Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse, than it!!!! The telegram wrote an article: " the prince takes regularly the powder of escampette because he misses farm on his rock. "And" Even princess Carooline worries about the kid brother who granted to go out, from time to time for the photographers, the beautiful South African Charlène to the stature of Goldorak "
Le Télégramme - Commentaires - La Lettre de Roxane. A chacun ses « affaires »
lckc571

There is an English version on Timesonline.Co.UK but mostly it belongs in the current events thread she is only mentioned somewhat as one of the reasons
he's absent so much.

Quite frankly, I do not worry about the relationship of Prince Albert and Charlene. With his track record and his bad reputation as a womanizer, I worry more about Charlene. From everything I have seen lately, especially her presence at the Fight Aids Monaco Charity Gala, she looked beautiful, charming, sweet and poised. I do wonder about the 20 year age difference between them. What will happen with that? At this moment, Prince Albert and Charlene seem very happy to be together. They have been courting on and off for many years now and I think he has chosen her as his future wife. He is giving her time to adjust to his crazy life and being the focus of attention. She will become one of the most photographed women in the world. Charlene is young enough to give him an heir to the throne, big plus in this relationship. If he trains her well, she could end up being an asset to Monaco. It is up to him to show her devotion, dedication, love and respect for the world to do the same.

Quite frankly, I do not worry about the relationship of Prince Albert and Charlene. With his track record and his bad reputation as a womanizer, I worry more about Charlene. From everything I have seen lately, especially her presence at the Fight Aids Monaco Charity Gala, she looked beautiful, charming, sweet and poised. I do wonder about the 20 year age difference between them. What will happen with that? At this moment, Prince Albert and Charlene seem very happy to be together. They have been courting on and off for many years now and I think he has chosen her as his future wife. He is giving her time to adjust to his crazy life and being the focus of attention. She will become one of the most photographed women in the world. Charlene is young enough to give him an heir to the throne, big plus in this relationship. If he trains her well, she could end up being an asset to Monaco. It is up to him to show her devotion, dedication, love and respect for the world to do the same.

Really?!!!:rolleyes: By doing what? The real media isn't even interested in her now. You can read about Charlene and see her pictures in couple of same magazines. That is about all! They aren't interested in her per say, but to an idea of posible new princess. Charlene is no story!

Really?!!!:rolleyes: By doing what? The real media isn't even interested in her now. You can read about Charlene and see her pictures in couple of same magazines. That is about all! They aren't interested in her per say, but to an idea of posible new princess. Charlene is no story!
you are exactly right. charlene, x, y, z, t they all would have gotten the same press.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion...you don't have to agree with it per se...just agree that they have a right to voice it.

Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion...you don't have to agree with it per se...just agree that they have a right to voice it.

Voltiare: "I may disagree with everything you have to say but I will defend until your death your right to say it" It sounds better in French.

In my opinion you all taken this way to serious it not like if Albert marry Charlene that Monaco is DOOM.

Albert needs to marry somebody not just for Monaco but also for himself so I think he should go for it!

Personally, I don't know what to make of this relationship. But it seems to me, just when he starts getting some criticism on the political/home front, Albert tries to balance out with happy photos of Charlene and the rumours about a fairy-tale wedding and legitimate family and makes everyone feel warm and fuzzy again. Ergo, no one is paying attention to the mayhem in his political life. How long can he keep juggling like this without everything crashing down around him? And who will be the scape goat?

Albert needs to marry somebody not just for Monaco but also for himself so I think he should go for it!

You shouldn't marry just to get married regardless of your age. Marriage is tough enough with the right person and damned near impossible with the wrong one. Marrying Charlene "just to get on with it" would be wrong for so many reasons.

Voltiare: "I may disagree with everything you have to say but I will defend until your death your right to say it" It sounds better in French.

Everything sounds better in French!!! :D

In my opinion you all taken this way to serious it not like if Albert marry Charlene that Monaco is DOOM.
Apologies but then you do not know how Monaco works. Hopefully Charlene can inspire the confidence of the investorsand you do not take that seriously. Monaco depends on the confidence of the investors.Charlene will be like the president's wife she must inspire confidence and that something above and beyond reproach for Monaco to continue to exist.

Needing to marry in haste necessitates repentance in leisure.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vainglory versus pragmatism.

The age difference is warped... it is huge.From her presence at the Fight Aids I continued to see that she does not hold a high school diploma and I have to wonder how and what she might pass on from her cultured existence to their children. Sequins?Just because she might become one of the most photographed women in the world means nothing because I am interested as to what she might have to contribute from that lofty position which would weigh heavily on her strong shoulders to this coarse and needy world.I think we should separate vainglory which any woman would accrue from her marriage to Prince Albert and strive to ascertain pragamatically if Cw is indeed the definitive one to be called to the purple mantle.

The age difference is warped... it is huge.From her presence at the Fight Aids I continued to see that she does not hold a high school diploma and I have to wonder how and what she might pass on from her cultured existence to their children. Sequins?Just because she might become one of the most photographed women in the world means nothing because I am interested as to what she might have to contribute from that lofty position which would weigh heavily on her strong shoulders to this coarse and needy world.I think we should separate vainglory which any woman would accrue from her marriage to Prince Albert and strive to ascertain pragamatically if Cw is indeed the definitive one to be called to the purple mantle.

A very philosophically said, and above all right! Lets see if PA holds such a high standard for the purple mantle.
If his only standard is an ability to have an offspring, than in that case I think he should marry Charlene. She looks healthy and she is young enough to give him at least three. And to be honest she is better looking then him. I don't say that PA is an ugly man but he isn't George Clooney either. I would say that 20 years ago you could have said that PA was kind of hansome, but now.....Lets take in a consideration that from now on it will only be down hill for him. Charlene might be the one asking herself in about ten years "what a hell I got myself into?".

If I remember clearly PA had made self prophecy that he will marry by the time he is 50. I have no idea where that came from (I never knew that he had a psychic powers), but he is almost 50 and Charlene is the only woman around him (that we know). Any ways if he really gets married by the time he is 50 I would like him to give me a reading too.:lol:

As I was saying, if fulfilling a prophecy and/or marring someone just to produce a heir, Charlene is perfect for him.

Last edited:
A very philosophically said, and above all right! Lets see if PA holds such a high standard for the purple mantle.
If his only standard is an ability to have an offspring, than in that case I think he should marry Charlene. She looks healthy and she is young enough to give him at least three. And to be honest she is better looking then him. I don't say that PA is an ugly man but he isn't George Clooney either. I would say that 20 years ago you could have said that PA was kind of hansome, but now.....Lets take in a consideration that from now on it will only be down hill for him. Charlene might be the one asking herself in about ten years "what a hell I got myself into?".

If I remember clearly PA had made self prophecy that he will marry by the time he is 50. I have no idea where that came from (I never knew that he had a psychic powers), but he is almost 50 and Charlene is the only woman around him (that we know). Any ways if he really gets married by the time he is 50 I would like him to give me a reading too.:lol:

As I was saying, if fulfilling a prophecy and/or marring someone just to produce a heir, Charlene is perfect for him.

He didn't say he would marry at 50 in the Larry King interview he said he had friends who married at 50 and were very happy. Albert and his slight of words. He also said at the time he was in no rush which he has pretty much maintained. I think Pink got it right when she said that the Charlene and Albert "happy photos" came out the same time as the newspaper critics basically took him apart. So I go with the distraction theory. Alas, it is wearing thin on all of us whether you like Charlene or not. I think we are all sick and tired of the games. He needs to grow up, get his job done first and worry about marriage later. I know of a lot of men who postponed marriage to get their careers in gear and on a certain level before they took on the challenge of wife and family and some did wait until their late 40's to do it. Albert so far has done seemingly nothing and allowed the press, indeed encouraged the press, to focus on his private life. He needs to ramp up his career PR not his photo op with Charlene. JMO

Apologies but then you do not know how Monaco works. Hopefully Charlene can inspire the confidence of the investorsand you do not take that seriously. Monaco depends on the confidence of the investors.Charlene will be like the president's wife she must inspire confidence and that something above and beyond reproach for Monaco to continue to exist.

Needing to marry in haste necessitates repentance in leisure.!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you brought up how Charlene will be like a President's wife as I saw a program on Friday done from a historical perspective about how the wives of president's and candidates running for high office effected their husbands careers and how the public viewed them. If the wife was seen as purely a photo op the candidate was viewed as shallow and now bringing much to the table if she supported her husband's agenda which most of them were accomplished at the President faired much better which brings Grace and Rainier to mind. Grace was brilliant at pushing Rainier's agenda she was the velvet glove to his toughness. What would Charlene do for Albert as "first lady" of Monaco what has she shown us so far that would make us believe she will help him? Just a thought.

Albert had said in his 30's that he would marry when he was 40. Well that milestone came and went with a flurry of excitement (was he with Tasha or Clauida at that point?). Then he said he would marry when Rainier died...and out pops Charlene. Now it's by the time he's 50. Well, he's got about 8 months. He gets himself into so much trouble when he puts a time table on this...yet he says no plans to marry. Things that make you go hmmm....

if albert wanted to get married, he should have ten years ago, if he want to get marry to charlene so he could get a heir, then he is doing it for the wrong choice, and it will end in a messing divorce for everyone, to avoid all this mess including what the media will do to destroy his image, he should just pass the crown to his sister,caroline.
p.s will every one please stop compare charlene to grace, charlene will never be our grace no one else could.

Last edited:
Beaumarchais : sans le droit de blâmer il n'est point déloge flatteur
Voltaire and Beaumarchais wrote those sentences before 1789... they were speaking about... freedom.

As I mentioned in my earlier post (and it's not a question of comparing Charlene to Grace) what have we seen so far of Charlene (and not just the event photos) that would give us the impression that she will help him with his agenda for Monaco now that he has had a jolt of reality as paca pointed out in her post. I'd love to hear opinions on this because while Grace was the velvet glove to Rainier's toughness. Other wives of leaders have helped or hindered their spouses in the forum of public opinion by either helping their agendas or not. So what have we seen about Charlene that would make us believe it is Albert and not the position (being in love with the idea of being a princess as opposed to the hard work it requires) that Charlene projects?

I should add that when he went to the North Pole with Annabelle Bond I thought wow she is a very intelligent, accomplished women who might be someone that would be a huge help to Albert in two areas business and ecology/global warming. She could have helped him with his agenda. The same idea with Alicia with her economics background. So what does Charlene have?

Last edited:
the most recent shots from events are irrelevant, she has quite a bit of make up and the camera filters were on cause her very talked about wrinkles seem to have dissapeared miraculously. i am not even judging her looks anymore cause that can be easily fixed, and as we can see it has. In order to have kids she can get treatments, and if he marries her, money and good care won't be an issue. So I'm not worried.

I hadn't really been aware of their relationship until I started reading this thread then spent a little time with my good friend Google.

I think that they are both getting exactly what they want out of this relationship. She gets the warming lights of the spotlight, trinkets, and extra cash via endorsements. He gets a playmate.

Whether either of them wants more is in question. Generally speaking, however, it is usually the female who wants to change a status quo from "girlfriend" into "fiance." (No offense to any of us females, that's just generally how it goes.)

At some point, it is likely that she will point to her left ring finger and say "Time for diamond, Sir." What his response is or will be, will tell the tale.

Hypothetically speaking and purely speculative - what if Charlene falls pregnant? Pregnancy seems to be an impetus for marriage in the Grimaldi women, but not with PA. Will this time be different, as this "baby momma" is his acknowledged girlfriend?

[ i completly agree with you if she get preganant he will have to marry her because he have openly take her out, and been on the cover of every magazine with him. i think this might be her ticket of getting him to marry her. ]:ohmy:

if albert wanted to get married, he should have ten years ago, if he want to get marry to charlene so he could get a heir, then he is doing it for the wrong choice, and it will end in a messing divorce for everyone, to avoid all this mess including what the media will do to destroy his image, he should just pass the crown to his sister,caroline.
p.s will every one please stop compare charlene to grace, charlene will never be our grace no one else could.
What's with the 'Caroline for sovereign" these days? She might be a fine first lady, but that doesn't make her a fine sovereign. JMO.

<removed response to deleted post - tbhrc>
As I mentioned in my earlier post (and it's not a question of comparing Charlene to Grace) what have we seen so far of Charlene (and not just the event photos) that would give us the impression that she will help him with his agenda for Monaco now that he has had a jolt of reality as paca pointed out in her post. I'd love to hear opinions on this because while Grace was the velvet glove to Rainier's toughness. Other wives of leaders have helped or hindered their spouses in the forum of public opinion by either helping their agendas or not. So what have we seen about Charlene that would make us believe it is Albert and not the position (being in love with the idea of being a princess as opposed to the hard work it requires) that Charlene projects?

I should add that when he went to the North Pole with Annabelle Bond I thought wow she is a very intelligent, accomplished women who might be someone that would be a huge help to Albert in two areas business and ecology/global warming. She could have helped him with his agenda. The same idea with Alicia with her economics background. So what does Charlene have?
So far (IMO) Charlene hasn't brought anything useful to Monaco. Massive amounts of tabloid coverage (something that Albert alledgedly hates, so no benefits there), ermm, world fame, connections and acquaintances for herself (no help there either), a certain cheapness and dirtyness (JMO! Don't kill me!) (no help there). She doesn't make Albert look good, he lookes a lot better on his own, both literally and figuratively speaking. Unless he really loves her (but that is not what he is radiating), I don't see much benefit from their relation not even as a distraction. But that's JMO. :flowers: Interesting question btw, I'm curious as to what others come up with.

:monacoflag:

Lack of a high school diploma didnt seem to hold back the "sainted" Diana. She dropped out at 16, did a few odd jobs, and had she not married "up" I doubt if any of us would ever have heard of her. People can rise to the occassion when responsibility is thrust upon them. If he does eventually decide that she is the one she may well surprise us all.
I recall reading a comment from Barbara Walters when she interviewed Grace about 6 years after her marriage, "you feel his presence in every corner of Monaco, you do not feel the presence of the princess as much". Reference "Grace of Moaco" by Steven Englund, p252.

Lack of a high school diploma didnt seem to hold back the "sainted" Diana. She dropped out at 16, did a few odd jobs, and had she not married "up" I doubt if any of us would ever have heard of her. People can rise to the occassion when responsibility is thrust upon them. If he does eventually decide that she is the one she may well surprise us all.
I recall reading a comment from Barbara Walters when she interviewed Grace about 6 years after her marriage, "you feel his presence in every corner of Monaco, you do not feel the presence of the princess as much". Reference "Grace of Moaco" by Steven Englund, p252.

It's not about the lack of education if has more to do with what she has done with her life after the Olympics. Diana went to a "finishing" school, and held a job as a nanny and was an aide at a preschool. She was doing things with her life. She also was born into wealth. she was also only 19. Charlene is 29. Huge difference. Many Olympians at least take college courses when they can. Many of them are involved in charities not to mention trying for those important corporate sponsorships either to help them continue training or as a spokes person. I can not think of one thing Charlene has done in the last seven years. If anyone can tell me please do. What are her interests besides swimming and Albert? As for Diana marrying up, her bloodlines were actually more royal than the House of Windsor as far as that goes. Character also is important and I am not getting a favorable impression of Charlene based on her own comments from interviews. Not just photo ops. But we are off topic so to get back on topic I will indeed be surprised if she turns out differently

Again circling back on topic what help will she be to Albert? How has she been of support to him besides being his traveling companion? What causes does she champion? Her Paris Match interview pretty much summed it all up. Yes people can rise to the occasion as Diana did with her charity work but she also almost caused the end of the monarchy in Britain. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Diana was held back by the lack of this diploma in many ways that later reflected in her life.She drew to her people who could identify with her problems[sob sisters and agony aunts] and lack of education but I did not see her making an impact on the educated, erudite, and cultured as Jackie Kennedy or Princess Grace did.
Certainly her charity work was formidable but her lack of education was blatant and embarrassing in that she never knew when to let her husband shine and when to be the star herself. Diana was a high mimetically tragically flawed heroine and had she been just a bit more educated she would have known better and then 'truly' risen to the occasion by probably and possibly still being here on the planet.I feel you are over idealizing a mediocre girl who had exceptional circumstances and was not exceptionally literate but popular with the masses for this possible reason among others.
There is a difference between a bottle top and a diamond.I do not feel Charlene can surprise or rise to the occasion when she has not the aristocratic backround of Diana who was to the manor born and already quasi royalty which gave her an edge in how to communicate. The globalized world is "more educated " than before.... and Charlene for all the goodness her heart may have does not know the difference between T.S.Eliot and Dylan Thomas poetically speaking. That is that one is dialectical and the other empirical.Pa needs a wife to give him the "edge" not just sustain his status. The future of Monaco is not about the aleatory surprises of over idealizing a not exceptional young lady. [others included]The future of Monaco is a woman who has exceptional capabilities pragamatically speaking..That will sustain the future.....and give Monaco a place in the sun again...JMO.

Last edited:
Please get back on topic. This thread is not to compare Charlene to Grace, Diana, Caroline, Stephanie, etc. Furthermore, this thread is not to compare Albert & Charlene's relationship to any other relationship that Albert or Charlene have had.

If the rules are not followed then this thread will be closed.

Charlene does not have the same grace as some others he might be dating. I am reminded of all the princes of Europe who were dating beautiful models and high-profile celebrity types who then broke off long dating spells and fell in love with the most unexpected but very intelligent life partners, some from very unusual corners of the globe or of town (Norway!). But they were drawn to the ability to communicate their life's dreams and ambitions with these intelligent women .. who subsequently have given them love and children ... maybe CW is someone he wishes to build something with but still has doubts because that part of his soul is still empty when he is with her .. he might end a long-term dating spell with her ... and then meet the most wonderful life partner in the most unexpected way !!! But right under his nose! :eek:)

R.

Since this thread is about Albert and Charlene I think we are all asking the same questions. The age gap leads one to wonder what they have in common? While they share Olympic experiences, that is not enough to hold a relationship together. It is unfortunate but this will not be your average marriage as a job title comes with it and can never be separated from the marriage. Education is vital to the world stage as Jaya pointed out so beautifully in her post among other things she pointed out so well I might add.

A shared passion for Monaco and it's people. A passion to learn, and a passion to share his agenda. She is not just there to have a kid and then go away. I have not seen any personal growth in this women or any rising to the occasion in the last year and a half we have seen her. I have seen her paraded, photographed, reported to be training for the Olympics when it is obvious that she is not, only to have her pop up again and called a model. Who is this woman that may one day be Princess of Monaco? I know mods don't like us to compare her to anyone but I can't help myself, a comparison to Diana is inevitable and so will the outcome should Charlene become Princess. I do not see a healthy relationship in the body language of these two and again one can not help but compare to other royals with girlfriends. Many of us are seeing the same thing. Something isn't right. Sorry mods I am trying to stay within the guidelines and yet respond to other posters. I would love to hear others opinions on this relationship.

Charlene does not have the same grace as some others he might be dating. I am reminded of all the princes of Europe who were dating beautiful models and high-profile celebrity types who then broke off long dating spells and fell in love with the most unexpected but very intelligent life partners, some from very unusual corners of the globe or of town (Norway!). But they were drawn to the ability to communicate their life's dreams and ambitions with these intelligent women .. who subsequently have given them love and children ... maybe CW is someone he wishes to build something with but still has doubts because that part of his soul is still empty when he is with her .. he might end a long-term dating spell with her ... and then meet the most wonderful life partner in the most unexpected way !!! But right under his nose! :eek:)

R.

Albert may wish to build a relationship with Charlene but I can not at this point see how. I do agree with everything else you have said. Most importantly he needs, as he has done in the past, to keep his new love interest hidden until he is sure. There were many missteps with Charlene and it became apparently early on that she was not up to the task. Let us hope that he does indeed find a truly wonderful life partner that supports his passions and the key word here is partner. I have found that when people stop looking for that special someone they often find them unexpectedly. I think if Albert focuses on the needs of Monaco right now things will fall into place. JMO

Hibou and Jaya, thanks for your posts 386 and 387, I found your arguments and analyses quite brilliant, putting into perspective what a future Princess of Monaco should be like, in light of what other princesses are or have been. I am sorry comparisons shouldn't be made, they are actually quite pedagogical in getting a point across. Anyway, it was the first time I had read anything illuminating about the doubts this relationship has been raising as to the future of Monaco, and the article in Times Online from the other thread corroborates the reasons for the pervasive malaise. I wonder how much criticism Albert can tolerate, I understand his father didn't tolerate much, but this comment should be for the thread on Albert. Sometimes, it's hard to keep things separated...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom