Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rominet09 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: ... people in Monaco would be hostile to Charlene ?
:eek: After all at 49 they must have dispaired to him to get a wife and children no ?

Because sometimes the "better to marry than to burn" theory can backfire. If they've waited this long, just by marrying anyone things could end up worse. Should Albert want a few examples, he should have been at my college reunion last year (could have stopped by on his way to Amherst). There are a significant amount of divorces that happened b/c the couple got married b/c they assume it "was about time."

rominet09 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: ... people in Monaco would be hostile to Charlene ?
:eek: After all at 49 they must have dispaired to him to get a wife and children no ?
Yes people are hostile... and are whispering during public events... not only when they are in their family circle.... they hope he will marry someone but charlene is "out".

Because sometimes the "better to marry than to burn" theory can backfire. If they've waited this long, just by marrying anyone things could end up worse. Should Albert want a few examples, he should have been at my college reunion last year (could have stopped by on his way to Amherst). There are a significant amount of divorces that happened b/c the couple got married b/c they assume it "was about time."

Oh, I so agree!
I was looking at the most recent photos (I think) Charlene in the black/pink number standing next to Albert (looking much older than his age & Charlene much younger than hers), It looked like he had brought his wayward daughter along. I thought to myself, there is not a chance that this couple will make it if they marry.

Every friend I had that married young, they usually married older men (7-10 yr difference) are all divorced now. The friends that married when they were older all married younger men seem to be doing very well?
The age gap widens not lessens for women when you get older.

I have to say if this is Charlene on her best behavior now, when she is trying to impress & is trying at something, I worry about this kind of personality with the type of leverage (plus the media) she will have after she becomes Albert's wife, & worse when she gets pregnant with the heir and really changes Caroline's position. God forbid anything happen to Albert, can you imagine??? The stress of that marriage could really kill him & by the looks of him lately, she hasn't helped in that dept yet. Who do you think would be regent? How complicated would that be?

I can't imagine a marriage like this lasting, even without the pressures & responsibilities that Charlene seems inept to handle, I don't think she handled herself well as just a guest at the Amade charity. I cannot imagine her managing any kind of foundation or function like that. You need to be able to attract confidence & money & I do not see Charlene being able to do that.

There will be a difference in Albert's wife position than usual, because of Princess Grace's early death.The sister's have had to take roles that they would not normally have had, and they have been managing them for 25 years. Even if they wanted to step back the people in Monaco will want to continue to see the sisters & their children. Caroline has done a great job with the ballet and accomplished something even her mother was unable to do. I think it is going to be very hard if the wife does not have a very good relationship with his sisters. She is going to have to be mature enough and humble enough to understand the situation. I too think the sisters do not suffer fools & will not support someone they do not think is right or that they do not care for.

I can't imagine what I think the inevitable divorce would be like, Albert will feel guilty & will suffer through for awhile, he wont want to admit the mistake once again, doesn't the child stay with Albert if they divorce? Or the Mother will have to stay close in Monaco & she will be the mother to the heir, so she will always be in the picture. Plus the other mothers to deal with? Plus her own role to deal with. It's hard enough in a normal marriage - Can you imagine any women wanting to marry into that? Plus she will need to have a relationship with the sisters. All this in a public forum.

I hope Albert thinks long & hard about how hard it will be for a second chance for real love if a marriage doesn't work out. I think he only has one shot at what I think is already a complicated situation. I think Charlene would be a big risk in many ways if he decides to marry her. I hope he finally wakes up & outgrows whatever fantasy he is living before he makes what could be the mistake of his life.

Yes people are hostile... and are whispering during public events... not only when they are in their family circle.... they hope he will marry someone but charlene is "out".

I was wondering about that when I saw the picture where Albert & Charlene were on their feet very animated, while everyone around them sitting had these dead pan expressions on their face? They do not seem to generate a lot of energy from the people around. I thought people might even try to fake it considering who he is? Do you know which photo I'm talking about - it is kind of funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about that when I saw the picture where Albert & Charlene were on their feet very animated, while everyone around them sitting had these dead pan expressions on their face? They do not seem to generate a lot of energy from the people around. I thought people might even try to fake it considering who he is? Do you know which photo I'm talking about - it is kind of funny.
I suppose you are referring to the opening ceremony?

Here is a link to a videocomment from a German journalist about Charlene's and Alberts F1 appearance and wedding rumours. It is quite ironical and probably be better off in a different thread, which is unfortunetely closed. You need to scroll down for the video and it starts week 02.06. at 0.45.

Brisant | DasErste.de

Here is a link to a videocomment from a German journalist about Charlene's and Alberts F1 appearance and wedding rumours. It is quite ironical and probably be better off in a different thread, which is unfortunetely closed. You need to scroll down for the video and it starts week 02.06. at 0.45.

Brisant | DasErste.de

unfortunately I don't understand German at all, I just heard Charliiiine Wittstock and Albert...:sad: I am :franceflag:I learned very small little Spanish (two sentences: one which says the truth "me llamo LCKC" (my name is ...) and another which makes me say a lie : hablo español (I speak spanish):lol::ROFLMAO:) and Italian (a little but more that spanish)

lckc571

Are you thinking of the closing ceremony, when charlene is dressed in black?

unfortunately I don't understand German at all, I just heard Charliiiine Wittstock and Albert...:sad: I am :franceflag:I learned very small little Spanish (two sentences: one which says the truth "me llamo LCKC" (my name is ...) and another which makes me say a lie : hablo español (I speak spanish):lol::ROFLMAO:) and Italian (a little but more that spanish)

lckc571
Here is the transcript of what she said.

Durchhaltevermoegen der besonderen Art hat derzeit Charlene Wittstock. Die breitschultrige Schwimmerin aus Suedafrika, die laesst sich von Fuerst Albert von Monaco immer mal wieder entsorgen und taucht dann doch wieder an seiner Seite auf. Wie jetzt bei der Formel 1 in monte carlo als seine mit-Partyhopperin, so mit Anfassen: mal touched sie seinen Oberschenkel, mal kuesst er ihre Hand. Ich hab das Gefuehl die schleppt ihn bald hinein in den Hafen der Ehe. Und zwar in 2008. Es ist halt der lange Atem einer Extremschwimmerin.

Here is the transcript of what she said.

thanks, PACA, for the transcript...

I say ouahhhh, it's right, it is very ironical... I like when the german journalist say:

" lets itself be disposed by prince Albert of Monaco always times again and emerges then nevertheless again at his side."

"It is stop the long breath of an extreme swimmer."

lckc571

Last edited:
thanks, PACA, for the transcript...

I say ouahhhh, it's right, it is very ironical... I like when the german journalist say:

" lets itself be disposed by prince Albert of Monaco always times again and emerges then nevertheless again at his side."

"It is stop the long breath of an extreme swimmer."

lckc571
You're welcome. Interesting note on the sideline, the journalist of this little commentary (she used to be the spokesperson of the late German president Rau) says that the beauty of her job is all the things they know but do not publish and that they are more then careful about what they publish about the Grimaldis.

Here is a link to another wedding soon article. Obviously they didn't get their facts right as I would really love to know where there is a Park hyatt hotel in Monaco with view to the palace and I don't recall her being at the awards ceremony of the TV festival. Also it was the opening ceremony in Turin, the closing ceremony he attended with his nephew. Where either Grace or Charlene would have received a british accent I'd also like to know, one of them being American the other SouthAfrican, but I guess no tabloid can do nowadays without comparing each of Alberts girlfriends to Grace. As to what the Monegasques say ....Le Matin Online > People > Albert et Charlene: mariage en vue?

As far I know, there is a "Park Hotel" ... not in Monaco... "Park Place????"... this article is !!!! another rumor!!! I don't know if journalist meat a monegasque and spoke with him about... love and wedding...Monegasque are horrified at Albert's comportement (parading with his mistress...)and they don't speak to journalists...about their prince's private life...

Last edited:

The body language in that photo is very interesting. They are very far apart for a couple in love. Her arm is grabbing at him as if to say "he's mine" while his are clasped firmly behind his back as if to say "there's nothing going on here." Their body language doesn't look as if they are in love. I don't even see love on Charlene's face; more like smug satisfaction.

The body language in that photo is very interesting. They are very far apart for a couple in love. Her arm is grabbing at him as if to say "he's mine" while his are clasped firmly behind his back as if to say "there's nothing going on here." Their body language doesn't look as if they are in love. I don't even see love on Charlene's face; more like smug satisfaction.
actually in the pic they cut out Victor Lazlo, who is indeed much closer physically in the pic then Charlene. I also wonder about her elbow. It seems to have some weird thing sticking out. I thought it might be bone due to the somewhat twisted angle of it, but when I tried it out myself, I didn't have the same thing. ( I always knew there were a few things missing with me, but never would have guessed at the elbows :D:D)

You're welcome. Interesting note on the sideline, the journalist of this little commentary (she used to be the spokesperson of the late German president Rau) says that the beauty of her job is all the things they know but do not publish and that they are more then careful about what they publish about the Grimaldis.

Here is a link to another wedding soon article. Obviously they didn't get their facts right as I would really love to know where there is a Park hyatt hotel in Monaco with view to the palace and I don't recall her being at the awards ceremony of the TV festival. Also it was the opening ceremony in Turin, the closing ceremony he attended with his nephew. Where either Grace or Charlene would have received a british accent I'd also like to know, one of them being American the other SouthAfrican, but I guess no tabloid can do nowadays without comparing each of Alberts girlfriends to Grace. As to what the Monegasques say ....Le Matin Online > People > Albert et Charlene: mariage en vue?

what I also like in the article it is the new version of her alleged relation passed with Albert

1. in 2001 : They had met in 2001 at the time of the meeting of swimming of Monaco: Had Charlene gained there the 200 m back and guess which had given the bouquet to him?
2. in 2002 : it is the prince, in person, who, at the time of the same meeting, had taken the first step by inviting it to dine. "Ask my trainer" had answered Charlene.
3. after the diner, he gave his number phone, and she lost his number phone... (this year she has already a boyfriend : a sportman... I don't remember who he is but I will search)
4. in comparison between her boyfriend and Albert. there is not photo, she chooses not to keep this telephone number (for her, Albert is not rather well) and to remain with her friend.
5. Her boyfriend a rugbyman didn't more her (he plate CW :lol:) , she makes a depression, stops a time his drive,
6. after Mr. Mandela suggests to her taking again swimming, but there ooohhhh misfortune, more trainer does not want of her, she is too old, wounded, did not have enough medals...
7. she is necessary need somebody who opens the doors or the assistance to obtain to him a trainer ... the pope not being free, she remembers that Albert is always unmarried...
8. as Albert likes the Olympic sports, it goes to Turin, fact seeming that this meeting is fortuitous... and there it is... (her plan successful)
12044.gif

9. and 2006 : With believing about her, it was, for her, like a thunderbolt. "the only time where I felt my knees to tremble, she is with him. Albert has manners, charm, he can there be caught with the women ".
10. now she us makes believe that she had the thunderbolt :bang: after 6 years???
very strange, isn't this? the thunderbolt !!!! just now !!! no in 2001 nor 2002, now when she needs ... (wants participate in Olympique games in Pékin... ) finally if her desire is always to take part bus in it why now try hard of it since Albert is there, to all to pay...)
12047.gif

and she will become : :princess:

lckc571

actually in the pic they cut out Victor Lazlo, who is indeed much closer physically in the pic then Charlene. I also wonder about her elbow. It seems to have some weird thing sticking out. I thought it might be bone due to the somewhat twisted angle of it, but when I tried it out myself, I didn't have the same thing. ( I always knew there were a few things missing with me, but never would have guessed at the elbows :D:D)

I have the impression that Albert with his arm behind his back or then it is an adulterated photo because the arm of Charlene has the odd air, it is true that it forms funny angle... do have you have, you as the impression as this photo seems faked???
that does not stick with the remainder of the photo, if somebody here on this forum is an expert in photo!! can you say to us which is your impression on the arm of Charlene
if you look at closely the photos Albert has his arm (of his shoulder to the elbow) very short??? http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x216/lckc571_album/hgtyut.jpg

very strange photo !!!

lckc571

There is apparently a new Bunte article on Charlene. Can anyone get their hands on it? Thanks!

that photo is very strange because of the the way the elbow is. unless she is very bony or has some kind of issue with her elbow there shouldnt be anything poking out like that. but that is just my opinion and i have never examine her personally.
as for the "smug look" i wouldn't pay attention because they are not marry or at least not yet.

Last edited:
There is apparently a new Bunte article on Charlene. Can anyone get their hands on it? Thanks!
I read the article, but it is very obvious that Axel Thorer did not have accreditation or any other journalist from Bunte. He got most of his facts wrong. There was no bowling as he claimed, but bowles which is the French boule or bocce in Italian I believe. We used to call it boccia. Apparently he knows nothing of sports as he considers beach volley a cute sport, which in fact is also been in the Olympics in Sydney. So he is way off ridiculing the athletes when Ms Wittstock would have been a much better target in ways of manner behaviour etc. Now he even wants the scarve she wore turned into her trade mark? Please give me a brake. But I suppose Bunte does have a problem with getting accreditation for their journalists as they quite obviously do not employ any. I am surprised that serious journalists actually allow them to be put into the same category. In German there is luckily another more suitable word for them: Schmierfink.

I read the article, but it is very obvious that Axel Thorer did not have accreditation or any other journalist from Bunte. He got most of his facts wrong. There was no bowling as he claimed, but bowles which is the French boule or bocce in Italian I believe. We used to call it boccia. Apparently he knows nothing of sports as he considers beach volley a cute sport, which in fact is also been in the Olympics in Sydney. So he is way off ridiculing the athletes when Ms Wittstock would have been a much better target in ways of manner behaviour etc. Now he even wants the scarve she wore turned into her trade mark? Please give me a brake. But I suppose Bunte does have a problem with getting accreditation for their journalists as they quite obviously do not employ any. I am surprised that serious journalists actually allow them to be put into the same category. In German there is luckily another more suitable word for them: Schmierfink.

Thanks paca it sounds like it must have been a slow week for news/gossip either that or the Wittstock family owns stock in Bunte. What a shame to ridicule the athletes while trying to promote Charlene. It's going to backfire against her in the long run. But then wasn't it the athletes who booed her at the opening?

Hi paca
Thank you so very much for translating[ you should be working at the UN] and delivering the essence of the article to us.It is high summer in Europe and most are on vacation I believe.Sounds like this Axel Thorer is grasping for straws with Miss Wittsock's scarf transformed into her trademark. Slow newsweek.

I Think Albert & Charlene Just Friends. I Don't Think They Will Get Marry. But I Hope He Will Find Somebody To Love Him. For Him.

Hi paca
Thank you so very much for translating[ you should be working at the UN] and delivering the essence of the article to us.It is high summer in Europe and most are on vacation I believe.Sounds like this Axel Thorer is grasping for straws with Miss Wittsock's scarf transformed into her trademark. Slow newsweek.
The interesting thing is that in his blog he writes about the bad behaviour of some VIP doctor. Funny he doesn't mention Charlene's bad behaviour. Also when you look at his personal page that this man is not quite in this world. He claims that his ancestors founded Norway and all sorts of other things. I wonder whether Bunte know about his delirium.

Portrait | Axel Thorer: Life in a magazine

BUNTE.T-Online Starblogs

Does it really matter if Charlene competes in Olympics? I wonder why her training is the matter of such debate. Maybe because if she prepares for Olympics it means she is not running for tiara. And if she doesn't train it means she might became MC princess.:rolleyes: :eek:. I think she is irrelevant. I still believe she and Albert are hoax dates. She is just friend, companion but not a real girlfriend. So whenever she prepares to Olympics or not does not matter, maybe only for her.

Last edited:
I think the reason why it is important is simply verify the veracity of what she says. It is her who continually claims that she is training and preparing for Beijing as we see her doing anything but. She is trying to give herself an image that has nothing to do with reality (and how different the Bunte image and reality are is sth that I recently had the displeasure to see). And of course there is nothing wrong with creating a false image for yourself. Hollywood actors do that all the time and they usually trip over it and the only people they are harming is themselves and those closest to them.

And in spite of Alberts proclamations of not wanting to marry anyone, they see him parading her around and worry that maybe he doesn't see the reality like others and that he might not tell the truth either. Unfortunately in their case it would be more at stake then a Hollywood image because Rainier has very closely linked the wellbeing of Monaco to its reigning familily. That works fine if you have a good Monarch who takes his work seriously. It is a different thing when you have to deal with a playboy prince who only occasionally drops by to show that he is still a little bit interested in Monaco and its people. In the future Monaco will need to disentangle itself from this dependance, but 2 years are not enough for this and especially not when one iconic member of the family is being commemorated everywhere.

Unfortunately in their case it would be more at stake then a Hollywood image because Rainier has very closely linked the wellbeing of Monaco to its reigning familily. That works fine if you have a good Monarch who takes his work seriously. It is a different thing when you have to deal with a playboy prince who only occasionally drops by to show that he is still a little bit interested in Monaco and its people. In the future Monaco will need to disentangle itself from this dependance, but 2 years are not enough for this and especially not when one iconic member of the family is being commemorated everywhere.

Regarding the bold part, I thought Albert lived in Monaco? Does he not?

Regarding the red part, how likely is it that in the future the Monegasques will opt for a democracy instead of a monarchy? Is that even possible? Are there factions in Monaco now who feel that way?

I think the reason why it is important is simply verify the veracity of what she says. It is her who continually claims that she is training and preparing for Beijing as we see her doing anything but. She is trying to give herself an image that has nothing to do with reality (and how different the Bunte image and reality are is sth that I recently had the displeasure to see). And of course there is nothing wrong with creating a false image for yourself. Hollywood actors do that all the time and they usually trip over it and the only people they are harming is themselves and those closest to them.

And in spite of Alberts proclamations of not wanting to marry anyone, they see him parading her around and worry that maybe he doesn't see the reality like others and that he might not tell the truth either. Unfortunately in their case it would be more at stake then a Hollywood image because Rainier has very closely linked the wellbeing of Monaco to its reigning familily. That works fine if you have a good Monarch who takes his work seriously. It is a different thing when you have to deal with a playboy prince who only occasionally drops by to show that he is still a little bit interested in Monaco and its people. In the future Monaco will need to disentangle itself from this dependance, but 2 years are not enough for this and especially not when one iconic member of the family is being commemorated everywhere.

Exactly the problem! A girlfriend who is constantlyl feeding the press information about herself (unlike other royal girlfriends who keep their mouths shut) and whose story seems to shift like sand in the wind. Swimming being the biggest and most problematic portion of her story. As for Albert he appears to go along with all this and seems oblivious to the welfare of his people. What a perfect couple and what a disaster for Monaco. JMO

Regarding the bold part, I thought Albert lived in Monaco? Does he not?

Regarding the red part, how likely is it that in the future the Monegasques will opt for a democracy instead of a monarchy? Is that even possible? Are there factions in Monaco now who feel that way?
Well, officially he does, but since his enthronement he did not really spend much time in Monaco. not to mention that he prefers to saty up in Roc agel.

To the second, no they won't opt for democracy. That would be an option if residents were allowed to vote and be candidates as well. Otherwise you don't have such a high number of potential politicians and the risk of corruption would be rather high. I honestly don't think that a democracy in the sense of other countries would work. There are always factions like that and always have been (remember Antoinette married one of them at some point in her life), but there is not much support, probably because people don't think it would change anything for the better.

From Novella 2000 via Dagospia

In seno alla famiglia Grimaldi ci sarebbe qualcuno che digerisce a fatica l'ingresso di Charlene Wittstock a palazzo come fidanzata (e poi moglie entro il 2008, si insiste) di Alberto di Monaco: Stefania. ...(source: Novella 2000 via Dagospia)

In the bosom of the Grimaldi family there would be someone who barely puts up with Charlene Wittstock's steps into the Palace, as Albert's girlfriend ( and later his wife within 2008, as it is insistently rumored): Stephanie.

To the point that, amongst the reasons that have forced Albert to play for time in announcing his marriage, there would be his wishes not to hurt his sister's feelings. This malicious claim comes from German weekly "A".
Steph, after years of scandals, has got a first rank role in her family: she's at Albert's side at ceremonies, and she's become sort of the Principality's "minister of welfare", as a real first lady.

So are they in for a virulent fight among "Albert's women"?

This is just a translation.

As much as I can understand the sisters not liking Charlene, I doubt that it is really Steph. Rumour here has it that it is actually Caro and that she and Albert are in disagreement about Charlene. They don't think that either Albert or Steph would have Charlene come between them. I believe that last weeks aktuelle had an article with a similar tenor as they believe that Steph is the one with most to lose. Personally I don't think that this is the case. Steph is doing her thing as she has always done and she particapates in official event when she feels like it. It wouldn't surprise me in th least if she'd decide not to show at the red cross this year. With Caro it is a totally different matter. People know when she is not in agreement with sth or someone. And her avoiding to have any of her family being photographed with Charlene at the GP (I think there was only one pic and Charlene was seperate by a column from the trio) speaks volumes. It will be interesting to watch if he decides to take her again this year. I guess there would be a table for Caro and her people and another for Albert.

I'm also more inclined to think that it's Caro that doesn't like Charlene rather than Steph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom