Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks nice, Stephanie has dressed in far worse !
I absolutely agree that Stephaine has sometimes dressed far worse! But, the problem I have with the often Princess Stephanie comments/comparisons in defense (or support) of Charlene's selection of attire, behavior, education, career, discretion, etc., is that Charlene is rarely compared to pre-princess Letizia, Mathilde, Maxima, or Mary - just Stephanie. Based on many of the comments that I have read on these message boards, Princes Stephanie is not held to the highest regard as a model princess from many posters and royal watchers. So why give Charlene such a perceived low standard to meet? If one is rooting for the best interest of Monaco to represent Monaco locally and internationally as the wife of a head of state, why not raise the bar a little.

Edit to add: I say perceived because I think in the humanitarian area of genuinely caring about people, Stephanie seems to be the real thing. Has Charlene really demonstrated this in any of the 29 years of her life as someone who lives in a country with some of the biggest humantarian problems?

Last edited:
I didnt conpare stephanie to Letizia or the 3 Ms because ,
I think they dress fine, Im just tied of people always having a go at charlene's dress sense,( not dressing fit for a partner of a prince etc) when as Iv said Stephanie dress's just as bad , ( and she is a princess) also I think that they do have kind of the say dress sense.
in the Humanitarian , I dont know what Stephanie does, I wasnt talking about that , just her clothes sense that's all.

I didnt conpare stephanie to Letizia or the 3 Ms because ,
I think they dress fine, Im just tied of people always having a go at charlene's dress sense,( not dressing fit for a partner of a prince etc) when as Iv said Stephanie dress's just as bad , ( and she is a princess) also I think that they do have kind of the say dress sense.
in the Humanitarian , I dont know what Stephanie does, I wasnt talking about that , just her clothes sense that's all.

If Albert is happy with Charlene, I'm happy too... but.

But I think that Charlene is not princess material. And this not regarding her way to dress.

Is more then 1 year that Charlene is Flying around Prince Albert, and only things that she show are:

1- No education. She drop out the school, and she daclares that for her swim was more important then a good education:bang:

2- No sens of respect. Do you remember the photos of Mrs Wittstock kissing and sucking nipples of PA? Do you remember photos of her and Albert jocking during the opening cerimony in Tourin? Do you remember photos of her touching Albert legs (I hope it was his leg :ROFLMAO:) @ lunch with some friends
two weeks ago? I think that a good princess should have control of her hormones.... :wub::D

3- No ideas about the future. I will have a better opinion of Mrs Charlene when she finally will show to us who she really is. She is without work, the best result in her carrer was partecipate at Olympics game and finished 5. For the moment she is partyng around with money of her boyfriend. She is everiday declaring that she is still an olympic swimmer and that she is training but in the same time she is drinking, smoking and we have no clue of any kind of activity except using her Image in order to make money. She is the tipical young mistress for an aged bussiness man with a lot of money...she is the doll of the boss. And the think that I cannot understand is that she like it.

No matter with Stephy. First of all Stephy is a well educated and intelligent woman that in some moments of her life decides to brake schemes and follow his heart.

PS some time wears not appropriated dresses, this is true, but instead of partying around, she is as single mother growing up beautiful children, and taking care about what happens in the world. as MyAdia wrote:
I say perceived because I think in the humanitarian area of genuinely caring about people, Stephanie seems to be the real thing.
Has Charlene really demonstrated this in any of the 29 years of her life as someone who lives in a country with some of the biggest humantarian problems?

My answer is no.

Which kind of princess will be? The one sitted on the couch eating bon bon and changing colour to nails?

I repeat if Albert is Happy, I'm Happy too..but this is not the kind of princess i would like reprensent the country of my family.

If Albert is happy with Charlene, I'm happy too... but.
Since founding finding out about Albert, I've seen literally hundreds of photos of Albert looking very happy with various types of women over his lifetime. Prince Albert is not a married man. I doubt if he feels obligated to take any woman out, especially around his country if he was unhappy being with them. Therefore, I believe that Albert is definitely enjoying his time with Charlene, as he is/has been with any woman he has taken out. I doubt if anyone in his life or any poster wants to see him unhappy. However, the discussion will be quite boring if one couldn't critique a girlfriend of Albert if Albert was happy. Does Albert's enjoyment with women mean that the woman is devoid of any faults or is a hallowed being? I think recent history has shown that this is definitely not the case.

Edit to add: True happiness is really kind of hard to judge by looking at a picture. I'm sure many of us have known people to seemingly be enjoying themselves who are not really happy. I've really become kind of jaded when it comes to judging the happiness of public figures by their public appearances.

Last edited:
About some "hum hum" pics, Maldives pics were taken when they were in "private hollidays" so I think that we can't speak about respect but about a mistake.(albert's mistake too)
About country club pics and opening ceremony Turin... OK ..error but Albert was here ... and he joked, was agreeing with hand on???
So I agree with myamia, he enjoys his time with Charlene... and public appearances are not private life.

Here’s a link to the full article (and a picture of Charlene) about Nike’s ad launch that includes Charlene. Nike had a big launch last month in Johannesburg that included the women that it has chosen to do their ad, but “swimming star Charlene Wittstock couldn’t attend the launch.” Of course, we all saw the videos and pictures of her in Monaco so we know that she couldn’t possibly leave Albert’s side and deprive her subjects of her presence to actually attend a launch to pay honor to the company that is paying her. I would love to know the date of the launch to find out exactly which glorious event that Charlene just could not do with out to attend this launch. What makes Charlene’s non-appearance and show of ingratitude more disgusting is this statement by one of the chosen women: “By acknowledging that ‘every day, people fight to overcome the battles of poverty, crime, abuse, disability or inequality,’ Nike asks us to individually identify our fight, and to use our bodies as ‘weapons’ across the country’s sports fields, in pursuit of that ideal.”

Oh my goodness! What a perverted world we live in when people like Charlene Wittstock can actually prevail in it. I am sorry, but this has really gotten under my skin because of the next article that I will post about a real South African swimming champion that is facing hardships because of the lack of sponsors. Oh but I know stuff like this does not matter to some people as long as Charlene looks pretty on the pictures! Can't wait to start all those real important Princess Charlene fashion threads. Here’s an excerpt of the article.

Nike Women’s Sports Stars Making Impact
Written by gsport Features Desk
Monday, 02 July 2007

Swimming star, Charlene Wittstock couldn’t attend the launch, but this was her message to the youth.

“There’s no bigger privilege than to represent your country and swimming has given me that opportunity when I represented South Africa at the Olympic Games in Sydney in 2000.

“If your body is willing and your mind is willing, you’ll be able to achieve at any level.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I've split the posts about Albert and Charlene's relationship out of the Charlene Wittstock current events thread. Posts discussing this relationship belong here, not there. Please bear in mind our rules about the difference between criticism and insult and the difference between opinion and gossip.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

I hope that Pa &CW marry. The sooner they do the better.
I hope they re-affirm our faith in life and the long lost sanctity & covenant of the marriage bond in this manner. I hope we all read soon of a "happy ending"

the couple are featured in this weeks point de vue. But a beautiful picture of Grace adorns the cover. They have a 35 page special on her by Frederic Mitterand.

An Open Letter to Prince Albert

Albert:

For many years while your father was alive you appeared to be the dutiful son providing support for your widowed father and learning by the side of the man whom you would succeed as the Sovereign Prince of Monaco. Since his death however you have not met those same standards. It is your duty, as the Sovereign Prince of a country, to represent the highest standards of the Monagasque people in so many areas -- most notably, in support of a family life and respect for woman.

Unfortunately, you have made a conscious decision to revel in the frills and thrills of life as the bachelor Sovereign Prince rather than take it seriously.

There are far too many people who have posted about the lack of appropriateness of Charlene as your companion and/or future wife. Is this fair? Perhaps not. However, if you want people to respect you and your role than you have to give them something to respect. Fair? Perhaps not ... but, that's life.

I hope you find someone you love and respect to marry. If that person is Charlene then I suggest you do so as soon as possible and provide her with the appropriate training to support you in you role as Sovereign Prince of Monaco.

Do I think she is "the one." Most certainly not. I have posted before that you "need" (and I do mean "need") a strong woman who can support you and represent you, your family, and Monaco appropriately. Find her and quit acting like a 19-year-old college student at Spring break with the blond from the sorority house. You are almost 50 years old. Grow up.:bang:

Albert:

For many years while your father was alive you appeared to be the dutiful son providing support for your widowed father and learning by the side of the man whom you would succeed as the Sovereign Prince of Monaco. Since his death however you have not met those same standards. It is your duty, as the Sovereign Prince of a country, to represent the highest standards of the Monagasque people in so many areas -- most notably, in support of a family life and respect for woman.

Unfortunately, you have made a conscious decision to revel in the frills and thrills of life as the bachelor Sovereign Prince rather than take it seriously.

There are far too many people who have posted about the lack of appropriateness of Charlene as your companion and/or future wife. Is this fair? Perhaps not. However, if you want people to respect you and your role than you have to give them something to respect. Fair? Perhaps not ... but, that's life.

I hope you find someone you love and respect to marry. If that person is Charlene then I suggest you do so as soon as possible and provide her with the appropriate training to support you in you role as Sovereign Prince of Monaco.

Do I think she is "the one." Most certainly not. I have posted before that you "need" (and I do mean "need") a strong woman who can support you and represent you, your family, and Monaco appropriately. Find her and quit acting like a 19-year-old college student at Spring break with the blond from the sorority house. You are almost 50 years old. Grow up.:bang:

That was just brilliant and also heartfelt. I commend you on your letter.

Albert:

:flowers: Powerful!!! That is godly wisdom in which Prince Albert could benefit from.......:flowers:

I have posted before that you "need" (and I do mean "need") a strong woman who can support you and represent you, your family, and Monaco appropriately.

... someone like his sister Caroline. Too bad she cannot be cloned.

Albert:

:clap: :flowers: Very well put!

Reminds me of something I wrote and nearly send to Mrs. Stahl when she was doing her short stint as PA's personal advisor. Luckily my common sense kicked in before I could make a fool of myself.... :ermm:

... someone like his sister Caroline. Too bad she cannot be cloned.
That would be icky!

Albert:

Well Said everything I want to say to him he needs to get his act together thanks:flowers:

Has Albert been faithful to Charlene since August 2006 (after the yacht girl)?

My main two criticisms of this relationship are 1) Charlene’s apparently blissfulness in spite of (in my opinion) Albert’s philandering with other women (my previous post ) and 2) Charlene’s seemingly dishonesty about her only focus is training and competing in the Beijing Olympics. So, I ask the question, do you believe that Albert is now totally faithful to Charlene and is preparing a future with her? Did he have an epiphany after Charlene was embarrassingly photographed watching the photos of his hand down some woman's back in a yacht in Aug 2006? Did the thought of losing Charlene force Albert to finally change his playboy ways and focus only on her?

What if Albert's PR team is responsible (from the beginning) for promoting Charlene in the public as training for the Olympics. The Paris Match interview less than two weeks after Turin is rather odd, especially since Charlene was accompanied by her own PR manager. What was Charlene doing with her own PR mgr? She was not actively swimming (or doing anything else it seems). The Audi ad doesn’t look like a professional photo shoot. There was no one there even doing her make up or hair. Has anyone seen the ad anywhere besides the paparazzi shot of the ad on a web blog and in Bunte? Don’t you find it strange that a Bunte reporter was there to interview her? Also, how many Olympic training athletes would not attend their launch party if Nike was sponsoring them - as Charlene didn't? Charlene doesn’t seem really concern about losing the sponsorship. It seems the whole purpose of the interviews given after gaining her “title” in April was to let everyone know that she has a respectable career and is earning her own keep. Could all of the public events in Monaco be to prepare his people for the possibility of a marriage. Although I think that Charlene is crass, it really doesn’t matter if Albert has decided that he loves her and will be faithful to her (otherwise Monaco will soon be a laughing stock with a sham of a marriage). I just want the man to be faithful to ONE woman. Monaco needs a stable dynastic marriage.

So, the yacht girl was almost a year ago and we haven’t seen any other woman since. Although, I don’t think they built a good foundation in the beginning, if he has totally changed, perhaps they have a chance. Since Aug 2006, we have heard reports of other women from a Monaco “Sherlock” (told on a former now deceased message board). We haven’t seen any pictures, so I don’t know how many people believed him. Before, we knew about Albert’s plans to attend the Stars Ski event in Sweden, “Sherlock" mentioned that Albert was going to meet up with a former girlfriend at a ski event in Sweden. Well, when we saw pictures of the event, we assumed that Sherlock was either talking about the planner or one of the female star at the events. One was married and the other seemed a little too chunky for Albert’s superficial taste (please I mean no offense to any poster with meat on their bones – but Albert seems to like them real thin). With the absence of any yacht girl type picture from the event, I think many people either forget or dismissed the tip from Sherlock.

Well, I am just not “feeling” this Albert & Charlene love story. Most people Albert’s age (or mature people) who have never married have a pretty good idea what they are looking for in a mate. When they finally meet that person, they do not need to spend a lot of time making a decision AND they definitely would not be unfaithful in the beginning of the relationship they found THE ONE. So, I decided to investigate Sherlock's claims that Albert is STILL being unfaithful.

I found some pictures of Albert at a club looking really goofy and having a pretty good time in Idre, Sweden. Here are some pictures and here’s the caption.
Sweden Prince Albert in Idre for Charity Event Prince Albert of Monaco (right) wears his tie on his head while partying at a nightclub in Idre, Sweden on Saturday, March 31, 2007. Prince Albert of Monaco came to Sweden to participate in a charity event for "Star Team for Children." Pernilla Wiberg hosted the event. The organisation was founded by Prince Albert. (Andreas Bardell/Aftonbladet/WpN)
Here’s a picture of Albert with a woman where the caption states: Prince Albert together with 28-year-old Swedish pilot Elin who was flown in specially to accompany him at dinner in Idre, Sweden on Saturday, March 31, 2007. Well, obviously this picture doesn’t prove anything they could just be friends. So, I searched for any prior pictures of Albert with this woman and any articles about the night club event. Here’s a link to an article (2nd on the page) about Albert being in Idre and I think a the club, but it’s in Swedish and I can’t find a good translator. Also, I found some pictures of Albert in Sweden with a woman in 2004, but I cannot tell if the woman in these pictures are Elin mentioned above. I should warned you that the entire scene of these pictures is kind of seedy. Here they are (Pic1, Pic2, {removed picture- Lady Jennifer}). So, are these pictures much to do about nothing? Is Albert a changed man and Charlene is THE ONE?

Sometimes I just don't think that PA realizes he can't/shouldn't act like a "regular Joe" because his position as a leader of a country holds him to a higher standard in that his behavior requires him to act more dignified.

My main two criticisms of this relationship are 1) Charlene’s apparently blissfulness in spite of (in my opinion) Albert’s philandering with other women (my previous post ) and 2) Charlene’s seemingly dishonesty about her only focus is training and competing in the Beijing Olympics. So, I ask the question, do you believe that Albert is now totally faithful to Charlene and is preparing a future with her? Did he have an epiphany after Charlene was embarrassingly photographed watching the photos of his hand down some woman's back in a yacht in Aug 2006? Did the thought of losing Charlene force Albert to finally change his playboy ways and focus only on her?

What if Albert's PR team is responsible (from the beginning) for promoting Charlene in the public as training for the Olympics. The Paris Match interview less than two weeks after Turin is rather odd, especially since Charlene was accompanied by her own PR manager. What was Charlene doing with her own PR mgr? She was not actively swimming (or doing anything else it seems). The Audi ad doesn’t look like a professional photo shoot. There was no one there even doing her make up or hair. Has anyone seen the ad anywhere besides the paparazzi shot of the ad on a web blog and in Bunte? Don’t you find it strange that a Bunte reporter was there to interview her? Also, how many Olympic training athletes would not attend their launch party if Nike was sponsoring them - as Charlene didn't? Charlene doesn’t seem really concern about losing the sponsorship. It seems the whole purpose of the interviews given after gaining her “title” in April was to let everyone know that she has a respectable career and is earning her own keep. Could all of the public events in Monaco be to prepare his people for the possibility of a marriage. Although I think that Charlene is crass, it really doesn’t matter if Albert has decided that he loves her and will be faithful to her (otherwise Monaco will soon be a laughing stock with a sham of a marriage). I just want the man to be faithful to ONE woman. Monaco needs a stable dynastic marriage.

So, the yacht girl was almost a year ago and we haven’t seen any other woman since. Although, I don’t think they built a good foundation in the beginning, if he has totally changed, perhaps they have a chance. Since Aug 2006, we have heard reports of other women from a Monaco “Sherlock” (told on a former now deceased message board). We haven’t seen any pictures, so I don’t know how many people believed him. Before, we knew about Albert’s plans to attend the Stars Ski event in Sweden, “Sherlock" mentioned that Albert was going to meet up with a former girlfriend at a ski event in Sweden. Well, when we saw pictures of the event, we assumed that Sherlock was either talking about the planner or one of the female star at the events. One was married and the other seemed a little too chunky for Albert’s superficial taste (please I mean no offense to any poster with meat on their bones – but Albert seems to like them real thin). With the absence of any yacht girl type picture from the event, I think many people either forget or dismissed the tip from Sherlock.

Well, I am just not “feeling” this Albert & Charlene love story. Most people Albert’s age (or mature people) who have never married have a pretty good idea what they are looking for in a mate. When they finally meet that person, they do not need to spend a lot of time making a decision AND they definitely would not be unfaithful in the beginning of the relationship they found THE ONE. So, I decided to investigate Sherlock's claims that Albert is STILL being unfaithful.

I found some pictures of Albert at a club looking really goofy and having a pretty good time in Idre, Sweden. Here are some pictures and here’s the caption.

Here’s a picture of Albert with a woman where the caption states: Prince Albert together with 28-year-old Swedish pilot Elin who was flown in specially to accompany him at dinner in Idre, Sweden on Saturday, March 31, 2007. Well, obviously this picture doesn’t prove anything they could just be friends. So, I searched for any prior pictures of Albert with this woman and any articles about the night club event. Here’s a link to an article (2nd on the page) about Albert being in Idre and I think a the club, but it’s in Swedish and I can’t find a good translator. Also, I found some pictures of Albert in Sweden with a woman in 2004, but I cannot tell if the woman in these pictures are Elin mentioned above. I should warned you that the entire scene of these pictures is kind of seedy. Here they are (Pic1, Pic2, Pic3). So, are these pictures much to do about nothing? Is Albert a changed man and Charlene is THE ONE?

Here’s a picture of Albert with a woman where the caption states: Prince Albert together with 28-year-old Swedish pilot Elin who was flown in specially to accompany him at dinner in Idre, Sweden on Saturday, March 31, 2007. Well, obviously this picture doesn’t prove anything they could just be friends. So, I searched for any prior pictures of Albert with this woman and any articles about the night club event. Here’s a link to an article (2nd on the page) about Albert being in Idre and I think a the club, but it’s in Swedish and I can’t find a good translator. Also, I found some pictures of Albert in Sweden with a woman in 2004, but I cannot tell if the woman in these pictures are Elin mentioned above. I should warned you that the entire scene of these pictures is kind of seedy. Here they are (Pic1, Pic2, {removed picture- Lady Jennifer}). So, are these pictures much to do about nothing? Is Albert a changed man and Charlene is THE ONE?

WOW MyAdia, a great research!!! Gee...PA doesn't look like he had change at all, on the contraty he got worst! I had never believed in "PA&Charlene" love story and these kind of pictures do not show a man in love or one that is about ready to commit to ONE woman.
As I had said before PA is still havin a lots of fun and is not going to marry until he falls madly in love. Will that ever happen? Will have to wait to see.....

I have read the long contributions story with interest. Thanks.
But the main question is: is this all our business?

If (if...) it is already somebody's other business than the two involved, then it is:
- the princely family (but Albert is The Prince and can do what he pleases)
- the Government
- the monegasques (less than half of the inhabitants of the principality)

Whether Charlene is suitable or not, is pretty or not, has broad muscled shoulders or not, whether Albert has been faithful or not: all none of our business, I think.

If (if...) it is already somebody's other business than the two involved, then it is:
- the Government

Whether Charlene is suitable or not, is pretty or not, has broad muscled shoulders or not, whether Albert has been faithful or not: all none of our business, I think.

You are right, in reality this is not our business, but if you haven't noticed by now this is a public forum where people discuss about certain topics and if we follow your philosophy this kind of forums wouldn't exist.
We are not trying to change anything, just discussing....

- the Government

Still you have made over 1600 posts in this forum to comment on royalty. If you really are of the opinion that it is all none of our business what royals do or don't do in their offical and privat lifes, then why do you feel that you need to comment? obviously in one way or the other you do feel that it is our business to some degree. Consider this like a theater play and we are the audience. Basically we are doing nothing less then commenting their performance on stage. You might say that the actors private life has nothing to do with his performance. Well, most of the time the quality of his performance does. Even with great actors. We also look in studies of literature at the background and lifes of the authors. We look at the sociological, psychological and political background. We look at the authors education, the books he read, the concerts he attended, the paintings he admired. And we hope that by collecting all this information to decypher and understand the message. in our discussions we use similar methods (at least some of us do). Of course you can look at the cover of one of Kafkas works and say: nice book. But you are judging the work of the editor and the illustrator. The PR that is supposed to sell the book. If you look just at a few official pics of royals, you are basically doing nothing else. You can either judge a book by its cover, or open it and read it. I prefer to read it. ANd seeing the number of posts you have made here, I assume so do you;):D

Not really. But :pigsfly:, I suppose. I am prone to wondering these days if Albert has had much real girlfriends. Real girlfriends as in girlfriends he cared about, didn't cheat on. Girlfriends he actually loved, that he might even contemplated marrying. Girlfriends that made him want to use :wub: or :in_love: or someting. :unsure:
The summer is only beginning, Monegasque politicians are all free, Albert's family is holidaying all over the world, so I guess we'll get to see Albert doing just that pretty soon. I'm kinda expecting a relaxing holiday before he can face up to the Red Cross ball. The yacht girl season is only just beginning.

:eek: Funny man, that Albert. On the one hand he's too cheap to pay for the simplest things (he was given (!) a new car just recently, which he was happy to accept without having any objections it seems :glare:), on the other hand he has companions flown in especially if it suits his plans.:confused:

Still you have made over 1600 posts in this forum to comment on royalty. If you really are of the opinion that it is all none of our business what royals do or don't do in their offical and privat lifes, then why do you feel that you need to comment? obviously in one way or the other you do feel that it is our business to some degree. Consider this like a theater play and we are the audience. Basically we are doing nothing less then commenting their performance on stage. You might say that the actors private life has nothing to do with his performance. Well, most of the time the quality of his performance does. Even with great actors. We also look in studies of literature at the background and lifes of the authors. We look at the sociological, psychological and political background. We look at the authors education, the books he read, the concerts he attended, the paintings he admired. And we hope that by collecting all this information to decypher and understand the message. in our discussions we use similar methods (at least some of us do). Of course you can look at the cover of one of Kafkas works and say: nice book. But you are judging the work of the editor and the illustrator. The PR that is supposed to sell the book. If you look just at a few official pics of royals, you are basically doing nothing else. You can either judge a book by its cover, or open it and read it. I prefer to read it. ANd seeing the number of posts you have made here, I assume so do you;):D

What I always try to discuss is the public functioning of royals, state visits, official visits, the history, genealogy, heraldry, the palaces, the pomp and circumstance, the constitutional position of the monarchies in the various countries, their functioning as head of state, their influences in politics and/pr society, whatever.

My contributions however have never crossed the bottomline which is frequently crossed in especially the Grimaldi forums. And I have always tried to back my posts with references, sometimes already in the post, or provided when requested so.

This discussion on Albert and Charlene really is almost surreal, with even lengthy discussions that a love is 'over' or is 'renewed' purely on basis of gossip or interpretation of pictures.

Amen to that. But in the end, even of all of us boo Charlene, it is Prince Albert himself who makes the decision. Like Prince Felipe did not bother at all about a noble virginal partner which was 'required' for a future King of Spain.

Or a future King of Norway who simply weds an unmarried mother of someone else's son. A better illustration of the uselessness of this sort of Albert & Charlene thread is not available.

This thread is being reopened for posting. All posts need to follow TRF's rules. You are allowed to disagree with each other, but we ask that you do respect other's opinions, even if you do not agree with them.
If you have any questions please contact a Monaco Moderator.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Last edited:
So, I searched for any prior pictures of Albert with this woman and any articles about the night club event. Here’s a link to an article (2nd on the page) about Albert being in Idre and I think a the club, but it’s in Swedish and I can’t find a good translator.

If you're referring to the article with a pic of Albert and a reporter, it says nothing about a club visit. Only that the reporter and her photographer met Albert at the ski slopes. He talked to them about his family and his life as single, and that the interview were to be foundin the magazine 'Svensk Damtidning' the week after easter..

If you're referring to the article with a pic of Albert and a reporter, it says nothing about a club visit. Only that the reporter and her photographer met Albert at the ski slopes. He talked to them about his family and his life as single, and that the interview were to be foundin the magazine 'Svensk Damtidning' the week after easter..
Thank you Stacy. I sent the website to a Swedish speaking friend of mine and asked him what it was about. He just said that it was that loser Prince Albert trying to hit on some girls while the girls knew that he had a girlfriend. I don't know if that was the gist of the first article, but this friend of mine find royals useless, so I really didn't ask him anything more specific (he doesn't know about my secret interests:)). There's another article further down that I also was referring to. There's a picture of the blond lady (and she is with a brunette lady) who posed with Albert in what looks like the same club that Albert was in. That's why I thought it was about the club. Here's an excerpt of what it says:

2007-03-31
Äntligen framme!
Efter en timme på flyget och två timmar på bussen så kom vi till slut fram till snöparadiset Idre. Vi slängde snabbt in väskorna i vår stuga och promenerade upp till Pernilla Wibergs hotell. Där hittade vi Albert i baren och jag pratade bara lite kort med honom, han hade bråttom in i matsalen där middagen skulle serveras. Han var väldigt gentlemannamässig och tog artigt i hand och lovade att berätta allt jag ville veta om honom nästa dag.

2007-03-31
Äntligen framme!
Efter en timme på flyget och två timmar på bussen så kom vi till slut fram till snöparadiset Idre. Vi slängde snabbt in väskorna i vår stuga och promenerade upp till Pernilla Wibergs hotell. Där hittade vi Albert i baren och jag pratade bara lite kort med honom, han hade bråttom in i matsalen där middagen skulle serveras. Han var väldigt gentlemannamässig och tog artigt i hand och lovade att berätta allt jag ville veta om honom nästa dag.

loosely translated:
After one hour on the plane and two hours on the buss, we finally arrived at Idre. We left the bags at our cottage and walked up to Pernilla Wiberg's hotell. There we found Albert in the bar and I had a short conversation with him. He was a gentleman, shook my hand and promised to tell me evrything I wanted to know about him the next day.

All the articles on that blog are really more short notices about what the reporter is doing, her (very positive only) impressions of the people she meet, and what (should've said who :)) she will write about in the magazine. Really nothing that reveals the content of her magazine articles.

Last edited:

- the Government

Ok, I am guilty of enjoying commenting about Albert & Charlene. I actually enjoy talking about relationships. This is a huge board board with many posters and tons of threads and people choose who and what they want to discuss, I confess this is my guilty pleasure. Is their relationship my business? Of course not. But, I would hate to see The Royal Forum initiate a new policy which states only a royal's family, governement, or citizens of that particular country can comment on a particular family. Many posters seem to have their favorite royals to watch - the Grimaldi family is mine. What's ironic is that the Grimaldis are frequently looked upon with disdain among royal watchers (I have read some of the most terrible names hurled at them), yet some of these same watchers berate those who would like to see a stable and suitable marriage for Albert. I wonder how many royal watchers would have found Charlene suitable for Princes Felipe, Frederick, Philipe, or Wilhem? Would Great Britian be ok with Charlene as their next queen?

I like "watching" the Grimaldis (Prince Albert in particular) basically because they don't live a "Lily White" existence. As a person of color, I find them more interesting to watch than most of these families who rarely if ever associate on a personal and social level with people of color (Blacks specifically). I know about Princess Angela and Prince Max, but they do not perform regular royal duties. So, yes I am guilty of sticking my nose in Albert & Charlene's business (but they so put their business in our faces). I sincerely would like to see Prince Albert raise the standards a little for Monaco, which has to start within himself. But Henri, can you honestly say if Prince Wilhem presented someone like Charlene to the Netherlands, the people would have been ok? If she would not have been suitable for The Netherlands, please understand then that there are some of us (who are not Monegasques) feel the same way about Monaco. When posters berate other posters for criticizing Charlene, their arguments always consists of a littany of reasons why the Grimaldis are so trashy anyway that Charlene looks like a saint and they should be glad to have her. Well, I just would like to see the bar raised for Monaco, that's all. But, you are correct that the criticsm about Charlene is harsh and I am a guilty party. So, I will TRY to refrain from criticizng her, which will be extremely difficult for me. I guess I'll have to use that old saying, "If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all."

Last edited:
We're not expecting that people will refrain from criticism, just that it doesn't slip over the line into outright bitching and insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom