Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good question. First he parades her out there, then he doesn't. Paca and many have had a chance recently to see her up close and to observe her and the feed back was not positive from those who did. But as mods pointed out that isn't the whole of Monaco who may or may not like her - having said that, it is very confusing as to why you see her and then you don't or why she wouldn't attend a mass with her boyfriend but only the party. Then you have her parading with him at the opening and closing of the Small States but she isn't sitting with Albert when he entertains other royals in his box. So one is left to wonder.

I can understand that if Rainier's statement that gossip was invented in Monaco that paca and others who live in Monaco or near there would be hearing the whispers of those who have seen her around. Having seen many many of paca posts I find her to be more than fair in her reports in what she sees and hears so if the whispering has started. it must be collecting more and more like a snow ball and it appears to be gaining speed as Albert takes her out more.

do you think she's 'training' at somebody's indoor swimming pool so she can try to make The Games next summer? maybe Albert told the press to stay back from her?

Last edited:
do you think she's 'training' at somebody's indoor swimming pool so she can try to make The Games next summer? maybe Albert told the press to stay back from her?

Nope I don't think she's training at all or she would have competed in the Mare Nostrum. She's supposed to be in SA soon for the African games - Let's see if she shows up or stays in Monaco. As for the press if you want to protect her you don't take her to public events like a festival. You don't take her to a public event and then have the audacity to tell the press to back off. After all there were photos taken as we have seen them. I think paca's explanation of the Monaco journalists not printing her photo is the truth about the way things are at the moment in Monaco. In reality it fools no one except maybe Albert who thinks he is getting away with it all. JMO

so what if CW goes to the Masters and The Games and gets a high placement, will some people like her better

I think it would be good if she went to Beijing to compete and placed in the finals after everything?

Last edited:
so what if CW goes to the Masters and The Games and gets a high placement, will some people like her better

I think it would be good if she went to Beijing to compete and placed in the finals after everything?

It's nice to dream but time will tell.

ethical dilemmas

I think it would be great if we stopped referring to Beijing but the Olympics of Beijing . And i think the ministry in Athens needs to hear about the manner in which the name Olympics is being thrown about as if the local diner as they are clamping down on the reference copyright as it has been abused - on the Olympics and -sure good if CW got to Beijing sure thing on her power by association? Sure and place in the finals ........why not? in a strapless bathing suit after the ministry has a look at this.
A MidSummer Night's Dream is your favorite play by Shakespeare.

Everytime I see Charlene she look unhappy maybe it her eyes. It look like she have to force herself to smile. Maybe she don't want to be there and Pr. Albert making her come to these events.

No I don't think so. If she was training, then there is only one decent pool to go to and if she was swimming there, people would know as it is in plain sight. And why would he tell the press to stay back from her, when he is the one who keeps dragging her every where. If they didn't want the press, they should stay home or at least not appear at public events together.

Her swimming performance has nothing to do with her unsuitability for the job she wants. If it was up to me, she could win 3 or 4 gold medals and I'd still think that she is poorly dressed and has table manners that would do George Clooneys former pet justice. It would adjust her claims to the sports which at present I find unfounded as she has not accomplished anything major in that department for quite some time. But with regards to all other points, she would still have a long way to go. Look at what stir Cameron Daiz bag caused. She had to publicly excuse herself. Charlene shows half naked at a religious festivity in the country whose princess she wants to become. And that hasn't been her only mistake thes last months. There are elderly people here who are quite religious (like my neighbour and her friend) and who felt terribly offended by her public appearance at St Jean. So Cameron Diaz, an actress, who has no intentions of becoming Peru's first lady, and who is there as a tourist, has to publicly excuse herself for a fashion mistake and ignorance, whereas Charlene can trample on her possibly future subjects feelings and all that with the approval of Albert? Now that to me is a perverted world.

In German there is a saying: Ignorance does not prevent punishment (Dummheit schuetzt vor Strafe nicht) and I think that Charlene has displayed her ignorance for quite some time now. If this criticism she gets on the boards is her punishment, then I think se get's off rather lightly. Others would have received a one way ticket home by now.

She can't be training in an indoor pool. She left South Africa for Monaco because it is winter in SA and she doesn't like to train in an indoor pool. In Europe/Monaco it is summer and she can keep on training in outdoor pools. Or so she said.

originally posted by Hibou
After all there were photos taken as we have seen them. I think paca's explanation of the Monaco journalists not printing her photo is the truth about the way things are at the moment in Monaco. In reality it fools no one except maybe Albert who thinks he is getting away with it all. JMO

Thank you Paca for your first had accounts. After reading all the posts here and on the thread of the Games of the Small States, it must be such a breath of fresh air for people from Monaco to actually have their voices heard.

After reviewing the above photos of PA and CW at this church event, after reading the quotes from the book about Monaco on the other Small States thread about how phones are tapped in Monaco, how the goverment and palace officials stand over to approve everything that is put in the newspapers must be frustrating for the Monegasque people. Especially in light that it seems many of the Monegasque people don't like Charlene Wittstock, but are forced to read every day how much they love her and approve of her, and they don't dare speak up their voice for fear of a wrath that follows. Thank goodness we have a freedom of the press.

After reflecting on all of this I really think that Prince Albert really beleives that he is getting over on everyone and that if he shoves Charlene down everyones thoat, everyone will get used to her and like her. Its with good reason that in his own mind he believes this. I am sure that in the 50s, 60,s 70, 80's, even early 90's this was very true. What ever the Palace put out there, was the truth people had to beleive, irregardless if it was true or not.

But PA forgets that in today's day and age, with the touch of a computer, people can find out the real story. Hense this fantasy spin about Charlene, the great love, her training for the Olympics, while conveniently brushing under the carpet, her lack of education, outright dishonesty, etc.. does not work. He thinks people believe it, but they can go to the internet and find out the true story in seconds. This is what he didn't bank on.

People today, irregardless of "what" or "who " anyone is trying to sell, people research it on the internet. Airline tickets, cars, potenital employees, cell phones. IMO What the Monaco Palace is doing, is called, in the Advertising world, a saturation campaign. Here what they do is just shove the product down people's throats, they see it everywhere, tv, magazines, billboards, etc. But this tactic doesn't work like it used to because people sit at their computers and research the true value and the true reality of it. In today's world people know if the product is crap, no matter how big the saturation campaign is or how nice the magazine adds or billboards are, they are not going to buy it.

This technology was not present when Princess Grace was alive, and wasn't available most of Prince Albert's years growing up.

The internet is a powerful information tool. To understimate it and to keep pushing these foolish stories, actually convincing yourself that the people will believe the tales they are spinning just makes them all look foolish.

I think most people are onto the fact that something is not right with this relationship and are not buying the tales.

This reality hasn't hit home in Monaco. JMO

Last edited:
I am amazed at how she basically dresses the same way no matter which event she is attending. Albert is seated beside her always dressed properly and looking fine. It is obvious that Albert never told her how to dress and he certainly do not offer to buy her to many outfits. She needs to learn when she should wear a shoe ar a slipper.

If Albert marries her he will only do it for constant sexual gratification and legitamate heirs. I feel that he will begin ignoring her soon. This couple is a disaster waiting to happen. I wish them both a personal relationship with Christ, and maybe they will truly learn to love someone else.

When Ranier dated & married Grace, did people like Grace at first?

I am amazed at how she basically dresses the same way no matter which event she is attending.

Yes, I agree her outfits are very similar regardless occasion...Isn't it the best proof that she has her own style? :D:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The games are the Olympic games.They are not the monopoly games the Nintendo games or the games of this board. They are the Olympics.We allude to Miss Wittsock deferentially as such.The Olympics Games are the ones you hope she will attend participate & triumph in.

Since we have gotten rather lazy about how we think of the Olympics, is there a web site we could turn to so that we don't keep making the same mistakes or taking the athletes for granted? Sorry mods I know I'm off topic but perhaps now is a good time to fully understand what Greece means when they talk about the Olympics we obviously have lost the meaning of it.

Since we have gotten rather lazy about how we think of the Olympics, is there a web site we could turn to so that we don't keep making the same mistakes or taking the athletes for granted? Sorry mods I know I'm off topic but perhaps now is a good time to fully understand what Greece means when they talk about the Olympics we obviously have lost the meaning of it.

I think that's a good point hibou, although I would personally think that most folks understand what the Olympics are by now, along with the general history behind them.:flowers:

anyway, the thread is actually on the topic of the current events of Charlene Wittstock...

Last edited:
I think that's a good point hibou, although I would personally think that most folks understand what the Olympics are by now, along with the general history behind them.

If most folks understood it then most folks wouldn't misinterpret it (me included). Over the years it has come to mean different things to different people, and as it has become more commercial it's true meaning is not so clear anymore. So even those of us who were avid athletes at one time have gotten a bit off track as to it's true meaning. Don't forget that at one time an Olympic athlete had to be an amateur. Now that is no longer true in many of the sports that compete at the Olympics so it does get confusing as to what the term truly means. I have read over the last few years that Greece is concerned about the image that the Olympics projects. I just thought if Jaya had a wed site that could help us that would be great. I know I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
If most folks understood it then most folks wouldn't misinterpret it (me included). Over the years it has come to mean different things to different people, and as it has become more commercial it's true meaning is not so clear anymore. So even those of us who were avid athletes at one time have gotten a bit off track as to it's true meaning. Don't forget that at one time an Olympic athlete had to be an amateur. Now that is no longer true in many of the sports that compete at the Olympics so it does get confusing as to what the term truly means. I have read over the few years that Greece is concerned about the image that the Olympics projects. I just thought if Jaya had a wed site that could help us that would be great. I know I would appreciate it.

well said:flowers:.

yes, the commercial aspect of the Olympics takes away from it, imo. The professional athletes that participate, the big money sponsorships, etc., those things are a worry. I still like them though (very much)

I wish that they would get back more keeping with the original spirit -- if that were the case, I doubt if any athelete would have the chance trying to keep alive one past glory for too long. I think CW trying to cash in on the one big past event that she had, but who knows, maybe she could swim in the olympics again in 2008 who knows??

But here's the question: what has she done lately?

Though I've tried hard to give the benefit of the doubt, I really think her swimming career is over (I could be wrong) and her attempt to make money based on one long past event shows that she's a has-been and has nothing else to lean on. but she could have a surprise in store, I would not know. an education would have helped her out, but since she never cared much for going to school she cannot claim it. :ermm:

Only alternative is luck imo and she seems to have that with Albert. She clearly can make her own way in this world as a billionaire's companion.

So more good luck to her, I say.

JMO:bunny:

Last edited:
If most folks understood it then most folks wouldn't misinterpret it (me included). Over the years it has come to mean different things to different people, and as it has become more commercial it's true meaning is not so clear anymore. So even those of us who were avid athletes at one time have gotten a bit off track as to it's true meaning. Don't forget that at one time an Olympic athlete had to be an amateur. Now that is no longer true in many of the sports that compete at the Olympics so it does get confusing as to what the term truly means. I have read over the last few years that Greece is concerned about the image that the Olympics projects. I just thought if Jaya had a wed site that could help us that would be great. I know I would appreciate it.
Haire hibou,[hail hibou]
Greece salutes you and sends salutations to their best honorary Athenian citizen,
Olympic Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
scroll down to Olympic Traditions fourth from the bottom in linksalso putin Olympic Oath at wikipedia......
and
Èåüäùñïò ÐÜãêáëïò - ÂïõëåõôÞò ÐåñéöÝñåéáò ÁôôéêÞò
yes this link works press on it
for now as I am on the run and Dr. Pangalos is an advocate of justice in Greece at all level a Buddha-wise man with ninety doctorates . More tomorrow.
Miss Wittsock has taken the Oath of the Olympic games and i doubt she would ever revoke this by her behaviour or ethics.

Last edited:
i found an article from last month talking on what CW has to do (according to them) if she expects to make somebody's team.:flowers:

The Times - Article

think she can do it?

i do not think she would try to be a part of any relay team because she would need to practice together with them.

Last edited:
i found an article from last month talking on what CW has to do (according to them) if she expects to make somebody's team.:flowers:

The Times - Article

think she can do it?

i do not think she would try to be a part of any relay team because she would need to practice together with them.

Thanks Lillia. She had a golden opportunity had she competed at Mare Nostrum which was an Olympic qualifier but she didn't even show up! She is missing opportunity after opportunity to test herself and her skills. She only needs to show up at one or two of these events to show people she is serious.

Haire hibou,[hail hibou]
Greece salutes you and sends salutations to their best honorary Athenian citizen,
Olympic Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
scroll down to Olympic Traditions fourth from the bottom in linksalso putin Olympic Oath at wikipedia......
and
Èåüäùñïò ÐÜãêáëïò - ÂïõëåõôÞò ÐåñéöÝñåéáò ÁôôéêÞò
yes this link works press on it
for now as I am on the run and Dr. Pangalos is an advocate of justice in Greece at all level a Buddha-wise man with ninety doctorates . More tomorrow.
Miss Wittsock has taken the Oath of the Olympic games and i doubt she would ever revoke these by her behaviour or ethics.

Thank you Jaya. Does the second site have a translation because it looks very interesting and worth reading. Thanks for posting this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Jaya. Does the second site have a translation because it looks very interesting and worth reading. Thanks for posting this.
No Theodore Pangalos does not have it in English as far as I can see or read.... but if you go to the last box in blue[the thirteenth] on the left that starts with E- { epsilon} that means communication. Ask any questions of him......he speaks English but is a wholesome Greek....
Good luck to CW in her Olympic quest....

Last edited:
"She is missing opportunity after opportunity to test herself and her skills. She only needs to show up at one or two of these events to show people she is serious." posted by hibou

post laugh of the day:ROFLMAO: cracks me up the palace keeping up this pretense of her "profession" i'll make the olympics before she does. she can't show up and not be in shape and make a fool of herself by coming in 10th in a 9 person race, then they'd have to fall back to the "model" tag line on photographs.

Her swimming performance has nothing to do with her unsuitability for the job she wants...It would adjust her claims to the sports which at present I find unfounded as she has not accomplished anything major in that department for quite some time.
Paca, thus far it seems that Charlene has had no problem getting other jobs in spite of her not accomplishing anything "anything major in that department for quite some time." I in addition to the Audi campaign and her duties in Monaco, in the next post I'll present three recent ventures of Charlene. She is one of four South African women "sports icons" chosen for a new Nike campaign; she may have a fashion shot published in a German magazine; and she is a motivational speaker.
whereas Charlene can trample on her possibly future subjects feelings and all that with the approval of Albert? Now that to me is a perverted world.
A perverted world? I think Charlene's newly acquired sponsorships and motivational speaking represent our perverted world. Charlene is doing pretty well for herself, in spite of having NOT represented South Africa in an international event in over two years (no world championship or Commonwealth) and she just got back on the National team after a two-year absence. She definitely deserves credit for her April third place performances. Although some of the more competitive South African backstrokers did not compete, she did beat out every other South African backstroker in that pool. That is still an accomplishment! But, do you really think that she was chosen for the Audi and Nike sponsordhip because of her current and future swimming performances as most endorsements are? Also, making it to Beijing is another story. Currently, South Africa’s athletes are headed to Algiers to train and compete in the All-Africa Games. Charlene’s name is not on the list of athletes. Here’s the link. Regardless, of how convincing Charlene has been with the media about her training for Beijing, thus far it doesn’t seem that she has convinced any SA national coaches, especially since she hasn’t been chosen to represent South Africa in anything since she came on the scene in February 2006.
Ghislaine, i don't think we are going to see her swim any time soon. We've seen the doctor pics so obviously she won't be participating in any of those competitions she has said that she will be attending. They have long prepared this excuse of her fatal injury that terminates her glorious career. No one apart from Albert thinks that people will buy this story. People know why she is here and they are not happy about it.
I agree Paca because Charlene doesn’t really have to set foot in a pool again. Her career has already been established by her February 2006 Paris Match interview as training for the Beijing Olympics. After her April’s performance and winning back her “title” (it still sounds kind of funny that one can claim a title after finishing 3rd place, regardless of the nationality of the other swimmers), she is able to say that she achieved at least something. Charlene has made sure that media knows that she was training for the Beijing Olympics throughout 2006 even though she did not step in the pool and compete in anything until December 2006. It is embarrassing just how much her statements about her length and frequency of training, where she will be training (at one time she said that Durban was the best place to train, then Richards Bay & that she couldn't train in Monaco becuse of the media, and now it seems that sMonaco is the best place to train), and the events that she will compete in changed each time she spoke to the media. Charlene seems to say what ever is concenient to her PURPOSE at the time. In a May 12, 2006 interview with Beeld (South African newspaper in Africaans), Charlene stated that the palace media office palace analyze everything that is written about them as a couple, so she couldn’t really talk about their relationship (funny thing, she did tell the reporter that she was heading for Monaco next week for the Grand Prix and that German and French reporters call her parents house constantly about her – seems like she was bragging. If we could read Afrikaans we would have known that Charlene was going to be at last year's Grand Prix and could have saved probably tons of posts of speculation). Here’s the link to the article and a link to a very crude Afrikaans translation.

In an interview last summer, Albert also stated that he reads everything written about him. So Albert knows everything that she has said and obviously he is ok with everything. Albert has chosen Charlene to be with him and "preside" with him over some very high profile events in Monaco. Charlene has walked besides Albert even before all other Monaco dignitaries, including his minster of state (I wondered where Caroline would have been placed if she attended any of the events that Charlene "presided" with Albert). Albert no longer has the likes of Prince Rainier (who seemingly had a keen sense of discernment and an amazing ability of “reading” people) ordering him to leave certain women alone (or at least not bring them out in public). The reporter in the Paris Match interview asked Charlene, "What qualities have you developed to attain your purpose?" She stated: "Discipline, determination and concentration. I lived, ate, breathed, slept only for my passion. At school, my grades were not much important to me, the sport only counted. When you swim, you think only at the present moment. Even today, I am just like that." Charlene seems to be true to her statement that she does possess the qualities of discipline, determination, and concentration to achieve her purpose. But over the last year and a half, she really hasn’t shown (at least I don’t think so) that her PURPOSE has been winning at Beijing. She definitely has not shown that she lives, ate, breathe, and sleep for her passion of swimming since she has been living, eating, breathing, and sleeping with Prince Albert in Monaco.

Last edited:
Here are some of Charlene's latest sponsorship endeavors.

1. Nike Campaign: here’s the link to the gsport June 20, 2007 article.
Your Body a Weapon- Nike

In a significant show of support for South African women athletes, global sports merchandising giant Nike included four national women sporting icons to accompany the launch of their daring new ‘Just Do It’ campaign.

The campaign includes Springbok Women’s Rugby Women’s Captain, Nomsebenzi Tsotsobe, Banyana Banyana captain, Portia Modise, dancing sensation, Amy Rosslind, and swimming star, Charlene Wittstock.

2. Charlne may have done a Fashion Spread for a German magazine. Here’s an excerpt from a June 9, 2007 article in Midi Libre. In the article the author, Henry-Jean Servat, discusses items for each day of the week. Here’s the Wednesday excerpt with a rough French translation. Has anyone seen such pictures? I have a hard time believing that the princess would just make up something like this.
Wednesday. The princess Ira of Fürstenberg, sérénissime highness, has lunch on ham and on quill in an Italian restaurant. It gets ready to fly off for Venice on the occasion of the opening of the Biennial and she tells that his son the prince Hubertus von Hohenlohe, also sérénissime highness, gets ready to publish in a magazine of German mode of the photographs of his big friend Charlene, the blonde and sports swimmer so close to SAS the prince Albert II of Monaco. The sovereign prince of the Rock, as well during the Forum cinema and literature or during the ball of the Red Cross, was alone but calculations rush about at big speed as for the fact that, clandestinely, participation continues and that, perhaps, the son of Albert and Grace outright found, if they dare to say, the living being of the Good God being suitable for him at best.
***original French***
Mercredi. La princesse Ira de Fürstenberg, altesse sérénissime, déjeune de jambon et de penne dans un restaurant italien. Elle se prépare à s'envoler pour Venise à l'occasion de l'ouverture de la Biennale et elle raconte que son fils le prince Hubertus von Hohenlohe, lui aussi altesse sérénissime, s'apprête à publier dans un magazine de mode allemand des photos de sa grande amie Charlene, la nageuse blonde et sportive si proche de SAS le prince Albert II de Monaco. Le prince souverain du Rocher, aussi bien lors du Forum cinéma et littérature ou lors du bal de la Croix-rouge, était seul mais les supputations cavalent à grande vitesse quant au fait que, secrètement, la complicité continue et que, peut-être, le fils d'Albert et de Grace a bel et bien trouvé, si l'on ose dire, la créature du Bon Dieu lui convenant au mieux.

Here’s a picture of Charlene, Albert , and Princess Ira at a dinner for Princess Ira, July 29, 2006. Is this Hubertus seated next to Charlene?

3. Here are some articles about speaking engagements that Charlene performed in Richards Bay, South Africa.

Here’s the link to the Feb 2007 uMhalthuze Newsletter (pdf file) that announces that Charlene will speak. Charlene had two speaking engagements at the recreational center, but Ionly saw an article on the March 3rd event. On the last page (page 12), it states that:
Municipality to host talk by Olympic swimmer.
The Municipality’s Department of Parks, Sport and Recreation has secured South African Olympic swimmer, Charlene Wittstock to speak at an event to be held on Saturday, 3 March 2007.

The event will be held at 14:00 in the auditorium at the Richards Bay Civic Centre where Charlene will discuss various topics including women in training, nutrition, recovery, mental preparation for a race, monitoring performance and health, trial and error (learning from your mistakes) and discovering your own perfect technique. There will also be time for questions.

Limited seats are available and those interested in attending are asked to contact Nadine on 072 600 2911 to reserve a seat.

Here’s a link to the Mar 2007 Newsletter with an March 3, 2007 article (page 7) about her talk and pictures. Below are some excerpts from the article
Keep it natural and healthy

“Keep it natural and healthy,” says Charlene, “vegetables should be raw or steamed and drink between two and three glasses of water a day. No fizzy drinks or junk food.”
However, she added that there is nothing wrong with the occasional treat of a burger, chips or pizza – in moderation.

“Always use sun protection and look after your skin.”

“Focus on your race, don’t look around to see how your friends are doing and practice all aspects of swimming during training including starts and turns. It is up to the individual how hard they want to push themselves. Get a good coach with a programme and diet that works for you.”

Never swim or train when you are ill as it is not only harmful to you but you could infect your fellow swimmers.

“Remember, you may not always win your races, but don’t give up. You must have fun and enjoy your life,” were Charlene’s final words of advice.

Here are pictures from the newsletter.
Pic1: Caption: South Africa’s golden girl of swimming Charlene Wittstock took time out with advice for local athletes.
Pic2: Caption: With her are (back) Nadine Fowler (uMhlathuze City Sports and Recreation), Babrielle Baleta, Liani Morkel and Tessa Bosman with (front) Annetjie Kruger (Zululand long)

And here are some better pictures from the same event that was posted in another article titled “Ladder To Success”about her speaking engagement published March 12, 2007 in the Zululand Observer (the article is no longer online).
Pic3: Caption: SA swimming star - Charlene Wittstock (centre) gives some tips to Zululand’s young sportswomen Tessa Bosman, Gabriella Baleta, Nikki Neave, Joanne Mcalister and (front) Lauren Mcalister
Pic4: Caption: Rudi Pullen, Pat Fowler, René van der Westhuizen and Bronwyn Macdonald share some sporting jokes after the presentation
Ladder To Success
by Tanya Waterworth
CURRENTLY training in Richards Bay for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, SA’s backstroke champion - Charlene Wittstock, gave talks to local sportsmen and women on making to it to the top at presentations hosted by the City of uMhlathuze Sports and Recreation Department.

Having already competed in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, the swimmer had tons of information on exercise, dieting and mental preparation necessary for climbing the ladder to sporting success.
Here’s a Feb 27, 2007 short article published in the Felixton Weekly, a South African high school newsletter (Issue 07/2007), about Charlene being the guest of honor at a gala. Here’s the link to the school.
INTER-HIGH GALA
Anyone who attended the Inter-High Gala last Thursday hosted by Empangeni High at the Municipal Pool could have only come to one conclusion……. Felixton College swimmers put up an outstanding performance of which they can be extremely proud. It was the complete performance – committed swimming, impeccable dress and wonderful spirit that earned us 2nd place overall. Well done to Mrs. Myburgh, Mr. Van de Venter and the team!
Pic5: Caption: Clinton Van de Venter (assistant coach), Kirsty Neave and Clarissa Prinsloo were delighted to pose with guest of honour, Charlene Wittstock after the gala. Charlene swims for the South African National team and is also rumoured to be dating Prince Albert of Monaco.

Last edited:
so apparently so is actually doing something for herself, instead of just laying onto Albert (imo she is a mooch).

I still believe that she needs to stop claiming that her career is in swimming, because she has not done really anything except appear in pictures with Albert and lounge in the sun in MC.

Thanks for pulling the info together MyAdia. It does show Charlene in all her contradictions. I agree she managed to pull off the third place because the top swimmers weren't there. As for her speeches, again we have her PR team to thank for that. I imagine she was quite convincing too as one time she actually adhered to those regulations. Her credibility with me is 0 because of all the comments she has made about her training and the excuses she has made. I think if she has simply retired from swimming and focused on lecturing or coaching or a charity she would have faired better in my view, but your word is your honor and to me her words just don't add up. Sorry!

Thanks for pulling the info together MyAdia. It does show Charlene in all her contradictions. I agree she managed to pull off the third place because the top swimmers weren't there. As for her speeches, again we have her PR team to thank for that. I imagine she was quite convincing too as one time she actually adhered to those regulations. Her credibility with me is 0 because of all the comments she has made about her training and the excuses she has made. I think if she has simply retired from swimming and focused on lecturing or coaching or a charity she would have faired better in my view, but your word is your honor and to me her words just don't add up. Sorry!

I agree with you Hibou, and I am afflicted because I am not convinced by this new reputation, Charlene or rather her P.R. reads all this known as them??? eh well : here is to spend 18 months to make her a clean reputation, well frankly they spent time to with her !!! and her acts, her words, all what!!! show another person!!!

who is this Charlene that you present to us??? not that which accompanies Albert, not that which for 18 months has told us all and anything

I don’t say that you lie us, MyAdia, but me one always quoted me of many proverbs who reflects the life, our acts, our words...:

1.Say me which you frequent I will say which you are,
2.It does not have there smoke without fire
3.A lost reputation isn’t found any more.
4. Large teller is not large maker.
5. Good reputation is better than beautiful clothes

lckc571

...I think if she has simply retired from swimming and focused on lecturing or coaching or a charity she would have faired better in my view, but your word is your honor and to me her words just don't add up. Sorry!
The issue for me is one of honor also. I find nothing wrong when one party in a long distance relationship move to be nearer the other and obviously it has to be Charlene in this case. I also find nothing wrong with Albert helping her to find a job or career (although I'm sure that people will criticize it). My issue is creating this facade of a career using the Olympics. Here’s a link to an article that explains why I find Charlene’s sponsorships and her constant claims of training (as she prances around the world and Monaco performing duties with Albert) so dishonorable to the Olympic spirit.

In this article (excerpt below), the president of the SA Olympic Committee complains that the country needs to invest in its stellar athletes. South Africa won 38 medals in the Commonwealth games last spring, but many athletes had to make huge financial sacrifices to even train and attend these games to represent their country honorably (of course Charlene wasn’t there). It seems most of their athletes have to work because the stipend (if any) and sponsorships are small and few for the majority of the athletes (even the stellar ones). I do not believe for one minute that Charlene is gathering sponsorhips to support herself while she diligently trains for the Olympics (as she did to make the 2000 team and as she did to try to make the 2004 team, although she fail). Charlene is gathering sponsorhips(obviously with the help of her billion dollar boyfriend, especially since Albert’s company SBM just signed a partnership with Audi) and making claims of training for the Olympics as a public relations scheme. It sounds so much more honorable, as she attend event after event and vacation after vacation with Albert, to say that she has a career and it is training for the Olympics as opposed to saying (what is clearly obvious) that she has no job or career and that she is Albert’s mistress. They both are cheapening the Olympic spirit with this farce of a career. It’s really more disgusting when you read of athletes who work multiple jobs just to even to afford to train.

Invest in our stellar athletes, says Mashishi

He pointed out the financial sacrifices many of the athletes had to make in order to represent the country in Melbourne. "Babalwa Ndleneni, who won a bronze medal for weightlifting, now returns to the care centre where she works having forfeited three weeks pay. She had to take unpaid leave to come to Melbourne.

"Women's discus gold medallist Elizna Naude is a teacher who also had to forgo income while swimmer Roland Schoeman has to travel all over the world to compete." Sam added that South Africans spoke about sport as "social cohesion" but that it was time to stop paying lip service to slogans.

"These slogans need to be turned into action. We have completed half a cycle that ends at the Olympics in Beijing in 2008. In order to succeed there, these athletes will have to triple up on their Commonwealth Games performances.

"Preparations for Beijing need to start tomorrow and not next week."

Charlene may not know certain social graces, but she knows what it takes to win at swimming. This woman has been competing since she was a little girl (I think 8 years old). And, I do not thin kthat she is foolish enough to compete on an international level in Europe. Charlene may say one thing - like she said that she was coming too Europe to compete. But clearly this is another one of those many times where Charlene says one thing, but actually does another (I think this is a requirement to be an Albert angel). Here's the full article quoting her after the April nationals.
TELKOM SA National Aquatic Championships Day 4 report
4/13/2007 9:44:00 PM

Charlene Wittstock made her comeback worthwhile winning a title in the 50 backstroke, even though she did not win the event. Spohie Edington of Australia won the event in 29.20, followed by Fabiola Molina of Brazil in 29.40 with Wittstock the first South African in 30.16.

“This is wonderful, I have only been training for three months and now I have a title. I am hoping go over to Europe and swim there so that I can race more. That is the only way I am really going to improve,” said Wittstock…

That was April. Has she "race more" in Europe to "improve" (at swimming that is)? Here's why I believe that Charlene will not compete on an international level in Europe. I don’t know if this was posted, but here’s a link to a SSA March 30, 2007 article of a televised South African invitational only short course event that Charlene swam April 7, 2007 a week before the South Africa’s nationals. The winners were actually paid and they only had 5 women events. They invited top SA swimmers and international women swimmers who just competed in the world championships. Charlene participated in the 50m backstroke and placed 5th out of 6 swimmers. It seems that there were no prelim or intermed event, just the finals – so she was really 5th out of 6th. Below is an excerpt and here’s the link to the full article describing the event and here’s a link to the results. Of course, it was honor to be invited.

Innovative SSA swimming events challenge the depth of SA swimmers
3/30/2007 5:06:00 PM

‘The South African Swimming Series’ – which promises to provide more racing opportunities for more South African swimmers and challenge the depth of SA swimmers – will become a reality in 2008. However, the South African public, sponsors and swimmers will have a sneak preview of this challenge to the mental attitude and physical stamina of our swimmers with an appetizer event: ‘The Gauteng Sprint Challenge’ being held on Saturday 7 April at 19:00 in Germiston’s Deville Pool.

The Gauteng Sprint Challenge will be a short course challenge specifically tailored for television and focused on just 12 events which were identified for their high quality and the possibility of records being broken here. South Africa’s top athletes and selected overseas swimmers will compete in final races only with prize money of approximately R 10 500 (1 500$) per event sponsored by Gauteng’s Department of Sport and Recreation and Telkom – SSA’s main sponsor…

The 5 ladies’ events will include three 50m events, the 200m Breast and 400m Free Stroke events and will showcase South Africa’s top female swimmers in their particular events which include Suzaan van Biljon, Natalie du Toit, Jean-Marie Neethling, Lize-Marie Retief, Chanelle van Wyk, Wendy Trott, Charlene Wittstock and Yolana du Plessis.

The international swimmers taking part in The Gauteng Sprint Challenge all currently compete at the FINA World Championships. They are Gabriel Mangabeira from Brazil, Fabiola Molina from Brazil, Lubos Krizko from Slovenia, Sophie Edington from Australia and Thomas Rupprath from Germany.
Well, I cleared my files of Charlene's glorius swimming comeback.

In this article (excerpt below), the president of the SA Olympic Committee complains that the country needs to invest in its stellar athletes. South Africa won 38 medals in the Commonwealth games last spring, but many athletes had to make huge financial sacrifices to even train and attend these games to represent their country honorably (of course Charlene wasn’t there). It seems most of their athletes have to work because the stipend (if any) and sponsorships are small and few for the majority of the athletes (even the stellar ones). I do not believe for one minute that Charlene is gathering sponsorhips to support herself while she diligently trains for the Olympics (as she did to make the 2000 team and as she did to try to make the 2004 team, although she fail). Charlene is gathering sponsorhips(obviously with the help of her billion dollar boyfriend, especially since Albert’s company SBM just signed a partnership with Audi) and making claims of training for the Olympics as a public relations scheme. It sounds so much more honorable, as she attend event after event and vacation after vacation with Albert, to say that she has a career and it is training for the Olympics as opposed to saying (what is clearly obvious) that she has no job or career and that she is Albert’s mistress. They both are cheapening the Olympic spirit with this farce of a career. It’s really more disgusting when you read of athletes who work multiple jobs just to even to afford to train.

I easily imagine the athletes who were obliged to make sacrifices, had to work to earn their living, and obviously to involve themselves hard, see Charlene having money or to be sponsored without any effort... and to hate her
she will not be made friends in this medium... then think that she can make official receptions of charity for the athletes as she enjoys to say it...
in any way what she shows us does not like all

lckc571

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom