Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladymac,

I have heard that also, he was dating Charlene or she was hanging around with Albert and his entourage, when he was dating Alicia and Nicole?

Charlene has even made a remark or two in the press, that alluded to the idea she was seeing Albert at the time. Remember the remark when they were at a swim event, and the coach was being asked by the reporter if the team would be at some swim event or something? And the coach said they would be on the bus!, (implying they would all be there, I guess?) Charlene Wittstock spoke up, that SHE would be on a yacht! ??? This article was before Albert and Charlene showed up together in Turin, I was thinking it was a few years before I think But, I'm not sure of the date, you can probably find the article on a search under her name probably? I think people assumed she must have been dating Albert then, I think also, maybe that remark early on by Charlene's father about Charlene working to be the only woman in Alberts life...?

Anyway, I have heard this from another source as well?:flowers:

If this information is true then we can all be assured that Albert is not planning to marry Charlene. I thought that this relationship begun in December, 2005. If he was seeing her before then it only seems that he wants her to be his girlfriend.

I mentioned a few weeks ago in another forum that I feel that Prince Albert does not wish to get married and he picks a certain type of girl who he can use and discard when he is through. It appears that my assumptions are right.

Ladymac,

I have heard that also, he was dating Charlene or she was hanging around with Albert and his entourage, when he was dating Alicia and Nicole?

Charlene has even made a remark or two in the press, that alluded to the idea she was seeing Albert at the time. Remember the remark when they were at a swim event, and the coach was being asked by the reporter if the team would be at some swim event or something? And the coach said they would be on the bus!, (implying they would all be there, I guess?) Charlene Wittstock spoke up, that SHE would be on a yacht! ??? This article was before Albert and Charlene showed up together in Turin, I was thinking it was a few years before I think But, I'm not sure of the date, you can probably find the article on a search under her name probably? I think people assumed she must have been dating Albert then, I think also, maybe that remark early on by Charlene's father about Charlene working to be the only woman in Alberts life...?

Okay you answered my question. There is no documented source therefore until such its hearsay or gossip. Like the article from Aktuelle that many don't believe even though someone who sends the bills to the Palace was quoted. Also they haven't sued yet over that one so it makes you wonder.

Okay you answered my question. There is no documented source therefore until such its hearsay or gossip. Like the article from Aktuelle that many don't believe even though someone who sends the bills to the Palace was quoted. Also they haven't sued yet over that one so it makes you wonder.
AFAIK, Albert hasn't sued or tried to sue anything/anyone since the Maldives photos two years ago. That fact alone is enough to make me suspicious. :wacko:

I agree that Albert has dated women that were the opposite of his mother. I wouldn't even consider those "ralationships" dating, it seems to be just amusement. I think Albert considered his mother the perfect woman, and paradoxically he ragards marriage very highly. He stated some time ago:"there is sex for fun and sex for family". He probably divides women into two categories: "good girls" to be married with, and "bad girls" to sleep with. Albert probably always thought he had time to get married but before that he could have as much fun as he could as a bachelor. But he did not realize that his dating pattern, his past might discourage any decent woman.
Now, all those stories about Charlene's support in yellow press, whether true or not(most likely not;)) will make finding the right woman even more difficult for Albert. I don't know if he knows what he has done to himself by exposing this woman so much.:bang:

Ladymac,

I began the list of the women who albert had relations ! 2001 Alycia 2001Young woman unknow 2003an other 2003 an other 2003 an other 2003 an other 2003 Anna Kournikhova 2004 Alysson Carlson alysson Carlson I don't finish and I am sure I forgot a lot and a lot of women haven't photograph !!

I agree that Albert has dated women that were the opposite of his mother. I wouldn't even consider those "ralationships" dating, it seems to be just amusement. I think Albert considered his mother the perfect woman, and paradoxically he ragards marriage very highly. He stated some time ago:"there is sex for fun and sex for family". He probably divides women into two categories: "good girls" to be married with, and "bad girls" to sleep with. Albert probably always thought he had time to get married but before that he could have as much fun as he could as a bachelor. But he did not realize that his dating pattern, his past might discourage any decent woman.
The part I bold typed his dating habit in college was he would go on dates with the "good girls" drop them off and then go party with the "bad girls" so its an old habit. I never heard him say that about the "sex for fun and sex for family" and as he knows even fun can produce children.

LadyMacalpine, I remebmer reading here, on this board, that Albert made that statement about sex, fun, family. But I don't remember if it was some article or some poster's post.:ermm:

AFAIK, Albert hasn't sued or tried to sue anything/anyone since the Maldives photos two years ago. That fact alone is enough to make me suspicious. :wacko:

Could someone tell me what happened with the Maldives photos?What was wrong with them? i heard something but don´t remember what. Thanks.

Could someone tell me what happened with the Maldives photos?What was wrong with them? i heard something but don´t remember what. Thanks.
She was caught kissing his chest or as some say doing something else. He was waving to someone at the same time and it was almost as if to the person taking the photo's IMO. You can find the photo's in post #157 of her current events thread I page 8.

:D
Now, all those stories about Charlene's support in yellow press, whether true or not(most likely not;)) will make finding the right woman even more difficult for Albert.

I don't know if he knows what he has done to himself by exposing this woman so much.:bang:

Well, he should by now! We (women) have all been screaming this for over two years now!

Lakshmi, I think you articulated what I have always thought very well! Everyone understands what a booty call is? The difference with men, is they often make the mistake and are dumb enough to think they can bring them into the central part of their life (especially publically) or are dumb enough to make them their wife! I think there are also women who may have had a little fun on occassion ;) in their life, but the difference is they know better than to actually marry the guy that has to use his fingers to count to 10!:rolleyes: Or feel the need to show them off!:lol:

It's kind of hard for a woman to feel very special dating Albert, when they feel like they are putting themselves in the same category with all the women that have gone before them! After Albert has been so public with his current girl, it will be hard to find a women who thinks dating Albert will not make her look foolish? It really boggles the mind why he made her so public, like I said before if he ever gets married, she will look like the second wife after all of Charlene's publicity? She would have had a hard enough job as it was? Nothing like a guy who like to kiss and tell! Why Albert is interested in flaunting his private life, and is not interesting in showing any class or decorum about the whole thing, really is a puzzle to me? I can't believe he doesn't have better PR people or better sense himself, whatever it is he better get some distance if he is looking for a different quality of woman? (JMO)

Last edited:
Why are so many of you finding something wrong with this relationship? Forget what the magazines say and let's see what happens in the future. The age difference is a big deal, 20 years is a big deal. But other than that, we can suggest that maybe Charlene is in this relationship for the money. But is he such a fool to go along with it? Why? Why would he? If he does love her, then no matter what people argue and discuss about, he will keep her no matter what it takes. But why wouldn't she love him? He is charming and handsome, so well educated and fascinating. Any woman would. His world is so different from any common man that any woman would be fascinated by what he can offer. I would love to see him surrounded by his children some day and enjoying a fulfilling life with a wife he loves and his children. Only a woman Charlene's age can give him children and that is important. He has been fooling around for too long and now he needs to settle down. Charlene is the woman by his side for a while now and maybe for a long time.

She was caught kissing his chest or as some say doing something else. He was waving to someone at the same time and it was almost as if to the person taking the photo's IMO. You can find the photo's in post #157 of her current events thread I page 8.

To be fair, I think perhaps he may have spotted the camera and had his hand up to somewhat block their shot, or even shade the sun out of his eyes to see if someone was actually trying to get a photo?

To tell you the truth as much as I have criticised these two? The Maldive photo's probably bothered me the least, since they were meant to be enjoying a private vacation? However, if you want a private vacation, you don't taunt the press with your girlfriend flaunting a cover/interview in PM immediately before your trip, or announce in a press release you will be spending your birthday in the Maldives with family and friends, and then expect the press not to show up! Just short of buying the media a plane ticket there! It is hard to say they did not invite the intrusion!

I have no idea if Charlene knew the camera was there? But when she is at public events and she knows the cameras are on them and she has her hand on his thigh! It does make it hard to sue? For a public figure to sue for a private moment -- When you cannot show your behavior is any different? That was my biggest problem with the Maldive photos, beside the fact that Charlene always appears to be the aggresor, desperate for a show of affection in public? (JMO) But still I gave her the benefit of the doubt she did not know the camera was on her, maybe the Maldives is just "a good place for lovers." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why are so many of you finding something wrong with this relationship? Forget what the magazines say and let's see what happens in the future. The age difference is a big deal, 20 years is a big deal. But other than that, we can suggest that maybe Charlene is in this relationship for the money. But is he such a fool to go along with it? Why? Why would he? If he does love her, then no matter what people argue and discuss about, he will keep her no matter what it takes. But why wouldn't she love him? He is charming and handsome, so well educated and fascinating. Any woman would. His world is so different from any common man that any woman would be fascinated by what he can offer. I would love to see him surrounded by his children some day and enjoying a fulfilling life with a wife he loves and his children. Only a woman Charlene's age can give him children and that is important. He has been fooling around for too long and now he needs to settle down. Charlene is the woman by his side for a while now and maybe for a long time.
i strongly disagree there is a lot of women in their 40s and 50s haveing kids you dont have to be in yours 30s any more to have kids beside he does not need to marry charlene to have kids are you forgetting he have two that he does not want any thing to do with them, what make charlene kids any special than those two?. if she does not want people to think is all because off the money she need to push him to work on relationship with his other kids, instead she is enjoying a care free life with him.

Well, if this is meant to defend her, I think even I could have done a better job? I would say it is quite a hard sell, except for the fact, that you do seem to answer the very question you raise? Yes, 20 years is a big difference, and you are suggesting Charlene is overly fascinated and impressed with Albert because of her lack of sophistication, maturity, and experience in the world? Charlene is (as we say in LA) too star struck to know how to handle herself, she is too in love with the publicity! Aside from Albert having the trait of charming, you are suggesting all women would be/should be :rolleyes: interested in Albert because of purely external reasons? So,... Is it a mystery why a particular Kanye West song comes to mind at the thought of Charlene.;) You seem to be admitting this yourself? You are suggesting a woman would be/or should be interested in Alberts world, rather than Albert as a man? This is very self serving idea to marry a man? And shows a lack of maturity about what a marriage requires between two people? (Especially a very public marriage to Albert, full of a lot of responsibilities and pressures both external and internal) Not every women is a hayseed that would be so impressed, because of Albert's "world" :rolleyes:, lets hope whomever Albert marries actually has the sense and maturity to see who Albert is as a man, and falls in love with him for that, and actually has something in common with him? And no not only women Charlene's age can get pregnant, even if that was important at this point! Even if it were true about the age, he could find a woman more mature, educated and worldly, so she wouldn't be so impressed and infatuated with just Albert's world! I think Albert should be interested in a woman who would be interested in him regardless of his world, and as you point out -that doesn't sound much like Charlene? There is a reason people use to marry within their own class and you have made those reasons obvious (IMO). You have pointed out Charlene's probable interest in Albert, but you have not pointed out why Albert should be interested in Charlene? Other than she can have children, which would include millions of other women, if that was the only concern here? What else is there beside her love for his lifestyle? I do hope someone who would marry Albert would understand that she needs to be liked by the people of the country that will become her home, and that she will represent! It doesn't sound like that would even be/or should be a concern of Charlene's from your post? (IMO) And I believe that is why so many people have a problem with the relationship! She seems to have no resources of her own! And I don't mean just financial! She seems to have to depend on a lot of other people for help because of her lack of exposure to anything, like being or behaving in a professional environment for exampe? That is experience that even the majority of women have? I'm sorry but I think many people see that she seem to be really lacking in a lot of areas, even compared to the most common of women? From your post it would make one believe Charlene is a very self envolved young women, with little concern for the responsibilty of the position and even as a wife to Albert? Like it's all about her! That is why people have problems with the realtionship! (JMO) like I said I think I might be able to defend her better than you have here, if pressed to do so!:flowers:

Last edited:
What I find wrong with this relationship? Sheez, where to start? :verysad:
First and foremost, I don't see mutual love, not even attraction between them. I know some people see nothing but two lovestruck people, but I'm not one of them. If I had the feeling they were madly in love, I'd probably be more reconciled with the situation and prepared to overlook a lot of the gripes I have with it.

Secondly, there's the lies. And the lies by omission. Albert doesn't treat Charlene the way he has always said he would treat the woman he loved (i.e. keep her hidden, save her the ordeal of the media attention for as long as possible). Everything Albert has ever said about how he would treat the love of his life, how he would handle the situation, all the stories and tricks he'd pull to shake off the paparazzi so he'd could have a private evening out: it's not happening here. Even their "private" holidays are happily documented by the media without any repercussions. And the lies by omission: Albert is not doing a single thing to confirm or deny the hype. He could put the whole thing to rest with a single sentence but instead keeps mum about everything and pretends Charlene doesn't exist and hasn't been surgically attached to his hip and as if it's business as usual instead of a breach of protocol. So the thing keeps festering on and on...
Charlene is not much better, she has been giving interviews, soundbites and cheery quips since the first days of the Olympics. (Actually since her first date with Albert in 2001.) One theme dominated: swimming and getting to the 2008 Olympics in particular. However, she "forgot" to mention that that Olympic participation depended on her recovering from a persistent injury? And now she's throwing away her life's dream just like that without even trying? Not even trying to qualify? If only for your own peace of mind? So you can't blame anyone or yourself for not at least trying? For someone with just one goal and one dream, she's giving up very easily? And the built-up was so nice: stories about sponsorships, training, even making the SA national team without barely putting a toe into the water, supported by paparazzi photos of Charlene training and going to the physiotherapist. Lovely warm stories by Bunte giving updates and in December quoting Charlene's trainer Branny Ivkovic saying she was nearly swimming her old times again and insinuating that all was well and that her full-blown return was just a formality. And now she gives up without a fight? I can't help but think it was all spin and not the truth. Besides, I read a quote from Graham Hill recently, the trainer of the national SA squad, and he said Charlene quit swimming because there was too much competition. Mmmm, food for thought that one?

Thirdly, I have the feeling something odd is going here. Mostly a gut feeling, but also based on (circumstantial) evidence. Charlene is trotted out on certain occasions, but is extremely hidden for the rest of the time. And I mean extremely hidden. I haven't encountered anything that is so well hidden as an off-duty Charlene. State secrets are a public affair compared to her. Swiss banking secrecy is a joke compared to Charlene's secrets. Where does she stay? Where does she shop? What does she do all day when she's not with Albert? Doesn't she come out of her hidey-hole once in a while? So far I haven't seen any photos of it while her practically in-laws are photographed doing things like shopping or eating or hanging out in the park so once in while. And there is the oddness that she goes to one or two soccer matches, but doesn't attend all of them. To all accounts, Albert was Charlene-less when AS Monaco was steamrollered by Bordeaux yesterday evening. So why wasn't she there? Why wasn't she at the World Music Awards, the Hanenkammrennen? She was there in the vicinity, but Albert went without her? What urgent business could a jobless person have that prevented her from attending together with the love of her life?

Fourthly, nothing seems to happen. Progress doesn't seem to happen. Not only does the (alleged) relationship seem to be stuck in a rut but so does Charlene. She doesn't seem to have progressed one single bit in two years time and seems unable to learn. Her clothes, her style, her make-up, her manners, her obvious akwardness in public, her language skills, her matureness, everything is the same as it was two years ago.
To be honest, I think Charlene is going backwards instead of forwards. She is becoming more and more a caricature of herself and looks unhappy most of the time. Combine that with letting slip her (alleged) life's dream and I get the feeling she might sometime come to regret things very much. Or blame it on Albert.

I could go on, but these are the things that immediately come to mind. No doubt better examples and arguments and wordings will come to me at some point. Lots more things are odd: Charlene's father and coach being so talkative. Albert playing his game but letting others do the talking so he can later deny having given any cause for the hype. The oddness that while Albert and Charlene's "private" holidays are so happily documented, they do seem to be able to go places without being photographed. So they can manage it sometimes, so why not all the time? How arranged are those "paparazzi" photos? Questions, questions, and sadly no means and no opportunity to research answers. I wish I had...... :verysad:

Disclaimer
: the above is my opinion and my opinion only, except for any quotes which are the sole opinion of the quotee. I don't ask you to agree with me, but at least do me the courtesy of allowing me my own opinion and respect that there are people that don't necessarily share the same opinion as yours.

JMO.

Why does everyone assume that a lasting, successful and happy relationship between a man and a woman has to result in marriage? It is quite possible that Prince Albert may never marry, but it is also possible in such a scenario that Charlene will continue to play an important role in his life and that this arrangement works for both parties. It is the 21st century after all.

Because while this may be the 21st century, Albert is a reigning prince who is almost 50 and does not have any legitimate children to pass the throne onto. As it stands Andrea's looking to inherit the throne and, uh, Albert needs to have some kids that are not from baby momma's.

Now, I'm not saying anything's wrong with Andrea, but it's Albert's duty to get married and provide heirs. He isn't some normal guy, you know (as unfortunate as that sounds).

Last edited:
Because while this may be the 21st century, Albert is a reigning prince who is almost 50 and does not have any legitimate children to pass the throne onto. As it stands Andrea's looking to inherit the throne and, uh, Albert needs to have some kids that are not from baby momma's.

Now, I'm not saying anything's wrong with Andrea, but it's Albert's duty to get married and provide heirs. He isn't some normal guy, you know (as unfortunate as that sounds).

Well, where I do think he has certain responsibilities, I don't know if I can completely agree? I can't blame him if he hasn't found a woman he would like to share his whole life with. It would not be easy for him to divorce if it went badly or he had chosen the wrong partner? He hasn't had much choice in anything else in his life? Everyone should be able to choose their own wife/husband for the right reasons. Plus has Albert really truly been in love with anyone before? Has he ever met anyone that has "genuinely" been in love with him? That is not always so easy for everyone, and in his situation it would have to be that much harder. I agree his taste in women don't help the situation, he seems less interested in any evolved kind of women that might actually be equipped for the role, or possess any true feelings for him, someone that would be able to share much as a partner in life with an interest or understanding in Monaco's future?

That said, I really don't think it should all fall only on Albert? Even if Albert was married and had children, I think the succession issues should have been changed regardless to include the other family members, as no one has to be reminded that accidents do happen? There should always be someone who can assume the role? The entire family benefits much from being born in this family (and they should be proud to represent it), they all should recognize they too have responsibilities. Much of Rainiers fortune also went to Caroline, and I'm sure will be passed to her children? They should not balk at their own responsibility or feel put upon? The should be happy of their heritage and they should be happy to take their own place in it! Albert had to live his entire life with the burden! So, no one can complain about Albert not fullfilling his role, if they themselves do not relish stepping into the position either, or begrudge that fact that they may have to take their turn? I just think it's a bit selfish and greedy to think they should only have a limited responsibility, when they have shared greatly in the wealth and benefits, one being that none of them will have to worry about or depend on themselves to make their own way in life? As bad as some think not having certain choices in one's life is, there is also a great burden in having to make them?

I know some people who fall in love with someone every five minutes and they can't understand why it's not like that for everyone? I know many women who thought they would have been married and had wished for children in their lifetime, yet it did not happen for them? I'm sure they thought they would be happy in love with someone special by a certain age and love and marriage still alludes them? Over 50 percent of women are not married, the good thing about this is there should still be someone out there that is age appropriate for Albert, and maybe with him being older now, if he would be interested, he might be more likely to meet someone mature enough to want to marry him for the right reasons, if that is important to him?

I'm still wishing for the best and I hope he finds the women he's been waiting for, but I 'm not so sure if Albert having children now would just complicate things more? Caroline might find herself in a complicated position if anything was to happen to Albert, if his heir wasn't old enough to reign? This might put her in a complicated position with Albert's wife? Who would be regent? Would it be Caroline having to train up Albert's son with his wife? This might be a little strangely too cozy (or not?), and I think Caroline would have wished that it was her own son to be heir at that point? I just think it is more important for Albert to concentrate on having the right wife that will be an asset to him and to Monaco and hopefully a woman that his sisters and whole family will be very happy to embrace as well as the people of Monaco?

Andrea will mature and get to live much of his life over the years. He may be very happy with the position by the time he woulld ever have to step in to the role. In some ways this still being unclear might make it easier for Andrea to find the right wife without having to suffer the obvious dilemma Albert has had to deal with? I hope it will turn out well for everyone including the people of Monaco.

this look like old pictures, correct me if i am wrong

I thought we had seen them before. A lot of old pictures are showing up again.

Not really old -
St Moritz,Switzerland January 27th,2008 EXCLUSIVE NO CREDIT Romantic dinner for Albert of Monaco and his long-time girlfriend Charlene Wittstock. The lovebirds were all-over each other, kissing and cuddling. They couldn't take their hands off each other. Monaco de Albert II;Wittstock Charlene All Over Press /EliotPress/ 2008

Not really old -
St Moritz,Switzerland January 27th,2008 EXCLUSIVE NO CREDIT Romantic dinner for Albert of Monaco and his long-time girlfriend Charlene Wittstock. The lovebirds were all-over each other, kissing and cuddling. They couldn't take their hands off each other. Monaco de Albert II;Wittstock Charlene All Over Press /EliotPress/ 2008
Great caption they aren't selling it as love story but something else. It's also not the image a head of state should be presenting in public nor should he be allowing it. IMO All the kissing they have done on the cheeks why haven't they caught them in a lip lock yet? She does look like she loves to throw herself on him like in one of the photo's I thought his lack of expression was odd.

Last edited:
Why does everyone assume that a lasting, successful and happy relationship between a man and a woman has to result in marriage? It is quite possible that Prince Albert may never marry, but it is also possible in such a scenario that Charlene will continue to play an important role in his life and that this arrangement works for both parties. It is the 21st century after all.
That is the difference right therein that it is an arrangement and CW is his "keep" right now.What kind of a role have"keeps" had in history?Marriage is the culmination because you can only go so far as an unwed couple. I think Sarkozy and Crala Bruni had the right idea.Cw will play an important role in his life of course until the lady he weds comes along if ever and that may very well be Cw herself who knows?
Let us all hope for a hppy ending......

If I was CW's age again I would never get involved with a man that much older than me.When there is that much of an age difference CW may have to face the andropause of Pa soon.. and thatcaninclude various problems. No If I was young again I would restrict that age difference to five years either side.. Because I am in no need to do all the work for life at the top.

I think if people who love each age don't matter. CW case it does because of what people say about her and the fact Albert didn't gave her a ring.

They know a camera is in sight.Ye Gods!
Love is him putting the ring on her finger.JMO
Yes, they had to know that camera was inside, they even look like posing to pictures, :eek: but on the other hand pics quality suggests they were taken by papparazi. These pics seem staged, they are staged so that it would look like papparazi's pictures.:wacko:

have anyone see the pictures of them in Hello magazine , when they were celebrating her birthday on a boat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom