of your mouth;), it is too frustrating for me.:) Perhaps instead of trying to make any sense of your post (if they are meant to make any), I will just leave you :sad:to your fun!

Rosalee - Every good wish! :flowers:

Wouldn't you say?

Anyone?

There is no doubt what Charlene is trying to infer? No need for explanation this is quite an immature tactic she has been using from her first date and interview:rolleyes:. There is nothing clever about this/her, she is very obvious. It is just that Albert either seems to participate or does nothing to shut her up, she simply would not be around if Albert disapproved, so how much does he enjoy all this himself? Anyway, I don't know if you think you need to explain this to us, what exactly is being infered here, or if you are just saying you too believe this to be true and it is actually the situation? :ermm:

As I said before, I don't enjoy someone thinking they can manipulate me, it is insulting. So these tactics in the press do not impress me at all. Charlene just shows how simple she is (IMO), and since she is intent on advertising this, I just don't think this will bode well for Albert in the end? I just don't get the purpose of it all and why Albert either allows it, unless he enjoys it himself? :ermm:

I like your comment on everyone meditating on a better woman for Albert (I think this is a growing movement for some time now:)), but he has to make room for that person in his life, otherwise it will never happen? I think that is why he has had such problems in his past, he always has someone less desirable in that spot, how does he expect someone more enchanting:angel: to show up for him?

I think more people in Monaco care more than you think and Albert's wife will always be an influence and reflection on him, whether he chooses to believe this or not?

Again I am confused by the contradictions, But, I promise I will not get upset:) after all I should be more concerned with my own life and other's less -- It does seem rather silly that I should feel the need to weigh in here at all. :rolleyes::flowers: Rosalee, Carry on!

Last edited:
I agree completely with you Albert must have finally gotten fed up with the press and everyone harping down his neck over a marriage when he had made it clear nothing was in the works. That doesn't sound like a man crazy in love with someone. IMO
Well, boohoo! Albert may or may not be sick of all those wedding announcements and speculations, but let's not forget here that it's all of his own doing! If he had kept his private live private, instead of flaunting it all over the world, he wouldn't have to deal with the media attention in the first place. He is way to experienced with the media to be able to claim he didn't saw this coming. Sorry, but my sympathy for Albert's "misery" in this particular field is minuscule if not non-existent. And he might whine about his private life overshadowing his business life (Le Figaro, 14 March 2008), but I can only see this as a bout of whining coming from a spoilt kid that doesn't get things his way.
- JMO -

As I said before, I don't enjoy someone thinking they can manipulate me, it is insulting. So these tactics in the press do not impress me at all. Charlene just shows how simple she is (IMO), and since she is intent on advertising this, I just don't think this will bode well for Albert in the end? I just don't get the purpose of it all and why Albert either allows it, unless he enjoys it himself? :ermm:
Which then can only mean that Albert must be in on the "joke". In fact, I can't help but think he initiated it. Hence the theory it's all a PR stunt. Charlene is doing all the poking, slide remarks and stirring, and Albert is keeping his nose very clean. If you look back on all that's said, it's very hard to accuse any of them of actually lying. Lying by omission, yes. Suggesting complete mountian ridges, yes. But if you go back to what's actually said, take away all the fluff and exaggeration from the tabloids, they can both very easily weasle their way out of it. Nothing much has been said and it's all ripped out of proportion by the media. The two lovebirds themselves are squeaky clean. They can only be accused of not correcting wrong reports and semi-misquotes and of not sueing for false information published. But seeing that they both want to keep this thing going and going, the more media attention, the better. They both want to keep this going, because either can walk away. Neither does, so doesn't that say it all?

Again, my opinion and my opinion only.

The owner of an Italian restaurant that Albert and Charlene attend in Monaco, interviewed by the Italian tv during Albert's birthday celebrations, said that Charlene asked him to teach her how to cook pasta, and that she just speaks English, no French at all. I think it's safe to assume she is living in Monaco and she has not been studying French for years (as reported by some tabloids or "inside sources" in the past).

Last edited:
Words ...

Hibou, respectfully in return, I was simply defending my use of the English language with a previous blogger. IMO, Charlene is a grand, royal mismatch who is keeping PA in the sandbox as long as he wishes to play and be seen playing. I think this is his way of "appearing" in public as he builds his public profile while looking for Mrs. Right. He has the choice of appearing alone which he exercises from time to time, or also with a "girlfriend" which surely keeps the matchmakers at bay, allowing him more time to find someone who is his soulmate.

If it turns out to be CW, then so be it. It's his life. But I don't get the feeling of intelligence and future marital comfort when I see pics of them together. It's more like he is just enjoying himself and is enjoying building his public profile since his father's death. I think he is also trying to keep the vista of MC young by appearing youthful himself (erego dating a younger woman).

R.:flowers:

Last edited:
Sorry Sands ..

Again I am confused by the contradictions, But, I promise I will not get upset:) after all I should be more concerned with my own life and other's less -- It does seem rather silly that I should feel the need to weigh in here at all. :rolleyes::flowers: Rosalee, Carry on!

Sandsla, you sound very sweet.

Again, I am sorry if my writing style bothers you or anyone. It is not meant to. I am in and out of this site from time to time. I don't really read anywhere else and so I am trying to get more information from the others in here by asking questions and offering my viewpoint based on what little I know. Easier than trying to backtrack and read thousands of entries. I know most people here look into other resources.

I find Monaco/Royal Family interesting because I used to live there at one time and simply wonder what's going on now. Would love to see only good things come their way. All my viewpoints are simply my perspective on what I have read so far. IMO ONLY.

Have a great day!
R.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom