Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I have friends who work in Monaco. It seems: Albert let Charlene go home last year, pack up her life slowly while pursuing her last race. This way she could dispose of things, say good-byes, and leave her old life quietly, etc ... without too many people going through her garbage, raiding her luggage in transit and stealing her mementos for storytelling purposes. With everyone thinking they had split up, who was going to bother with her anymore???

She MOVED to Monaco a few months ago and is slowly being ensconced into the lifestyle of PA's family. He bought her the car for her own autonomy. She no longer has one in SA. He has a budget for her public relations and clothes and she usually has a bodyguard now as well. She has quarters in the palace and an account with most stores, etc .. in Monaco. She is being allowed to get used to the paparazzi as a "commoner" which is hard and scrutinous enough .. while they enjoy one another's company and make some Life decisions without being under a more serious microscope. Something similar was done with other royal brides-to-be .. they just kept moving closer and closer to their new homes and spending more and more time becoming part of their new families!

Even with learning French ... I am sure something is going on in the background .. but she will ONLY use the language during her first official speech .. she would not need to speak in French before then. I have heard that she had a French teacher assigned to her back in SA?

She really cannot be training for the Olympics in Monaco ... she is out late, eating rich foods, smoking, drinking and hardly spends an hour a day at any pool!? She is done with the Olympics but it will be who she is until her role changes! What would we have them say, "she does nothing"?

Let's theorize that he might really like this woman ... enjoys her beauty and company as he sees her ... and even if we all perceive her to have great flaws, how noble of him to not notice a single one and love her anyway! :eek:)

R.

But is she converting to the Catholic church?

Hi everyone!

I have friends who work in Monaco. It seems: Albert let Charlene go home last year, pack up her life slowly while pursuing her last race. This way she could dispose of things, say good-byes, and leave her old life quietly, etc ... without too many people going through her garbage, raiding her luggage in transit and stealing her mementos for storytelling purposes. With everyone thinking they had split up, who was going to bother with her anymore???

She MOVED to Monaco a few months ago and is slowly being ensconced into the lifestyle of PA's family. He bought her the car for her own autonomy. She no longer has one in SA. He has a budget for her public relations and clothes and she usually has a bodyguard now as well. She has quarters in the palace and an account with most stores, etc .. in Monaco. She is being allowed to get used to the paparazzi as a "commoner" which is hard and scrutinous enough .. while they enjoy one another's company and make some Life decisions without being under a more serious microscope. Something similar was done with other royal brides-to-be .. they just kept moving closer and closer to their new homes and spending more and more time becoming part of their new families!

Even with learning French ... I am sure something is going on in the background .. but she will ONLY use the language during her first official speech .. she would not need to speak in French before then. I have heard that she had a French teacher assigned to her back in SA?

She really cannot be training for the Olympics in Monaco ... she is out late, eating rich foods, smoking, drinking and hardly spends an hour a day at any pool!? She is done with the Olympics but it will be who she is until her role changes! What would we have them say, "she does nothing"?

Let's theorize that he might really like this woman ... enjoys her beauty and company as he sees her ... and even if we all perceive her to have great flaws, how noble of him to not notice a single one and love her anyway! :eek:)

R.

Thank you for the interesting insight Rosalee; does this mean Charlene is living completely out of Albert's money or is she supporting herself somehow (she might have savings from her past career)?

BTW, Albert always struck me as more interested in sports, women and enjoying life than in culture, so I'm sure Charlene's lack of education is not an issue for him...it might be in future official meeting with world leaders, but after all, the quality of elected Presidents around the world tends to decrease, so they as well might be more interested in sports than in literature or history...

Thank you for the interesting insight Rosalee; does this mean Charlene is living completely out of Albert's money or is she supporting herself somehow (she might have savings from her past career)?

BTW, Albert always struck me as more interested in sports, women and enjoying life than in culture, so I'm sure Charlene's lack of education is not an issue for him...it might be in future official meeting with world leaders, but after all, the quality of elected Presidents around the world tends to decrease, so they as well might be more interested in sports than in literature or history...
Personally I think that Rosalee was making, like most of us here, assumptions about where the money comes from to support the lifestyle she is leading at present. And since she has a billionaire prince as a boyfriend, she assumed that he set her up. That is not information that anyone in the palace would reveal (if they are interested in their job) and that many people in the palace would have access to. THat is sth though that I don't think that Albert would do before he is married or engaged though, as he is horrified by attracting a woman only de to the lifestyle she might live through association with him. He has said so in several interviews to that matter and explained often enough that he some of the women he dated were more interested in that then him as a man. Just as other celebrities Charlene does not need an account with anyone to find a dress or jewellery for the evening. She can borrow it like people do in Hollywood and elsewhere when they are invited. She will be photographed with Albert and that enough opens her the doors and vaults. As to the Audi, rereading what she is supposed to have said about the car, sounds like she has never driven here, as she is talking about narrow and steep roads. Well, most roads in Monaco are neither and when you go outside of Monaco where there really are narrow and steep roads, her car would actually prove too big to be any fun driving especially since you are not allowed and not able to go fast in those roads.:D Anyways I think that Rosalee was trying to unite Charlenes lifestyle with the limited means she has due to lack of present or past employment. Please note that she wrote "it seems" after mentioning that she has friends working in Monaco. Apparently people immediately assumed that these friends have direct access to details from the palace.
IMO Albert takes care of food and housing as it is already there and does not cost him extra. When they travel, he is using his plane and helicopter and there is enough space for her to squeeze in as is in the hotelsuits etc. Clothes and jewellery is borrowed IMO (she recently apparently wore a dress that Steph has been wearing before) So there is not much left she would have to pay for. At least nothing that a salesclerks income wouldn't cover (she could do with less since she is surely not paying rent anywhere), besides even if Albert isn't there, his friends would not let her pay for herself. So honestly, she does not need to earn a single cent to live the life she leads at present.

But is she converting to the Catholic church?

My guess is that she very well could be in the process of converting. If she is going to marry Albert(and this is not at all clear yet)she will have to convert.

But the process of conversion is something deeply personal. I am certain it would not be appropriate to announce this without first having an official annnouncement of her engagement-if there is one.

The same with learning to speak French. I see no reason to advertise this right now at all.

Rosalee, one question though. You claim that Albert bought her a car. Why would he buy her an Audi sportscar instead of a Hybrid car which he is driving and promoting himself.

Maybe he bought her one of Audi's new biodiesel cars, which is even more state-of-the-art (in the go-go-Green auto industry) than his hybrid Lexus.
It's just a thought, though.

Maybe he bought her one of Audi's new biodiesel cars, which is even more state-of-the-art (in the go-go-Green auto industry) than his hybrid Lexus.
It's just a thought, though.
The Audi sportcar that she is advertising and claiming as hers is if I am not mistaken not one of them and in any case it has been said no where that Albert bought her a car. He didn't even pay for his OWN new car, so why would he bother being her one, when she can get it for free? Besides I know for a fact from a friend who handles insurance cases for new cars, that the majority of people who are only slightly touched by media light in Germany (and Audi is a German car company) are driving the newest cars for free. Insurance and car costs are being handled by the company, they only have to pay the gaz. Siemens also used to handle their mobile phones that way. The important thing for them was that the person was being seen in their circles with the product and thus interesting people in buying them.

Oh God..I have read almost everything in print about the late Diana Spencer. SHE FAILED ALL HER O LEVELS. And then quit finishing school at L'Institute Alpin Videmanette in Switzerland because she was homesick!

She spent her first State dinner on her honeymoon with Anwar and Mme Sadat yapping about "mangoes" in reply to any and all conversation the Presidential couple attempted to have with her, according to one of her biographers.

I have no opinion on whether or not this constitutes "necessary education" for a young woman of her social background and class.

Great Example, that ended well didn't it! Thanks for confirming our point!

Dispensation made public

My guess is that she very well could be in the process of converting. If she is going to marry Albert(and this is not at all clear yet)she will have to convert.

But the process of conversion is something deeply personal. I am certain it would not be appropriate to announce this without first having an official annnouncement of her engagement-if there is one.

The same with learning to speak French. I see no reason to advertise this right now at all.
My knowledge is that conversion is made public knowledge by decree by the Vatican and so is dispensation.So I do not belive that CW has reached that stage yet.......Conversion is more public especially when you are converting to marry a "Prince."Cw's learnedness inLatin and Greek will come in handy now....Kyrie Eleison
The same goes with learning Sanskrit.There is no reason to advertise linguistic capabilties JMO

I don't think the two cases are especially comparable. Diana took a few O-levels, failed the lot, stayed on at school long enough to retake a couple of them, failed them again, and left school to drift till she found herself a suitable man (unfortunately she ended up with an unsuitable one, but that's another story). Charlene did what a lot of young athletes do and chose her athletic career over an academic one, and she left school in order to train as a sportswoman, ultimately becoming fairly successful. While neither course of action gives a person a good intellectual or cultural grounding, training to international standard as an athlete requires qualities such as confidence, dedication, staying power, and self-discipline; it also requires ambition and competitiveness. Some of which seem to be in evidence now during her relationship with Albert.

I don't think the two cases are especially comparable. Diana took a few O-levels, failed the lot, stayed on at school long enough to retake a couple of them, failed them again, and left school to drift till she found herself a suitable man (unfortunately she ended up with an unsuitable one, but that's another story). Charlene did what a lot of young athletes do and chose her athletic career over an academic one, and she left school in order to train as a sportswoman, ultimately becoming fairly successful. While neither course of action gives a person a good intellectual or cultural grounding, training to international standard as an athlete requires qualities such as confidence, dedication, staying power, and self-discipline; it also requires ambition and competitiveness. Some of which seem to be in evidence now during her relationship with Albert.
On the other hand one could say that Charlene drifted as well since at least 2002 when she was injured (apparently the first major) of which she never really recovered with regards to her sportive carreer. So maybe her staying power and self discipline are not as great as people assume. I think most people compare Charlenes athletics performances with their own and are thus blinded by it. But I think to really estimate whether she has that determination, mental strength etc which it takes for athletes to win medals and become successful, we would have to compare her with her peers, meaning athletes who have been injured and came back with an impressive performance. Looking at Charlene, She had a go at the Olympics, got close to a medal in the relay (not on her own mind you and those who know sth about sports know that a relay is completely different, already psychologically) and after that things went downhill for her, which is at that age unusual as she should have been in her prime and rebound rather quickly from an injury. Also we need to remember that she has not really had to withstand media storms like others did. Personally I think that Camilla has shown the most staying power (and discretion as if there wouldn't have beend phone tapes we wouldn't have known anything about her) as her whole life was dragged into the gutter, she was the most hated person in her country and still, did not say a word or leave. And now look at her. Also Grace had to show staying power. She left early in her marriage, but Rainier went after her and she decided to come back and showed them all. Charlene has faced so far only positive media response and encouragement. Anyone can handle that. It is when the going get's tough that she would have to show whether she can handle it. And frankly, I don't think she would be able to as IMO she is too much into approval of others. Besides we know that other women in Alberts life were there much longer and much more discreet at the time. ;)

My point was that despite of her lack of formal education she went on to become one of the most popular and accomplished princesses of the modern age.

Is that what you meant by confirming the point? Yes. I agree.

Elspeth-

Thanks for stating what I attempted to, better than I did.

Why would she have to convert to marry Albert? My mother was Episcopalian and my parents had a valid Catholic marriage. She had to go thru the Pre-Cana classes, marry in the Catholic church, and agree to raise her children as Catholic. She did all of that & her marriage was always deemed a valid Catholic marriage.

Charlene would have to convert if they wanted to be up on the altar in the church during the ceremony. If she doesn't convert, they would stand at the head of the main aisle at the base of the altar steps.

On the other hand one could say that Charlene drifted as well since at least 2002 when she was injured (apparently the first major) of which she never really recovered with regards to her sportive carreer. So maybe her staying power and self discipline are not as great as people assume. I think most people compare Charlenes athletics performances with their own and are thus blinded by it. But I think to really estimate whether she has that determination, mental strength etc which it takes for athletes to win medals and become successful, we would have to compare her with her peers, meaning athletes who have been injured and came back with an impressive performance.

I'm sure we would, if we were talking simply about professional athletes, but I wasn't making comparisons between world-class athletes and each other, I was comparing Charlene with Diana. Diana had a history of either failing or running away from challenges as a girl and a young woman, and she didn't achieve anything until she married Charles and became a media sensation. Charlene had a quite different early life; whether she was less focused or less dedicated than other Olympic athletes isn't relevant to a discussion about the similarities and differences between Charlene and Diana.

I'm sure we would, if we were talking simply about professional athletes, but I wasn't making comparisons between world-class athletes and each other, I was comparing Charlene with Diana. Diana had a history of either failing or running away from challenges as a girl and a young woman, and she didn't achieve anything until she married Charles and became a media sensation. Charlene had a quite different early life; whether she was less focused or less dedicated than other Olympic athletes isn't relevant to a discussion about the similarities and differences between Charlene and Diana.
But isn't that what Charlene is doing as well? Failing and running away and now being a media attraction and just like her enjoying it and using the media? I don't see so much difference between the two including Charlene practicing her wounded deer look for the pics and the preference for dark eyeliner. I get more and more the impression that she is trying for a mix of Grace and Diana, both highly mediatised.

The Audi sportcar that she is advertising and claiming as hers is if I am not mistaken not one of them and in any case it has been said no where that Albert bought her a car. He didn't even pay for his OWN new car, so why would he bother being her one, when she can get it for free? Besides I know for a fact from a friend who handles insurance cases for new cars, that the majority of people who are only slightly touched by media light in Germany (and Audi is a German car company) are driving the newest cars for free. Insurance and car costs are being handled by the company, they only have to pay the gaz. Siemens also used to handle their mobile phones that way. The important thing for them was that the person was being seen in their circles with the product and thus interesting people in buying them.

I know about celebrities and freebies, paca. I was only offering a suggestion for hibou's comment.

My point was that despite of her lack of formal education she went on to become one of the most popular and accomplished princesses of the modern age.

Is that what you meant by confirming the point? Yes. I agree.

No, It's not - I meant, "that ended well, Didn't it?"
I think that is what my post said?

I'm sorry, I am not of the same opinion of your post above, but I do agree you showed in your previous post, why a little education & maturity could go a long way. I think we will have to agree to disagree and that we are of very different minds.

Last edited:
Why would she have to convert to marry Albert? My mother was Episcopalian and my parents had a valid Catholic marriage. She had to go thru the Pre-Cana classes, marry in the Catholic church, and agree to raise her children as Catholic. She did all of that & her marriage was always deemed a valid Catholic marriage.

Charlene would have to convert if they wanted to be up on the altar in the church during the ceremony. If she doesn't convert, they would stand at the head of the main aisle at the base of the altar steps.

Monaco is a very Catholic principality. The Constitution states that only children of a "valid Catholic marriage" can ascend the throne. So unless Albert
and Charlene's children will not be eligible for accession, she will need to convert. However you are very correct...it is very possible that CW and PA could have a Catholic/Protestant ceremony...I just don't see it happening at all.

The Principality and the House of Grimaldi have had close ties to the Papacy for centuries.

Monaco has never had a non-Catholic Princess. I can't imagine that Charlene wants to be the first.

Last edited:
No, It's not - I meant, "that ended well, Didn't it?"
I think that is what my post said?

I'm sorry, I am not of the same opinion of your post above, but I do agree you showed in your previous post, why a little education & maturity could go a long way. I think we will have to agree to disagree and that we are of very different minds.

We may not be as different as you think. Of course I think it would be magnificent for Albert to choose a well-eductated and well-rounded woman for his consort. I think Rania of Jordan is the quintessential Queen, beautiful, elegant YET brilliant and with a social conscience.

The fact is, Albert has never been attracted to bookish females, or even women like his sister Caroline(introverted, brainy) And for all his talk of his late mother being his feminine ideal, he has never seemed attracted to women like Grace Kelly either, except physically.

Charlene apparently is quite rough around the edges but none of those rough edges are in my opinion incapable of being smoothed out. If an unwed mother
and former girlfriend of a convicted criminal can be spruced up to be Norway's future Queen, an under-educated Olympic swimmer can certainly be transformed into an acceptable Princess for an aging playboy with enough baggage to sink a luxury liner...that's all I'm trying to say here.

Hello. I've been away from a computer & the internet for about 10 days. Has anything officially progressed with Albert and Charlene?

Thanks & regards.

Same quicksand

Hello. I've been away from a computer & the internet for about 10 days. Has anything officially progressed with Albert and Charlene?

Thanks & regards.
No Freedom same quicksand ..here and there nothing new or official........ no betrothal announcement...zilch...

But isn't that what Charlene is doing as well? Failing and running away and now being a media attraction and just like her enjoying it and using the media?

These days, it seems as though that's very much the case although it isn't clear what her motivations are - whether she's capable of making the Olympic team but deciding that she has more of a future with Albert (or via Albert - I'm not sure whether it's clear exactly which is going on) so she's going for the longer-term option rather than the shorter-term one or whether she isn't capable of doing so and is reluctant to admit it to herself or to others, or exactly what's happening. However, at her age and with a history of both success and injury and with a male companion who isn't exactly known for his steadfast fidelity and who's probably accustomed to his female companions considering him the most important thing in their lives, she's in a more complicated position than Diana was.

Diana had a history of giving up and dropping out from very early on, and it became a pattern as she got older. She seemed to be very lacking in confidence, possibly as a result of her emotionally insecure childhood, which seemed to cause her to run away from challenges rather than to face them. With the swimming, Charlene at least had a goal and did the necessary to try and achieve it. I think it's often hard for athletes who've dedicated a lot of their youth to their training and then they get close to retirement age and the longer-term future suddenly becomes a reality. In some countries things aren't set up so that it's easy to combine education with athletic achievement; it is in the USA, it isn't in England, and I have no idea about South Africa. Diana's lack of education wasn't because she was striving for some other goal, it's because (so her biographers say) she was reading Barbara Cartland novels and hanging out with her friends instead of doing her homework.

The difference between them is probably somewhat less important, though, than the difference between Charles and Albert where the respective relationships are concerned. By the time Diana came along, Charles was set in his ways, happily and discreetly involved with Camilla, and being pestered by his older relatives to get married even though his quoted comments at the time showed that he was very reluctant to do so. He also didn't have the baggage of illegitmate children coming out of the woodwork every few months. His interests were clearly very different from Diana's, but that apparently wasn't considered all that important because he seemed to see marriage as an unavoidable duty rather than a fulfilling relationship, although his interests in things like philosophy, theology, and other intellectual-type pursuits were obviously way beyond her experience. Left to his own preferences, there's no particular reason why he should have married Diana, but he wasn't left to his own preferences. Albert, on the other hand, is now the ruling prince, he doesn't have his father breathing down his neck with demands about getting married and producing legitimate heirs and giving up unsuitable girlfriends, he doesn't (as far as I know) have high-flown intellectual pretensions of the sort that would intimidate an uneducated companion or spouse, and presumably he's with Charlene at the moment because he wants to be, for whatever reason, regardless of her lack of education and so on, because if he decided to end the relationship she wouldn't have much choice about it.

I don't see so much difference between the two including Charlene practicing her wounded deer look for the pics and the preference for dark eyeliner. I get more and more the impression that she is trying for a mix of Grace and Diana, both highly mediatised.

When she starts trying to upstage Albert and subtly belittle him to the press and using his children against him and all the other tricks Diana tried, I'll be more inclined to agree. If she's got any sense, she'll go more for the Grace side of things than the Diana side.

Last edited:
Great post Elspeth (I see you are not a great fan of Diana's behaviour, and I couldn't agree more) and CaliforniaDreamin. I agree about both your analysis of Albert's behaviour and of the difference between Albert, Charles, Diana and Charlene...

In my opinion the problems in this relationship are due mainly to Albert who is handling the situation quite badly, putting everyone (Charlene first) in a difficult position; he seems incapable of dating the type of woman we all picture as a good Princess (Ranja of Jordan is a great example, but for what I know also Mary or Denmark and Letizia of Spain are women who had a successful career before becoming the wives of future kings).
The point is what we praise in a woman, doesn't seem to appeal to Albert to the point that I don't doubt Charlene's qualities anymore, but Albert's; as it has been said, he seems to value looks over brain, and enjoying life over his responsibilities (see also articles about his absences from Monaco). I'm sorry to say I had many hopes for his reing that have already be disappointed...
So yes, I'm sure Charlene could be trained to become a princess (don't know with how much success) but first someone should train Albert to be a good Reigning Prince!

Last edited:
These days, it seems as though that's very much the case although it isn't clear what her motivations are - whether she's capable of making the Olympic team but deciding that she has more of a future with Albert (or via Albert - I'm not sure whether it's clear exactly which is going on) so she's going for the longer-term option rather than the shorter-term one or whether she isn't capable of doing so and is reluctant to admit it to herself or to others, or exactly what's happening.
Elspeth, you've got it.... great:flowers:
However, at her age and with a history of both success and injury and with a male companion who isn't exactly known for his steadfast fidelity and who's probably accustomed to his female companions considering him the most important thing in their lives, she's in a more complicated position than Diana was.
.......................... Albert, on the other hand, is now the ruling prince, he doesn't have his father breathing down his neck with demands about getting married and producing legitimate heirs and giving up unsuitable girlfriends, he doesn't (as far as I know) have high-flown intellectual pretensions
YES, YES, YES, remember his interview when he was young, not reading books:ermm:
of the sort that would intimidate an uneducated companion or spouse, and presumably he's with Charlene at the moment because he wants to be, for whatever reason, regardless of her lack of education and so on,
Great!!!!!
because if he decided to end the relationship she wouldn't have much choice about it.
When she starts trying to upstage Albert and subtly belittle him to the press and using his children against him and all the other tricks Diana tried, I'll be more inclined to agree. If she's got any sense, she'll go more for the Grace side of things than the Diana side.
I'm glad, you posted this...
so the possible next princess has no education, no job, no self esteem, she's ambitious and blabs... Bunte seems to be her "megaphone"...:bang: , glamourous way...

I'm not sure about "no self esteem"; I suppose it's possible to be an international-standard sports star without self esteem, but I don't know that it'd be that common.

Is she still blabbing to the press, or are you referring to interviews she gave last year? Seems as though more than a few girls who hook up with princes give interviews in the excitement of the early relationship and learn their lessons later. Heck, even the Queen Mother spoke to the newspapers after her engagement and ended up getting reprimanded by King George V.

However, yes, it appears that Albert has found himself a companion who, at least on the surface, has more style than substance. But given his history, is anyone surprised? And was anyone really expecting any different? And would that necessarily stop her becoming a viable consort to a prince like Albert?

Great post Elspeth (I see you are not a great fan of Diana's behaviour, and I couldn't agree more)

Thank you! I do think that Diana was in a really difficult position that she wasn't really equipped to handle, and I don't care for her behaviour during the time of her separation and divorce, especially the Panorama interview and the "I want to be Queen in people's hearts statement" which is where she finally threw down a gauntlet to the Queen as well as trying to undermine Charles. But I think in the Charles-Diana debacle, the people who are really to blame are the older generation, who should have given a lot more support to Charles and Diana as they were growing up and, for whatever reason, really didn't.

So yes, I'm sure Charlene could be trained to become a princess (don't know with how much success) but first someone should train Albert to be a good Reigning Prince!

Maybe he should spend some time on this forum. I'm sure we could give him some highly valuable training. :D

Last edited:
Monaco is a very Catholic principality. The Constitution states that only children of a "valid Catholic marriage" can ascend the throne. So unless Albert
and Charlene's children will not be eligible for accession, she will need to convert. However you are very correct...it is very possible that CW and PA could have a Catholic/Protestant ceremony...I just don't see it happening at all.

The Principality and the House of Grimaldi have had close ties to the Papacy for centuries.

Monaco has never had a non-Catholic Princess. I can't imagine that Charlene wants to be the first.
Actually, it doesn't. The constitution states only that
Art. 9. - La religion catholique, apostolique et romaine est religion d'Etat.(The catholic, apostolic and roman religion it the state religion.)
It further mentions that
La succession au Trône, ouverte par suite de décès ou d'abdication, s'opère dans la descendance directe et légitime du Prince régnant, par ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine au même degré de parenté.(The succession to the throne, either by demise or by abdication, proceeds via direct and legitimate decendance from the sovereign prince, in order of primogeniture with priority to males in case of the same degree of parentage.)
It goes on to mention some other eventualities, but this is the most relevant one. So the constitution doesn't mention anything about religion in relationship with the succession. It might be implied in art. 9 and the fact that the Monegaque sovereign rules by/with the grace of God, but it never says it explicitly. That's a fairytale invented by the tabloids. Here's the whole constitution (in French): http://www.gouv.mc/devwww/wwwnew.nsf/1909$/036c62fe5f92f2efc1256f5b0054fa42fr?OpenDocument&3Fr
Diana had a history of giving up and dropping out from very early on, and it became a pattern as she got older. She seemed to be very lacking in confidence, possibly as a result of her emotionally insecure childhood, which seemed to cause her to run away from challenges rather than to face them. With the swimming, Charlene at least had a goal and did the necessary to try and achieve it. I think it's often hard for athletes who've dedicated a lot of their youth to their training and then they get close to retirement age and the longer-term future suddenly becomes a reality. In some countries things aren't set up so that it's easy to combine education with athletic achievement; it is in the USA, it isn't in England, and I have no idea about South Africa. Diana's lack of education wasn't because she was striving for some other goal, it's because (so her biographers say) she was reading Barbara Cartland novels and hanging out with her friends instead of doing her homework.
It seems that SA doesn't offer much in terms of education and athletes. However, some of Charlene's colleagues are training and studying in the US. She could have done that too if she wanted. I bet (US) universities would have been queueing outside her door to sign her up in 2000, should she have been interested.
Is she still blabbing to the press, or are you referring to interviews she gave last year? Seems as though more than a few girls who hook up with princes give interviews in the excitement of the early relationship and learn their lessons later. Heck, even the Queen Mother spoke to the newspapers after her engagement and ended up getting reprimanded by King George V.
Yes, she is still blabbing to the press. I've posted this before, but a diligent mod deleted it: her last interview dates from July 2007. Not exactly ancient, IMO.

Think about it if Albert had a problem with Charlene speaking to the press and he spoke to her but she didn't stop how many of you honestly believe she would still be around????? If anyone thinks yes you have the problem not her so I can't see the big deal if he has allowed it. If he thought she was as ugly as some of you say she is and etc she wouldn't be around either especially for this long. She has the ability to learn as noticed with how she looked for the Rose Ball.

Think about it if Albert had a problem with Charlene speaking to the press and he spoke to her but she didn't stop how many of you honestly believe she would still be around????? If anyone thinks yes you have the problem not her so I can't see the big deal if he has allowed it. If he thought she was as ugly as some of you say she is and etc she wouldn't be around either especially for this long. She has the ability to learn as noticed with how she looked for the Rose Ball.
First of all, I don't think that Albert could possibly stop her from talking to the press as she can always claim that they want to talk to her about swimming etc etc. It is not unusual for athletes to talk to the press and Albert knows this. The only thing he has stopped her from doing is to directly relate things about her private life as long as it is with regards to him which is sth she did in the beginning. (Tasha and others have been doing the same, so he is used to it, doesn't mean that he is happy about it though) She does allude to it though but she is getting better at it, though still she mentions that her boyfriend is calling etc. As to her attractiveness, I suppose that tastes are different and ALberts taste is not necessarily other peoples taste. He was with Nicole and Tamara before and I found neither of them particularly attractive, but obviously Albert thought so, so that shows that considering other women he dated, he has a fairly indiscriminate taste in women as long as they measure about 1,70m plus and are slim ad don't need too much chasing. (don't think he ever had one that was short and a little chubby :D) And I agree with you absolutely about the Rose ball, that's when she looked absolutely stunning. I'd love to see her like that at every event ... since she was absent there :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom