Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Albert gets tired of people asking him when you going to marry. Over and over and over again.

I think that Charlene throw herself at Albert for fun. But it very inappropriate to do that kind of stuff with Head of State. Maybe Albert should tell her what not to do in public and what to do. You can look on Albert face and tell he not please sometime.

Well, but if you don't want to be asked the same question, then stop giving interviews!

Seriously, here there experienced journalists posting on the forums, as I can assume from their posts. So they know much better than I do, that interviews, and consequently questions are usually fixed in advance.

Then if you don't want to be asked about your love life, do as Ducruet does when he says to the journalists that are going to interview him : " I do not want to talk about my children or about my relations with Stephanie!"
Or, if the journalist presses him, he can just answer with a no comment, without acting in anger in front of a camera, which is not so nice to the audience, and doesn't favor him.

Well, but if you don't want to be asked the same question, then stop giving interviews!

Seriously, here there experienced journalists posting on the forums, as I can assume from their posts. So they know much better than I do, that interviews, and consequently questions are usually fixed in advance.

Then if you don't want to be asked about your love life, do as Ducruet does when he says to the journalists that are going to interview him : " I do not want to talk about my children or about my relations with Stephanie!"
Or, if the journalist presses him, he can just answer with a no comment, without acting in anger in front of a camera, which is not so nice to the audience, and doesn't favor him.

Exactly, Tosca, and you would think he'd know that by now. But the way he conducts himself he pretty much leaves himself open to the questions. I agree all he has to do is say that he doesn't answer questions about his private life - especially about his kids. Ducruet didn't always respond that way. It's only recently that he has adopted that attitude. My guess is that he now realizes it could come back at him through his kids who will read it or see it on tv.

Prince Albert News

The New York Post Cindy Adams has Artical on Prince Albert Might get married sometime this year check it out. we will have to see.

European papers have been planning Albert's marriage for around three years now.

Nothing new.

The New York Post Cindy Adams has Artical on Prince Albert Might get married sometime this year check it out. we will have to see.

I don't know how accurate that would be. I just read today on perezhilton.com about cindy adams falsely reporting that a pregnant Nicole Kidman was drinking alcohol at the oscars (or one of the post parties). Nicole's rep sent Perez a message that basically called Cindy an idiot and saying that it was not true. So, it kind of makes me doubt how accurate that article might be.

sandsla and goody ... I agree with you both .. no disagreement here. I just think it's sad that she doesn't want to do anything else but follow him around .. there would be so much good she could do if her soul were in the true realm of helping Monaco move into the future. She stands in a careful place where nothing is important to her but her own gain and her eyes are only on the way SHE feels. Maybe this is what humans are supposed to do, take care of themselves? But there are children and Monegasques to consider.

But then, if PA is not eager to have her consider these things, what would compel her?

I am disgusted when I see "Charlene Wittstock helps to fight AIDS". What has she done to help fight anything? Apartheid? Can she speak on anything with true value? Or maybe it just doesn't matter? Some men marry women they are happy with apart from their jobs.

PA once said his future bride could participate in the affairs of state if she so wishes but would not actually have to unless she chose to. He said this after he was already dating CW. I am sure he meant what he said.

R.

Last edited:
This arguing is sad and maybe just a phase .. but still sad.

R.

Last edited:
Apologies-truly someone who must like the sound of her own voice!:)

sandsla and goody ... I agree with you both .. no disagreement here. I just think it's sad that she doesn't want to do anything else but follow him around .. there would be so much good she could do if her soul were in the true realm of helping Monaco move into the future. She stands in a careful place where nothing is important to her but her own gain and her eyes are only on the way SHE feels. Maybe this is what humans are supposed to do, take care of themselves? But there are children and Monegasques to consider.

But then, if PA is not eager to have her consider these things, what would compel her?

I am disgusted when I see "Charlene Wittstock helps to fight AIDS". What has she done to help fight anything? Apartheid? Can she speak on anything with true value? Or maybe it just doesn't matter? Some men marry women they are happy with apart from their jobs.

PA once said his future bride could participate in the affairs of state if she so wishes but would not actually have to unless she chose to. He said this after he was already dating CW. I am sure he meant what he said.

R.
Again apologies :rolleyes:for the much too long post!:eek:

Rosalee,
I agree, It is sad and hard to comprehend? It's as you have stated she seems very self serving, I don't know that I can say that is being human? Perhaps if she was starving & struggling for her own survival, someone might be able to make those excuses? But that is far from the case?:D As I mentioned before, Charlene more than many others in her country had a chance as an Olympic athlete where it has been said over and over :D"She represented her country" and with this she had a real chance to bring some focus to any issue if she had sincerely been interested? I think she is looking to escape her country, not represent it! (IMO) And for her now to be credited or connected to anything altruistic likes Aids, it should be kind of embarrassing for her? There was an article in an SA newspaper (?) written by one of her own that raised this very issue? I'm afraid that if Albert does not expect much from his own wife just as a person (as you mentioned), the issues he wishes to take on, or the work he does on his own, will not come off as being very genuine either, even if they are? It will make you wonder what it is that he actually appreciates?

I understand that not everyone has the opportunity to do something, like start a foundation or have had the chance to have accomplished some great achievement? But she has had a lot of opportunity, and knows what is required in the role she is after, or she wouldn't be putting so much lip service to it? You would think she would be doing all she could to show she is up to the job? Especially since she is on the record publicly for making these claims? I don't envy the microscope that Albert's wife is going to be held up to? But knowing that, I wouldn't want to be seen as less than genuine by not backing up my own claims (that I personally made public) without some actions. Even the plan to train for the Olympics seemed to be nothing but false statements (IMO) from the beginning? Had she at least done that it would have at least given her an excuse as to what she has been doing with herself? Since she has not seemed to have made any efforts to have any life of her own, it also makes her seem very presumptuous? If her plans do not work out with Albert? What then? Is she expecting a pay out from Albert? How can people not be suspect of this girl or her motives? What are her expectations for herself, if Albert does not want to marry her? Even if he did, she has not earned herself much respect from a public she would represent (IMO). I can't imagine Albert would let himself be forced into a situation by her, just because she wishes it, just because she has not bothered to consider her own life & future outside of Albert? I think she must be use to things coming easy for her, or she's happy with herself to just slide by, while making very little effort? (JMO) As an athlete, I guess I find this even more surprising?

No one should have to compel her? PA should not have to instruct her? She is a grown woman! Since she seems to have never had a real job, where most people are expected to take some responsibility for themselves without having to be told. Just as an average adult, one would expect her to take some initiative on her own, to be responsible for herself in some way? To want to contribute something of herself in the world? You would expect her to at least "express" an interest in something outside of Albert? I guess I should say "show" an interest...? Perhaps it is that she lacks this experience of ever having to take care of herself? It seems she has always had help as a swimmer or otherwise, and has not really ever looked to take care of herself? I was surprised by an interview she once gave, where she did not express much in the way of enjoyment for her sport, but was more concerned that as a SA swimmer, it wasn't fair that she was not getting more compensation that she seemed to think she was owed? She also seemed very interested in receiving acknowledgement? That was my take on the interview? I can't remember where it was published (I read it online). I believe it was before she was known to have been dating Albert and I remember she also mentioned that she was always falling on her head?:) I'm not sure if it's the lack of ever having a job or what? But she seems to have an arrested development? (JMO) Rosalee, did you ever see that TV show? Do you remember the SA girl that was featured in the show?:D Do you think she is still in Monaco because of those darn invisable locks?:D I think that show could offer some insight to the situation?:flowers:

When PA mentioned she did not have to participate in the affairs of state, I thought he meant in a more serious way? Just by the virtue of being Albert's wife, it would be hard for her to escape this in some way? She will be representing Monaco whatever she chooses to do or not to do? I thought Albert meant she might have her own interests that are different or outside of his? I didn't realize he meant void of any interests? Like perhaps she might have different cultural interest, like the arts, etc...Or even her own career?
"Some men marry women they are happy with apart from their jobs."
Interesting chice of words?:D As long as they are happy, I guess everything would be alright? But it does make me you wonder about these men? I mean what do they talk about with their wives? Do they see them as an equitable partner? Or someone that is reliant on them and easy to control? Do they see their wife as something they can procure? What do they value in them? DO they value them? I really cannot guess these things about Albert? I do wonder if Albert enjoys challenging conversation, witty banter, a sense of humor, maybe someone who does have different interests than himself that he might find interesting? Is it important that his wife is someone who enjoys any kind of culture, the arts...? Or someone who like to read or travel, and they can enjoy or share experiences? Do they appreciate the same things? Do they share a common outlook in or of the world? I know it is said that they both enjoy sports (some sports), so I guess it would be nice for Albert to have someone to go to a Rugby game with? But, I can't imagine they want to race each other in the pool? Perhaps ther are other things we cannot know about? Perhaps Charlene has a very infectious personality? That is something without knowing her, we cannot know? I'm sure she must not be void of everything, Albert was attracted to her for some reason? Regardless, I hope he ends up with a woman who lights up the room for him? Always.:flowers:

I won't quote Sandsla's post, due to its lenght, but I have a few remarks. With regard to Charlene and Albert, I still can't escape the feeling that we are witnessing a very detailed and elaborate PR scam here. :bang: (I'm not mentioning aggravating here :D) This would, I presume, also mean that Albert and Charlene know the state of affairs very well and that in the light of this, some of the questions of Sandsla's post become redundant. We, or at least I, don't know the how and what of Albert and Charlene's agreement but I'm very sure they know where they both stand. At first I thought it was simply a sponsorship deal with a twist (I'll enable you to train and increase your sponsorship worth at least tenfold in return for media attention and your company whenever I need it) but I am more and more getting convinced that the Olympics were never an option in the first place. Just a good PR story and something to tell the media and anyone else who'd listen. :confused: Besides, is there anything else to tell?

And with regard to the last paragraph: everybody keeps banging on about about how they share a love for sports? I'd wish they'd stop that. And I wonder about the truth int that statement too. I get the impression that Charlene finds football boring. She seems to adore rugby, but somehow I can't help but think that Albert doesn't care much about that particular sport. I think it's fairly impossible to like all sports and while Albert is sport obsessed, I'm not sure that's the case with Charlene. The fact that she is a former athlete, doesn't mean that she adores sports in general or that she has any interest in any other sport than her own. She might recognise the skill or effort involved, but that still doesn't mean she likes to spend her time watching it?

Besides, if that is the only thing Albert and Charlene have in common: a love for sport, what about the prospects of the relationship? To me it seems like a small and shaky base for a relationship: an ex-athlete and a wanted-to-be athlete, from radically different backgrounds, upbringings, educations, social status and geographical locations. If that's all they have in common, do you think it's enough for a solid relationship?

And I recognise that there is much background information we (I) don't know, many black holes to explore and loads of questions that will never be answered. Not only about Charlene, but also about Albert. But with the information that I do have, I have my doubts about this relationship, in more than one way.

Regardless, I hope he ends up with a woman who lights up the room for him? Always.
Me too... :ermm:

I shall re-post with links when time permits.

Last edited:
German Tabloid is subjecting that CW is recently pregnant and there will be a "shotgun wedding" as is quite common amongst those royal children of monaco.

R.
Rosalee would you please give the Tabloid name for both your recent posts of this and that they are fighting.

I just moved a bunch of posts to this thread where this discussion belongs. If you wish to continue rehashing your opinions about Charlene and Albert without providing corroborating evidence, please do so via private message. We have no intention of getting sued for libel because of what you believe.

Thanks,

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

Last edited:
Many men get confused between the feelings of fun and commitment. They like how they feel with a certain woman, but when it comes to picturing her in the marriage part of his committed life, they stop because the picture stops. Sometimes it takes them forever to figure that out. Some men never figure it out. But they want to keep the fun feeling as long as they can!

How many royal princes dated the most stunning women for five years and then ended up marrying someone they "just met" who was intelligent and down-to-earth. Fun and "gorgeous" isn't everything. Ask Prince Charles.

The ONLY one who comes close to CW is MM from Norway who is not very educated and is happy being a wife and having children. Mind you, they are about the same age and met very young. They have their youthful dreams and some greater simpatico in common. They seem like "soulmates"

All the others married educated, accomplished women who KNOW how to carry themselves in public, have a strong sense of duty and have strong ideas of what they wanted to contribute from the get-go. Intellectual partners as well as marriage partners.

About PA "getting angry" at the press for repeated questions? COME ON!
The man has been dealing with this HIS ENTIRE LIFE and has had lessons upon lessons on comportment in this area, let alone life lessons. SO WHAT if the press asks him about Charlene and children one time too many? A relatively calm man most of the time .. GETS ANGRY OVER THAT? Why? Why would THAT be the thing to make him publicly ANGRY after 50 yrs of being mowed down by the press? WHY THAT?

There is NO excuse except that he either dislikes THEM jumping the gun and pushing his plans ahead, or he has NO plans of those kind and feels almost ashamed or forced to admit it on the spot. I would go with #2. Most men I know "get angry" when they feel ashamed and are faced with that shame.

Maybe she IS just a fun date for him. Two years is a LONG time to not make any plans and yet it is not long enough in some respects.

I don't think it takes a well-educated, 50-yr-old man who is head of state THAt long to process his feelings about a woman he is dating, or for choosing his future bride. What the heck would he be processing or waiting for???

And then again, why do we all care about it at all?

R.

Rosalee,

Not all men still catagorize women. It is interesting that some still want to maginalize women into roles? Do men think of themselves this way? The hot guy or the boring guy that makes a good little husband, dull but can play the role well. Maybe this is why so many women don't bother with husbands anymore, they don't really need them to fill that role any longer and they can just have fun with their young hot guy.:wub: That does seem to be the popular trend. It does seem better than the alternative you suggest, that is a very outdated idea? I think there are some men out there that are evolved enough to appreciate women as a whole and separate person and not just an accoutrement to their own life. I imagine some of the royal men think their wives are stunning, just like Albert imagines Charlene is stunning and gorgeous, really? It's more than the outside that makes a man or woman attractive. The women or men that are stunning have a lot more going on inside to ever be put in that category. What's inside is always reflected on the outside, even if a select few prefer to paint a different picture in their minds. Perhaps Albert should stay single if you think he can't see a woman in a different light where it's just a choice of compromises. A woman who can "play the part" of the good little wife and cares little about equity or respect and her husband had to give up all the hot girls to marry her? That's an attractive situation for a woman that should make her feel really special.:rolleyes: Maybe in other parts of the world, men still feel it's OK to objectify and marginalize women into roles and categories? At least some parts. I guess I have a hard time sharing that perspective with anyone in 2008. Good luck to those who do!

Last edited:
Sandsla,

Really, I was just asking, rather rhetorically, whether or not PA required to wait some arbitrary amount of time to declare his spousely intentions, like the other younger princes did with their 20-something wives? Or whether he just has a girlfriend for now with whom he likes hanging out and is not really sure she's "the one" ?

R.

Sandsla,

Really, I was just asking, rather rhetorically, whether or not PA required to wait some arbitrary amount of time to declare his spousely intentions, like the other younger princes did with their 20-something wives? Or whether he just has a girlfriend for now with whom he likes hanging out and is not really sure she's "the one" ?

R.
Not really sure she's "the one" after over 2 years is truely funny. If he didn't know by the end of six months of playing with her then she isn't.

http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/15023/2004838204481104483_rs.jpg

They do not look very happy here.
Does anyone know the occasion of this photograph?
It appears quite solemn & all hands are clenched along
with pursed lips on BOTH CW and PA.

R.
IIRC, this photo was taken during the ASM - Marseille football match in the Louis II stadium. When this particular shot was taken, they were holding a one minute silence in remembrance of something or someone. I have a vague recollection of a football player dying, but I could be way off here. I do remember taking offence at Charlene who doesn't (IMO!) show much respect here and (again IMO) doesn't seem to have a clue what it's about.

There's a factual mistake in the photo caption btw, as the stadium is in Fontvieille and not Monte Carlo, but that's just me noticing these things... :D

PS:
for anyone who's interested: they held one minute silence for two people who had died recently, one a former captain of AS Monaco, the other a director who had worked for the club for more than 30 years.
TMI? :angel:

Last edited:
Sandsla,

R.

Rosalee:flowers:

I never know with you!:lol:But I think you had brought the same two subjects up before? I just don't see why it should be a case of either, or -- Why should Albert have to compromise? I don't think his father had to? Or do you think he did? Sorry to be such a thorn! You are a good sport!

Ghislaine,:flowers:

Thank you for posting that, I had just made a few funny remarks about the photo, that may have been inappropriate considering? It's a good thing my lap top crashed and I lost my original post...:ermm: I do have to say without knowing what was going on at the moment in that picture when it was taken and even knowing....thay seem to be very unhappy, looking at the expression in their eyes and the very pursed lips? Who knows what was going on?

:flowers:Mandy, so sorry! We flip back and forth on these threads so much and just respond to each others posts, often without looking at the title of the thread. I'll try to be more aware of this in the future. My apologies!:)

Last edited:
The latest from Bunte it'll give people something to talk about. IMO it's jumping the gun they aren't officially engaged and until such she is just his companion.

Last edited:
If Charlene was in line to be Princess, wouldn't we have seen some action on her part to get ready for that role? Classes in etiquette, deportment, perhaps a change in looks and so on for a new image as one who will be representing Monaco from now on?

No, is the answer. We don't know what is happening behind closed doors. But from what I can see in photos, Prince Albert and Charlene seem happy and having a lot of fun together. There have been reports that Charlene is studying French, that she is meeting with some priest to convert to catholicism. At the last Red Cross Ball, I saw Virginia Gallico, lady in waiting to Princess Grace and Caroline, right next to her indicating when she should move up to the prince and princesses. I think she needs time to get used to her new life in Monaco, very different from South Africa, time to learn her future role and to live with a 50 year old bachelor who must be very set in his ways. We all know that once they announce an engagement, it will be a media fiasco just like is happened to Princess Diana. Charlene will be persecuted mercilessly by the paparazzi. Prince Albert might be trying to protect her and their relationship from the media. Maybe they just want to enjoy some time together without media persecution. He seems happy and not all over town with different women. I would like to see him settled and enjoying a family life with Charlene, their children, his children and his country.

No, is the answer. We don't know what is happening behind closed doors. But from what I can see in photos, Prince Albert and Charlene seem happy and having a lot of fun together. There have been reports that Charlene is studying French, that she is meeting with some priest to convert to catholicism. At the last Red Cross Ball, I saw Virginia Gallico, lady in waiting to Princess Grace and Caroline, right next to her indicating when she should move up to the prince and princesses. I think she needs time to get used to her new life in Monaco, very different from South Africa, time to learn her future role and to live with a 50 year old bachelor who must be very set in his ways. We all know that once they announce an engagement, it will be a media fiasco just like is happened to Princess Diana. Charlene will be persecuted mercilessly by the paparazzi. Prince Albert might be trying to protect her and their relationship from the media. Maybe they just want to enjoy some time together without media persecution. He seems happy and not all over town with different women. I would like to see him settled and enjoying a family life with Charlene, their children, his children and his country.

its so nice and refreshing to read somthing
Positive about albert and charlene.

I agree with you, I love that couple too and I really hope to hear something official soon !

I've seen a similar anger before which I took to be a sort of, of course immature, but a touch of mild arrogance and a don't you dare to try to corner or trap me.Then maybe some kind of guilt ? Considering the practices in the past. Sort of. It, in my opinion should make the woman in question not be too flattered. I can't agree that it is a result of repeatedly answering the same question. As you say-not favorable for anyone--the listener, and most of all the beloved one. Hopefully, they understand and feel adaquately loved.

I've seen a similar anger before which I took to be a sort of, of course immature, but a touch of mild arrogance and a don't you dare to try to corner or trap me.Then maybe some kind of guilt ? Considering the practices in the past. Sort of. It, in my opinion should make the woman in question not be too flattered. I can't agree that it is a result of repeatedly answering the same question. As you say-not favorable for anyone--the listener, and most of all the beloved one. Hopefully, they understand and feel adaquately loved.

Olga, I pretty much agree, but in Albert's case it could simply be entitlement. He feels now that he is sovereign he can do as he pleases. No questions asked. If I were Charlene, I would have left long ago. I wouldn't have move to Monaco with out a ring either.

Of course it is possible that neither party is interested in a traditional marriage/official ceremony and that the relationship as it exists works perfectly well for them both. Free to be together when they wish and just a free to be apart when they wish.

Of course it is possible that neither party is interested in a traditional marriage/official ceremony and that the relationship as it exists works perfectly well for them both. Free to be together when they wish and just a free to be apart when they wish.

Of course it possible but not probable because of Charlene's connection to her special friend at Bunte that she gave a big hug too not too long ago. If both were content with the arrangement, why would Charlene be chatting with the Bunte reporter and why would Bunte be fueling the wedding rumors? Not to mention her statements that she doesn't know where the relationship is going which has been mentioned recently too. Had she not promoted herself with the press, I would tend to have agreed more fully with your statement. Also if he were not supporting her and she had her own source of income, I would tend to find it more believable as well. JMO

Glad to see you posting once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom