Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also gave an interview not too long ago to Bunte as she reappeared in Monaco. It was at the Audi shooting and she gave a step by step account of her plans of attending competitions (while in Europe and so far she hasn't attended one, not even the one that she mentioned namely) and that she was here to train. Where? We don't know as the Olympic pool is closed for renovation, the Beach club would not close their business for her and the pool at the port, well, if she was there everybody could watch her, though it might me a bit difficult to train between waterslides and other leisure swimmers. Then add to that her frequent appearances at all sorts of evening events, when from her own words that is not possible to do while you are training and focusing on winning medals...
I think that you remember this: IOL: Apple of Prince Albert's eye makes a splash Paca, you saw her during may (?) in the swimming pool... If she was training, i guess that some people around would have told you or me... nothing...She's not perhaps focusing on winning medals... she only wants perhaps to be in Olympic SA team... she has to train she's only in National team.Swimming South Africa - www.swimsa.co.za - The official home of aquatics in South Africa ... There is a big event soon Durban World CupSo, wait and see.:lol:

Why doesn't Albert just tell her to stop talking? It's obvious her words and actions are not matching up and IF (Lord I hope not) he ends up marrying her, it will just look really, really bad. Just keep quiet Charlene!

Can someone give me the specific details or direct me to the post the details how EXACTLY Charlene met Prince Albert?

Can someone give me the specific details or direct me to the post the details how EXACTLY Charlene met Prince Albert?
I think My Adia has posted once the article from the South African magazine where she gave her first interview with a detailed account of her encounter with Albert.

Actually there was a photo of her picking her teeth at the small states games I 'm not sure where you will find the photo but I did see it. I can't verify it was spinich.

:lol: Ok, now I really feel very sorry for Charlene! That has to suck, being photographed like that. This is why I am so thankful I am not a celebrity, because I would be the worst kind of celebrity ever! If I had cameras in my face as much as the Casiraghis, I would lose my mind and just flip out! :lol:
How they handle it with such a grace is one of the mysteries that propels my fascination endlessly. Sometimes I just look at them, and wonder, how on earth do they come across so sane, because I would have gone off the deep end of looniness by now?! :ROFLMAO:

Can I ask you something? HOW DO YOU KNOW ?
I'm trying really hard to get the sense here, what is it that makes you ( not only you - there are some more posters doing the same) pick on Charlene and Albert and all their beeing, decisions, their relationship, their every move ??? I'm kind of curious because I just don't get it.
You're judging them by seeing pictures, reading interviews ... you draw your own conclusions ( which is absolutely your right ) but , you know nothing! Plain and simple: That's unfair.
I don't want to defend Albert, or Charlene or anyone. I believe they are reasonable people. There is a reason for Aöbert to be with her. Whatever it is, it isn't as complicated and shady as you might think. There is no conspiracy going on.

Thank you for posting this, Michelle. The emboldened bits are so logical. You're dead on right about there being a reason for CW and PA, and the reason being theirs to have and unnecessary for us to know, and it is just absurd to think it's a conspiracy for PR or something, because in the unlikely event it's a PR sham, it's a bad one, isn't it? I think if the courtiers were conspiring to marry off PA for PR reasons, they should have found someone more typecast who could capture hearts, and whatever one can say about CW, she is certainly not the "type" you would expect the son of Princess Grace, brother of Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie, to fall in love with. That he has chosen her leads me to the conclusion that there is something about her he sees that no one else can see. He who can have anyone he wants would not have a woman around unless he wanted her around, would he? CW has the position that many Euro socialites would lineup for, doesn't she?

Thanks also to Elspeth! I know it's been said already many times, but Elspeth is doing a great job here, and I just want to add my own pat on the back for it, because it can't be easy to moderate this thread, and Elspeth brings a refreshing bit of reasonable fairness to it. You are doing right, Elspeth! Don't let anyone here get you down!

Thanks for the article paca. We don't often get what is said or posted on SA sights. I did find his last comment a bit sarcastic but then he isn't saying anything we haven't been, it's just a surprise to see it in an article. I wonder if we have any SA posters who might be able to find more infor for us in any SA news sites.

magazines want to sell, so it would be illogic to make negative comments about a story that can get the public’s attention and increase revenue. Be sure that not even the authors believe some of the crap they write when praising this relationship (ex: the possile wedding dates).
So were else besides the media could someone hear comments? The forums, or right there in MC. We are close watchers here, and it was proven on quite a few occasions that someone is reading these boards and addresses the comments we make. So the fact that TRF (or other boards) is the only place were criticism can be read shouldn’t be such a surprise. Go to Mc and you’ll see what you ears will hear about Charlene. You may think we are bad here...

<Removed speculation without proof. / Mandy>

I do not agree that the tabloids are more interested in spinning fairy tales and happily ever after than trash and innuendo. Have you ever heard of Rupert Murdoch and Britain's "News of The World?" or the US's "National Enquirer?" Do you remember the massive coverage of the marital breakdown of the Prince and Princess of Wales? Enough said.

Stories detailing the travails of people like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and
Paris Hilton sell big for a reason. People like dirt and reading about the misdeeds of others. I think the Germans call it "schadenfreude".

Last edited:
Elspeth, Thank you for the post!:flowers: I believe I am pretty much in agreement with you! And appreciated your posts.

I tried to give a few examples, because not long ago, more than a few of us posted even more examples. If they want to see the picture of Charlene staring into the camera with her head in his lap, or her remarks to the press. Or her interviews she gives, (she is more than Chatty) where she poses for pictures on the cover of Paris Match promoting herself as something? as well as copying the Grace Kelly poses provided inside (this was early in the game). Remarks in regard to her swimming & SA team? Photo shoots where she is posing as a model & more interviews? They will need to do their own research, before telling us we are not being fair? Which translates that we do not have the right to our opinions. Some of us may be at a more mature age as someone suggested, as well as being in industries where we are in the business of where we are able to understand the proper protocols of both politicians & celebrities and generally the importance of being discreet & mature about it. But this should be common sense to anyone.

The cookies comment, is in reference to a series of posts including mine that went back & forth about "What Charlene will bring to Monaco"? Which I was only responding to, and was not the one who posed the question in the first place? I was trying to get across that I wasn't sure what she would/could bring to Monaco, as the poster never offered that up? (IMO) Charlene has not showed us she had any kind of altruistic nature, as yet? So I was curious as to what she thought Charlene would bring? When the poster seemed very confused, even though she evidently thought she would bring something? But never supplied us with an answer or opinion? I offered up a possible answer to her question?? This is one example of frustration which leads to some people going over board, such as myself on occassion.:)

I agree with your suggestions what she might want to at least be perceived doing, but even I have not gone that far to suggest it, as I agree this is not her position yet. Which is why I guess you can tell by now, I do not understand all her public promotion. All she had to do in my book, was keep her mouth shut, try to keep out of the tabloids with quotes & avoid giving full interviews for whatever reason that seem beyond her own merit! That seems a pretty wise & simple thing to do, where she could have avoided inviting all the criticism & speculation they are receiving? I'm with you, I would rather see her on the wrong end, by being overly prepared, if you are going to spend as much time as she has in another country, anyone would probably attempt to learn the language. Perhaps she is? So I have avoided comment on it. Elspeth, Thanks again for the posts. I think I will give it a rest for awhile:flowers:

Since when is expressing the opinion that someone is being unfair translate into "you have no right to your opinion?" I have never and will never tell someone they have no right to their own opinion. That is absurd. I will tell them when I think the opinion they have formed is UNFAIR.

Please take note of the difference,because I am becoming more than a little weary of hearing that I am denying others a "right to their opinion".

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My concern is that I have spent three mos here lurking and reading all existing threads and I have not found ONE rational reason why some people feel this girl is unqualified to become the next Princess.

So when posters tell us to "go and read the threads" as if that is some type of irrefutable evidence it does become confusing. Because the fact is the only place, and I do mean THE ONLY PLACE that I have read disapproval of and downright animosity toward the relationship of PA and CW is right here on TRF.

I read that we all have different standards of grace and dignity and that is no doubt true. But by all accounts the Princesses Stephanie and Caroline are highly thought of on this board...yet between them these two have joined the circus, carried on affairs with married men, borne children out of wedlock, and been pregnant at the altar and have been seen in various states of undress with cigarettes dangling from their mouths. Yet Charlene Wittstock of South Africa is unfit to be Prince Albert's Princess because she spoke to the Press or behaved indiscreetly earlier in their relationship? This same Prince who, by the way, has flipped off photographers and has two illegitimate children by different women?

What is wrong with this picture folks?

All I am saying is give the young lady and chance, and try to be fair. That's all!
What is wrong with this picture is that Cw has no education and has no high school diploma in the year 2007.That is equal to being functionally illiterate in these times and I just have to wonder what this lady will pass down to children who romantics feel have to be born to justify the existence and the throne over in Monaco.Albert has children out of wedlock but he has completed his university degree so when he needs to converse and not cough with a head of State he will know what to say.Not only do they have a massive age gap between them but the differnece in their cultural upbringing is gargantuan.The divide is that CW has no higher education which would have immediately earned her the respect of all and sundry.Nor has she done anything in the arts to compensate for here lack of it in these areas.She has no linguistic skills and does not speak French even.... That is what is wrong with this picture despite the airbrushing going on.......This is fair and reasonable... when there is a debate going on....
Just how the Grimaldi sisters fit into this has no bearing...

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this, Michelle. The emboldened bits are so logical. You're dead on right about there being a reason for CW and PA, and the reason being theirs to have and unnecessary for us to know, and it is just absurd to think it's a conspiracy for PR or something, because in the unlikely event it's a PR sham, it's a bad one, isn't it? I think if the courtiers were conspiring to marry off PA for PR reasons, they should have found someone more typecast who could capture hearts, and whatever one can say about CW, she is certainly not the "type" you would expect the son of Princess Grace, brother of Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie, to fall in love with. That he has chosen her leads me to the conclusion that there is something about her he sees that no one else can see. He who can have anyone he wants would not have a woman around unless he wanted her around, would he? CW has the position that many Euro socialites would lineup for, doesn't she?
Just for the record, I was not suggesting that any courtiers were conspiring to marry off Albert. I was suggesting that Albert himself thought this was a good idea. Possibly to get Monaco week after week on the frontpages or for whatever reason that seems logical to him. And the reason she goes along? Sponsor money, networking opportunities, celeb status, the opportunities are endless?
{removed response to deleted post - Elspeth}

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong with this picture is that Cw has no education and has no high school diploma in the year 2007.That is equal to being functionally illiterate in these times and I just have to wonder what this lady will pass down to children who romantics feel have to be born to justify the existence and the throne over in Monaco.Albert has children out of wedlock but he has completed his university degree so when he needs to converse and not cough with a head of State he will know what to say.Not only do they have a massive age gap between them but the differnece in their cultural upbringing is gargantuan.The divide is that CW has no higher education which would have immediately earned her the respect of all and sundry.Nor has she done anything in the arts to compensate for here lack of it in these areas.She has no linguistic skills and does not speak French even.... That is what is wrong with this picture despite the airbrushing going on.......This is fair and reasonable... when there is a debate going on....
Just how the Grimaldi sisters fit into this has no bearing...

Again I ask...when did having a University degree become prerequisite for the position of Princess? The current Queen of England has none. Neither the current Queen of Spain. The late Princess of Wales dropped out of school at 16. I completely agree that the Princess of Monaco should speak French. But who is to say she is not learning the language as we speak? What "linguistic skills" did Grace Kelly have when she became Princess? She never mastered the French language according to her close friend author Gwen Robyns...she remained a student her entire life. BTW...do you really believe that the citizens of Monaco were thrilled to bits in 1956 to hear that their Sovereign Prince was to marry a commoner American actress? Because trust me, I have done the research and the reading that posters on this forum are always suggesting...and they were not happy AT ALL. It took them several years to warm to Grace, and most of the nobility of Europe boycotted her wedding.

You mention the "airbrushing going on". May I ask WHAT airbrushing you are referring to? Are you referring to the lack of negative Press in England, Monaco or the Continent? Maybe it's because there IS nothing negative to report?

I mentioned the past of the Princesses Stephanie and Caroline because I indeed think it has bearing on the situation. We are saying that Charlene Wittstock is not fit to join the exalted company of these women who, despite their many gifts and contributions have done their share of bringing disrepute to Monaco, and nothing in Charlene's past that we have heard of so far can TOUCH having out of wedlock children and affairs with married men, IMO.

Last edited:

Nope, obviously I can't drop it just yet.
Don't read this as any kind of try to defend Charlene. But I write this as some kind of self-defense.I have no university degree either but I do speak both English and French fluently.I like to read and write. I write music and play it ever since I was a kid.... etc. Princess Grace didn't go to College. Princess Stephanie didn't go to College. My sister did. My little brother does. I, as I said, didn't. I'll tell you something. It doesn't make a difference here. I really don't know if it does make a difference in Charlene's case ( I know it does make a difference sometimes in a lot of cases) , but I doubt it does - because if it would make a difference, if it would bother Albert, if they had nothing to talk about - do you really think he would be with her, do you really think she'd still be around ? I don't. From what I know about Albert: He's a clever guy, he'd be more than fed up if there wasn't something that they have in common, that they can share.
It took Princess Grace years to speak French they way she wanted to and even when Stephanie was a teen she still got corrected by her kids. All of that is just fine.
How do you know Charlene doesn't speak French yet but still feels somehow uncomfortable using it ? - that is btw the information I have.

If one day we learn and are prooven that Charlene and Albert are only pretending to have a realtionship, that all of this is just some stunt they're pulling to get publicity - then I'll be completely taken apart and prooven wrong - but I highly doubt that. Reasson for doubting that?! Yes, I recieve different information and I know and remember Albert and the family as not that type of people .

Last edited:
Don't read this as any kind of try to defend Charlene. But I write this as some kind of self-defense.I have no university degree either but I do speak both English and French fluently.I like to read and write. I write music and play it ever since I was a kid.... etc. Princess Grace didn't go to College. Princess Stephanie didn't go to College. My sister did. My little brother does. I, as I said, didn't. I'll tell you something. It doesn't make a difference here. I really don't know if it does make a difference in Charlene's case ( I know it does make a difference sometimes in a lot of cases) , but I doubt it does - because if it would make a difference, if it would bother Albert, if they had nothing to talk about - do you really think he would be with her, do you really think she'd still be around ? I don't. From what I know about Albert: He's a clever guy, he'd be more than fed up if there wasn't something that they have in common, that they can share.
It took Princess Grace years to speak French they way she wanted to and even when Stephanie was a teen she still got corrected by her kids. All of that is just fine.
How do you know Charlene doesn't speak French yet but still feels somehow uncomfortable using it ? - that is btw the information I have.

If one day we learn and are prooven that Charlene and Albert are only pretending to have a realtionship, that all of this is just some stunt they're pulling to get publicity - then I'll be completely taken apart and prooven wrong - but I highly doubt that. Reasson for doubting that?! Yes, I recieve different information and I know and remember Albert and the family as not that type of people .

Bravo sebastian, especially your last paragraph. I agree wholeheartedly.

I regret to say that I left college after two years, but I taught myself to read
French fairly well, and I am currently learning Spanish and Italian. I am a voracious reader and I have been since childhood.

Self-education is a life long process...or it should be, IMO. Even for people who DO have a University degree.

Some of the most ignorant and unsophisticated people I know graduated from
college.

Again I ask...when did having a University degree become prerequisite for the position of Princess? The current Queen of England has none. Neither the current Queen of Spain. The late Princess of Wales dropped out of school at 16. I completely agree that the Princess of Monaco should speak French. But who is to say she is not learning the language as we speak? What "linguistic skills" did Grace Kelly have when she became Princess? She never mastered the French language according to her close friend author Gwen Robyns...she remained a student her entire life. BTW...do you really believe that the citizens of Monaco were thrilled to bits in 1956 to hear that their Sovereign Prince was to marry a commoner American actress? Because trust me, I have done the research and the reading that posters on this forum are always suggesting...and they were not happy AT ALL. It took them several years to warm to Grace, and most of the nobility of Europe boycotted her wedding.

You mention the "airbrushing going on". May I ask WHAT airbrushing you are referring to? Are you referring to the lack of negative Press in England, Monaco or the Continent? Maybe it's because there IS nothing negative to report?

I mentioned the past of the Princesses Stephanie and Caroline because I indeed think it has bearing on the situation. We are saying that Charlene Wittstock is not fit to join the exalted company of these women who, despite their many gifts and contributions have done their share of bringing disrepute to Monaco, and nothing in Charlene's past that we have heard of so far can TOUCH having out of wedlock children and affairs with married men, IMO.

to paraphase Mark Twain: I never let my schoolin' interfere with my education. Charlene doesn't appear to have learned much of anything no matter what approach you take Univ. degree or not and as far as the Queen of England goes to quote Oscar Wilde "The Queen is not a subject"

I also think we are beating a dead horse. We each have our opinions and at this point no amount of debate is going to change them unless Charlene herself steps to the plate. I to have to say that had she kept her mouth shut we'd have nothing to go on. I think we need to give it a rest until the next interview.

to paraphase Mark Twain: I never let my schoolin' interfere with my education. Charlene doesn't appear to have learned much of anything no matter what approach you take Univ. degree or not and as far as the Queen of England goes to quote Oscar Wilde "The Queen is not a subject"

I also think we are beating a dead horse. We each have our opinions and at this point no amount of debate is going to change them unless Charlene herself steps to the plate. I to have to say that had she kept her mouth shut we'd have nothing to go on. I think we need to give it a rest until the next interview.

Fair enough. We each have our opinions, and I see nothing wrong with disagreeing with one another which we obviously do. "The Queen is not a subject" but neither will Ms Wittstock be if she becomes Princess. I still maintain that that her lack of formal education is almost totally irrevelant, and I used the example of current Princesses and Queens as an example.

I myself pray that there ARE no more interviews. Because no matter what she says I have a feeling that it will be ripped to shreds in way way or another.

Fair enough. We each have our opinions, and I see nothing wrong with disagreeing with one another which we obviously do. "The Queen is not a subject" but neither will Ms Wittstock be if she becomes Princess. I still maintain that that her lack of formal education is almost totally irrevelant, and I used the example of current Princesses and Queens as an example.

I myself pray that there ARE no more interviews. Because no matter what she says I have a feeling that it will be ripped to shreds in way way or another.

I agree she needs to keep her mouth shut and I don't know how they can repair her image. As far as becoming Princess she will only be subject to more press- good and bad as she will then be a public figure. You missed my point with the Mark Twain quote schooling and education. So let's give it a rest and see what happens next.

At the time Queen Elizabeth was in her prime they had just done away with the horse and carriage.Queen Sofia has a degree in neo natalism for your information.She has also studied or rather audited history& archeology classes at the University of Athens......The used horse and carriage then... Now we drive cars and use these computers......They had one bar of soap for everything then and now we have cosmetics....Elizabeth is 81 and Sofia 69... how do theycompare to the modern Cw of twenty nine? It is a ludicrous comparison and proves the point of these warped age differences whether historically or on a personal level.
Since when is it a pre requisite to auction off the supposed unbesmirched past of CW versus a higher education to the highest bidder?There must be a timewarp somewhere....

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I have friends who work in Monaco. It seems: Albert let Charlene go home last year, pack up her life slowly while pursuing her last race. This way she could dispose of things, say good-byes, and leave her old life quietly, etc ... without too many people going through her garbage, raiding her luggage in transit and stealing her mementos for storytelling purposes. With everyone thinking they had split up, who was going to bother with her anymore???

She MOVED to Monaco a few months ago and is slowly being ensconced into the lifestyle of PA's family. He bought her the car for her own autonomy. She no longer has one in SA. He has a budget for her public relations and clothes and she usually has a bodyguard now as well. She has quarters in the palace and an account with most stores, etc .. in Monaco. She is being allowed to get used to the paparazzi as a "commoner" which is hard and scrutinous enough .. while they enjoy one another's company and make some Life decisions without being under a more serious microscope. Something similar was done with other royal brides-to-be .. they just kept moving closer and closer to their new homes and spending more and more time becoming part of their new families!

Even with learning French ... I am sure something is going on in the background .. but she will ONLY use the language during her first official speech .. she would not need to speak in French before then. I have heard that she had a French teacher assigned to her back in SA?

She really cannot be training for the Olympics in Monaco ... she is out late, eating rich foods, smoking, drinking and hardly spends an hour a day at any pool!? She is done with the Olympics but it will be who she is until her role changes! What would we have them say, "she does nothing"?

Let's theorize that he might really like this woman ... enjoys her beauty and company as he sees her ... and even if we all perceive her to have great flaws, how noble of him to not notice a single one and love her anyway! :eek:)

R.

Please has CW read L'Etranger to you too by Albert Camus.. that any sixteen year old learning French can read?
Charlene uncomfortable using French?
But not uncomfortable striding in and out of the trappings of her billionaire lover's pad?How does one reconcile that modesty of her humility and unease in one sector to the other .... can anyone who has not been to university please reply?

Hi everyone!

I have friends who work in Monaco. It seems: Albert let Charlene go home last year, pack up her life slowly while pursuing her last race. This way she could dispose of things, say good-byes, and leave her old life quietly, etc ... without too many people going through her garbage, raiding her luggage in transit and stealing her mementos for storytelling purposes. With everyone thinking they had split up, who was going to bother with her anymore???

She MOVED to Monaco a few months ago and is slowly being ensconced into the lifestyle of PA's family. He bought her the car for her own autonomy. She no longer has one in SA. He has a budget for her public relations and clothes and she usually has a bodyguard now as well. She has quarters in the palace and an account with most stores, etc .. in Monaco. She is being allowed to get used to the paparazzi as a "commoner" which is hard and scrutinous enough .. while they enjoy one another's company and make some Life decisions without being under a more serious microscope. Something similar was done with other royal brides-to-be .. they just kept moving closer and closer to their new homes and spending more and more time becoming part of their new families!

Even with learning French ... I am sure something is going on in the background .. but she will ONLY use the language during her first official speech .. she would not need to speak in French before then. I have heard that she had a French teacher assigned to her back in SA?

She really cannot be training for the Olympics in Monaco ... she is out late, eating rich foods, smoking, drinking and hardly spends an hour a day at any pool!? She is done with the Olympics but it will be who she is until her role changes! What would we have them say, "she does nothing"?

Let's theorize that he might really like this woman ... enjoys her beauty and company as he sees her ... and even if we all perceive her to have great flaws, how noble of him to not notice a single one and love her anyway! :eek:)

R.

Rosalee, you're giving exactly the information I have and don't see anything wrong with the way they have things get into its place.

Here are a few pictures. Not recent ones. But still:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/00529146_000034.bro.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/00529146_000042.bro.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/00545188_000075.bro.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/00545188_000076.bro.jpg

Charlene - a sweety on these
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/ap20469550_000013.bro.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/00545250_000029.bro.jpg

And two pics I know some have already stated that they find them highly inappropriate - but I like especially because if their relationship is what these two pictures get across then they're lucky:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/00523386_000010.bro.jpg
ttp://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mas-80/00523386_000009.bro.jpg

( mods, feel free to move this post to the Albert and Charlene's relationship - thread :flowers: )

The sooner the better

Hi everyone!

R.
If what you say is true the sooner the better............ they marry because they deserve each other and we deserve a happy ending too.....
Can't wait for the announcement.They should step up to the plate....and we should hear the nuptial bells toll at St. Nicholas.

I have friends in Monaco too... So I'm not a good example...

At the time Queen Elizabeth was in her prime they had just done away with the horse and carriage.Queen Sofia has a degree in neo natalism for your information.She has also studied or rather audited history& archeology classes at the University of Athens......The used horse and carriage then... Now we drive cars and use these computers......They had one bar of soap for everything then and now we have cosmetics....Elizabeth is 81 and Sofia 69... how do theycompare to the modern Cw of twenty nine? It is a ludicrous comparison and proves the point of these warped age differences whether historically or on a personal level.
Since when is it a pre requisite to auction off the supposed unbesmirched past of CW versus a higher education to the highest bidder?There must be a timewarp somewhere....

You left out Diana Spencer, high school dropout at 16. Is that a "ludicrous" comparison as well? I fail to see what cars and bars of soap OR cosmetics has to do with this conversation. I never said Ms Wittstock's reputation is "unbesmirched". <personal comments deleted - Elspeth>

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't think they'll get married. I actually don't think Albert will ever marry anyone. He just likes women too much, IMO. But I think that this relationship will last for a good amount of time.

Nope not true she completed her necessary education but she didn't take her "O" levels and then did what most wealthy titled girls her age did - they went to finishing school.

Oh God..I have read almost everything in print about the late Diana Spencer. SHE FAILED ALL HER O LEVELS. And then quit finishing school at L'Institute Alpin Videmanette in Switzerland because she was homesick!

She spent her first State dinner on her honeymoon with Anwar and Mme Sadat yapping about "mangoes" in reply to any and all conversation the Presidential couple attempted to have with her, according to one of her biographers.

I have no opinion on whether or not this constitutes "necessary education" for a young woman of her social background and class.

Last edited:
Oh God..I have read almost everything in print about the late Diana Spencer. SHE FAILED ALL HER O LEVELS. And then quit finishing school at L'Institute Alpin Videmanette in Switzerland because she was homesick!

She spent her first State dinner on her honeymoon with Anwar and Mme Sadat yapping about "mangoes" in reply to any and all conversation the Presidential couple attempted to have with her, according to one of her biographers.

I have no opinion on whether or not this constitutes "necessary education" for a young woman of her social background and class.

Exactly one of the points that Jaya is making. Charlene will also be in the Diana position if she is Princess what is she going to talk about?

A few posts about Diana, Queen Elizabeth, Camus, cosmetics, etc, are now gone, so please, let's move on. As I recall, this thread is about Albert and Charlene's Relationship.

Thanks,

Mandy

Rosalee, one question though. You claim that Albert bought her a car. Why would he buy her an Audi sportscar instead of a Hybrid car which he is driving and promoting himself. And by doing so (buying her a car) inviting Bunte for a promotional photoshoot which Audi puts on their official campaign?? Doesn't add up in my books.

Also, if she is learning French, why would she save it for her first speech? In my experience it is practice that makes you perfect, especially if you start learning a language late in life and have not learned other foreign languages before (it is a lot easier to learn a new language later in life if you already speak more then 2 fluently). And I have stood close by observing that she has not enough knowledge of French to command to ask for food in a cantine. The guy serving her probably knew enough English and would have easily understood if she would have given it a shot... like most people here btw and people here happen to be much more pleased with people who are trying and making an effort then people who take it for granted that people speak English or using someone else to translate, which is more often then not perceived as arrogant. And since you compared with other brides to be: they all had a job while they were getting closer to their new families, they weren't completely bludging of them and claiming that they were doing sth that they had no intention of doing. Also they did not run to the media continuously giving interviews about themselves and what their plans for the future were. They were on the contrary completely mum aout their relationships whereas Charlene from the very first time she met Albert gave a step by step account of their meeting plus just being perceived in Turin by the media couldn't help herself but stating to the world that they were lovers. Sorry, but none of the other princesses treated their future husbands like a trophy to proclaim to the world that they got them.

And why would ALbert have a budget for her public relations? why would she need PR? If anything the little PR that she would need, would be an hours work for one of Alberts PR people. I don't see any reason why she would need a PR team: she has no job that requires it and she is not a princess yet and once she is that would be handled all by the press office. Very odd indeed.

Rosalee, one question though. You claim that Albert bought her a car. Why would he buy her an Audi sportscar instead of a Hybrid car which he is driving and promoting himself. And by doing so (buying her a car) inviting Bunte for a promotional photoshoot which Audi puts on their official campaign?? Doesn't add up in my books.
.................................... were getting closer to their new families, they weren't completely bludging of them and claiming that they were doing sth that they had no intention of doing. Also they did not run to the media continuously giving interviews about themselves and what their plans for the future were. They were on the contrary completely mum aout their relationships whereas Charlene from the very first time she met Albert gave a step by step account of their meeting plus just being perceived in Turin by the media couldn't help herself but stating to the world that they were lovers......................And why would ALbert have a budget for her public relations? why would she need PR? If anything the little PR that she would need, would be an hours work for one of Alberts PR people. I don't see any reason why she would need a PR team: she has no job that requires it and she is not a princess yet and once she is that would be handled all by the press office. Very odd indeed.
I second that.. if my english was fluent, i could write that... Monaco is city of gossiping yes, but people working "around" palace know they have to be very careful when speaking- they aren't allowed to speak- so if I had same informations as you seems to have I'll never post them in a forum in the same way you wrote...because these supposed inside informations are special (learning french, money, car) if PR reads they could search who is gossiping a lot and your friends could be fired...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom