Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am guilty of enjoying commenting about Albert & Charlene. I actually enjoy talking about relationships. This is a huge board board with many posters and tons of threads and people choose who and what they want to discuss, I confess this is my guilty pleasure. Is their relationship my business? Of course not. But, I would hate to see The Royal Forum initiate a new policy which states only a royal's family, governement, or citizens of that particular country can comment on a particular family. Many posters seem to have their favorite royals to watch - the Grimaldi family is mine. What's ironic is that the Grimaldis are frequently looked upon with disdain among royal watchers (I have read some of the most terrible names hurled at them), yet some of these same watchers berate those who would like to see a stable and suitable marriage for Albert. I wonder how many royal watchers would have found Charlene suitable for Princes Felipe, Frederick, Philipe, or Wilhem? Would Great Britian be ok with Charlene as their next queen?
If there's no difference of opion allowed, we'll end up with a very tame and boring forum. There will be nothing but bland and censored press releases from the royal family of your choice. Like what's happening in the Netherlands at the moment. The different opinions and the research is what makes the forums enjoyable. Until I started following the Monegasque princely family, royalty for me existed of something that was there, a sort of necessary evil. It had always been there, but nothing more. Meanwhile, in the slipstream of the Moneqasques, I also have read bits and pieces about other royal families and have had to change my opinion and my attitude about them. More info, different info, seeing the zillion other photos that didn't make it into the magazines, news from other sources and from local sources and some tenacious research by fellow board members have contributed to that. Surely that's a positive?

I like "watching" the Grimaldis basically because they don't live a "Lily White" existence. As a person of color, I find them more interesting to watch than most of these families who rarely if ever associate on a personal and social level with people of color (Blacks specifically). I know about Princess Angela and Prince Max, but they do not perform regular royal duties. So, yes I am guilty of sticking my nose in Albert & Charlene's business (but they so put their business in our faces). I sincerely would like to see Prince Albert raise the standards a little for Monaco, which has to start within himself. But Henri, can you honestly say if Prince Wilhem presented someone like Charlene to the Netherlands, the people would have been ok? If she would not have been suitable for The Netherlands, please understand then that there are some of us (who are not Monegasques) feel the same way about Monaco.

Anyway.....IMO and solely that, Charlene would fit in perfectly with the Dutch (read German) royal family. Peas in a pod. Birds of a feather.

But remember that Monaco isn't the Netherlands. Willem-Alexander isn't Albert. Nor will he ever be. Albert is ruling Monaco, WA won't constitutionally ever be much more than a figure head. Albert's workload to me seems like at least a hunderdfold of that of WA. Albert's public appearances alone are countless. The complete Dutch royal family does a few appearances a month, if that. I deem it possible to live a long and happy live in the Netherlands without ever having to meet a member of the Dutch royal family, in Monaco that kind of thing is might be very hard to do. Therefore the demands are not comparable. (Just my opinion.) I find it hard to compare Maxima, Mary or any of them to the lucky girl that might one day marry Albert. Just like the job description of Albert and WA isn't the same, so it is the same for Maxima and the future (?) Mrs. Albert Grimaldi.
In short (finally :D), what might work elsewhere, might not work in Monaco.
When posters berate other posters for criticizing Charlene, their arguments always consists of a littany of reasons why the Grimaldis are so trashy anyway that Charlene looks like a saint and they should be glad to have her. Well, I just would like to see the bar raised for Monaco, that's all. But, you are correct that the criticsm about Charlene is harsh and I am a guilty party. So, I will TRY to refrain from criticizng her, which will be extremely difficult for me. I guess I'll have to use that old saying, "If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all."
Yep, both Charlene W. and the Grimaldis seem to be a highly volatile subject. But for my part, keep on critizing. It is generally well founded and if they 'do the crime', they should 'do the time' as well. Or in this case take the criticism.

Ok, I am guilty of enjoying commenting about Albert & Charlene.
I actually enjoy talking about relationships. This is a huge board board with many posters and tons of threads and people choose who and what they want to discuss, I confess this is my guilty pleasure. Is their relationship my business? Of course not. But, I would hate to see The Royal Forum initiate a new policy which states only a royal's family, governement, or citizens of that particular country can comment on a particular family. Many posters seem to have their favorite royals to watch - the Grimaldi family is mine.
What's ironic is that the Grimaldis are frequently looked upon with disdain among royal watchers (I have read some of the most terrible names hurled at them), yet some of these same watchers berate those who would like to see a stable and suitable marriage for Albert. I wonder how many royal watchers would have found Charlene suitable for Princes Felipe, Frederick, Philipe, or Wilhem? Would Great Britian be ok with Charlene as their next queen?
I think that they would say :bang::eek:
......................... So, yes I am guilty of sticking my nose in Albert & Charlene's business (but they so put their business in our faces).
Turin pics and so on...
I sincerely would like to see Prince Albert raise the standards a little for Monaco, which has to start within himself. But Henri, can you honestly say if Prince Wilhem presented someone like Charlene to the Netherlands, the people would have been ok? If she would not have been suitable for The Netherlands, please understand then that there are some of us (who are not Monegasques) feel the same way about Monaco. When posters berate other posters for criticizing Charlene, their arguments always consists of a littany of reasons why the Grimaldis are so trashy anyway that Charlene looks like a saint and they should be glad to have her.
If some monegasque, "enfants du pays"... were allowed to talk ....
Well, I just would like to see the bar raised for Monaco, that's all. But, you are correct that the criticsm about Charlene is harsh and I am a guilty party. So, I will TRY to refrain from criticizng her, which will be extremely difficult for me. I guess I'll have to use that old saying, "If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.
great great post....
"
Beaumarchais wrote this before french revolution (before 1789) "Sans le droit de blamer, il n'est point d'éloge flatteur" (not sure about all those words but sure about people who have to say that they think because if not it's hypociritical...)

If there's no difference of opion allowed, we'll end up with a very tame and boring forum. There will be nothing but bland and censored press releases from the royal family of your choice. Like what's happening in the Netherlands at the moment. The different opinions and the research is what makes the forums enjoyable. Until I started following the Monegasque princely family, royalty for me existed of something that was there, a sort of necessary evil. It had always been there, but nothing more. Meanwhile, in the slipstream of the Moneqasques, I also have read bits and pieces about other royal families and have had to change my opinion and my attitude about them. More info, different info, seeing the zillion other photos that didn't make it into the magazines, news from other sources and from local sources and some tenacious research by fellow board members have contributed to that. Surely that's a

Anyway.....IMO and solely that, Charlene would fit in perfectly with the Dutch (read German) royal family. Peas in a pod. Birds of a feather.

But remember that Monaco isn't the Netherlands. Willem-Alexander isn't Albert. Nor will he ever be. Albert is ruling Monaco, WA won't constitutionally ever be much more than a figure head. Albert's workload to me seems like at least a hunderdfold of that of WA. Albert's public appearances alone are countless. The complete Dutch royal family does a few appearances a month, if that. I deem it possible to live a long and happy live in the Netherlands without ever having to meet a member of the Dutch royal family, in Monaco that kind of thing is might be very hard to do. Therefore the demands are not comparable. (Just my opinion.) I find it hard to compare Maxima, Mary or any of them to the lucky girl that might one day marry Albert. Just like the job description of Albert and WA isn't the same, so it is the same for Maxima and the future (?) Mrs. Albert Grimaldi.
In short (finally :D), what might work elsewhere, might not work in Monaco.
Yep, both Charlene W. and the Grimaldis seem to be a highly volatile subject. But for my part, keep on critizing. It is generally well founded and if they 'do the crime', they should 'do the time' as well. Or in this case take the criticism.

In general I have to agree with you. When I read the other threads, even though I seldom post I learn alot and I have changed my opinion of some of the other royals. The Grimaldis have always been lighting rods for gossip. They could have led quieter lives (in fact we thought Albert was until now) but they chose their course of action and now they are grown ups and still choosing their course of actions. Actions have consequences, sometimes good, and sometimes bad. Do I see them getting any more criticism then the others get? Sometimes when I read the other royals threads I think they are getting off easy.

Albert chose to bring Charlene into the public eye at a very public event, the Olympics, he has continued to "put her out there" thus left her wide open for comment and himself for his actions as well. When you are in the public eye there will always be gossip. I don't view what goes on here any less then what one hears about fellow co-workers at the office, or in my Mother's day the old gossip down the lane. Will we change the course of history - of course not, but are we having fun? Just my two cents and now on to the ball and what will Miss Charlene wear and who will show up!

Last edited:
OK... I'm trying to go back on topic (even if sometimes I really don't understand what is in or what is off.. but my english is not fluent and I'm not used in royals..) Red Cross ball is coming soon : Do you think that Albert's and Charlene's relationship is going to be still OK if Albert's sisters are still in bad mood?

Last edited:
Probably. Nothing has bothered them so far. And if I have to believe everything I read, the average Monegasque is at the end of its tether and would happily lynch either of them. :ermm: So either they (PA and CW) don't care one single bit, they are too thick to notice, the collective of local informants is off its rocker or there's something rotten in the state of Monaco and they are playing some sort of game. Take your pick. In any case, it's life as usual. :ohmy:

I have read the long contributions story with interest. Thanks.
But the main question is: is this all our business?

If (if...) it is already somebody's other business than the two involved, then it is:
- the princely family (but Albert is The Prince and can do what he pleases)
- the Government
- the monegasques (less than half of the inhabitants of the principality)

Whether Charlene is suitable or not, is pretty or not, has broad muscled shoulders or not, whether Albert has been faithful or not: all none of our business, I think.

I am guilty too, I like know what 's matter in Monaco, I don't live near Monaco, but I want to know, perhaps because my life isn’t that which I wanted, isn’t in conformity with my dream of child, and that one doesn’t say beautiful enough, not rich enough, not happy enough, not intelligent enough, and one seeks elsewhere to see the life of the others, if it be good, one himself compare with them, it be very difficult to him(her)self involve in the life of somebody which we resemble, which with the same way of life that we, then one him(her)self turn to the celebrity which have (at least one want it believe a beautiful life...) And thanks to the press these personalities as Albert and the women with whom he goes out, what he makes, what made charlene or does not make, what they make or do not make sets interests us, and when they make stupidities, we say ourselves: I would never have made that, know that it is Human simply.
Eh yes, I am interested in the relation Albert and Charlene, as in all which takes place in Monaco, and I analyze, I observe, I read the messages of the other members of the forum, we discuss, on the past, on the present, on the future of the relation of Charlene and albert, (because it is on this thread that I write you and not to break the rules of the forum) …
As all the members I ask questions, I am afraid we see numerous photos of albert and charlene, articles which throw to us towards ecstatic discussions, we have all the same points of view and fortunately because it enriched this forum, it makes it friendlier, we learn a lot of information and it is the purpose of a forum: on my dictionary the word Forum has for definition: (computing) virtual place of a computer network where users put down (deposit) or raise (find) notices or information on a specific subject …
You have to admit that albert and Charlene shows us more that they should show us, that they play with the press they play hide-and-seek and it becomes a mystery, a mystery which we want to discover, to clarify …
It is clear that if they did not want that we get involved in their adventure, then they would be more discreet but not they display everywhere, they speak and we with what they throw(launch) to our faces as say it Myadia, we try to know if there is the truth or the lie...
We are curious, yes, we lived at the same time with the family Grimaldi, we saw all the setbacks, we have to cry in the death of princess Grace, the marriages, the divorces, births, their boyfriends and girlfriends interested us...
... And if we get involved in the story between Charlene and albert, it is that we think of knowing Prince Albert, we think (for certain members) doubtless wrongly that Charlene is not the woman who needs for him, that their relation seems so bizarre, an impression of feint, we do not see the feelings showing through in their gestures, in their attitude, for the other members, this relation is true, who of us is right??? I do not know, I am not interested in the politics, either really in the history, or in the laws (otherwise I would have chosen another forum)
As regards what we think (at least I speak in my own pseudo, but it is maybe the case for the others) I thus think that the ideal woman for albert, is not Charlene, little which I know of her (obviously through tabloids), me the said, maybe it is my maternal instinct, that tries to protect Albert of a disastrous marriage, of a relation dedicated to the failure, to see him happy or maybe my feminine instinct (that the men would say rather Jealousy) whom I shall answer " maybe who knows ", by waiting to find what urges me to know, I would continue to speak, to try to know the details of their relation …

I am anxious to apologize to the administrators if my message is except thread

In the pleasure to read you, Henri Mr.

lckc

Last edited:
Charlene’s First Fashion Cover

Last month I posted this excerpt from a June 9, 2007 Midi Libre article (my post)

The princess Ira of Fürstenberg, sérénissime highness, has lunch on ham and on quill in an Italian restaurant. It gets ready to fly off for Venice on the occasion of the opening of the Biennial and she tells that his son the prince Hubertus von Hohenlohe, also sérénissime highness, gets ready to publish in a magazine of German mode of the photographs of his big friend Charlene, the blonde and sports swimmer so close to SAS the prince Albert II of Monaco…
Well, here’s the cover picture of Charlene on the cover of Park Avenue magazine in a fashion shoot. Also, here’s the link to an interesting German publishing company website that actually critiques Charlene’s cover shot and others (I think). Here’s a rough translation of what it says (of course a native German can do better).
His or non-existence, this is here the question: What bright lustre magazines (topically: Park avenue, issue July, 2007) have, and what we can learn CPler of it.
Here the Top-Ten of the Dont's in the CP production:
  • Blurred title pictures (Charlene Wittstock - title model the new park avenue is a victim of an incapable photographer or graphic artist.)
Also, here is a sample of other websites of Charlene’s Audi ad. Audi (don’t know if corporate headquarter) sent out a press release of Charlene’s ad. So, of course it’s up to the receiver to choose to publish it. Most used the same picture except one.

GarageBlog
AutomobileSport
Duemotori
AutoNews (diff pictures)

Here’s the statement from the original press release, which includes a personal quote from Charlene.
Charlène Wittstock drives Audi TT
* Girlfriend of Prince Albert II. gets new Audi TT
* World class swimmer now driving the Coupé in Monte Carlo
The Audi TT Coupé is the most popular car in Germany. And it is the „2007 World Car Design of the Year”. In sophisticated Monte Carlo too, everyone wants an Audi TT.
Charlène Wittstock, South African world-class swimmer and girlfriend of Prince Albert II of Monaco, now drives a Brilliant Black TT Coupé 3.2 quattro. Which means that it’s not just in the water that she cuts a striking figure: “Anyone who is familiar with the narrow streets and steep roads in Monaco knows how much fun it is to drive a car here. I’m looking forward immensely to the 250-bhp quattro engine.” Pure dynamism, power and performance. Properties that will be equally important during the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, when Charlène Wittstock will in the pool again, fighting for a medal.
I posted these promotions here because I am curious of what you think this means for the relationship. It just seems rather strange to me and definitely unprecedented for a royal girlfriend. Also, noticed how they stated that Charlene will be competing at the Beijing Olympics.

Last edited:
I posted these promotions here because I am curious of what you think this means for the relationship. It just seems rather strange to me and definitely unprecedented for a royal girlfriend. Also, noticed how they stated that Charlene will be competing at the Beijing Olympics.

The same as I believe Albert and Charlene are not in relatioship of any kind besids maybe being good friends, the same I don't believe that Charlene will participate in 2008 Olympics. :lol:

Last month I posted this excerpt from a June 9, 2007 Midi Libre article (my post)

Well, here’s the cover picture of Charlene on the cover of Park Avenue magazine in a fashion shoot. Also, here’s the link to an interesting German publishing company website that actually critiques Charlene’s cover shot and others (I think). Here’s a rough translation of what it says (of course a native German can do better).
Also, here is a sample of other websites of Charlene’s Audi ad. Audi (don’t know if corporate headquarter) sent out a press release of Charlene’s ad. So, of course it’s up to the receiver to choose to publish it. Most used the same picture except one.

GarageBlog
AutomobileSport
Duemotori
AutoNews (diff pictures)

Here’s the statement from the original press release, which includes a personal quote from Charlene.

Interesting find MyAdia. when is the Park Avenue Mag coming out or did it? I suppose we can look at it two ways; for those who want the fairy tale I suppose you could say they are trying to get a lot of good press shots and make her sound like she has been a busy girl these last 7 years between Olympics. On the other hand, if you don't buy the happy ending, then you could say he is helping her start a new career as a model as her swimming career looks like it's over. If she can land modeling jobs he will move on to someone else and they will remain "friends" like many of his ex girlfriends. Hard to call. But they must realize no matter what that they can't keep up the PR on her swimming if she isn't competing. Well that's my two cents on this one. Thanks MyAdia very interesting research!

Is that Charlene on that magazine it don't look like her. Do anybody know if Charlene not competing in Olympics.

Is that Charlene on that magazine it don't look like her. Do anybody know if Charlene not competing in Olympics.
It looks like her to me. Here's a bigger picture. Also, the German website I posted above critizes the quality of the photos, which according to the article I posted was taken by her friend Prince Hubertus - Princess Ira's son. Realize, magazines tend to do a lot of photoshopping on most of their glamour shots.

It looks like her to me. Here's a bigger picture. Also, the German website I posted above critizes the quality of the photos, which according to the article I posted was taken by her friend Prince Hubertus - Princess Ira's son. Realize, magazines tend to do a lot of photoshopping on most of their glamour shots.
Remember Albert and Charlene were very chummy with Ira von F. and her son around this time last year? The opening of Ira's vernissage/exhibition and the dinner? Feel free to call me suspicious and paranoid, but I kind of suspect a deal here. Too much coincidence all at once.

But a nice lampshade imitation by the Charlene we all know and love. Including the usual halter top style and indecent cleavage.

why is she on the magazine?
The ten million dollar question. IMO either through some sort of deal (Charlene promotion) or because of reflected fame from Albert and/or they took a chance in case she ends up as princess of Monaco. Not on her own merit in any case, as nobody would have known her if she wasn't parading around with Albert. JMO.

In the criticising article they are basically criticising the magazine and it's producer. Apparently the interview was split so you had to go from page 39 to 161, the graphics were constantly changing and they said that th journalist should have been able to limit himself to 2 pages (i didn't read the article, but apparently the content was slim) otherwise he missed his vocation. To the pic itself they said that it was either a bad photographer or a graphics designer who was incapable. Apparently the flaws of the pic are from overuse of softlense to th degree that it is blurred. Well, when you look at the pics of Charlene with normal lense you probaly understand why they are doing so. Considering her age they shouldn't have to use it at all. They are basically just criticising the make of the magazine for others to learn. Surprising that in promoting Charlene they wouldn't be more careful with their choice. But then again, Hubertus is not really good in what he is doing (and neither is his mum with her kitsch production) and no one wouldn't pay any attention to what he is doing if he didn't have a name and looks that please some people. He is not the brightest either from what I gather from when I listened to interviews with him but he knows how to generate publicity around himself.

here is the link to the article and interview:PARK AVENUE

It looks like this is the reason she was in Rome, at least the author is alluding to it. It is only a small bit, honestly the way it is written is idiotic and bad German. It doesn't state the author, but there are some sentences that do seem correct grammatically, but do not make sense at all in the context. It is clearly aimed to promote Charlene and I am assuming that Hubertus wrote the article as well as he tends to leave English words untranslated. Lobster means Hummer in German and in German people would use the word Krebs in that context rather then Hummer. It is also incoherent as he jumps from the description of the scenary, to the Romans, to Charlene etc etc. And he seems to want to bring his own poliglott background into the article as well. Makes you wonder whether he is writing about himself or Charlene. An experienced author would have summarized those 2 pages into one paragraph maximum and would have kept his vanity out of it.

And btw he is lying when he claims that it is the first time since she is with Albert that she does a photoshooting and interview. Seems he forgot about the Paris Match, the Bunte etc etc.

Last edited:
The ten million dollar question. IMO either through some sort of deal (Charlene promotion) or because of reflected fame from Albert and/or they took a chance in case she ends up as princess of Monaco. Not on her own merit in any case, as nobody would have known her if she wasn't parading around with Albert. JMO.
Charlene might consider this promotion for her and that is probably how it was sold to her, but actually Hubertus is trying to establish himself in yet another profession. He tried skying, art, fashion design now he is trying himself in photography and writing. Sorry but he is what we call a Dilettant in German. Without his name and inherited money, he would have a hard time providing for himself. sometimes magazines that otherwise do not get certain people to give them interviews, make deals with those who can get them. I think that's why they employed Hubertus as they are trying to benefit from his jetset connections. And he is trying to make himself into some kind of Lagerfeld. Let's see how long it lasts. Soon they'll only take him for the pics and send a decent writer, then they send a second photographer to "help" him and then they won't call on him at all as he doesn't really have access to A listers. He might rub shoulders with them, but they won't agree to interviews to do him a favour. The A listers know exactly which magazines to go to, if they want promotion. They don't need him. Though neither does Charlene at present as I am sure that Gala, PdV etc would be only too happy to print an interview. So question is why did she agree to help him? Because it was in Rome where we saw some indecent pics of her? Because last year she seemed more comfortable in Hubertus presence then Albert's?

Here a site with translators. Just copy the article address into website box. http://www.parkavenue.de/magazin/stories/362.html

I should warn you that this article is living evidence as proof of the theory of Physiognomy. I would rarely quote Wikipedia as a reliable source, but this is a good definition from wiki. Physiognomy is a theory based upon the idea that the study and judgement of a person's outer appearance, primarily the face, may give insights into their character or personality. Also, the more attractive a person is, the more positive they are judged. Better evidence of judging Charlene’s character positively solely by on her looks is reading the posts after the first pictures of Charlene & Albert’s appearance at the at the Turin Olympics. The first post of pictures was in the HSH Prince Albert Current Events Part 15 (starting at page 5) thread on 10 February 2007 at 12:47 PM. One minute later someone posted the South African 2001 newspaper where she gave a detailed interview about her first date with him. By 7:15 pm, Paca gives a voice of reason (my opinion) that went unheeded.

At 8:10 pm the picture of Albert kissing Charlene’s hands at the Opening Ceremony was published and then Charlene Wittstock was elevated to greatness just by her looks and association with Albert as she is in the Park Avenue article. Here are just a few quotes from post within minutes and hours after the “pretty young blonde” Charlene first picture was posted (well Paca kind of spoiled the greatness within minutes with this comment after reading the first date interview “Oh dear, another of those over talkative and over impressed women.” So, let’s just ignore Paca for my argument). Here are some other quotes, “I have a feeling she's THE ONE,” “I think we have just seen pictures of the next Princess of Monaco!,” The girl looks very sweet. 'Go, take her Al,” “The above picture shows a man deeply in love!!!,” “He is showing her off to the world and doesn't care how many photographers see his love!… he's showing his true feelings for her with the world watching...Expect an announcement spring or early summer! She will be a beautiful princess!!!,” “It's cool for Albert. They seem to fit.” “That lady is very pretty. She would make a beautiful princess.” “

Ok, again Paca spoils this onslaught with this comment, “I don't think it shows someone deeply in love, it shows a guy having a good time. And they are very well aware of being on camera as you can see,…” Some agreed with Paca but the greatness of Charlene continued with “They're so funny and cute together ...” “…she can certainly be trained to be a princess. She can be taught to behave in a conservative, dignified way.”

I think you get the picture. After more pictures emerged Charlene was deemed “sweet,” “nice,” and even “angelic.” Anyone who didn’t believe in Charlene’s greatness by judgment of her physical appearance or Albert's love for her was deemed jealous. In the Park Avenue article, there is actually no substance of anything about Charlene. The writer proclaims her greatness just from her sheer appearance. The opening paragraph starts with “Charlene Wittstock is the probably most unusual woman at the side of a European Royals. The life companion of prince Albert II. of Monaco comes from the South African shrubs, is professional swimmer and Olympionikin – and simply a class girl.” The article ends with, “Particularly prince Albert did not prove in the past always a perfect Haendchen in the choice of the adequate lady company. In view of these Charlene Wittstock however one is almost tempted to send to the man a congratulation map from Rome.

Charlene is a textbook example of physiognomy. People judge her character by her apperance. Actually, posters who commented about her behavior in the stadium and attitude portrayed in her first interview were harshly berated. Posters who comment on the inappropriateness of her behavior at the Olympics with Albert, who is an IOC member, Sovereign Prince and head of state, are berated because they don’t know her to judge her. Posters who comment about the inpropriety of her tell-all 2001 interview are berated because they don’t know her. Poster who comment about the unprecedentness of her Paris Match interview accompanied by her PR manager two weeks after her Turin debut are also berated. It’s ironic because people really get the opprtunity to know Charlene and Charlene to tell people who she is. However, she doesn’t explicitly state any educational attainment or employment history. We find out that she did poorly in school because only swimming mattered to her; she posed for the South Africa edition of Swimsuit Illustrated; and she did a few swimming training clinics. But most importantly, she tells people that her only goal is training for the Beijing Olympics and when she sets her mind on a goal that’s the only thing that she focus on and she achieves her goal. Posters who comment about the her indiscreet behavior of sucking Albert’s nipples/chest in an although private vacation (but in front of a black staff member who can clearly be seen in the background) are berated because they don’t knowher. Posters who comment on the inappropriateness of her attire (and what it says about her character in her choices) that includes mostly hatler and tube top backless dresses are berated because they do not know her. Posters who comment on her seeminly lack of training in 2006 (seen with Albert in Feb at Turin, March in the Maldives, May in Monaco, July in Monaco, Aug in Monaco, beginning of Sept in Monaco, Nov in New York & Florida & Bahamas, New Years skiing in Austria, May 2007 in Monaco, June in Monaco, July in Monaco) and lack of competing (only competed once in 2006 – in December) are berated because they do not know her. Posters who comment on her integrity due to her constant inconsistent statements about training for the Olympics are berated because they do not know her.

Comments that shatter the myth of the Albert & Charlene love story by posting pictures of Albert in compromising pictures with other women and share reports of personally observing him with other women are ridiculed by some (or they dismiss the pictures as innocent & call the personal observance untrue).

Even posters who observed Charlene's behavior in Monaco at events and at the Princess Grace Awards in New York and have commented on her crass behavior are deemed liars or jealous. Posters who comment on the lack of any indication that Albert’s sisters share the writer’s apparent belief in Charlene’s greatness are quieted on these forums. So, it seems one can only judge Charlene by looking at her. What’s wrong with this picture?

Last edited:
Charlene might consider this promotion for her and that is probably how it was sold to her, but actually Hubertus is trying to establish himself in yet another profession. He tried skying, art, fashion design now he is trying himself in photography and writing. Sorry but he is what we call a Dilettant in German. Without his name and inherited money, he would have a hard time providing for himself. sometimes magazines that otherwise do not get certain people to give them interviews, make deals with those who can get them. I think that's why they employed Hubertus as they are trying to benefit from his jetset connections. And he is trying to make himself into some kind of Lagerfeld. Let's see how long it lasts. Soon they'll only take him for the pics and send a decent writer, then they send a second photographer to "help" him and then they won't call on him at all as he doesn't really have access to A listers. He might rub shoulders with them, but they won't agree to interviews to do him a favour. The A listers know exactly which magazines to go to, if they want promotion. They don't need him. Though neither does Charlene at present as I am sure that Gala, PdV etc would be only too happy to print an interview. So question is why did she agree to help him? Because it was in Rome where we saw some indecent pics of her? Because last year she seemed more comfortable in Hubertus presence then Albert's?

Thanks paca for all the helpful info on what is going on here. I guess Charlene is all to happy to make a splash all by herself on the cover of magazine no matter what magazine. I guess all this "sponsorship" ad posing and being labeled as a model is the PR's attempt to repackage her as they can't keep promoting her as a swimmer when she has missed so many important competitions. The African Masters I believe started this week and she said she was going to be there unless I'm mistaken. So since the end of May she is now being called by the press a model. But isn't that what Albert always dates? Is he yet again promoting her or starting to move her onto something else? Tossing his friend Charlene for the first cover for a magazine is a quid pro quo for Albert. Charlene is happy for the cover, and Hubertus is happy to have a cover that will attract attention. Albert wins.

My adia Great post, though I seem to have been a spoil sport for the Charlene romance from the beginning. :D Well, I guess I am consistent and I haven't changed my mind a bit about her. I still believe that she is one of those overimpressed women that flocks around Albert. ANd the more she get's to know this lifestyle with him, the less she will be willing to go away. But we should not forget that so far she only got a taste of the good times (ok a little criticism from me and a few others but what does that matter in comparisson). She hasn't done any work. All she had to do so far was dress up and pose. She didn't do a good job in that IMO, but for some less critical people it was good enough. I wonder if they'd say the same if she was that underachieving if she really had the job. Luckily she doesn't.

The New Years skiing was btw in Austria, near Kitzbuehl.

Here is an article about Charlene actually being in the Grimaldi Forum with Albert. I mentioned before that she might have been the girl in the red dress kissing Albert. There is a reference to the Park Avenue interview and a German friend is mentioned. ( I think that it might actually be Hubertus trying to generate attention for the article) of course there is speculation about a wedding in April next year. Fürst Albert & Charlene: Hochzeit am 19. April 2008? - Bild.T-Online.de

Nice post MyAdia (paca you spoiled sport you!). Of course I had to focus on one phrase in there which is sure to spark as much discussion as official companion and that is the phrase "life companion"? Is that what he really called her? Ok now for some translations of that? Doesn't sound like she will be a wife? does that translate to mistress? Is he's living with her? and if he doesn't marry her and has kids we're back to the illigit arguments? Does it mean common law wife after a while? Does Monaco have such a term?

Nice post MyAdia (paca you spoiled sport you!). Of course I had to focus on one phrase in there which is sure to spark as much discussion as official companion and that is the phrase "life companion"? Is that what he really called her? Ok now for some translations of that? Doesn't sound like she will be a wife? does that translate to mistress? Is he's living with her? and if he doesn't marry her and has kids we're back to the illigit arguments? Does it mean common law wife after a while? Does Monaco have such a term?
The German word is Lebensgefaehrtin. That word is neutral and describing a couple that is living together without being married. Monaco has only married and unmarried. There is no automatic development to a different status after a number of years. You are either married or not.

Charlene is a textbook example of physiognomy. People judge her character by her apperance. ..................... Posters who comment on the inappropriateness of her attire (and what it says about her character in her choices) that includes mostly hatler and tube top backless dresses are berated because they do not know her. Posters who comment on her seeminly lack of training in 2006 ...................) and lack of competing (only competed once in 2006 – in December) are berated because they do not know her. Posters who comment on her integrity due to her constant inconsistent statements about training for the Olympics are berated because they do not know her.
Comments that shatter the myth of the Albert & Charlene love story by posting pictures of Albert in compromising pictures with other women and share reports of personally observing him with other women are ridiculed by some (or they dismiss the pictures as innocent & call the personal observance untrue).
Even posters who observed Charlene's behavior in Monaco at events and at the Princess Grace Awards in New York and have commented on her crass behavior are deemed liars or jealous. Posters who comment on the lack of any indication that Albert’s sisters share the writer’s apparent belief in Charlene’s greatness are quieted on these forums. So, it seems one can only judge Charlene by looking at her. What’s wrong with this picture?
i second your post about posters who are not allowed to say anything about Charlene.
What's wrong with this picture???? I think that people (specially women) were dreaming about Cinderella....or fairy when they were young. Some schrincks have wrote about legends and unconscious, some schrincks are using (not only) legends, tales ,when they are treating children .... I'm allmost sure that people here can recall some cinderella stories...we have with Albert and his Charlene something like cinderella or legend... Even if you are not a princess,an educated woman,a rich woman, a well dressed woman , a prince can meet you.... dreams dreams dreams...
BUT people are nor able to be OK with criticism because when we are saying our bad opinion about Charlene we are criticizing a litlle piece of those people.... There are also some people who are careful, because if Charlene is The One they know that it's not good for medias to criticize ... (publicity, future interview...In France when Alex story came out Paris Match was during a moment out of favour) My english is not good enough for writing long posts but i hope that people will understand.

Last edited:
My adia Great post, though I seem to have been a spoil sport for the Charlene romance from the beginning. :D Well, I guess I am consistent and I haven't changed my mind a bit about her. I still believe that she is one of those overimpressed women that flocks around Albert. ANd the more she get's to know this lifestyle with him, the less she will be willing to go away. But we should not forget that so far she only got a taste of the good times (ok a little criticism from me and a few others but what does that matter in comparisson). She hasn't done any work. All she had to do so far was dress up and pose. She didn't do a good job in that IMO, but for some less critical people it was good enough. I wonder if they'd say the same if she was that underachieving if she really had the job. Luckily she doesn't.
The New Years skiing was btw in Austria, near Kitzbuehl.
i agree with you Paca... I think that she must accept to be humiliated (yacht girls, Family bad mood..) because she has nothing else than a rich lover...and she doesn't want anything else... she could perhaps find a job or not claim silly things about training and modeling..;

Here is an article about Charlene actually being in the Grimaldi Forum with Albert. I mentioned before that she might have been the girl in the red dress kissing Albert. There is a reference to the Park Avenue interview and a German friend is mentioned. ( I think that it might actually be Hubertus trying to generate attention for the article) of course there is speculation about a wedding in April next year. Fürst Albert & Charlene: Hochzeit am 19. April 2008? - Bild.T-Online.de
Paca, I am sure you are coorect that the "german friend" is Hubertus. Here's a rough translation of the article.
Nobody in Monaco preserves still serious doubt that prince Albert (49) and Charlene Wittstock (29) admits soon its engagement will give.

One already saw Albert at the side of many ladies. Some beautiful women were acted as marriage candidates. But with none of its friends it appeared publicly ever in such a manner familiarly.

Past week opened Albert with Charlene at its side a large exhibition over its nut/mother in the Grimaldi forum. Cause was the 25. Day of death of Grace Kelly.

A German friend of the prince observed, how Albert and Charlene visited the area of the Grimaldi forum, in whom of the dream wedding by prince Rainier with Grace Kelly on 19 April 1956 is reminded: "as it the photos regarded, as the pair left and of the population was umjubelt the Saint Nicolas cathedral of Monte Carlo, took Albert Charlene firmly into the arm their views in this moment actually said everything."

At the play tables of Monte Carlo the first bets are running on the wedding date. Most tap on 19 April 2008. In interviews the two give themselves certainly locked. "park Avenue" was allowed to recently make an interview with Charlene. But the Monegasque yard forbade expressly each question, which concern the prince.

Albert's Freund: "the two should their engagement shortly admit to give, then not in an interview will be done, but via an official explanation from the palace."

Here's the link to the video again. You have to click on JT SPECIAL JEUDI 12 JUILLET 2007.wmv to play the movie. The lady in the red dress comes up at about 30 seconds into the video. If that is Charlene in the video, Stephanie's reaction doesn't seem to match the tabloid's announcement of how great everyone think Charlene is (in my opinion). Can this lady forsake the limelight just for a few minutes? However, for this video, Monaco telecom did not hone in her face.

Paca, what is it with Germans (posters, media, regular folks) and their fascination with Charlene? Germans seem to be crazy about her about her (you are the anomaly)! What's intersting is that I did a search and the more serious French publications have not done a single story about Charlene or the couple (Le Monde, Le Figaro, L'Express, Le Point, etc.). For comparison, I did find some stories in these publications about Kate Middleton. Even Paris Match has not included Charlene on its cover after their inteview with her (Charlene on the cover in Feb 16, 2006 and Mar 2, 2006 only) Albert was on the cover alone in April 20, 2006 after his North Pole trip and in June 29, 2006 after the Jazmin announcement (Charlene is pictured with Albert inside the article, but the article wasn't like the likes of the "love birds" saga we read in the tabloids). No other stories about the couple.

I really do not understand the purpose of this photoshhot. From Grace's exhibit, when I saw the wall of magazine covers she graced, I immediately thought at least prior to her marriage, Grace was actually featured on magazine covers because of her accomplishments and not because she was some man's mistress. Perhaps, Albert is trying to create a beautiful wall of magazine covers for Charlene. In the Park Avenue article, it does mentioned that Charlene wanted some beautiful pictures of herself that wasn't done by a paparazzi hiding behind a bush. :rolleyes: Well, I must say Charlene seems to have made some good friends who have similar qualities as herself - self promotion.

i second your post about posters who are not allowed to say anything about Charlene.
What's wrong with this picture???? I think that people (specially women) were dreaming about Cinderella....or fairy when they were young. Some schrincks have wrote about legends and unconscious, some schrincks are using (not only) legends, tales ,when they are treating children .... I'm allmost sure that people here can recall some cinderella stories...we have with Albert and his Charlene something like cinderella or legend... Even if you are not a princess,an educated woman,a rich woman, a well dressed woman , a prince can meet you.... dreams dreams dreams...
Lilae, I understand exactly what you are saying. You analysis is perfect and beautifully stated. I am a sucker for fairytale endings, But Charlene is no Cinderella. Oh God, I'm going to quote Wikipedia again, but Wiki has a great summary of the origin and differnt variants of the Cinderella story. There are a few key common details about the Cinderall story and some are commonly misunderstood in popular culture's rush to label a royal match as a Cinderella story. First, the story really is one of a riches-to-rags-to-riches story. Thus, although Cinderella lived in squalor, she was refined, selfless, and possessed a great inner beauty that did not fade with her lower social status. I see no refinement or selflessness exhibited by Charlene. Second, Cinderella WORKED! She didn't sit around waiting for her Prince to come to him. And when he found her, she didn't shack up with him.

BUT people are nor able to be OK with criticism because when we are saying our bad opinion about Charlene we are criticizing a litlle piece of those people.... There are also some people who are careful, because if Charlene is The One they know that it's not good for medias to criticize ... (publicity, future interview...In France when Alex story came out Paris Match was during a moment out of favour) My english is not good enough for writing long posts but i hope that people will understand.
I agree. I think there are a lot of reasons why people do not like the criticism about Charlene. Perhaps some people just do not like anyone being criticized, especially royals. Perhaps some people are huge Grimaldi fans and want to see Albert happy and since he looks happy with Charlene, they do not want her criticized (or anyone woman that he chooses). If all the tabloids are wrong, and Albert doesn't marry Charlene. I'll be curious to see if the next girlfriend will be held in the same blind esteem.

Last edited:
The German word is Lebensgefaehrtin. That word is neutral and describing a couple that is living together without being married. Monaco has only married and unmarried. There is no automatic development to a different status after a number of years. You are either married or not.
Thanks paca for the translation and explaination in Monaco. So if Charlene gets pregnant and they are not married we are back to square one but if she gets pregnant and he marries her then there is an heir. With no common law factor to play into it, she could thus become a "life companion" if he chooses not to marry her.

Paca, I am sure you are coorect that the "german friend" is Hubertus. Here's a rough translation of the article.

Here's the link to the video again. You have to click on JT SPECIAL JEUDI 12 JUILLET 2007.wmv to play the movie. The lady in the red dress comes up at about 30 seconds into the video. If that is Charlene in the video, Stephanie's reaction doesn't seem to match the tabloid's announcement of how great everyone think Charlene is (in my opinion). Can this lady forsake the limelight just for a few minutes? However, for this video, Monaco telecom did not hone in her face.

Paca, what is it with Germans (posters, media, regular folks) and their fascination with Charlene? Germans seem to be crazy about her about her (you are the anomaly)! What's intersting is that I did a search and the more serious French publications have not done a single story about Charlene or the couple (Le Monde, Le Figaro, L'Express, Le Point, etc.). For comparison, I did find some stories in these publications about Kate Middleton. Even Paris Match has not included Charlene on its cover after their inteview with her (Charlene on the cover in Feb 16, 2006 and Mar 2, 2006 only) Albert was on the cover alone in April 20, 2006 after his North Pole trip and in June 29, 2006 after the Jazmin announcement (Charlene is pictured with Albert inside the article, but the article wasn't like the likes of the "love birds" saga we read in the tabloids). No other stories about the couple.

I really do not understand the purpose of this photoshhot. From Grace's exhibit, when I saw the wall of magazine covers she graced, I immediately thought at least prior to her marriage, Grace was actually featured on magazine covers because of her accomplishments and not because she was some man's mistress. Perhaps, Albert is trying to create a beautiful wall of magazine covers for Charlene. In the Park Avenue article, it does mentioned that Charlene wanted some beautiful pictures of herself that wasn't done by a paparazzi hiding behind a bush. :rolleyes: Well, I must say Charlene seems to have made some good friends who have similar qualities as herself - self promotion.

Makes you wonder doesn't it? I went back and looked at the video stopping it at the moment of the women with the red dress. Well, the face is blurry - it's hard to say if it is Charlene. At first I was sure it was the model Maxanova but then going back again and just watching Stephanie's reaction, it could well be Charlene. I found Stephanie's actions interesting. First she realizes that he has stopped, she turns around and starts back until she sees the women, then she turns quickly and pushes her hand through her hair and ignores the whole thing and walks on without him. If it is Charlene that's not exactly friendly behavior on Stephanie's part. If it was Charlene and Stephanie liked Charlene she would have gone back to be by Albert is my guess. I know I am going overboard on this but it just got my curiosity going.

I also have to wonder if Charlene's PR is shifting from the swimmer image to the model image because let's face it she's missed too many competitions that would have made us believe she was at least trying hard to make the team. So now a PR shift to model? I wonder why Vogue or other fashion magazines have not been approached? Tatiana has recently be photographed for both Vogue and Town and Country. Just a thought.

I wonder why Vogue or other fashion magazines have not been approached?
Because they are using naturally beautiful women on their covers which they don't need to photoshop until they are blurred? modelling involves a little more then just being tall and slim. Otherwise they wouldn't have to pay them that much. ( and did you notice that in the article they are giving her the type of attributes that Claudia Schiffer is usually being credited for?)

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]2007-07-10 [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Kirsten Roschlaub : Charlene Wittstock for PARK AVENUE[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Hubertus von HOHENLOHE exclusively photographed the suspected next princess of Monaco, Charlene Wittstock. The shoot for the current issue of PARK AVENUE took place in Ostia, near Rome.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I am sorry, but my mouth is hanging open after viewing these pictures. All I can say is that it is a good thing that she does not have any breast. Also, in the online version of the article it states, " But it seems to be important it to see finally once again pictures from itself to which were not photographed secretly with telephotos from shrubs, finally sentences from itself to to read, which were not rotated and were not set into any romantic groschen novel purchases."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]At least in the paparazzi pictures she doesn't look as desparate as these pictures seem to portray. Her hair looks better in the picures, however. Albert, please tell me that you and the palace are not responsible for these pictures...please.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Black dress (or Negligee???)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Sexy poses (or mermaid imitation???)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]Pink Dress[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]I have no idea what this outfit is or what kind of poses she is trying to portray[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,sans-serif]After viewing these photos, IF Caroline is staying away because of a certain person, I wholeheartedly agree. If I were Caroline, in no way, shape, or form would I endorse Albert parading her around at official functions as his consort. Can it get any worse? [/FONT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom