Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, then it looks like she's being groomed for the role. It's not what I would have hoped for from Monaco. So much potential lost... :ermm:

Heavens, I do hope so!
Mme Gallico has not been around Charlene much this summer. The only time she appeared was at the exhibition opening and red cross. She was there for Caro and Steph not Charlene and she was seated closer to them but worlds apart from Charlene to be of any help to her.

:angel: Excellent observation! :angel:

I believe Charlene is on her way out..... :flowers:
I wouldn't say that she is on her way out, she did occupy the seat next to him, which indicates that she is close to him, but I think if she would have been given the seat opposite it might have been an indication of where things are going.

Isn't that Albert's way, to gradually ease the girlfriend out without confrontation?
I don't really think that he is easing her out, he is simply making clear that nothing is going to change and it is up to her to accept it or not. It depends whether she thinks it is important to her to be married or whether she is content with the status quo. But for the moment I don't think that he would be willing to change anything. The Olympics story has been buying him time with the tabloids. But I don't think that for her anything would change afterwards. I thinkit is up to her to decide what she wants. He has made his decision clear.

Charlene is strong woman if he don't commit by next year I think she leave him.

Maybe they will marry next year in 2008 as PA has said he would marry at fifty.By then the Palace renovations will be finished as well.......
With CW still there in Monaco by the Prince's side I just cannot see why they do not speed things up .They have gone as far as they can go as an unmarried couple outside of the legalities... in staying together etc... now they should button down the hatches... and the windows and proclaim it all to the world.If they have run their course as a couple outside marriage and they do not become betrothed......they may break but it is becoming harder and harder to speculate on this........... Whatever happens I wish happiness to all........

:lol:They went to soccer event today. Albert look real piss his team must be losing again. Charlene look real bored like she don't want to be there. P.S Albert sometime team have to lose alot before they can ''WIN''.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
:lol:They went to soccer event today. Albert look real piss his team must be losing again. Charlene look real bored like she don't want to be there. P.S Albert sometime team have to lose alot before they can ''WIN''.:ROFLMAO:
AS Monaco has not been doing well for quite some time now. Funny thing though, they were the most successful in Rainiers last year. It was downhill after that inspite of the money they have pumped up. I think it is Michel Pastors greatest defeat. He took the presidency after a great success of its interim president and now it looks like he is going the same way as Jean louis Campora, who not only lost the presidency due to bad performance of the club, but also his presidency in the National council. He used to be one of the most powerful people in Monaco and nowadays you neither hear or see him. I'm not even sure whether he is still alive. And it looks as if Pastor is headed the same way. Also the fact that their club is not doing well is also a symbol for how Monaco is doing. And people here are very attached to ASM.

I'm not surprised that CHarlene looks bored. If you are not really interested in foot, a bad game is very boring to watch, whereas a good game can really capture even the most uninterested person. Especially if you watch an underdog not rolling over to die when they are playing a champion club, but instead putting up a good fight and showing the best they have. Sometimes they even win;)

I don't think the game have nothing to do with it.
I suppose you are right as it seems that they actually won and are leading the championship (ok the season only just started, but last year they were extremely bad, so let's wait and see). So no excuse for those faces.;)

In the last time I saw a lot of pictures from Albert and Charlene, but I have never the feeling that these two are really in love with each other. I have always the feeling, that the are just friends and there is a special arrangement between them.

I think they are just friends. To keep people from asking him when he going to get marry. If he keep the same woman around they just think they don't know.

Charlene is strong woman if he don't commit by next year I think she leave him.
Charlene will NEVER give up! If their relationships ends it will be because HE dumps HER. And he doesn't see a reason to do so, because she is his cover, as bad as she may appear.

Charlene will NEVER give up! If their relationships ends it will be because HE dumps HER. And he doesn't see a reason to do so, because she is his cover, as bad as she may appear.

I agree. Charlene is not going to leave him. What would she go back to? To her, maybe something is better than nothing even if marriage is her desire.

Why is there such antipathy towards Charlene? What did she ever do? She seems lovely and bright. Yes, she looks bored at the game, but perhaps, the game bores her. Ranier used to fall asleep at ballets and the opera and snore, much to Grace's discomfort.

Why is there such antipathy towards Charlene? What did she ever do? She seems lovely and bright. Yes, she looks bored at the game, but perhaps, the game bores her. Ranier used to fall asleep at ballets and the opera and snore, much to Grace's discomfort.

I agree with your opinion of her. I think compared to Albert's other women she is quite a step up, in fact.

Albert is no prize.

he maybe no prize to you but to cherlene he is, that is why she is no longer training for swimming team, she have already set her mind in becomeing princess of monaco,all she have to do now is keep waiting and go to every offical events with him hopeful he will purpose live on a television to her.

Will Albert let Charlene become Princess of Monaco? I LOVE OPERA & BALLET maybe Rainer don't like opera and ballet and Grace made him go to it. But they said,Charlene like sports.

I guess the issue with the relationship between Albert and Charlene has more to do with the fact that they have such a huge age difference, social differences, etc. Granted, they are both former Olympians and have an interest in sports and partying, but is that enough to maintain a relationship??

Unfortunately, with the presence of the media, the public has been able to see the cracks in other "fairy tale" royal romances. After the wedding ends, the marriage and responsibilities begin, and that's when you need a solid relationship built on friendship, trust, loyalty, shared values and vision. In other words you need to be a good team (at least in public) like Elizabeth & Philip, Juan Carlos & Sofia, Grace & Rainier, etc. Even some of the next generation have that strong bond that will hold them together when the everyday duties of crown, country, and family start to wear them down.

After nearly two years on these boards what I can get from everyone's sense of unease at this relationship is that Charlene and Albert lack that sense of being a team. Whatever it is that is drawing them together now doesn't seem to be what could possibly sustain them for the long haul. I think that all parties involved deserve better than that. And what we also find very irksome is that the two of them verbally present a front to the world that is contradictory to their actions.

So, if you want us to buy into this chapter of the royal fairy tale, give us something solid to believe in. We've been disappointed too many times before.

JMO...let target practice begin.

Hey Pinklady long time. You should know by now (everyone should) it doesn't matter who the woman is Albert dates she can even be 45, beautiful with no past and the 90% of the people on these boards and others will find a fault or faults in her. Her teeth are too big, breasts uneven or fake, did you see that ghastly dress, hat or shoes she had on OMG she's got as much of a personality as a fence post which woman use to gossip over or at tea. Saying nice things about AL or Charlene will only cause more gossip and personal attacks.

I feel sorry for both of them because all they are doing is trying to enjoy each others company. In the end when they go to bed at night others aren't looking at him and saying good night I love you. The woman he chooses he must live with not any of us.

Last edited:
Will Albert let Charlene become Princess of Monaco? I LOVE OPERA & BALLET maybe Rainer don't like opera and ballet and Grace made him go to it. But they said,Charlene like sports.

You are right, Ranier hated ballet and opera. Perhaps, Charlene, like sports, but not this partuclar one.

Hey Pinklady long time. You should know by now (everyone should) it doesn't matter who the woman is Albert dates she can even be 45, beautiful with no past and the 90% of the people on these boards and others will find a fault or faults in her. Her teeth are too big, breasts uneven or fake, did you see that ghastly dress, hat or shoes she had on OMG she's got as much of a personality as a fence post which woman use to gossip over or at tea. Saying nice things about AL or Charlene will only cause more gossip and personal attacks.
I feel sorry for both of them because all they are doing is trying to enjoy each others company. In the end when they go to bed at night others aren't looking at him and saying good night I love you. The woman he chooses he must live with not any of us.
I'll not say booooo, because I'm only a Monaco watcher, not emotionally involved, not Albert fan or Grimaldi fan... I'm only trying to look forward pics, informations about current affairs without pink glasses.

he maybe no prize to you but to cherlene he is, that is why she is no longer training for swimming team, she have already set her mind in becomeing princess of monaco,all she have to do now is keep waiting and go to every offical events with him hopeful he will purpose live on a television to her.

More power to her, if that's what she has set her mind to...who am I to judge?

I believe that having Charlene living with him is a big step for Prince Albert. This might be a trial time for them now that they are living together. In a normal relationship, couples court for a while before taking the plunge into marriage. As Mary and Frederick also had a long distance relationship for a couple of years and then she moved to Denmark, but they didn't get engaged as soon as she got there. Why do people feel that for Prince Albert to be serious about his relationship with Charlene, there must be an engagement. Couples need time to get to know each other and especially for Charlene who is with a long time bachelor, with a high profile life and runs a country. Not your everyday boyfriend/girlfriend love story. There are a lot of challenges that she must face and they both need time to see if they can deal with the pressure of being in the limelight. I think they are doing the right thing by taking their time and not jumping into marriage because it's what the world thinks they should do. They are always surrounded by people, doing many different activities, his entourage is always there at his call. But just the fact that she is now living with him, tells me that he wants her by his side and that is a commitment in itself. Charlene is very young and needs a lot of training and guidance. She might not be interested in everything he does and will find what is her call on her own. He is a bachelor set in his ways which she will have to deal with and I am sure that will not be easy. So you see, these too face a lot of stuff that will have to be dealt with before an engagement is announced.

You are right that there will always be someone to find fault, but lets be honest, ALbert is not really behaving in a way that avoids it. The size of his country can't be the reason, as there are other royals ruling small countries who are not continously attracting ridicule. I don't remember Rainier being ridiculed, so it has to be sth in Alberts behaviour that attracts it and makes people not respect him the way they do others. But I head of state dancing about a room with a tie around his head is not really helping is it? I am sure if he was more respected, Charlene would receive much less criticism. Prince Frederick was quite a ridiculous person in his youth too, dating inappropriate women etc. That's why people felt justified in criticising Mary, while they didn't know anything about her. And she is still being criticised. Whereas Mette-Marit, although probably having the worst background and the most baggage, was criticised in the beginning, but after having settled into her marriage she is now respected, not only because of her work, but also because her husband was never giving cause for ridicule - unlike his sister. I suppose that people think that if a well respected man choses a wife that she can't be all that bad, whereas when a playboy with little selfrespect and sense of selfdignity choses to present his girlfriend that resembles all other conquests he has shown up with before, people simply assume that she can't be all that good since she is going out with him. And if she continues to proof peoples point by making misleading or untrue statements, then there it is no surprise that the label will keep stuck on her.

Charlene is very young and needs a lot of training and guidance. She might not be interested in everything he does and will find what is her call on her own. He is a bachelor set in his ways which she will have to deal with and I am sure that will not be easy. So you see, these too face a lot of stuff that will have to be dealt with before an engagement is announced.
Since when is 29 a couple of months shy of 30 VERY young? Other women have families and fulltime careers by then and have finished their education in their mid twenties? Not so long ago she would have been considered a desperate old spinster. Remember the comparrison of women at thirty more likely of being eaten by a tiger on the street then ending as someones wife? Besides that a woman her age should not be in need of having to learn much and being trained. She isn't 19 after all.

Yes he is a bachelor set in his ways and he doesn't look as if that will ever change. He probably takes after his greatgrandfather Louis there. Lucky for him that Caro already provided legitimate heirs so there won't be any need for him to desperately search for an heir.

Paca, you are right. Charlene is not very young, but she does and will need a lot of training to do the job of Princess of Monaco. She has dedicated most of her life to her sport and now apparently has decided that being Prince Albert's girlfriend is her new dedication. I do wish them well. With so many rich and famous empty headed women, I don't see Charlene as such a bad choice. Don't you see he has lost his chance to having a family life at an earlier age? It would have been very nice to have seen him surrounded by children and a dedicated wife maybe even before his mother's death. But he chose to live a free, happy go lucky, French Riviera life and now this is what he needs to do. I do hope Charlene is up to the challenge because he needs to finally settle down and create a family. Monaco needs to have a ruler who is a dedicated and responsible family man to bring more than just prestige to the principality. It needs to become more human, warm and that is why I am pleased Prince Albert agreed to partner with Nelson Mandela and do the fundraising this weekend. Prince Albert's life could be very empty and lonely if he doesn't find the right woman to share it with. I hope it is Charlene so that he can be happy and fulfilled.

Now I've finally cottoned on to the fact there's a new sub forum: let the games begin... :flowers:
Who has ever said she likes sports? It is assumed, but the fact that she was a professional athete doesn't mean she has to actually like other sports. It doesn't even have to mean she likes her own sport.
If those two are enjoying each other's company, they have a funny way of showing it. Their faces predict 10 days of tsunamis or twenty days of funerals. If that's joy and enjoyment, I'd love to see what their faces look like when they're at odds with each other. :ermm:
I believe that having Charlene living with him is a big step for Prince Albert. This might be a trial time for them now that they are living together. In a normal relationship, couples court for a while before taking the plunge into marriage. As Mary and Frederick also had a long distance relationship for a couple of years and then she moved to Denmark, but they didn't get engaged as soon as she got there. Why do people feel that for Prince Albert to be serious about his relationship with Charlene, there must be an engagement. Couples need time to get to know each other and especially for Charlene who is with a long time bachelor, with a high profile life and runs a country. Not your everyday boyfriend/girlfriend love story. There are a lot of challenges that she must face and they both need time to see if they can deal with the pressure of being in the limelight. I think they are doing the right thing by taking their time and not jumping into marriage because it's what the world thinks they should do. They are always surrounded by people, doing many different activities, his entourage is always there at his call. But just the fact that she is now living with him, tells me that he wants her by his side and that is a commitment in itself. Charlene is very young and needs a lot of training and guidance. She might not be interested in everything he does and will find what is her call on her own. He is a bachelor set in his ways which she will have to deal with and I am sure that will not be easy. So you see, these too face a lot of stuff that will have to be dealt with before an engagement is announced.
miraglia1983, so far, the living together is a myth created by the tabloids to spice things up. I know of no evidence to support this theory. Besides, Albert is the head of state of a country that has catholicism as state religion. Living in sin is just about the worst thing he can do. Having said that, I'm not sure if it tops the two illegitimate children, but since the pope was cheerful and friendly enough the last time Albert visited him and since Albert didn't look as if he was told off at that visit, maybe Albert is a special case? :eek:

Also, Albert and Charlene know each other since 2001. That is six years. And they spent two of them practically living in each other's pockets. If after that time they still don't know each other and still can't make up their minds, it's a lost case imo.

If Albert is indeed living with this woman openly I think that it's foolhardy bordering on just plain stupid and disrespectful.

Albert is not Prince of some Scandinavian country where this type of thing is considered normal. Yes I know that both of his sisters did it but I thought it was tacky of them as well....what is so hard about maintaining separate residences until you are married in the sight of God and man?? This type of behavior(if it's true) is not likely to endear Albert further with his subjects.

Or maybe they are past caring what he does at this point.

I would agree, that they need time as a couple and would be smart to spend some real time together to really get to know each other outside of the public eye. But they took this relationship public from the beginning at a time that was probably the worst thing Albert could have done. People wanted to see what he would do as a new Monarch (especially in the face of the annoucements &/or problems of his private life.) The fact that he would then show up flaunting an attention loving girl, 20 yrs his junior, speaks volumes to many.

They both seem to enjoys the publicity that each other brings?? And from her behavior she is in it for the publicity and not for any great love for Albert, it certainly gives that appearance, which makes them both look like amatures. I think Albert realizes this and really must not care why anyone dates him? He as always dated this same publicity seeking opportunist type of woman. If he wanted to know of a woman's true feelings for him, he might keep her away from the publicity & expensive perks to see if she would stay around - you can't say he doesn't know any better (with his experience), and from their first date, Charlene revealed herself for what kind of girl she was and what she was after. I don't know why we keep expecting something or someone different for him really??

Anyway, if either one of them had a clue they would try to keep there private life private, so they could get to know each other the way most other mature couples do, who are in the public eye (& otherwise) know to do. But Albert has Charlene at his side at public events walking in him and his family, when she is not yet in that postion. This is where all the criticism comes from, since they are not engaged, it really shows bad form. This is very immature on both of there parts, especially Albert who seems to want to mingle with the big boys, who I can't imagine take Albert very serious. The way they have handled the relationship shows little class, the fact that she is not mature or smart enough to not want to keep the relationship private is very revealing as to her lack of maturity & development as a person, and Albert's.

She does not seem to have a problem with the limelight, one might think it was her only ambition, which is the other problem people have with her and Albert for once again dating a woman who is only interested in being famous & rich as you mention in your other post.

"Charlene is very young & needs a lot of training and guidance" the fact that this is more than evident, is what is so disturbing. She is not young (Grace was younger), it is that she is so immature & underdeveloped for her age! Even if she was mature for her age, there is a 20 yr age difference. It is obvious this relationship is not about love, but something else, which is why no one in the 21st Century can see this as some fairytale romance, just old fashion insecurities involving lust & greed, both using the only thing they think they have, to attract opportunity (IMO). Sad!

The thing these two need to face and deal with before an engagement, is to grow up. This relationship has already damaged his reputation as a man, which does not reflect well on his position as a monarch (IMO).

Paca & Ghislaine, Well said!

Pink Lady, Great posts. I completely agree. That is why it is even more important that these two share something in common, at the very least a level of maturity (hopefully age appropriate).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom