Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent points, myadia. moreover what public figure like albert who pretends to protect his private life, organizes for his girlfriend this kind of photoshoot? What man in his position and not only would accept to see his future wife pose like this?? The pics are absolutely pathetic.
The way he handles this relationship speaks volumes about his judgement.
From her i don't expect much because she proved way too many times that she isn't smart at all. Cousin hubertus is the only one who may have a gain from all this, the fact that people remeber he exists, and that he's also part of the family.
I applaud caro for staying away from the picture.
Hubertus is not a cousin, unless you go way way back in their ancestry and then aain there weren't any DNA tests when Charlotte was recognized so who knows wether there is any realtion at all ;):D. BUt yes he will certainly gain. I'm not so sure if Albert organized this. This is too much trying to corner him. She did the same last year and it didn't work. It resulted in his announcing that he wasn't getting married. I suppose that Hubertus proposed and Albert answered you have to discuss it with her, she thought it was his way of saying he is ok with it as long as she doesn't blab about him. We know from Hubertus that she does not receive help. We have not seen Mme Gallico with her since last year. I think Albert just lets her do things her way and watches to see how far she will go. If he was to marry her, he would have to rely on her judgement. He can't be the babysitter of his wife all the time. Maybe this is his way of trying to find out. On the other hand, he takes her along to all sorts of engagements and the only thing he does is intervene to hold back the worst pics from local publishing (as in the St Jean pics with her bare shoulders). I admit it is difficult to understand what sort of reasoning is going on in this man. Her's is obvious, but he is puzzling. But then again I think he doesn't know himself really.

Here’s another article where Hubertus is promoting himself while promoting Charlene. Talk about birds of a feather flock together. Remember, his mom seems to be in on it also. Over a month ago in an article I posted, She was the one who mentioned an upcoming fashion shoot that her son did of Charlene. Notice how Hubertus is standing near a picture of his dear mother. Jeez, can this one fashion shoot get any cheesier. The Worldlingo translator I used below translated Wittstock to "joke stick" (no lie). Here’s an online translation.

Inquiring minds wants to know what the Prince call to say to his Princess-to-Be. Alas, that's none of our business...

Here’s another promotion article about the articles in the July 2007 edition of Park Avenue. It seems that the theme is fighting spirits. Here’s an excerpt about Charlene’s interview. I guess we have to buy the magazine to find out the wonderful things that she has to say.

Ok, people. Charlene NEVER gives up. Other women - Charlene never gives up. So, it looks like she is in Monaco to stay.:)

An added note: Check out the bios on other "fighting spirits" that are featured in the July edition. Does Charlene really believe that she was selected on her own merits and not because of her association with Prince Albert? Is she really that dense or just cocky? Unbelievable.
That first article is really hilarious. :ROFLMAO: Amazing. Priceless. I could comment on each single sentence, arguing what rubbish it is and how Charlene does exactly the opposite of what is stated. But I'll save myself the trouble.

Has anyone else noticed Charlene always gets phonecalls during interviews? This is at least the second time that her boyfriend calls her during an interview. I'm almost suspecting it's on purpose, to be able to say that it's her boyfriend calling. Quite apart from the fact that I find it rude to have the mobile on in the first place. I mean, what urgent calls can she expect?

This is the second article that I read that claims that Charlene is living and sleeping in the palace? Can anyone confirm if it's true? I mean, if it is, surely the whole of Monaco would know?
The other article seems to state that David Baum took the interview. Also it seems that the mag has been out for sometime, but I suppose they expected more people buying it with Charlene on the cover :D Apparently not otherwise why this sudden promotion everywhere?
Just put yourself in their shoes: Charlene Wittstock in all glossiness on the cover and not one single word about it on the boards! This great promotional ploy (for the person/magazine of your choice) and then no fuss! Surely that must be annoying? All that effort put into it and nobody notices? Somebody had to do something. I'm surprised that they didn't register for a forum and posted the "news" themselves.
I can't say the word I wanted to say. Someone mentioned that they thought Charlene looked good in the pictures and actually I think in the face she does (although I think that the choice of clothing, poses, and background are another matter). In my opinion, the entire scenario of this shoot and inteview is cheesy. As someone mentioned above, why does one agree to an interview if they want their privacy while they are dating Prince Albert. Oh I know, she's not going to talk about him in the interview - her cherished memories are in that shoe box. Can someone please tell this woman that the European media ONLY cares a hoot about a woman who placed 5th, 19th, and 26th in her Olympic events 7 years ago because she is dating the Prince.
You've put your finger on (one of the many) sore points that pop up in relation to Charlene: she says she can't say anything because of protocol, but then agrees to interviews nevertheless. And manages to slip in some references to her boyfriend. You can't make it any more contradictory than that. :confused:

I can't say the word I wanted to say. Someone mentioned that they thought Charlene looked good in the pictures and actually I think in the face she does (although I think that the choice of clothing, poses, and background are another matter). In my opinion, the entire scenario of this shoot and inteview is cheesy. As someone mentioned above, why does one agree to an interview if they want their privacy while they are dating Prince Albert. Oh I know, she's not going to talk about him in the interview - her cherished memories are in that shoe box. Can someone please tell this woman that the European media ONLY cares a hoot about a South African woman who placed 5th, 19th, and 26th in her Olympic events 7 years ago because she is dating the Prince of Monaco.

Again, please, can anyone point me to a similar photo shoot done by Mary, Letizia, Camilla, MetteMarit, Mathilde, or Maxima WHILE they were dating their future husband? Anyone?

yeah, sure -- and will Albert now sue the magazine for invading his so-called privacy (like he claimed in the 2 most recent well publicised incidents)? i agree it sounds like to me veiled complaint from her that he is not budging on the marriage issue not one bit, not even for her (but who knows what will happen, maybe she thinks she can wear him down or is it just word play for the article?):lol:

and I do believe she needs help - help from being regular and unknown and have no money. So Albert is helping her, great for her, she got what she wanted. she has done well. :flowers: What kind of help is Humbertus talking about she needs to have now? give some people an inch and they want a mile.

How could she not know if she is becoming princess or not by now??? did she really voice such a thing in that interview?? :ohmy:

I like Charlene's ability to focus and to see things through except things that she thinks are not important - like school where she could not have cared less. Her olympics achievements are big events for anyone and take a lot of inner strength and determination clearly and CW is made to look like one to run away from a challenge but that thing is amazing, if it is to be believed.

but i question like the others - if she was so private why would she answer questions even to this fellow about wanting to get married and have children? Why do they say the press only finds so many unflattering pictures of her? Maybe because she allows herself to be in unflattering situations? Can she not control herself and the things she does in the least?

Albert announced to the whole planet more than once, more than twice and again to whoever would be listening whenever he has been plainly asked that he has no intention of marrying anyone either now or in the future. no marriage plans. If he marries her, i will be shocked. i wonder does CW think that he is saying that all just for the articles? maybe he is, but many women have tried it - CW is not the first to apply that 'never give up' attitude about him (i know, i know she was actually referring to her goals and not to Albert - i will try to keep it in context). Look at the extremes CW has gone (however she came about it does not matter) - moving all the way to MC to "train" and she is working hard for sth too (just like Alex's mother worked so hard trying to capture Albert, and she claimed that she just knew she was the one). :eek:

interesting how the article seems to paint her as waiting (and almost suffering) ever so patiently for him to make up his mind. SPIN.

not like he does not like her, but if he really loved CW i think he would marry her and have children with her and not leave her to wonder or worry about it. plain and simple (not like PA is so noble, but i think he knows what he does not want to do). maybe she should leave and see if her absence would convince him rather than the present tactic of being on call all the time while at the same time sad and enduring to the end (i'm sure a few women have tried that strategy too). i will be shocked if he marries her, no one knows Albert's intention apart from what he has already said except him (not even CW, his self proclaimed soul-mate CW apparently).

I really hope she is not so naive and juvenile as she has come across. imo, if she was so care free and living in the moment as she said, she would not have spoken to any concern at all about any long term commitment from PA (especially since he seems to be a confirmed bachelor), she would be about the 'now' only and just keep partying.

She's having fun and making work for herself and lives a nice life in south of France - how could she be melancholy about anything when living in the south of france for goodness sake!:flowers: I would also agree, Albert is probably really lovable (I would not know really), and for a woman who is desperately looking for love, and it would probably be easy to fall for his charm and sophistication and most everything else about him. Albert is a woman magnet like all the other princes, no exception. and CW is too easily impressed, i think.

i hope PA has learned not to underestimate women who would try to manipulate him out of their own desperation. It is not so long since his last big very, very embarrasing very public blow-up and CW should think not look a gift horse in the mouth.

JMO :princess:

Last edited:
Hubertus is not a cousin, unless you go way way back in their ancestry and then aain there weren't any DNA tests when Charlotte was recognized so who knows wether there is any realtion at all ;):D.
ira is a great-grandchild of Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton who was married to Prince Albert 1. so she is distantly related to the family. She had big financial issues during the past years, has been sued for some of the debt, same with hubertus and his late brother so i wouldn't be surprised if albert doesn't get ira &son out of trouble in exchange of some little favors here and there. let's remember last year's party where he showed up with charlene.

You've put your finger on (one of the many) sore points that pop up in relation to Charlene: she says she can't say anything because of protocol, but then agrees to interviews nevertheless. And manages to slip in some references to her boyfriend. You can't make it any more contradictory than that. :confused:

this photoshoot and interview happened in rome , in may, almost a week after the bunte interview. It's taken during that trip when she was seen dining out with massimiliano. so in the morning she was posing as albert's inocent and melancholic girlfriend and at night she was dining out with her old flame. It makes sense why this photoshoot hasn't been published at that time, and it appeared now. too bad for them that we haven't forgot about her indiscretion or lack of common sense.
Someone is arranging this photoshoots/interviews for her, but obviously sometimes things work as planned, sometimes they don't thanks to her wrong moves.

Last edited:
ira is a great-grandchild of Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton who was married to Prince Albert 1. so she is distantly related to the family. She had big financial issues during the past years, has been sued for some of the debt, same with hubertus and his late brother so i wouldn't be surprised if albert doesn't get ira &son out of trouble in exchange of some little favors here and there. let's remember last year's party where he showed up with charlene.
Ira has done these parties I think since she started her kitsch production everytime before red cross. And Albert has attended everytime. Yes they all had financial problems. But please, don't forget how glued Albert is to his money. That's the one thing he seems to have listened to his father. He would not assist them financially. He might acquaint them with people who could help, but he would not part with his OWN money. He did not even help Hubertus to compete in Turin. It wouldn't have cost him anything. He DID not want to get involved. Hubertus said so himself. Hubertus loves to hang around him, they know each other, but they are not close friends. They are party buddies. Hubertus blabs. All the time. He is vain, like his mother and not very intelligent. He is of German descent but speaks a very uneducated German. I don't know how he speaks other languages as spanish or Italian, but considering how he grew up, I would have expected his English to be flawless. In fact I think that he has in NO language the equivalent of a native speaker. He mixes a little bit of everything to give himself the polyglott image and make people believe that he is intelligent and well educated, when indeed he is anything but. Did you take a look at the pic of himself with his mother? Take a look at the camera he is using to make the pic. And he claims to be a photographer? the pic of Charlene in the black dress is photographed against the sun which is why part of the picture is over exposed. I am not a photographer but that is one of the basics that even I have learned. Hubertus von Hohenlohe is a selfimportant selfproclaimed artist? photographer? skiier? popsinger?

The relation with the grimaldis is as I said slim and since Albert's descendance is only been legitimized after the fact and at the time no DNA testing so there might not be any relation between them at all ;):D On the other hand seeing the way Hubertus leads his life and then comparing it with Albert...twins seperated at birth?

this photoshoot and interview happened in rome , in may, almost a week after the bunte interview. It's taken during that trip when she was seen dining out with massimiliano. so in the morning she was posing as albert's inocent and melancholic girlfriend and at night she was dining out with her old flame. It makes sense why this photoshoot hasn't been published at that time, and it appeared now. too bad for them that we haven't forgot about her indiscretion or lack of common sense.
Someone is arranging this photoshoots/interviews for her, but obviously sometimes things work as planned, sometimes they don't thanks to her wrong moves.
As I believe creative has pointed out a long time ago, magazines unlike tabloids do need some time to be planned etc. I am sure that they knew exactly when it would be published. The Mag appeared end of June as July issue (which is customary in Germany)which means that most of it was there/had to be ready by mid june roughly. That makes it perfect timing for the pics to be taken in may. They appeared as scheduled. That she met her friend at the same time in Rome has been mentioned before. The author alludes to a meating preceeding the shooting, so it is highly possible that they were all present that evening. For some reason no one bothered though to come to her rescue and say she was with us for a photoshoot. Her friend Hubertus didn't say anything. Instead Albert had to go to a kinesiotherapist with her to show that he wasn't bothered by the pics and that they didn't mean anything. Now that is fine friends don't you think? Who tipped off the razzis? Blabbermouth who runs to Bild to promote his "artistic work" ? Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL.

As to someone arranging the photoshoots? does she need to have someone? Nicole managed that all by herself too didn't she? Charlene walked into a trap and Hubertus made money on her twice and generates publicity for himself. Now do you really think that Albert is not aware of who Hubertus is? I am sure he remembers when Ira tried to pass herself off as next Grace. A lot of hurt vanity in that family. Rainier surely knew everything about Ira and her family. Including every tiny rumour. I am sure Albert still owns that dossier.

Last edited:
Touche paca

Hibou, she is also being described as melancholic. Like I'd buy that. Trying to sell her off as a deep thinker soon are we?
Touche paca, I agree with you here but I think the melancholy part is a type of emotional blackmail do you not?Anything that has not as yet transpired to fulfill CW's wishes is no other person's fault but her own if in fact she is sad about her imagined plight.With my eighty ex-husbands I know what it takes to get any man [let alone Pa who seems to have a mind and heart of his own that no one can read] to the altar and how difficult it is.Some easier than others. And some easy come easy go.All thatCW bravura of smiling into the cameras and now a description of "sad" CW.I think CW maybe more confused than anything else. But clarity cometh.

ALBERT IS NEVER GETTING MARRIED!!! She needs to give it up! Who knows what his malfunction is, but he has committment issues - forget wanting to be seen as a "player," he has serious issues....plus, the baggage of illegitimate children!? I am not sure what he's trying to prove, but any woman who stands by while he dangles empty promises needs to have her head examined.

...That she met her friend at the same time in Rome has been mentioned before. The author alludes to a meating preceeding the shooting, so it is highly possible that they were all present that evening. For some reason no one bothered though to come to her rescue and say she was with us for a photoshoot. Her friend Hubertus didn't say anything. Instead Albert had to go to a kinesiotherapist with her to show that he wasn't bothered by the pics and that they didn't mean anything. Now that is fine friends don't you think? Who tipped off the razzis? Blabbermouth who runs to Bild to promote his "artistic work" ? Wouldn't surprise me AT ALL...
Maybe I'm missing some other pictures, but I don't see anything so improper between Charlene and Massimiliano. These are the pictures, right? They are having dinner (well at least lots of drinks - so much for her no drinking speech to the kids) and just talking (with at least one other woman) and she hugs him good bye. He could have hugged the other woman the same way, but I'm sure the magazine wouldn't have published it. Now, if his hands were down Charlene's butt, then that's another story. Why would Albert be bothered by the pictures? In the article, did the author imply that the interaction between Charlene and Max was a romantic one? So, what am I missing?

Does anyone know why they would blurred out the other lady's face?

Maybe I'm missing some other pictures, but I don't see anything so improper between Charlene and Massimiliano. These are the pictures, right? They are having dinner (well at least lots of drinks - so much for her no drinking speech to the kids) and just talking (with at least one other woman) and she hugs him good bye. He could have hugged the other woman the same way, but I'm sure the magazine wouldn't have published it. Now, if his hands were down Charlene's butt, then that's another story. Why would Albert be bothered by the pictures? In the article, did the author imply that the interaction between Charlene and Max was a romantic one? So, what am I missing?

I think there were a couple others shots besides these. The question that needs to be asked is if there wasn't a problem with these photos, why did Albert take time out of his day to walk Charlene to the Dr. office right after these were published? And as paca pointed out the razzi who took the shots of Albert and Charlene had to know they were going to be there- this is old news and not worth a rehash but that's JMO

is this an idea that I am made where massimiliano looks right in direction of the photographer???? who says to us that it is not voluntarily only these photos are taken ? a way of drawing the cover towards oneself, you know charlene is useful yourselves of Albert like springboard or of Massimiliano which wants to be made a blow of pub, or Albert which wants to show that in the final analysis Charlene can be made friends, that it is free to leave (in any good any honor) ???
lckc571

bunte is now picking up on its web page on the Bild article. They are basically paraphrasing it. so nothing new. Though in both articles I wonder since when in the casinos they are taking bets on Alberts wedding date. I know that the British do that, but that is a new side of the SBM that bild and Bunte are revealing to me. And silly me, I thought they were into roulette and slotmachines ;)

bunte is now picking up on its web page on the Bild article. They are basically paraphrasing it. so nothing new. Though in both articles I wonder since when in the casinos they are taking bets on Alberts wedding date. I know that the British do that, but that is a new side of the SBM that bild and Bunte are revealing to me. And silly me, I thought they were into roulette and slotmachines ;)

How did they get to the point of placing bets on a date when the articles implied she was melancholy over the state of the relationship? Or are they betting whether or not there will be one?

How did they get to the point of placing bets on a date when the articles implied she was melancholy over the state of the relationship? Or are they betting whether or not there will be one?
Same in both articles: it is implied that it is not a question of if, but a question of when. Bunte does not give references to the Park avenue article. But they do quote Hubertus. The info in Bunte is not their news. They simply paid someone to rewrite the bild comment and shorten it for their online news flash. I assume that they will have sth in their next issue to that respect. They certainly have to have the exhibit openening, what they will make of Caros absence is another thing. Tomorrow we might know more of which way they are going with the story but I think they are going to stick with the heading for the altar. There are a few others that might go the other way because they have already started on Steph not being happy about Charlene (though she was actually there), but I think we will soon see and after the red cross we will certainly have some more pics and news. I am almost certain that we will see Charlene. Let's see who besides them, Antoinette, Melanie and Elizabeth-Ann will make a show this year. And in what mood :rolleyes::D

i second you paca about Charlene and red cross ball, in my mind we have to wait, see and read comments about wha was here or not, in which mood...

Same in both articles: it is implied that it is not a question of if, but a question of when. Bunte does not give references to the Park avenue article. But they do quote Hubertus. The info in Bunte is not their news. They simply paid someone to rewrite the bild comment and shorten it for their online news flash. I assume that they will have sth in their next issue to that respect. They certainly have to have the exhibit openening, what they will make of Caros absence is another thing. Tomorrow we might know more of which way they are going with the story but I think they are going to stick with the heading for the altar. There are a few others that might go the other way because they have already started on Steph not being happy about Charlene (though she was actually there), but I think we will soon see and after the red cross we will certainly have some more pics and news. I am almost certain that we will see Charlene. Let's see who besides them, Antoinette, Melanie and Elizabeth-Ann will make a show this year. And in what mood :rolleyes::D
]

Thanks paca! It looks like the German magazines are going with the wedding and the French magazines are going with the family feud. Basically nobody knows what's going on. But since the casinos are placing bets - here's mine: Albert walks in with Antoinette and Melanie, Charlene will be right behind wearing something "regal". Stephanie and Caroline will be missing in action. Or second bet: Albert walks in with Stephanie and Antoinette and Melanie and Charlene will already be there. It should be interesting! The ball in in about a week I think? Apparently the Paris Match article if someone can get there hands on it says he's has no plans for marriage but then that's his standard line.

Paca, and other close royal watchers, can I ask your honest opinion about Albert's intentions? Do you think he wants to marry Charlene? My impression is that her basically living in Monaco and showing up with him at so many official functions can only lead to that, but my shed of hope is that with Albert you never know what he is actually planning. And I'm not sure his sisters' approval will factor in his decisions at all...

Does anyone know why they would blurred out the other lady's face

It's a matter of privacy policy: the other lady had her face blurred out, because she isn't a public figure; she might have been a friend of Massimilano's.

Other than his sisters with whom he obviously disagrees --- are there no other family members (Grimaldi or Kelly), family friends, other royal families, or senior statemen who could talk some sense into Albert? :bang:

Not sure where to post this link but it has sth about Albert when he was in his early thirties (also about the other family members). It seems that Rainier urged Albert to be selective in chosing the events he attended, because otherwise it wouldn't mean anything ( I think I made a similar remark recently - and I'm sounding everyday more like my parents too...I'm getting sooo old ;):D). Interesting labeling of the girlfriends and it might give some insights about why Charlene feels so comfortable in his surroundings and why she is not clear in where she is heading with him. It is very old article and might have been linked before, but some things don't seem to change... IN THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI

Not sure where to post this link but it has sth about Albert when he was in his early thirties (also about the other family members). It seems that Rainier urged Albert to be selective in chosing the events he attended, because otherwise it wouldn't mean anything ( I think I made a similar remark recently - and I'm sounding everyday more like my parents too...I'm getting sooo old ;):D). Interesting labeling of the girlfriends and it might give some insights about why Charlene feels so comfortable in his surroundings and why she is not clear in where she is heading with him. It is very old article and might have been linked before, but some things don't seem to change... IN THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI

Thanks paca great read!! Interesting to read what was said about Albert when he was only 32! Nothing has changed I guess! I agree he should be more selective in what he attends.

Thank you Paca. I enjoyed it. A lot of concise info for nonroyal followers. Thank you.

you know, I really like the fact that CW has come as far as she has in her life. honestly.:flowers: (i know, i said my piece about her too like everybody else)

but she is pretty and she is tough - I think she would be a refreshing addition to the group of princesses out there if only for the reason that she does bring her own particular set of accomplishments to the picture - not exactly like the others, but uniquely Charlene.

is it possible to say a few things nice about her, CW -- i think if she gets a spot on the SA swim team and is able to compete in Beijing, it will go a long way for her. maybe wishful thinking, but I hope she is practicing and I hope she does make the SA Olympic swim team :flowers:

as far as PA and any marriage is concerned, that remains a wait and see
JMO:princess:

Last edited:
you know, I really like the fact that CW has come as far as she has in her life. honestly.:flowers: (i know, i said my piece about her too like everybody else)

but she is pretty and she is tough - I think she would be a refreshing addition to the group of princesses out there if only for the reason that she does bring her own particular set of accomplishments to the picture - not exactly like the others, but uniquely Charlene.

is it possible to say a few things nice about her, CW -- i think if she gets a spot on the SA swim team and is able to compete in Beijing, it will go a long way for her. maybe wishful thinking, but I hope she is practicing and I hope she does make the SA Olympic swim team :flowers:

as far as PA and any marriage is concerned, that remains a wait and see
JMO:princess:

I don't know how true this is? But, the other website mentions, she has already severed her relationship with the SA Team and it seems she is no longer looking towards Beijing or to swimming? I didn't get the details or where that info came from? But, I think you post there too? ;)

But it is Albert (the near 50 yr old monarch) who chooses to date her & women like her in the past. I tried to give him a break with the other women & rationalize these relationships away, because the very reason why I liked Albert all these years in the first place was because I believed him to be discreet & discerning in his taste for women & that this is the reason he had waited to get married? Which in my mind has proved to be quite a joke? It seems it was Rainier who had the brains & good sense to save Albert from himself and Albert was not even the ruling prince at the time?
Of course it was Rainier who kept Albert from bringing these type of women out in public, but he still dated them privately. Rainier definitely didn’t want Albert in public or private with Nicole. After his first date with her, Albert didn’t drag Charlene out in public either while Rainier was alive. I'm sure his press office read her 2001 interview (the palace PR collect all articles written about the family). Look at the type of women he actually took to public events in Monaco while Rainier was alive – Alicia and Tasha. This is what Albert says about himself (a quote from a July 19, 1997 interview with Helena de Bertodano):
He describes himself as a typical Pisces, and I ask him what that entails. "You mean you didn't research my stars?" he says, assuming an expression of mock incredulity. "Pisceans are sensitive, they're artists in a way, they project this sense of being kind of vague, daydreamers, not very there. Yet they have both feet on the ground, they know where they are going and who they want to go there with."
Thus far, he has not “gone there with” any of those past women that desperately wanted to “go there” with him. One even had the assistance of a marabout to help her to “catch him” but the occult couldn’t help her to “keep him” or get him to the alter. Thus, if he fought off the occult, I’m not quite ready to give up on him yet.

When Albert showed up in Turin with the same type of publicity loving woman, only months after having to admit to not only the chlidren, but that he actually had affairs with these type of publicity wanna-be women, I knew then, I was probably disillusioned to Prince Albert being the man that I thought he actually was? I was hoping he might just be foolish enough to be wearing some rose colored glasses for a short while and that they would fall off before he lost any more of his reputation. But that is clearly not the case, it has only gotten worse & like the very unprofessional & amaturish photo spreads of Charlene (that she so enjoys?-"she's finally getting photo's of herself where the paparazzi is not popping out of bushes"???)
Sandsla, I really believe that Charlene’s Turin appearance was very much planned to distract attention from the upcoming Jazmin fiasco. Remember in January and the beginning of Feb, the tabloids published pictures of Tamara and Jazmin visiting Paris and Monaco. Albert was in negotiation with them. He probably knew sooner or later the truth would come out. When it did, Charlene was already a media darling and the tabloids had spun the story that Jazmin’s acknowledgment was to pave the way for a marriage with Charlene. Albert and Monaco took a huge hit after the Alexandre announcement – he was the bunt of jokes all over the world. I think Albert and his PR team felt being seen with a possible Princess of Monaco would ease the blow – and it did. Albert has NEVER acted like that with a woman at an event where he knows is being photographed and filmed across the world. He needed a publicity hungry, but socially acceptable person and Charlene was perfect.
If she is willing to be on the cover of a magazine because of who she sleeps with & he seems not only to not be bothered by it but to also be behind this?
In this week Bild article, it stated that "Park Avenue was allowed to recently make an interview with Charlene. But the Monegasque yard forbade expressly each question, which concern the prince.” So again, Charlene probably didn’t talk about Albert as requested by him. The same deal she had with her first interview with Paris Match. And it seems that this woman is really delusional enough to believe that the European press is interested in her because of her own merits and not because she is dating Prince Albert. Hence, she keeps talking to them, but she is being praised because she is sssssooooo discreet because she doesn’t talk about her relationship with Albert. Actually, in my opinion, her talking to the press shows her insecurity and lack of confidence in their relationship. Someone in her similar position who is in a loving, secure, and mutual respectful dating relationship would have no need or desire to continue to talk to the press. I hate to keep making this comparison, but have you ever read a “sell myself” interview from Mary, Camilla, Mette Marit, Maxima, Letizia, or Mathilde before there was an engagement announcement with their Crown Prince?
Since taking reign he has chosen to promote not much more than his private life & the woman in it by having her appear in amature photo spreads, appear on the cover of magazines (that will actually oblige the two of them), and interviews, promoting her as if she is already princess. I think some people think he is putting the cart before the horse?
I do not belive that Albert is behind this recent photo shoot. Obviously, he knew about it prior, but I believe he just let Charlene do what she needs to do - which is the opposite of what he has stated about wanting to protect the people he cares about from the press. For some silly reason though, I believe that Albert thinks Charlene’s presence is a stabilizing effect on his reputation. Also, when she’s at an event, the media (well tabloids) covers it more. During the TV festival reception at the palace, the palace did not invite the press and they handed the press pictures from the event. Of all the pictures of several stars photographed with Albert, the picture that made the cover of several magazines was the ONE picture of Albert with Charlene – they even cut out the celebrity from the picture. During the Small States games, I didn’t read anything about the athletes covered in the press, only Charlene. So I have to ask, would the games have been covered at all if Charlene wasn’t there? Unfortunately, I think all this press has gone to Charlene’s head. She probably believes that it is something intrinsic about her that the media adores. She doesn’t realize any pretty blond will do.

So, right now I just find the entire Charlene relationship promotion trip entertaining. After I heard about the first incidence of Albert still having other women, I became convinced that Albert was not going to marry Charlene. The love stroy fanatic in me just won't believe that a man will wait 50 years to marry and then enter a sham of a marriage.

Last edited:
Let's not compare Albert & Charlene's relationship to any of Albert's previous relationships. That is not what this thread is for. Posts that veer off topic will be deleted without notice.

Thanks

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

I don't know how true this is? But, the other website mentions, she has already severed her relationship with the SA Team and it seems she is no longer looking towards Beijing or to swimming? I didn't get the details or where that info came from? But, I think you post there too? ;)

nope - it's not me posting over where ever you are referring to (i certainly would not know).

I only read on the official SA swim team site that CW has made the SA National team, but not the Olympic team (wait to see what happens on that, imo). i have not posted anything different here either.

i just wanted to say something nice about her, because like PA and CW show, none of us are perfect.

you can look at the link and see for yourself.

Swimming South Africa - www.swimsa.co.za - The official home of aquatics in South Africa

Last edited:
nope - it's not me posting over where ever you are referring to (i certainly would not know).

I only read on the official SA swim team site that CW has made the SA National team, but not the Olympic team (wait to see what happens on that, imo). i have not posted anything different here either.

i just wanted to say something nice about her, because like PA and CW show, none of us are perfect.

you can look at the link and see for yourself.

Swimming South Africa - www.swimsa.co.za - The official home of aquatics in South Africa

That is not what I am referring to! You can read her own posts! Just like you once told me, you never know who's posting on this board! Remember:Dnow?

Sandsla, I really believe that Charlene’s Turin appearance was very much planned to distract attention from the upcoming Jazmin fiasco. Remember in January and the beginning of Feb, the tabloids published pictures of Tamara and Jazmin visiting Paris and Monaco. Albert was in negotiation with them. He probably knew sooner or later the truth would come out. When it did, Charlene was already a media darling and the tabloids had spun the story that Jazmin’s acknowledgment was to pave the way for a marriage with Charlene. Albert and Monaco took a huge hit after the Alexandre announcement – he was the bunt of jokes all over the world. I think Albert and his PR team felt being seen with a possible Princess of Monaco would ease the blow – and it did. Albert has NEVER acted like that with a woman at an event where he knows is being photographed and filmed across the world. He needed a publicity hungry, but socially acceptable person and Charlene was perfect.
Which doesn't explain why he's still hanging out with her, a year after the event. The decoy role has been played, so why drag her out every second day? Unless there are more illegitimate kids out there, soon to be announced? :ohmy:
In this week Bild article, it stated that "Park Avenue was allowed to recently make an interview with Charlene. But the Monegasque yard forbade expressly each question, which concern the prince.” So again, Charlene probably didn’t talk about Albert as requested by him. The same deal she had with her first interview with Paris Match. And it seems that this woman is really delusional enough to believe that the European press is interested in her because of her own merits and not because she is dating Prince Albert. Hence, she keeps talking to them, but she is being praised because she is sssssooooo discreet because she doesn’t talk about her relationship with Albert. Actually, in my opinion, her talking to the press shows her insecurity and lack of confidence in their relationship. Someone in her similar position who is in a loving, secure, and mutual respectful dating relationship would have no need or desire to continue to talk to the press. I hate to keep making this comparison, but have you ever read a “sell myself” interview from Mary, Camilla, Mette Marit, Maxima, Letizia, or Mathilde before there was an engagement announcement with their Crown Prince?
Funny, you are sort of contradicting yourself here. ;)
But while she doesn't talk about Albert, she keeps on talking about Albert. Smooth hints and blatant talk. He mobile goes off: "ooh, my boyfriend is calling", very clearly stating that she isn't allowed to talk about Albert (royal protocol - even if she isn't royal), alerting us all to the fact that she is seeing/dating/something Albert. So in an strange kind of way she still is talking about Albert.:argh:

Last edited:
Of course it was Rainier who kept Albert from bringing these type of women out in public, but he still dated them privately. Rainier definitely didn’t want Albert in public or private with Nicole. After his first date with her, Albert didn’t drag Charlene out in public either while Rainier was alive. I'm sure his press office read her 2001 interview (the palace PR collect all articles written about the family). Look at the type of women he actually took to public events in Monaco while Rainier was alive – Alicia and Tasha. This is what Albert says about himself (a quote from a July 19, 1997 interview with Helena de Bertodano):

Thus far, he has not “gone there with” any of those past women that desperately wanted to “go there” with him. One even had the assistance of a marabout to help her to “catch him” but the occult couldn’t help her to “keep him” or get him to the alter. Thus, if he fought off the occult, I’m not quite ready to give up on him yet.

I do not belive that Albert is behind this recent photo shoot. Obviously, he knew about it prior, but I believe he just let Charlene do what she needs to do - which is the opposite of what he has stated about wanting to protect the people he cares about from the press. For some silly reason though, I believe that Albert thinks Charlene’s presence is a stabilizing effect on his reputation. Also, when she’s at an event, the media (well tabloids) covers it more. During the TV festival reception at the palace, the palace did not invite the press and they handed the press pictures from the event. Of all the pictures of several stars photographed with Albert, the picture that made the cover of several magazines was the ONE picture of Albert with Charlene – they even cut out the celebrity from the picture. During the Small States games, I didn’t read anything about the athletes covered in the press, only Charlene. So I have to ask, would the games have been covered at all if Charlene wasn’t there? Unfortunately, I think all this press has gone to Charlene’s head. She probably believes that it is something intrinsic about her that the media adores. She doesn’t realize any pretty blond will do.

So, right now I just find the entire Charlene relationship promotion trip entertaining. After I heard about the first incidence of Albert still having other women, I became convinced that Albert was not going to marry Charlene. The love stroy fanatic in me just won't believe that a man will wait 50 years to marry and then enter a sham of a marriage.

Hi MyAdia,

I am confused about some of your points here?

But I think maybe in my other posts, it has been cleared up.

Although I think Charlene is not a sociably acceptable person, in fact, I think that is most of our problem with her? Never mind she is 20 years younger than Albert. I think the kids were a shrug as I mentioned. I had to search out for info in LA & watched some dumb channel to see a two minute sound bite. I think Albert acted that way with a girl in Turin cause there was no one for the first time in his life that could do a thing about it. I think any kind of tabloid press is bad for Albert or anyone he dates, I don't know why he would want to generate it? If he wants to be taken seriously ever! When I said he was not bothered & seemed to be behind? Charlene's media splashes. I meant he obviously supported it, she wouldn't be doing it or he wouldn't be dating her still? I'm not sure what the Rainier thing is about, I imagine Rainier didn't like who Albert chose to date privately or publically. But he could only do something about the latter, or Albert wouldn't have the kids he has today. The fact that he is ok with a woman he is dating giving interviews is a problem for me. I don't see her as a media darling, if she was, she would not be leveraging her affiliation with Albert to the hilt. I think she is a way to sell Cheap tabloid style mags. I wouldn't think that would be an image Albert would want to generate? I did like the PIsces remark, he mentioned his feet were on the ground, but he didn't mention where his head was:D

MyAdia:flowers:

Are you sure you are not mad at me, because I am beating up on everyones favorite boyfriend:wub: I know I've been rough on him lately - It's just tough love! He also shares much responsibilty here. I think you think I am saying a marraige is a done deal? I'm not, but I think Charlene thinks it is! Even if she has to do a Tonya Harding on the sisters, that woman is not giving up until someone tosses her off that rock! I think she thinks her only problem is going to be getting Albert to the alter, & everyone will fall in place behind them. They are both in for a rude awakening if they think that, I said before I think they don't like each other enough to be stuck with only each other's company - it will be lonely up on that rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom