Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I am sorry, but my mouth is hanging open after viewing these pictures. All I can say is that it is a good thing that she does not have any breast. Also, in the online version of the article it states, " But it seems to be important it to see finally once again pictures from itself to which were not photographed secretly with telephotos from shrubs, finally sentences from itself to to read, which were not rotated and were not set into any romantic groschen novel purchases."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I am sorry, but the paparazzi made her look much better than this. Albert, please tell me that you and the palace are not responsible for these pictures...please.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Black dress (or Negligee???)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Sexy poses (or mermaid imitation???)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Pink Dress[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I have no idea what this outfit is or what kind of poses she is trying to portray[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]After viewing these photos, IF Caroline is staying away because of a certain person, I wholeheartedly agree. If I were Caroline, in no way, shape, or form would I endorse Albert parading her around at official functions as his consort. Can it get any worse? [/FONT]

Yes it can and probably it will very soon. Charlene had finally quit dreaming about Olympics and now with PA's help she is trying to be a fashion model. Very soon she will realize that that won't work for a long time and then she will be back to focus solely on PA and getting pregnant.
I just hope that PA had learned his lessons by now and that he carries a box of condoms in his pocket no matter what Charlene has been telling him. He was "careless and overly trusting" two times already, third time he won't be able to run away so easily. JMO
Charlene is a woman on a mission with no other thing to do or other place to go. PA you better be careful!

Ummm.......I don't think Charlene is responsible for how the photographer poses her. If it's a regular modeling shoot I would think a fashion advisor would have told her what to wear.

Ummm.......I don't think Charlene is responsible for how the photographer poses her. If it's a regular modeling shoot I would think a fashion advisor would have told her what to wear.

That is exactly the point! Everything was done in very low quality and a bad taste. What an awful way to promote a "future Princess"!:rolleyes: Someone must be very desperate!

I posted these promotions here because I am curious of what you think this means for the relationship. It just seems rather strange to me and definitely unprecedented for a royal girlfriend. Also, noticed how they stated that Charlene will be competing at the Beijing Olympics.
Like the position is already in the bag, plane tickets booked and medal already inscribed. :ermm:

Here a site with translators. Just copy the article address into website box. http://www.parkavenue.de/magazin/stories/362.html

I should warn you that this article is living evidence as proof of the theory of Physiognomy. I would rarely quote Wikipedia as a reliable source, but this is a good definition from wiki. Physiognomy is a theory based upon the idea that the study and judgement of a person's outer appearance, primarily the face, may give insights into their character or personality. Also, the more attractive a person is, the more positive they are judged. Better evidence of judging Charlene’s character positively solely by on her looks is reading the posts after the first pictures of Charlene & Albert’s appearance at the at the Turin Olympics.
But the same can be applied to Albert's dates. Not every female he is being seen with gets the fiancée title stuck to her. There seems to be some unwritten law that only a female with the 'right' looks can be labelled this way.
For example, in 2002, Albert shared the princely tennis box with Nicole Coste at the Monte Carlo tennis tournament: http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/532...35F8FA9CA92A60EE131B8A846F4EEA55A1E4F32AD3138
No bells went off, Nicole was and remained unknown until she told all in Paris Match in 2005. No wedding rumours ensued from this pic in 2002.
Other example: Last year, Albert visited the Monte Carlo tennis tournament. IIRC, Wednesday evening he watched a match between Benjamin Balleret, a Monegaque tennis player, and some other player. Sitting next to Albert in the princely box is a lady who alledgedly is Balleret's mother. Most, if not all, photo agencies have her down as an unknown guest. Balleret is 24, his mother I presume is at least in her fourties. No wedding rumours ensue. And keep in mind that this is April 2006, Charlene hasn't been around so much at this time.
The list is endless. Funnily enough, Heather van Zuiddam (youngish, blond!) at the end of 2006 does cause a tiny wave, Charlene or no Charlene.
I agree. I think there are a lot of reasons why people do not like the criticism about Charlene. Perhaps some people just do not like anyone being criticized, especially royals. Perhaps some people are huge Grimaldi fans and want to see Albert happy and since he looks happy with Charlene, they do not want her criticized (or anyone woman that he chooses). If all the tabloids are wrong, and Albert doesn't marry Charlene. I'll be curious to see if the next girlfriend will be held in the same blind esteem.
Sorry that I have to reply to you again, but how can you type this? IMO Albert looks happier when Charlene is not around and miserable when she is. Have you seen the first pics from Deadline from the Muse concert? Albert looks grey skinned and almost mummy-like on those. http://www.deadline-press.com/fotow...E7F604D9536CD442049D98FD1EB6647C721520EBAD686
http://www.deadline-press.com/fotow...E7F604D9536CD442049D98FD1EB6647C721520EBAD686
Admittedly he gets cheerier as the concert moves on, but these are not pictures of a happy man (IMO).

But the same can be applied to Albert's dates. Not every female he is being seen with gets the fiancée title stuck to her. There seems to be some unwritten law that only a female with the 'right' looks can be labelled this way.
Oh, I so agree. Studies in many countries and in different situations have clearly shown that the more attractive the person the more positive the judgment. Remember also in his Good Morning America interview last year even Albert said whenever he is seen with a "beautiful woman", marriage comes up. Even some of the comments in the Charlotte thread about her new boyfriend (who is not as attractive to some as her old boyfriend Felix and who has a little more melanin in his skin than some people seem comfortable with) also prove this.
Sorry that I have to reply to you again, but how can you type this? IMO Albert looks happier when Charlene is not around and miserable when she is. Have you seen the first pics from Deadline from the Muse concert? Albert looks grey skinned and almost mummy-like on those. http://www.deadline-press.com/fotow...E7F604D9536CD442049D98FD1EB6647C721520EBAD686
http://www.deadline-press.com/fotow...E7F604D9536CD442049D98FD1EB6647C721520EBAD686
Admittedly he gets cheerier as the concert moves on, but these are not pictures of a happy man (IMO).
I should have bolded the words "looks happy" and roll my eyes, as Ido everytime I hear posters mention it since day one. Those pictures are funny. I already commented on how I think that Charlene looks like she is posing for the camera, wondering which pose will be the Bunte's cover shot. Honestly, I really can't tell how Prince Albert feels about a woman by lookng at his photo. I'll never foget those photos that came out on the day of Jazmin's aknowledgment when he was in Russia. He had the same silly smile on his face as he is with Charlene. One would need a base picture of him with a woman that he really loved to judge how he looks when he is in love. I've seen pictures of him with women that look more like lust than love to me.

I don't know if he is a happy man on these pics ,IMO he looks tired and old...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I am sorry, but my mouth is hanging open after viewing these pictures. All I can say is that it is a good thing that she does not have any breast. Also, in the online version of the article it states, " But it seems to be important it to see finally once again pictures from itself to which were not photographed secretly with telephotos from shrubs, finally sentences from itself to to read, which were not rotated and were not set into any romantic groschen novel purchases."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]At least in the paparazzi pictures she doesn't look as desparate as these pictures seem to portray. Her hair looks better in the picures, however. Albert, please tell me that you and the palace are not responsible for these pictures...please.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Sexy poses (or mermaid imitation???)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I have no idea what this outfit is or what kind of poses she is trying to portray[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]After viewing these photos, IF Caroline is staying away because of a certain person, I wholeheartedly agree. If I were Caroline, in no way, shape, or form would I endorse Albert parading her around at official functions as his consort. Can it get any worse? [/FONT]

OMG ......... Ok deep breath, well, these dresses are all meant for someone with a bosom or at least as the models do, some tape to look like you have one or have the dress fitted to look like you have one. The sexy pose/mermaid one reminds me of Paris Hilton(who does know how to work the clothes regardless of what I may think of the jailbird otherwise). I think it's supposed to show off her nice long thin legs? The black one reminds me of the Monaco designer what's her name Isabelle? The pink dress, the color is good on her but it's an Anna Nicole Smith imitation minus well.... How sad really. She should have taken some modeling courses in Paris last year or this winter and at least leaned something about posing. What is Albert thinking? Paca did I read your post correctly they address her as Princess of Monaco already? Yikes!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I am sorry, but my mouth is hanging open after viewing these pictures.
So did I... then :lol::lol: when i remember some "glamourous Charlene" or "Glamourous girlfriend"
All I can say is that it is a good thing that she does not have any breast. Also, in the online version of the article it states, " But it seems to be important it to see finally once again pictures from itself to which were not photographed secretly with telephotos from shrubs, finally sentences from itself to to read, which were not rotated and were not set into any romantic groschen novel purchases."[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]At least in the paparazzi pictures she doesn't look as desparate as these pictures seem to portray.
Did you noticed that a lot of models have this bad mood .... It's perhaps her way for being a model:lol:
Her hair looks better in the picures, however. Albert, please tell me that you and the palace are not responsible for these pictures...please.
i suppose he was travelling when she posed...
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]After viewing these photos, IF Caroline is staying away because of a certain person, I wholeheartedly agree. If I were Caroline, in no way, shape, or form would I endorse Albert parading her
I've read something about parading:ermm:
around at official functions as his consort. Can it get any worse? [/FONT]
Yes he could get worse....2 Charlene!

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]At least in the paparazzi pictures she doesn't look as desparate as these pictures seem to portray. Her hair looks better in the picures, however. Albert, please tell me that you and the palace are not responsible for these pictures...please.[/FONT]

I'm sorry but this is not a photo shoot that you set up for a future Princess of Monaco. This looks like they are getting her image out there for her future endevours. Just like on a game show "we have some lovely parting gifts for you". Maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part but these photos aren't an image a future princess needs.

Paca did I read your post correctly they address her as Princess of Monaco already? Yikes!
Yes on the promotion site they do, but in the catch article they go back on it to say maybe future princess. Maybe they want it to show up when people google or sth. or get some extra attention since Hubertus has known Albert for a long time and his mother even claims that she was almost getting ready to marry Rainier (I think all the publicity she received due to that at the time was spread by herself because she was photographed with Rainier a few times. Caro was apparently rather miffed with her, so the rumour that the children were against a wedding was spread. I don't think that Rainier ever had any intentions that way, as he knew that cultivating the myth of Grace and their love story sold better then an aging overweight and tasteless Ira von Fuerstenberg with her useless sons. He had his own children causing him enough problems he wouldn't have needed any others to add unto it. Besides Ira has quite a history herself.) People might assume that Hubertus knows sth that the press would love to know and have a scoop. But I don't think that he knows anything. He will read like everyone else in the press if and whom Albert will marry.

edited to add that apparently Alexander von schoenburg Glauchau (brother of Gloria von Thurn und Taxis) used to be until 2006 editor in chief of Park avenue, but is also the columnist who wrote the bild column. He still writes for the magazine. Quel coincidence!

Last edited:
Paca, I am sure you are coorect that the "german friend" is Hubertus. Here's a rough translation of the article.

Paca, what is it with Germans (posters, media, regular folks) and their fascination with Charlene? Germans seem to be crazy about her about her (you are the anomaly)!

in a German article, they made the comparison between the past of the Princess Grace kelly and the past of Charlene

here the comparison :
The new friend of Albert: she has German previous history!
With the Olympic winter games in Turin prince Albert presented by Monaco ( 47 ) for the first time the princess of her heart: he falls in love with the attractive "turtelte" South African Charlene Wittstock (28).!

What pointed out, the disconcerting resemblance of the professional Swimmer with the mother of Albert princess Gracia Patricia was alias Grace Kelly: fair hair, the same so glamorous, fine trains of face and gracefully.

But what "MULTICOLORE" discovered, those have even more in common both for only appearances: of Grace as well as Charlene their previous history come from Germany. Prince Albert of Monaco
Charlene has link with pirates of Störtebeker

The great-grandfather Charles Majer de Grace had fled in 1885 with his family in front of the creditors of Tübingen after in America.

Charlene Wittstocks the line of ancestor enracine also in Germany - and refers to very famous German characters: The Clan has a bond with the pirate Klaus Störtebeker. his back grandfather(in german is Ururgrossvater), Wittstock, a poor farm labourer of Zerrenthin (Uckermark), emigrated in 1861 with the family of Hamburg in the British Kaffraria colony (South Africa).
But in the fatherland of choice, the Wittstock family was not parcelled out also better. They lived by renting their services in bitter poverty, as Journalier.

The grandfather, Dudley Kenneth Wittstock de Charlenes, fell during the second world war in the German stalk, he made a success with difficulty of the evasion however he injured himself. As printers he(it) brought to the father of charlene, Michael ( 58 ), a modest wealth. The girl Charlene increased then as Schwimmerin and Model to STAR of High-octane gasoline in South Africa. And soon all over the world as new princess of Monaco?

Betroth 50. In the daytime of Rainier and Grace?

There is another another parallel enters Grace Patricia and Charlene Wittstock. So they come both of houses fascinated by sport parental: the father of Grace John B. Kelly was Olympia-gagnant triples rudders the father of charlene, Michael Wittstock played Rugby, and Charlene is herself a professional Swimmer
On her sport, she also got acquainted of Albert. Both met for the first time after a match in Monaco, - exactly 45 years after the first meeting of the prince of the Rainier and Grace Kelly in May, 2000. One year later, Charlene was again for a tournament for the Monegasques, he invited her in the dinner, followed her phone and e-mail calls.
Before they find now even some to the others, the attractive South African had at first one Connection with her fellow countryman Andre Snyman, whereas Albert with the hostess Nicole Coste ( 34 ) was "verbandelt". Albert and Charlene meet for some time now regularly. Both young turtledoves on April 19th want to become engaged allegedly - it 50. In the daytime of the parents of Albert.

I do not find the original article, I fetch to show it to you

lckc571

Yes on the promotion site they do, but in the catch article they go back on it to say maybe future princess. Maybe they want it to show up when people google or sth. or get some extra attention since Hubertus has known Albert for a long time and his mother even claims that she was almost getting ready to marry Rainier (I think all the publicity she received due to that at the time was spread by herself because she was photographed with Rainier a few times. Caro was apparently rather miffed with her, so the rumour that the children were against a wedding was spread. I don't think that Rainier ever had any intentions that way, as he knew that cultivating the myth of Grace and their love story sold better then an aging overweight and tasteless Ira von Fuerstenberg with her useless sons. He had his own children causing him enough problems he wouldn't have needed any others to add unto it. Besides Ira has quite a history herself.) People might assume that Hubertus knows sth that the press would love to know and have a scoop. But I don't think that he knows anything. He will read like everyone else in the press if and whom Albert will marry.

edited to add that apparently Alexander von schoenburg Glauchau (brother of Gloria von Thurn und Taxis) used to be until 2006 editor in chief of Park avenue, but is also the columnist who wrote the bild column. He still writes for the magazine. Quel coincidence!

Thanks paca for all the info. I remember a Paris Match cover with Ira on the cover also claiming she was going to marry Rainier. Maybe she has been giving Charlene survival tips?

AHN | After A Mysterious Jailhouse Death, Prince Christopher Von Hohenlohe Buried In Spain | July 16, 2007
I was searching about Hubertus, and I found this... I guess that you know it before...
Yes that was his brother. He died practically right after the dinner they had last year. I think Ira left briefly after that to go to Thailand and her son died shortly afterwards. They are making all sorts of accusations and claiming that he was badly treated etc. Fact is that he forged an official document which is why he got arrested in the first place. Official autopsy says that he had diabetis and died of insulin shock. Ira claims that he didn't have diabetis. He wasn't overweight either of course which would make him more prone to diabetis (he might not have been aware of it himself btw):rolleyes: Can't these people accept that sometimes jetsetters and bluebloods do die of pretty banal causes like accidents, old age etc.? does everything have to be a conspiracy? I wish these people would dramatise their lives a little less and call things what they are.

ok my opinion about myadia post is i dont agree-which is not big deal
reason why i dont agree is when you compare the actions of prince william's girlfriend kate to charlene its like black and white. has anyone seen kate do ads for companies or any interviews about her and prince william 1st date,or the break up or anything. i feel safe in saying nope
i compare the two because they are both date people who will or do rule a country and both come from working class families and yet kate has more class about her and is younger than charlene

ok my opinion about myadia post is i dont agree-which is not big deal
reason why i dont agree is when you compare the actions of prince william's girlfriend kate to charlene its like black and white. has anyone seen kate do ads for companies or any interviews about her and prince william 1st date,or the break up or anything. i feel safe in saying nope
i compare the two because they are both date people who will or do rule a country and both come from working class families and yet kate has more class about her and is younger than charlene

I agree with semi.

the pics aren't great, but not terrible, imo. amateurish, maybe so:flowers:

i don't think there it is wrong for her to take some pictures, after all she has to earn a living somehow and maybe Albert will not give her cash straight off.

since she has a rich friend in Albert and he is sleeping with her, he should be absolutely connecting her with his rich friends for employment opportunities, happens all the time. But maybe not always something so brazen & obvious, i guess.

but on the other side, i guess it is the risk one takes for being a little bit voyeur in the people watching (I know yes that is a topic for a different thread) :cool:

I bet now they will start with the line about CW not being able to compete because of her long standing injuries (true or not). that old story was already floated around with pictures of her going to the physician with Albert a while ago. Or maybe the posters here just saw the line being spun out and around a long time ago. maybe now they've launched this pictorial as the 'graceful exit' she talked about she would do from competitive swimming career (yeah, sure right, what a shock) :glare:

i think CW is probably naive (but I would not know), but she is a very willing participant in everything and why not? what else would she be doing? Albert invited her to be there. he must like her at least.

just goes to show that you really don't need to have completed any school to get ahead, just suck on the right nipples and you're in! (sorry, forgive me - i had to say it):lol:

as someone said earlier Albert better mind the store cause he could really end up with more children unless that is what he wants after all.

if PA has someone else in the background that he really cares about if I was her, I'd be really mad at him, unless she is just another Camilla :ermm::flowers:

good for CW - seems she knows that at least in this case there is probably as much gold in being a trophy as there is in having one!:cool: :flowers: oh yes, it's still a man's world out there

hey, she said she lives in the moment and so she's living large on the French Riviera, right? not a bad life compared to where she came from - of course, I don't know much about where she lived before but it couldn't be anything like living on a cloud in MC, imo.

JMO :princess:

Last edited:
What I always try to discuss is the public functioning of royals, state visits, official visits, the history, genealogy, heraldry, the palaces, the pomp and circumstance, the constitutional position of the monarchies in the various countries, their functioning as head of state, their influences in politics and/pr society, whatever.

My contributions however have never crossed the bottomline which is frequently crossed in especially the Grimaldi forums. And I have always tried to back my posts with references, sometimes already in the post, or provided when requested so.

This discussion on Albert and Charlene really is almost surreal, with even lengthy discussions that a love is 'over' or is 'renewed' purely on basis of gossip or interpretation of pictures.

Amen to that. But in the end, even of all of us boo Charlene, it is Prince Albert himself who makes the decision. Like Prince Felipe did not bother at all about a noble virginal partner which was 'required' for a future King of Spain.

Or a future King of Norway who simply weds an unmarried mother of someone else's son. A better illustration of the uselessness of this sort of Albert & Charlene thread is not available.

I am just catching up on some posts here, and I'm sure you have had your share of responses to your posts.

You are right to some degree, IT is actually Albert that is disappointing to me! Which is why I think I have finally lost much interest in Monaco in general, after reading & participating on these boards.

Charlene showed us who she was from the beginning, and she has been true to herself in her immaturity, self-promotion, lack of substance and wanna-be image, she has given herself with the help of Albert.

But it is Albert (the near 50 yr old monarch) who chooses to date her & women like her in the past. I tried to give him a break with the other women & rationalize these relationships away, because the very reason why I liked Albert all these years in the first place was because I believed him to be discreet & discerning in his taste for women & that this is the reason he had waited to get married? Which in my mind has proved to be quite a joke? It seems it was Rainier who had the brains & good sense to save Albert from himself and Albert was not even the ruling prince at the time? I think it was MW...? Who stated above that Albert thinks he can act like a regular Joe? He must realize there are two sides to the position he was born into? He is the ruling Prince of Monaco, & he appears to actually enjoy having his private life in the tabloids? He has done everything to promote it! And to promote his publicity loving girlfriend? Especially in a year he is supposedly paying tribute to his mother, Princess Grace. What a contrast in the way Prince William & Harry (half Albert's age) promoted their mother, to the shoddy way Prince Albert has promoted his, by shoving his girlfriend front and center (as if she was already the Princess of Monaco) in the face of all of Monaco 24/7, this is not paying tribute to his mother by promoting his girlfriend in this immature way, who I am quite sure would not be on the scene if his mother was still alive today.

When Albert showed up in Turin with the same type of publicity loving woman, only months after having to admit to not only the chlidren, but that he actually had affairs with these type of publicity wanna-be women, I knew then, I was probably disillusioned to Prince Albert being the man that I thought he actually was? I was hoping he might just be foolish enough to be wearing some rose colored glasses for a short while and that they would fall off before he lost any more of his reputation. But that is clearly not the case, it has only gotten worse & like the very unprofessional & amaturish photo spreads of Charlene (that she so enjoys?-"she's finally getting photo's of herself where the paparazzi is not popping out of bushes"???)

I am afraid that Prince Albert has promoted himself in the same light & that is too bad, for however smart he may be in other areas he has shown himself in a very distasteful & immature way in his private life. He seems quite clueless & does not have very high standards for whom he dates? If she is willing to be on the cover of a magazine because of who she sleeps with & he seems not only to not be bothered by it but to also be behind this?

It is no mystery why The Grimaldi threads differ from the other royal threads regarding state visits, heraldry, history, etc.... That is precisely the problem, this board reflects what Prince Albert has decided to promote in a tacky pop star fashion. Since taking reign he has chosen to promote not much more than his private life & the woman in it by having her appear in amature photo spreads, appear on the cover of magazines (that will actually oblige the two of them), and interviews, promoting her as if she is already princess. I think some people think he is putting the cart before the horse? The people of Monaco did not meet Grace until she got off the boat a few days before the wedding & she was an Oscar winning actress who was interviewed for who she was & not who she was sleeping with at the time? Charlene does not mind being promoted in this way, she seems to gravitate to it? If Albert cannot find a girl who respects her own privacy, as well as his & wants to be shown off like a prize pony, perhaps this is a clue he might be dating the wrong woman? And you can hardly blame anyone on this board to give the attention to her that she has asked for!

I believe Albert is not a very modern guy in his ideas about women (whatever he believes of himself), he is not looking for a partner that he respects as his equal (heaven help us, if it is?)
He seems to belong to that group of men who look upon women as if they are something to be procured & then there are the women who accommodate those men as being nothing but an object to be procured, to massage a man's ego & lack of confidence in himself? The trophy girlfriend for insecure men. I think it is apparent that with Albert's weight gain over the last few years & an appearance of a man much older than his years, that this is a man who does not feel good about himself, that is sad. But that he is so obvious about it with his choice of women in his life, make it that much sadder - You don't know if you want to dislike him or pity him? Neither being a sentiment a man would want.

Fine, so be it, this relationship is a business & financial deal, no matter who it is, who is fooling themself, some men & women do not care? This is no mystery to most of these women who are posting on this board. I think they just wanted the prince to be a real prince of a man & are having to come to grips with the fact that this part of the fairytale is just that!

oh also, there is a saying:

"A picture paints a thousand words"

Last edited:
Here’s another article where Hubertus is promoting himself while promoting Charlene. Talk about birds of a feather flock together. Remember, his mom seems to be in on it also. Over a month ago in an article I posted, She was the one who mentioned an upcoming fashion shoot that her son did of Charlene. Notice how Hubertus is standing near a picture of his dear mother. Jeez, can this one fashion shoot get any cheesier. The Worldlingo translator I used below translated Wittstock to "joke stick" (no lie). Here’s an online translation.

Prince Albert of of Monaco love Charlene Wittstock stood for Hubertus Hohenlohe Model.

One knows oneself evenly. Prince Hubertus von Hohenlohe (48) met prince Albert of Monaco (49) with various Sportveranstaltungen, and it knew its life companion Charlene Wittstock (29) from some meetings. One is also friendly. Therefore, and because Hohenlohe with its European-wide presented photographies made itself a name, the South African professional swimmer of it let itself be made a blueprint. For the first time, voluntarily and unusually.

Hohenlohe wanted to show Charlene so beautifully “, how she is. “He betrayed AUSTRIA, how the possible Monaco princess is completely private. Hohenlohe describes its friend as „melancholisch and nevertheless strongly. A modern princess evenly. “During common dinner with their it had determined: “Also princess Caroline and Stéphanie let themselves be stylen and made a blueprint by professionals. “Of the beautiful south African however there would be only disadvantageous Paparazzi pictures. That was clear also to Charlene. Hohenlohe had found the suitable location a little later. „A stylischer pool in close proximity to Rome. “Unusual for the Olympionikin to stand with evening robe in the empty basin. „The creative prince was also cramped you the unusual Shooting at the beginning “, describes. „However then Charlene trusted me. “Concentrated and with sayful condition it mastered the Shooting. Only briefly interrupted of ringing their mobile phone. „My boyfriend “, apologized Charlene then shyly. Since to scarcely it is associated two years with prince Albert. „And completely normally remained “, as Hohenlohe confirms.
Inquiring minds wants to know what the Prince call to say to his Princess-to-Be. Alas, that's none of our business...

Here’s another promotion article about the articles in the July 2007 edition of Park Avenue. It seems that the theme is fighting spirits. Here’s an excerpt about Charlene’s interview. I guess we have to buy the magazine to find out the wonderful things that she has to say.

FIGHTING SPIRIT(S)

Sometimes it’s an air, sometimes talent, but mostly an uncompromising battle to achieve goals and visions that turns people into personalities. The July edition of the personality magazine PARK AVENUE spotlights just how different such battles can be.

Hamburg, 26 June 2007 She is one of the ten best-known living Africans – although she prefers to keep her head down: Charlene Wittstock, by profession a swimmer, has for some time been Prince Albert II of Monaco’s significant other and, as such, involved in a running battle with the paparazzi. For the cover story of PARK AVENUE (out 27 June 2007), the 29-year-old agreed to do her very first professional photo session. In an exclusive interview with David Baum, she makes very clear that she has more to offer than the key to the Royal House of Monaco.

Charlene Wittstock – (pretty) pugnacious

“I never give up. Never!” she proclaims vehemently. There was a time when Charlene Wittstock loved to dress up as Zorro. She hasn’t worn that costume since a riding accident, but she has held on to her fighting spirit. Especially when it’s a question of diverting the telescope of the boulevard press that constantly has its sights trained on her towards the things she cares about: her achievements as a professional sportswoman, her native Africa, or simply life itself. Charlene Wittstock is more than the woman at Prince Albert II’s side. She is beautiful, tough, ambitious, single-minded and she has something to say. And says it, too, in an interview with David Baum – now exclusively in PARK AVENUE
Ok, people. Charlene NEVER gives up. Other women - Charlene never gives up. So, it looks like she is in Monaco to stay.:)

An added note: Check out the bios on other "fighting spirits" that are featured in the July edition. Does Charlene really believe that she was selected on her own merits and not because of her association with Prince Albert? Is she really that dense or just cocky? Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Jeez, can this one fashion shoot get any cheesier.

In a word "No"

But everytime we say that, they seem to top themselves.

I believe no real professional is going to risk their reputation at this juncture.

If these two ever get married, it will be a non event. Those in the U.S. will have to find out about it on this board probably. I think more people are leaning away from them, than towards them, so that is why they are playing in the amature hour, where they seem to belong.

In a word "No"

But everytime we say that, they seem to top themselves.

I believe no real professional is going to risk their reputation at this juncture.

If these two ever get married, it will be a non event. Those in the U.S. will have to find out about it on this board probably. I think more people are leaning away from them, than towards them, so that is why they are playing in the amature hour, where they seem to belong.
You are so right. silly of me. Perhaps I should wait to read the article. But, I have a feeling that Charlene just basically repeats her Paris Match Feb 2006 "tale" that her only goal is training for the Beijing Olympics. Call me a cynic, but instead of doing interviews where you constantly state that your only goal in life is training for the Olympics, wouldn't it be more effective by showing people you mean what you say. Has anyone seen Charlene competing in a pool since April? I can name quite a few places where I have seen her lately - attached to Prince Albert. Charlene's cockiness will actually be her downfall. People really hate it when you insult their intelligence.

You are so right. silly of me. Perhaps I should wait to read the article. But, I have a feeling that Charlene just basically repeats her Paris Match Feb 2006 "tale" that her only goal is training for the Beijing Olympics. Call me a cynic, but instead of doing interviews where you constantly state that your only goal in life is training for the Olympics, wouldn't it be more effective by showing people you mean what you say. Has anyone seen Charlene competing in a pool since April? I can name quite a few places where I have seen her lately - attached to Prince Albert. Charlene's cockiness will actually be her downfall.

People really hate it when you insult their intelligence.

She is too lacking in this area to realize how transparent she is.
I love how they say how private she is, as she is giving an interview?
I have a feeling that myself, friends & neighbors have done more for her Country than she ever has? Perhaps this is where she is so private?:D Really using that word private for her? It makes you want to fall over, I think this is not a word they would want to bring attention to since she has been promoted down everyone's throats. Again, I think I have to realize my problem is more Albert. I do not read this board because of Charlene, it's that she is now being put out there to promote Monaco with Albert that is so discouraging.

Here’s another article where Hubertus is promoting himself while promoting Charlene. Talk about birds of a feather flock together. Remember, his mom seems to be in on it also. Over a month ago in an article I posted, She was the one who mentioned an upcoming fashion shoot that her son did of Charlene. Notice how Hubertus is standing near a picture of his dear mother. Jeez, can this one fashion shoot get any cheesier.

In his statements though Hubertus says as well that she needs help (which apparently she is not getting otherwise why mention it ad since se is not getting it, why isn't she getting it). He also says that she suffers, because it is not known whether she will be princess or not. Is she suffering because SHE doesn't know it or WE don't know it? To me the article sounds as if she doesn't know it, but not because of how the relationsip is running and they both are not sure, but more like Albert isn't budging and proposing. I think she is really trying to put the screws on him again. All this publicity recently has gone to her little birdbrain and she forgets what happened last year whn Albert announced his intention of none marriage, which he recently repeatd in the promotion of the exhibition. I suppose the blab about them standing in front of the wedding pics of his parents looking at each other, is her message to him about how she understood his looking at her. Talk about hitting someone with a fencepole (variation of German expression for giving someone a hint).

The other article seems to state that David Baum took the interview. Also it seems that the mag has been out for sometime, but I suppose they expected more people buying it with Charlene on the cover :D Apparently not otherwise why this sudden promotion everywhere?

In his statements though Hubertus says as well that she needs help (which apparently she is not getting otherwise why mention it ad since se is not getting it, why isn't she getting it). He also says that she suffers, because it is not known whether she will be princess or not. Is she suffering because SHE doesn't know it or WE don't know it? To me the article sounds as if she doesn't know it, but not because of how the relationsip is running and they both are not sure, but more like Albert isn't budging and proposing. I think she is really trying to put the screws on him again. All this publicity recently has gone to her little birdbrain and she forgets what happened last year whn Albert announced his intention of none marriage, which he recently repeatd in the promotion of the exhibition. I suppose the blab about them standing in front of the wedding pics of his parents looking at each other, is her message to him about how she understood his looking at her. Talk about hitting someone with a fencepole (variation of German expression for giving someone a hint).

The other article seems to state that David Baum took the interview. Also it seems that the mag has been out for sometime, but I suppose they expected more people buying it with Charlene on the cover :D Apparently not otherwise why this sudden promotion everywhere?

The whole article sounds stupid and really makes a fool out of her. Nothing worse than crying victim when you are enjoying the high life. If he is not proposing then she needs to think about the relationship or lack of it. She put herself in this position and enjoys the attention, she can't be suffering too badly. If she already knows the outcome then shame on her for pulling the feel sorry for me stunt. She really has put herself in a corner on this one, and as for the comment about- She shyly says its my boyfriend. There was only on Princess Grace and there will be only one Princess Diana "shy Di". She has now been compared to two icons, not the smartest move one could do. JMO

Hibou, she is also being described as melancholic. Like I'd buy that. Trying to sell her off as a deep thinker soon are we?

Hibou, she is also being described as melancholic. Like I'd buy that. Trying to sell her off as a deep thinker soon are we?
as melancholic.....poor little girl... I've not noticed she was melancholic when partying with Albert and friends...She is perhaps melancholic when a lot of people are laughing when reading tabloids:lol: I agree with you Paca and Hibou, she's trying to promote herself as the next one and she put herself in this position of being only Albert's mistress.

At this point they are both pathetic although I think he may beat her out by a smidgen because he "was born" to this role and should know better. Rainier and Grace must be rolling around in their graves.:bang:

Cheesy? I don't know what the right word is, but cheesy doesn't even come close to measuring up.

The whole point of this tasteless publicity stunt is to force Albert to the alter. If he can't see that he deserves whatever happens.

If he is not proposing then she needs to think about the relationship or lack of it.

It looks as if she's not capable of that level of deep thinking. I don't know, I'm not inside the relationship, but if I were I would have been calling shenanigans on this 'relationship' a year ago.

In the criticising article they are basically criticising the magazine and it's producer. Apparently the interview was split so you had to go from page 39 to 161, the graphics were constantly changing and they said that th journalist should have been able to limit himself to 2 pages (i didn't read the article, but apparently the content was slim) otherwise he missed his vocation. To the pic itself they said that it was either a bad photographer or a graphics designer who was incapable. Apparently the flaws of the pic are from overuse of softlense to th degree that it is blurred. Well, when you look at the pics of Charlene with normal lense you probaly understand why they are doing so. Considering her age they shouldn't have to use it at all. They are basically just criticising the make of the magazine for others to learn. Surprising that in promoting Charlene they wouldn't be more careful with their choice. But then again, Hubertus is not really good in what he is doing ...
Thanks Paca. These are professionals who chose this cover article (and others magazines also) to highlight things not to do in the publishing world. I think their number one criticism speaks volume. Here’s a translated page of that article. The top criticism of their top 10 from Charlene’s article is below.
Here the Top Ten of the Dont´s in CP-production:
1. Indistinct frontispieces (Charlene Wittstock - title model the new park Avenue is victim of an incapable photographer or commercial artist.) [ is that a good translation for Unscharfe Titelbilder?]
Why not choose a professional photographer if you really want to make a statement. When I read that Charlene wants everyone to know that she has more to offer than a “key to the palace” (i.e. Albert’s girlfriend), I cannot help but to compare her to French Olympic medalist Laura Manauduo – comparison meaning totally opposites. Laura has been widely covered in the media and is sponsored by Monaco’s SBM. Laura doesn’t have to give a hard sell with some cheesy photo shoots to convince people about her merits – her actual merits speak for themselves. Laura has been constantly competing in swimming meets throughout the summer. Perhaps, someone should clue Charlene in on this particular way of selling yourself on merit. Here’s a photo of Laura that SBM released with a press release of her sponsorship. Notice that the choice of background really brings out the individual. Now compare that photo to Charlene's in black dress and the choice of background Hubertus chose. Those awful seedy-looking buildings in the background cheapen the individual that he is trying to highlight.
Charlene might consider this promotion for her and that is probably how it was sold to her, but actually Hubertus is trying to establish himself in yet another profession...They don't need him. Though neither does Charlene at present as I am sure that Gala, PdV etc would be only too happy to print an interview. So question is why did she agree to help him? Because it was in Rome where we saw some indecent pics of her? Because last year she seemed more comfortable in Hubertus presence then Albert's?

Paca, someone else is thinking like you. Here’s a comment one commentator made when she previewed the article and the pictures.
The 29-year-old South African, full-time swimmer, took part already in 2000 in the Olympic games and is associated herself with the prince Albert II of Monaco. Hubertus von Hohenlohe is not only a photographer, but also successful ski sportsman and would have become in the dearest tower jumper as he entrusted the Personality with magazine. With the Promi-Shooting he got closer to his dream a little bit (too late?) when he photographed of lifelong companion before one of the nicest Turmspringanlagen of the world prince Albert.
...She really has put herself in a corner on this one, and as for the comment about- She shyly says its my boyfriend. There was only on Princess Grace and there will be only one Princess Diana "shy Di". She has now been compared to two icons, not the smartest move one could do. JMO
When I read that comment about her saying that "it's my boyfriend calling", I thought how high schoolish. In a Bunter interview Charlene's coach mentioned that Albert is Charlene's biggest supporter and they talk all the time on the phone. When I read that I wondered, how does he know how often they talk on the phone. Well, if the quote is to believe, now I know how he knows. Charlene announces it. Sounds like she has to convince people of her boyfriend's love and devotion to her. I guess it's understandable in case they ever saw the yacht girl pictures or heard any of the other rumors of his liaisons.

Next time Albert - try moving up to the adult section the next time you go scouting the canteen for girls.

Cheesy? I don't know what the right word is, but cheesy doesn't even come close to measuring up.

The whole point of this tasteless publicity stunt is to force Albert to the alter. If he can't see that he deserves whatever happens.
I can't say the word I wanted to say. Someone mentioned that they thought Charlene looked good in the pictures and actually I think in the face she does (although I think that the choice of clothing, poses, and background are another matter). In my opinion, the entire scenario of this shoot and inteview is cheesy. As someone mentioned above, why does one agree to an interview if they want their privacy while they are dating Prince Albert. Oh I know, she's not going to talk about him in the interview - her cherished memories are in that shoe box. Can someone please tell this woman that the European media ONLY cares a hoot about a South African woman who placed 5th, 19th, and 26th in her Olympic events 7 years ago because she is dating the Prince of Monaco.

Again, please, can anyone point me to a similar photo shoot done by Mary, Letizia, Camilla, MetteMarit, Mathilde, or Maxima WHILE they were dating their future husband? Anyone?

Last edited:
I can't say the word I wanted to say. Someone mentioned that they thought Charlene looked good in the pictures and actually I think in the face she does (although I think that the choice of clothing, poses, and background are another matter). In my opinion, the entire scenario of this shoot and inteview is cheesy. As someone mentioned above, why does one agree to an interview if they want their privacy while they are dating Prince Albert. Oh I know, she's not going to talk about him in the interview - her cherished memories are in that shoe box. Can someone please tell this woman that the European media ONLY cares a hoot about a woman who placed 5th, 19th, and 26th in her Olympic events 7 years ago because she is dating the Prince.

Again, please, can anyone point me to a similar photo shoot done by Mary, Letizia, Camilla, MetteMarit, Mathilde, or Maxima WHILE they were dating their future husband? Anyone?
excellent points, myadia. moreover what public figure like albert who pretends to protect his private life, organizes for his girlfriend this kind of photoshoot? What man in his position and not only would accept to see his future wife pose like this?? The pics are absolutely pathetic.
The way he handles this relationship speaks volumes about his judgement.
From her i don't expect much because she proved way too many times that she isn't smart at all. Cousin hubertus is the only one who may have a gain from all this, the fact that people remeber he exists, and that he's also part of the family.
I applaud caro for staying away from the picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom