Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about "no self esteem";
when i spoke about sel esteem, Iwas thinking at yacht girls pics... We saw her photo looking at those pics in Nice or Roissy Airport... a man or woman could make "errors" ... Albert's error was a slap on her face and all people and monegasque saw it.
I suppose it's possible to be an international-standard sports star without self esteem, but I don't know that it'd be that common.
Is she still blabbing to the press, or are you referring to interviews she gave last year?
i guess she have been told to keep her mouth and dad's mouth closed, when she was 3rd on Telkom event she said that she only trained 3 monthes and before she had said hardly training... some of us elsewhere were joking about jacuzzi training
Seems as though more than a few girls who hook up with princes give interviews in the excitement of the early relationship and learn their lessons later
I'm not used in royals...
. Heck, even the Queen Mother spoke to the newspapers after her engagement and ended up getting reprimanded by King George V.
However, yes, it appears that Albert has found himself a companion who, at least on the surface, has more style than substance. But given his history, is anyone surprised? And was anyone really expecting any different? And would that necessarily stop her becoming a viable consort to a prince like Albert?
about viable consort I think she will have to train:lol: table manners, not looking directely to camera, no fixed smile, no silly adoration glance.....Here's link to LS Games look at her in the end of video...YouTube - Monaco 2007 Games of Small States of Europe

Maybe he should spend some time on this forum. I'm sure we could give him some highly valuable training. :D

LOL. I think some of Rainier's old advisors Albert reportedly sacked after his enthronement could be more suited and probably willing to take the job...but if he can't find anyone else, I will try to find someone to help him, in honour of the memory of his parents!

ETA: LadyMacalpine, I would agree with your post if it wasn't based on an hypothesis that I consider wrong: that whatever Albert likes is good..he might like Charlene, her behaviour, her way of dressing, but this doesn't make me like them as well, I still have my own opinion about all those things. Which of course have absolutely no bearing on Albert's decisions and actions, but will determine my interest in Monaco and the Princely Family.

Last edited:
ETA: LadyMacalpine, I would agree with your post if it wasn't based on an hypothesis that I consider wrong: that whatever Albert likes is good...

Of course, not everything Albert thinks is good but at the end of the day, Albert is the one who will have to go to bed with his wife every night (not any of us) so his ability to remain comfortable with his prospective wife through good times and bad is of paramount importance.

We may prefer a woman like Princess Grace but if that type of woman makes Albert's stomach churn every time he wakes up in the morning, then he will not do us nor himself any favors by marrying a copy of Grace.

about viable consort I think she will have to train:lol: table manners, not looking directely to camera, no fixed smile, no silly adoration glance.....Here's link to LS Games look at her in the end of video...YouTube - Monaco 2007 Games of Small States of Europe

Oh, I'm sure that can be done if both of them think it's necessary. Most of us would need training in how to negotiate a table full of silverware and how to deal with having cameras in our faces the entire time. I suppose she could get some lessons from Prince Harry about the most effective body parts of a cameraman to kick or punch...;)

But what's wrong with the adoring glances? I could understand your resevations if she was sticking her tongue out at Albert behind his back or something, but so far I haven't seen evidence of that sort of duplicity.

All of which is assuming that being his consort is part of the agenda anyway, which it might not be.

Of course, not everything Albert thinks is good but at the end of the day, Albert is the one who will have to go to bed with his wife every night (not any of us) so his ability to remain comfortable with his prospective wife through good times and bad is of paramount importance.
We may prefer a woman like Princess Grace but if that type of woman makes Albert's stomach churn every time he wakes up in the morning, then he will not do us nor himself any favors by marrying a copy of Grace.
i'm not hoping a "Grace copycat" . It's not good in a couple when mother's image/mind... is between man and woman. I think that if Albert has (one day???) a wife/companion it should be better fot his mind that his wife/companion was different, he would be an aduld instead of a son (not speaking about his lot of mistresses one night...)Mother's image/behaviour/ mind has nothing to do in a couple "mind" JMO

Well of course your post is completely right, and it would be really stupid on my part to think my opinion has any influence whatsoever on Albert's decision, first because he will never know what I think, second because what I think doesn't really matter for him, and finally because if he lets the opinion of anyone interfere with his personal decisions he is more immature than I think he is!

This said and cleared, my point is none of us, as far as I know, is Albert's friend, so his marital status can only affect us as fans (for lack of a better word), and his chosen wife will only affect us as her "public". Well, I can write about Charlene on a free forum, but I wouldn't spend my money to buy a mag for her pictures, and I wouldn't go to Monaco for her presence; and it is only in that capacity that my, our, opinion has any value.

Should Albert chose a bride based on public consent? Obviously not!
Can I hope he picks someone that he loves but that will also be good for Monaco like Grace Kelly was, cause I care about the Principality and the Princely Family? If he doesn't, I wish him a very happy life with a wife he hopefully loves, I just won't be interested in their life (which for them might be a huge relief, but also a business loss).

In any case, whether he loves Charlene or not, I still think he is handling the whole issue quite poorly, exposing Charlene to public scrutiny and putting her in an uncomfortable position I would never have accepted...

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sure that can be done if both of them think it's necessary. Most of us would need training in how to negotiate a table full of silverware and how to deal with having cameras in our faces the entire time. I suppose she could get some lessons from Prince Harry about the most effective body parts of a cameraman to kick or punch...;)
But what's wrong with the adoring glances
official event and not an appropriate behaviour.. she's nothing else than one of his mistresses for the moment ..it's a way for her to clain he's mine..;.look at me.
? I could understand your resevations if she was sticking her tongue out at Albert behind his back or something, but so far I haven't seen evidence of that sort of duplicity.
All of which is assuming that being his consort is part of the agenda anyway, which it might not be.
Some monegasque when they saw her on giant screens were making gestures and whispering (i heard!!) paca spoke about whistles, I heard about her ..; il n'a qu'à la laisser à la maison, regarde la meuf qui colle...

Last edited:
Some monegasque when they saw her on giant screens were making gestures and whispering (i heard!!) paca spoke about whistles, I heard about her ..; il n'a qu'à la laisser à la maison, regarde la meuf qui colle...

Some British people refer to the Queen as a parasite. You'll never please everyone. As Grace said, Albert's putting Charlene in an uncomfortable position where she has the exposure but not the protection in her current limbo of being his companion without any commitment (that we know of). I didn't see any behaviour of hers in that YouTube clip that was out-of-the-way unacceptable. Apart from the adoring glances, of course, which are fairly nauseating, but Albert might actually quite like being looked at that way. :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
It's not that the glances are unacceptable...and this is JUST MY OPINION...but it seems like she is trying to hard to prove that she loves Albert for Albert. From what I can tell -- and this is just my observations -- is that she is in love with the lifestyle that being Albert's official companion provides just as much as she is in love with Albert. The million dollar question is, if Albert were an Economics professor, would she find him as attractive? I'm sure this is something Albert has asked himself a bazillion times and I'm sure we'll never know the answer. So unless and until the whole situation falls apart and one of them talks about it, we're just left to scratch our heads and comment from a far just like the rest of the world.

Quick poll to you men in the blogging audience: do those kinds of looks make you feel loved or uncomfortable? From my male friends, most of them said that in public they make them feel uncomfortable. While this may be a little off topic, it just begs to be asked if this is where the discussion is headed.

Last edited:
Well, if I started doing that, my husband would think I'd gone insane. But Ronald Reagan seemed to thrive on the public adulation from Nancy.

Matter of interest, how do you think she'd be behaving differently if she was in love with Albert himself rather than his checkbook?

Well, if I started doing that, my husband would think I'd gone insane. But Ronald Reagan seemed to thrive on the public adulation from Nancy.

Matter of interest, how do you think she'd be behaving differently if she was in love with Albert himself rather than his checkbook?
I think in that case she would have been first of all very keen on NOT being under public scrutiny for as long as possible. She would have avoided for the press to find out, not before friends and family, but before the public in order to have a chance to spend at least some time without them participating. Unlike with most people they will never really have the chance to be just private and that's why I think she would have cherrished to be with him alone for as long as possible. Instead she was proclaiming it to the world and treating him like a trophy (though in a way he is doing the same with her, which makes him appear like one of those aging men having a midlife crisis). Once the press would have found out, there would have been plenty of occasion for her to get used to it, although to a certain degree she already was. Also the choice of making their new romance public was odd. At any other occasion she might have passed unnoticed and the press would have been busy to get a name to go with the face. But they chose the OLympics with hundreds of sportreporters present who had been reporting from other Olympics and sports, so there was bound to be at least one among them who would have the name to the face. Thus we knew within hours of the first pics of them as a couple who she was and not long after that the first article of her account of meeting Albert at the mare nostrum was found. All those other now princesses seemed to have protected their privacy with the men they love for as long as they could, whereas Charlene behaved like all the other women who dated Albert and couldn't help themselves by talking to the press. That is maybe one of the reasons why I have such a problem to think that this relationship is anything other then what we have seen Albert do before. Maybe I'm too romantic, but IMO there is a difference in how you are with that special person once you find her/him and with Charlene it just seems to be the same he has had before, just more public because he is the boss now and he can do what he likes (or at least that's what he seems to think and is just learning the hard way that it is not at all the case, hence his recent address to the people)

Well of course your post is completely right, and it would be really stupid on my part to think my opinion has any influence whatsoever on Albert's decision, first because he will never know what I think, second because what I think doesn't really matter for him, and finally because if he lets the opinion of anyone interfere with his personal decisions he is more immature than I think he is!

This said and cleared, my point is none of us, as far as I know, is Albert's friend, so his marital status can only affect us as fans (for lack of a better word), and his chosen wife will only affect us as her "public". Well, I can write about Charlene on a free forum, but I wouldn't spend my money to buy a mag for her pictures, and I wouldn't go to Monaco for her presence; and it is only in that capacity that my, our, opinion has any value.

Should Albert chose a bride based on public consent? Obviously not!
Can I hope he picks someone that he loves but that will also be good for Monaco like Grace Kelly was, cause I care about the Principality and the Princely Family? If he doesn't, I wish him a very happy life with a wife he hopefully loves, I just won't be interested in their life (which for them might be a huge relief, but also a business loss).

In any case, whether he loves Charlene or not, I still think he is handling the whole issue quite poorly, exposing Charlene to public scrutiny and putting her in an uncomfortable position I would never have accepted...

You make a lot of sense Grace. :) I agree with you about how Albert is handling this. I personally don't follow the Grimaldis much any more even though I was fanatical about them during the 70s and early 80s. It seemed that when Grace was alive they appeared to have more of an American influence which as an American I could relate to better. Since she has been gone, it just seems not as easy for me to relate to them any more and I lost interest.

But I still check on them from time to time.

Love ???

:ohmy:
What if they are just really in love with each other, get TONS of private time when they are not being public ... and what if they just don't care what anyone thinks? He has spent his entire life worrying about what his father thinks to the point that he would not even consider a serious affectionate relationship ... he might just be making up for lost time, lost youth and lost chances at being a loving romantic human being who is being loved back by someone. He always had many girls probably because there was no point in having just one. And even while he dated, he usually DID have one secretly in the back. His life has been a charade for so long .. he probably has nothing to hide right now and although their behaviour is less than regal ... is it really any less?

Haakon and Mette-Marit jumped right in .. moved in together, etc .... take it or leave it and the country took it! Denmark's Frederick brought his "girlfriend" over in instalments and moved her life towards him in layers .. which every Dane watched and many scoffed at ... but fully accepted as time went on ... easier for the public to accept a "commoner" in public layers and small moves!

I say they are dating, coupling whatever ... but they are as entitled to it as the rest of us and I think the wee principality is getting very used to seeing Charlene at his side! So are we!

Education? ... she can be molded to be whatever is needed.
Career? .. she would have to give it up anyway. And many successful women give up career for children and marriage. Hers would have been over in 2008 anyway!
Swimming/Olympics? How deep were her goals? She was never going to be outstanding, but she did stick with the one thing she excels at. Most of us do not take that chance on ourselves .. she has more self-confidence than most of us.
Gossip? What is a msg board anyway? None of us know FACTS, really. Charlene would & I don't think she cares what the world thinks .. just her partner's opinion. I would be the same!

It is what it is!

R.:flowers:

Maybe he does not want someone educated and streetsmart and able to disagree with him too readily ... that would be like hanging out with his father! He wants to RULE .. his way .. and maybe he is like this with his home life as well .. a wife he finds pretty who has children, enjoys the press, loves the lifestyle, steps back when she has to and takes good care of herself and looks good on film.

She has someone taking care of her LOOKS now .. we all know that .. she shines with confidence of someone who KNOWS she is being groomed. Charlene has lighter make-up now, better clothing which fall better and shows her height and make her look more statuesque. She is standing next to PA all the time and keeping her glances down ... demure ... SHE IS BEING GROOMED or is at least aiming to watch herself more. Everything about her is getting more professional attention .. her hair, nails, clothing, shoes, smile, eyes, etc ... the car ... she is being installed ... don't you think? It was not an advertisement. They are NOT sponsoring her for anything. And she is not making such money!

R.

First of all, I don't think that Albert could possibly stop her from talking to the press as she can always claim that they want to talk to her about swimming etc etc. It is not unusual for athletes to talk to the press and Albert knows this. The only thing he has stopped her from doing is to directly relate things about her private life as long as it is with regards to him which is sth she did in the beginning. (Tasha and others have been doing the same, so he is used to it, doesn't mean that he is happy about it though) She does allude to it though but she is getting better at it, though still she mentions that her boyfriend is calling etc. As to her attractiveness, I suppose that tastes are different and ALberts taste is not necessarily other peoples taste. He was with Nicole and Tamara before and I found neither of them particularly attractive, but obviously Albert thought so, so that shows that considering other women he dated, he has a fairly indiscriminate taste in women as long as they measure about 1,70m plus and are slim ad don't need too much chasing. (don't think he ever had one that was short and a little chubby :D) And I agree with you absolutely about the Rose ball, that's when she looked absolutely stunning. I'd love to see her like that at every event ... since she was absent there :lol::lol:
Attractiveness comes in more than one form and that was the way I meant it. What I said about her speaking to the press I was saying if he disapproved of it regarding him and asked her not to no of us would see or her because she would no longer be his girlfriend but far away from him. Charlene not dressing appropriately it also applies if he felt her clothing wasn't appropriate for a function she would be instructed to change. This is my opinion and I'm sorry if you don't agree she'd be history if Albert strongly objected to anything. Albert likes her and that's all that matters.

He wants to RULE .. his way .. and maybe he is like this with his home life as well ...

Maybe you have the idea of monarchs actually ruling a country. About a Prince or a King giving orders, etc.

In fact they have excellent ministers and civil servants who taka care for a proper working of the state's institutions, the public works, the social security, the police, the health care, etc.

The Prince of Monaco is no exception in that. If a citizen stops the Prince to complain about a broken sewer in High Street, the Prince would turn to his secretary of Public Works and say: "I thought you were paid to solve this? Why am I bothered with this?"

And that is how it works. And how it should work. The Prince of Monaco is just The Prince. It is his principlaity and there are lots of people governing and administrating it, out of his name. He can swim a few lines with Charlene without making too much fuss about 'ruling'.

:flowers:

Attractiveness comes in more than one form and that was the way I meant it. What I said about her speaking to the press I was saying if he disapproved of it regarding him and asked her not to no of us would see or her because she would no longer be his girlfriend but far away from him. Charlene not dressing appropriately it also applies if he felt her clothing wasn't appropriate for a function she would be instructed to change. This is my opinion and I'm sorry if you don't agree she'd be history if Albert strongly objected to anything. Albert likes her and that's all that matters.
He wants her around hidden sometimes not hidden sometimes, he enjoys moments with her... in the same way as a lot of his ex.

Maybe you have the idea of monarchs actually ruling a country. About a Prince or a King giving orders, etc.
In fact they have excellent ministers and civil servants who taka care for a proper working of the state's institutions, the public works, the social security, the police, the health care, etc.
The Prince of Monaco is no exception in that. If a citizen stops the Prince to complain about a broken sewer in High Street, the Prince would turn to his secretary of Public Works and say: "I thought you were paid to solve this? Why am I bothered with this?"
And that is how it works. And how it should work. The Prince of Monaco is just The Prince. It is his principlaity and there are lots of people governing and administrating it, out of his name. He can swim a few lines with Charlene without making too much fuss about 'ruling'.
In Monaco, the Prince takes decisions... if not struggle for power... what do you think about so many people who changed in "cabinet princier" in "gouvernement princier"? too much wavering...

We may not be as different as you think. Of course I think it would be magnificent for Albert to choose a well-eductated and well-rounded woman for his consort. I think Rania of Jordan is the quintessential Queen, beautiful, elegant YET brilliant and with a social conscience.

The fact is, Albert has never been attracted to bookish females, or even women like his sister Caroline(introverted, brainy) And for all his talk of his late mother being his feminine ideal, he has never seemed attracted to women like Grace Kelly either, except physically.

Charlene apparently is quite rough around the edges but none of those rough edges are in my opinion incapable of being smoothed out. If an unwed mother
and former girlfriend of a convicted criminal can be spruced up to be Norway's future Queen, an under-educated Olympic swimmer can certainly be transformed into an acceptable Princess for an aging playboy with enough baggage to sink a luxury liner...that's all I'm trying to say here.

I do think we are of two different minds, because it seems that some people are talking about whether Charlene is capable of achieving a Princess Title in this "Prince Albert - The Bachelor" reality show? Others I believe are talking about whether are not these two will be able to have a fulfilling, loving, & enduring marriage? He is almost 50 yrs of age, I would think this is something he would wish for at this stage of his life. I believe that marriage is hard enough without the position they will be in. Also a 20 year age difference, as you get older is even more difficult (imo). It almost always ends in divorce when the woman matures a little & Charlene does not strike me as very mature for a woman who is almost 30. Perhaps they have more in common than we know & they will be able to share friends & interests, if they consider that part of a relationship? I would hope that Albert would want a marriage with some equity, a marriage where he feels his wife is a partner & could act as a sounding board at least, where he might be able to have respect for her judgement and not just as some kind of symbol? They will need to represent Monaco together.

I am glad to see that some are able to see Diana's flaws, but there is a difference in age in these women and it is also 2007? I do not think that participating in the Olympics should be in lieu of developing character, wisdom & grace. If anything they might think to strive a little higher. In the U.S. you are not handed an education because you are an Olympic hopeful. In fact I believe in many ways other countries provide for Olympian pursuits more than the U.S. does? But, I do believe more & more is expected in the way of character from these athletes & they know they are going to have to rise to the occassion when or if, they find themselves in the public eye & looking for sponsorships & endorsement opportunities if they are this lucky, and if not, they will have to evolve & move on in life..

I don't believe anyone should have to be "spruced up"? Learning some extra protocol is one thing, but one's character & behavior should be firmly in place by the age of 30 or to anyone who finds herself in the position that Charlene & Albert have placed her in? They have not handled their relationship well. Charlene has bad press because she is being marketed as if she is some type of commodity. This should not be required of any woman? I don't care whose idea it was or is, they both have agreed to it & Charlene has now presented herself as if she is after nothing more than vainglory (the 20 yr age difference begs that question). Some of her own actions & statements seem to support this idea to many. People who think it doesn't make much difference, should see what is happening to Judi Giuliani right now. Has anyone seen the article in Vanity fair (among others) Both her & her husband are now finding themselves in the position of trying to apologize for her ignorance & her social climbing behavior. Giuliani's wife is now a detriment to his career and whatever reputation he had? Albert does not have to run for office, but he does seem to want to expand Monaco's image?

Paca, Grace & Elspeth & some I've missed, Great Posts!

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone should have to be "spruced up"? Learning some extra protocol is one thing, but one's character & behavior should be firmly in place by the age of 30 or to anyone who finds herself in the position that Charlene & Albert have placed her in? They have not handled their relationship well.

I don't think there's much argument about that, but we're just seeing the public face of the relationship, and goodness only knows what's really going on. I remember last year there were arguments that the relationship was being talked up to draw attention away from the Jazmin revelations and also that the Jazmin revelations were being timed to draw attention away from Albert and Charlene. A year later, nothing much seems to have changed. It's looking more and more as though the talk about the 2008 Olympics is just an excuse to keep things in limbo for another year, although after that it might be interesting to see what happens.

If Albert is going to marry and have children, he's not got many really good choices because there aren't that many intelligent, cultured, educated, attractive thirty-something women out there who haven't already found themselves a husband. So he's either going to end up with a divorcee or widow, or with a thirty-something who isn't all that intelligent, cultured, etc, or with an even younger woman, which is going to look like cradle-snatching. For the moment his relationship with Charlene is looking quite a bit like that of an aging rich guy with a trophy wife except that she isn't a wife.

In a way I sort of hope she doesn't really love him as devotedly as those melting glances imply, because the way he's behaving would be really hurtful if she did. For the moment it seems to be just a rather strange sort of symbiosis. He's getting an attractive blonde to be photographed with, she's getting the trappings of his position, and neither of them are having to make any really major sacrifices or take on any responsibilities.

I don't think there's much argument about that, but we're just seeing the public face of the relationship, and goodness only knows what's really going on. I remember last year there were arguments that the relationship was being talked up to draw attention away from the Jazmin revelations and also that the Jazmin revelations were being timed to draw attention away from Albert and Charlene. A year later, nothing much seems to have changed. It's looking more and more as though the talk about the 2008 Olympics is just an excuse to keep things in limbo for another year, although after that it might be interesting to see what happens.

If Albert is going to marry and have children, he's not got many really good choices because there aren't that many intelligent, cultured, educated, attractive thirty-something women out there who haven't already found themselves a husband. So he's either going to end up with a divorcee or widow, or with a thirty-something who isn't all that intelligent, cultured, etc, or with an even younger woman, which is going to look like cradle-snatching. For the moment his relationship with Charlene is looking quite a bit like that of an aging rich guy with a trophy wife except that she isn't a wife.

In a way I sort of hope she doesn't really love him as devotedly as those melting glances imply, because the way he's behaving would be really hurtful if she did. For the moment it seems to be just a rather strange sort of symbiosis. He's getting an attractive blonde to be photographed with, she's getting the trappings of his position, and neither of them are having to make any really major sacrifices or take on any responsibilities.
Absolutely agree with you there. I love the cradle snatching bit. I'd like to add though that not only is ALbert limited in his choice of women, but also the question is, would he be able to handle such a woman? Would he be able to handle a woman that has made experiences in life and be able to form her own opinion on matters, an opinion that might not necessarily be his? Could he handle to be criticised constructively by an intelligent and educated woman. (not many men can) As it appears he is not that good in handling criticism from his advisors, how would he react with a woman? Especially since he doesn't seem to be used to that type of woman. IN my experience a lot of men have a problem with strong women and the saying goes that it takes a strong man to handle a strong woman. Somehow I don't see Albert as such a man. Maybe that is the reason why he chose a young adoring not so bright one?

In Monaco, the Prince takes decisions... if not struggle for power... what do you think about so many people who changed in "cabinet princier" in "gouvernement princier"? too much wavering...

Please, not us not exaggarate it.
The Principauté de Monaco has 30.000 inhabitants (only 5.000 real Monegasques, the rest is foreign, mainly French).

The Mayors of nearby Menton, Le Cannet, Grasse, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Cannes, Antibes and Nice have more inhabitants 'to rule' than Monseigneur Le Prince.

Hi Elspeth,

I agree with much you said, it does not look as if there is much going on in the way of true love between these two. But if she does, she has put herself in this position, hoping for an eventual outcome in her favor at any costs, I'm guessing? (such as I believe Diana did?) Or she would be paying attention to her own needs by now & living a life of her own as well, instead of placing all her bets on this relationship. I might have to disagree a little with who might be available for him. I think they just came out with a statistic that over 50% of women are not married. There are actually many women in there 30s & 40s & even 50s, that have never been married. I know them!:) It is not because there is something wrong with them, it' s because women more and more want & need to have a sense of oneself, be able to provide & support themselves, to educate themselves (formal or not), to be able to trust & rely on themselves & to travel & see the world & know that they are interesting women and they do not have to rely on a male to obtain these objectives. The men in their lives need to know that too! They look towards men to share companionship & enjoy each other & respect each other in a way that does not compromise them. It seems to be that, it is more the younger men in their 40s & 30s that appreciate the confidence in these women, who do not have other objectives in their lives other than love & companionship. I see more equity in these relationships where they are both looking for compassion & empathy in a relationship. It seems to be mostly men around Albert's age and older that still think it's cool to have a trophy wife, where a women's physical looks rule supreme & validate them as men. Regardless, I have many women friends Albert's age that would have no problem competing in the same arena in the looks dept with Charlene or women in her age bracket. Although you bring up one issue, I don't know how interested they would be in Albert? When women find out a man dates women 20 yrs younger, they usully get cut loose fast. Really! I had a friend who just called me yesterday about a guy she had been dating, she called it disturbing news! When she found out he had previously been dating a women 20 yrs younger? It highlighted for her where she thought he might have issues. She saw him in a new light that was not very attractive? I think in Albert's position it seems like he would have more in common with a women who could somehow identify with him in a lot of areas & be a source of strength and support & be able to bring some additional resources, at least in mind if nothing else. I believe Rainier left Caroline the same financial share because he thought it would probably be one of her children, who would continue on as Monarch, not anything against Albert or his possible children. But Rainier got to meet, know & enjoy Caroline's children as his grandchildren & now Albert will be quite an older age before he would be able to even start training his own children. Caroline's kids are already going to start training up for the position no matter what? Just in case? I think Albert should just find someone that he really loves, and that is emotionally mature enough to be his wife whatever her age. (JMO):flowers:

I agree I think all the Olympic talk in 2008,(IO) is just to buy some time, which raises the other issue you bring up? About Charlene continuing on in the position - as not his wife? Why they created this very public position for her prematurely is beyond me?

Let's stay on topic. This thread is about Albert and Charlene...not Albert's role as Prince of Monaco.

Thank you.

Last edited:

First statement: LOL!!!!! For some men, that's what they needed.

I think if Charlene were interested in Albert for Albert, she'd keep a lower profile and split her time between hard core training and being with Albert. No photo shoots, no car endorsements, no mentioning to reporters, "It's my boyfriend calling," etc. Maybe this is just a personality difference, and maybe the wisdom of my 8 years on Charlene, but I think if you were really interested in keeping the relationship about the other person, particularly if that person is very public, you'd be more careful to keep at least on aspect of their life private. Granted, that doesn't mean the press won't follow you, but don't give them grist for the mill.

I have read some great posts by most of you. Some stated about Fredrick and Mary's relationship and Prince Haakan and his wife. In Fredrick's case Mary did not go to official engagements with him until they were engaged. The Prince from Norway got alot of flack from the country and the church and then he announced his wedding. Let us bear in mind that they were all crown princes and not ruling monarchs. This is why Albert and Charlene's relationship seem so okward.

Last edited:
Please, not us not exaggarate it.
The Principauté de Monaco has 30.000 inhabitants (only 5.000 real Monegasques, the rest is foreign, mainly French).

The Mayors of nearby Menton, Le Cannet, Grasse, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Cannes, Antibes and Nice have more inhabitants 'to rule' than Monseigneur Le Prince.

With an 18% unemployment rate in those surrounding communities, the decision made in Monaco are highly important to the whole region from Nice to at least Ventigmillia in Italy (although I know of people commuting from as far as Imperia to work in Monaco). THe region is very much dependent on Monacos prosperity so, yes, those peole are living in France, but they are very much affected by the decisions made in Monaco. So you would have to add those over 30.000 people too, even though they are not living in Monaco.

It seems that currently several tabloids are reporting that todays Sunday independent had an article with regards to Charlene ad Albert. I haven't read the original as you need a subsciption, but the gist seems to be that her coach has set off for Monaco and claimed that it wasn't for a secret engagement. The title of the article was sth like she would be playing a main part in a Grace KElly romance which some German speaking tabloid misinterpreted as a movie part. In any case, why would a coach even mention an engagement or tell the press that he was travelling to meet her in Monaco? If reporters found out by themselves and stopped him at the airport as he was boarding the plane, he could have simply said sth about her training. It really seems that some people in South Africa are getting impatient and trying to put pressure on Albert to comitt when indeed a weeks ago he once again declared that he has no intention of getting married. It seems to me that it always comes from people close to Charlene or those she talks to, who are making statements in that direction. I remember that when Tasha was trying to put the screws on Albert, the palace finally put their foot down by making an official announcement. Of course it was Rainier at the time who put an end to the gossip, but I don't think that he would have done that without Alberts agreement. I wonder whether it is Charlene wanting to know where she stands, but is too scared of the answer or people around her who just try to catch a glimpse of the media attention. I mean who would have known the name of a South African swimming coach, unless they are experts in South African swimming? Show-Telegramm - Bild.T-Online.de

Well, if Albert has said he has no intention of marrying, these associates of Charlene's aren't doing her any favours by putting pressure on him. I would assume that'd make him more likely to end the relationship than commit. It's not as though the world is short of pretty blondes who'd like to date a prince.

Well, if Albert has said he has no intention of marrying, these associates of Charlene's aren't doing her any favours by putting pressure on him. I would assume that'd make him more likely to end the relationship than commit. It's not as though the world is short of pretty blondes who'd like to date a prince.
:D:D My thoughts exactly. And remember last year he made his public announcement of non-marriage plans (in the near or distant future) when things got totally out of hand with the rumours after red Cross? Briefly after that we saw him on Pics getting cozy with another woman on a yacht and Charlene leaving and disappearing until she reappeared New years.

But recently we have read in the Park Avenue article about her not being sure where things are headed and Bunte had a long article about Albert playing with her feelings. To top that a non tabloid published the remark of Caroline that her brother was never going to marry Charlene recently. And then of course Alberts repeated answers in recent interviews about no plans of marriage. Now we have her coaches statement plus a comment that she is suffering of an injured shoulder ( I think that was a few years back that she had a real injury, but I guess this is supposed to reinstate her credibility about her claims of coming to train in Europe when she did indeed nothing of the kind to our knowledge). I suppose they will soon publish those doctor pics from last may....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom