Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also more inclined to think that it's Caro that doesn't like Charlene rather than Steph.
Maybe they got wind of not everyone in favour of Charlene and are now looking for who has most to lose. Also Steph and Albert are very close, so that might make the better story, but from what I have seen of Steph and heard of her, I think she is most likely minding her own business and dealing with it once he is actually married to Charlene. i shouldn't think that she would worry too much now. The only pics we have seen of her with Charlene date from last year, whereas Caro only according to available pics met her at a lot more occasions. How often they met without photographers present we don't know, but she surely had ample occasion to form an opinion.

Well, one of the reasons that they may believe that is it Stephanie is the fact that Caroline had Charlene sitting at her table at the AMADE function in South Africa earlier this year and that Caroline actually shows at events where Charlene is present.

Does everyone think it is a far gone conclusion that Albert and Charlene are getting married next year?

It is a long way till next year pink and sooner or later he will have to open his eyes to her ability or better disabilty to function in public. We have seen the pics of her first GP performance. Ok give her credit for being nervous and first time on his home turf. But look at the tooth picking pic, the hand under the table pics and add to that my description of her table manners. Public mishaps are only endearing people to the public who are otherwise flawless 9or appear to be) ad make them more human. To someone who is already sporting flaws, it just adds to the list. Just look at comments about Britney Spears pics when you see her knickers and then the same when it happened not too long ago to Princess letizia. Same incident, but different results. I think if Albert would marry her, he would have to deal with a lot of Britney Spears like comments.

Well, one of the reasons that they may believe that is it Stephanie is the fact that Caroline had Charlene sitting at her table at the AMADE function in South Africa earlier this year and that Caroline actually shows at events where Charlene is present.

Could be why Caroline isn't willing to appear in public with her - she saw her table manners up close :D

I'm also more inclined to think that it's Caro that doesn't like Charlene rather than Steph.

My impression is that neither likes Charlene and my basis for this is that Stephanie's daughter Camille loves sports especially gymnastics and neither Stephanie or Camille was photographed or seen at these events. Charlene on the other hand was seen at these events. It think it was a replay of the Grand Prix with Caroline and her children. Although we are guessing here, I think we all feel that something is definitely up with Albert and his sisters. Stephanie would be the most welcoming of the two so when I get the feeling she doesn't like her, I think there is more than meets the eye going on behind the scenes. I don't think it has anything to do with a power play by either girls. I honestly think it has to do with what we have been commenting on. How can Charlene carry out duties like handing out literary awards when she has no education and has made no bones about academics not being important. It is statements like that that make you wonder what on earth Albert was thinking. How could anyone take her seriously in her duties. I just think if anything Caroline and Stephanie probably have pointed out the obvious, and are not bound to carry out any duties in Monaco but that brings us full circle to two courts: Albert's based in Monaco and Caroline's based in Paris.

In seno alla famiglia Grimaldi ci sarebbe qualcuno che digerisce a fatica l'ingresso di Charlene Wittstock a palazzo come fidanzata (e poi moglie entro il 2008, si insiste) di Alberto di Monaco: Stefania. ...(source: Novella 2000 via Dagospia)

In the bosom of the Grimaldi family there would be someone who barely puts up with Charlene Wittstock's steps into the Palace, as Albert's girlfriend ( and later his wife within 2008, as it is insistently rumored): Stephanie.

To the point that, amongst the reasons that have forced Albert to play for time in announcing his marriage, there would be his wishes not to hurt his sister's feelings. This malicious claim comes from German weekly "A".
Steph, after years of scandals, has got a first rank role in her family: she's at Albert's side at ceremonies, and she's become sort of the Principality's "minister of welfare", as a real first lady.

So are they in for a virulent fight among "Albert's women"?

This is just a translation.

Thanks Tosca, It sounds like Charlene's PR team is hard at work trying to put blame on a situation that shouldn't have happened in the first place. If anything, what I take away from this is Charlene pushing hard for the tiara and will stop at nothing to get it, and if it includes separating Albert from his sisters well all there is a lot at stake for Charlene more so than Caroline and Stephanie. The ones with the most at stake are the citizens of Monaco. So why blame the sisters when it was Albert who created the mess in the first place. JMO

My impression is that neither likes Charlene and my basis for this is that Stephanie's daughter Camille loves sports especially gymnastics and neither Stephanie or Camille was photographed or seen at these events. Charlene on the other hand was seen at these events. It think it was a replay of the Grand Prix with Caroline and her children. Although we are guessing here, I think we all feel that something is definitely up with Albert and his sisters. Stephanie would be the most welcoming of the two so when I get the feeling she doesn't like her, I think there is more than meets the eye going on behind the scenes. I don't think it has anything to do with a power play by either girls. I honestly think it has to do with what we have been commenting on. How can Charlene carry out duties like handing out literary awards when she has no education and has made no bones about academics not being important. It is statements like that that make you wonder what on earth Albert was thinking. How could anyone take her seriously in her duties. I just think if anything Caroline and Stephanie probably have pointed out the obvious, and are not bound to carry out any duties in Monaco but that brings us full circle to two courts: Albert's based in Monaco and Caroline's based in Paris.
Hibou, I think you are mixing up Camille with Pauline. Pauline used to do gymnastics (and she was quite good at it) and she used to do diving as well (where she was very good as well), unfortunetely she seems to be giving up every time she reaches a certain level ( maybe she get's bored of being the best :D). I'm not sure which sport she is doing now. I don't think that Camille is doing any sports, but those who follow Stephs family more closely might know.

As to Steph, I have heard that it is very difficult to have a row with her and especially between her and Albert. I didn't see her, but I was at gymnastics only briefly. She or Pauline might have been there without anyone noticing. Remember there where only sportsphotographers so unless someone really pointed them out they wouldn't have known. Especially not if Pauline came by herself or with friends. The absence of pics doesn't mea that they weren't there at all. Albert always had his own photographer in tow where ever he went. And of course everyone knew about him and Charlene. But Elizabeth-Ann and Melanie were already either not recognized or referred to as friends ( and especially Elizabeth-Ann should be known from the Tennis open if for no other reason).

I simply don't see Steph lecturing Albert about his mistress. If she doesn't like her, she'll keep out of the way, but at this point I don't even think that she is giving Charlene that much of a thought. Steph lives in the present, not in the past or in the future. And in her present Charlene doesn't play a role unless she lets her or Albert tags her along. Her life is circling around her children and her charity work and the circusfestival.

Caro on the otherhand is much more into appearances. i think that is why she was allowing photographs last year and invited her in Africa. That way she could observe and at the same time humour her brother. He must have seen already last year that wasn't a good idea to overimpose Charlene on people otherwise why suddenly keep her out of sight (and briefly after redcross make the declaration of not intending to get married - to humour Caro, possibly?)? Now, maybe to humour Charlene he is doing the same thing, only this time Caro is not playing the game any more. She has recently attended several things in Monaco, minor occasions, but since they were all documented in the paper, she is making her point that she has no intention of leaving Monaco. SHe is simply not attending the same events as Charlene. Red Cross will be quite amusing this year, unless Charlene excuses herself for being busy training...

I think the reason why it is important is simply verify the veracity of what she says. It is her who continually claims that she is training and preparing for Beijing as we see her doing anything but. She is trying to give herself an image that has nothing to do with reality (and how different the Bunte image and reality are is sth that I recently had the displeasure to see).

And in spite of Alberts proclamations of not wanting to marry anyone, they see him parading her around and worry that maybe he doesn't see the reality like others and that he might not tell the truth either. .

Agreed Paca. I have stated my piece about Charlenes lack of education but the other problem I have always had with her is her blatent dishonesty.

She has lied repeately about training for the Olympics. In her own words in public magazines and interviews she has claimed to be training hard 8 hours a day, never being able to have even a glass of wine, no social life, just training, all to get herself into magazines and build the image of herself as an athlete in training for the Olympics. But the world has seen her do just the opposite of what she claims to be doing. IMO this is making a mockery out of all the other reputible athletes that are really training hard and sacrificing a lot to make it to the Olympics.

To take it further, in her own words after finishing 3rd in South Africa and somehow getting a title?? (not sure how that happens really?) She claimed immediately after that she would move to Europe to train hard and that there were better competitions in Europe she would compete in. Then why has she not competed in the big Mare Nostrum swim meet in Monaco where other Olympians competed? The competition took place right in the city where she was living and supposedly training. (not to mention the other meets in that same circut, Barcelona, Italy all near by.

The reason now is obvious, Charlene would have made a complete fool of herself and of Prince Albert by her poor performance. She is not in training at all. She cannot keep up with the real athletes training for the Olympics. Her claims to train are stricly for her own PR of selling Charlene Wittstock as a suitable companion to Prince Albert.

IMO Charlene Wittstock is a dishonest little liar, and this is not a quality an Olympian should emulate. It shows she lacks integrity. She makes a mockery out of all Olympians acting in the manner she is behaving.

She is desperate because she has done nothing else with her life so being an athlete is all she can claim to be.

I think that Prince Albert is enamoured with the image of the Charlene Wittstock that the magazines created not the real life Charlene Wittstock who has no education, no job, done nothing in 7 years to advance herself and is just living off one accomplishment of years past.

One day PA will wake up and see the real CW, not the PR imitation spun by the magazines and a few disloyal advisors.

Lets hope it happens before he destroys his relationship with his sisters, loses the respect of his people and totally ruins the image of Monaco. :bang:

Last edited:
I really dont think Stephanie would let her come between her and her Brother thay are so close i just cant see that happening both would be so sad if it did .from what im reading and hearing about Charlene maybe not Alberts best choice.

HI paca I must be confusing Camille with Pauline. I would think Albert would want a photo for PR purposes of Steph and her children at the events. They seem to get photographed when they attend other sports events. I do think there is a problem with the sisters and Charlene but as you said Steph would try to stay out of the way but maybe that's the point she shows up when called upon by her brother but otherwise does mind her own business. Caroline since their Mother died has always carried the burden of first Lady and I think understands the importance of appearances. I think the lack of photos with Caroline and Co is significant and I think the absence of photos of Steph at the games is also telling. I guess we will have to wait for the ball to see who turns up. Last year they all looked like they would rather be somewhere else- I just wonder about this year.

Todays Monaco matin has a large article about Charlene. Front page plus page 2, nothing in the Monaco section though. Even they are claiming that people are sooooo happy. They call them soulmates, but the only reference is sports. The offical reason for her to be here is given by her preparing the Olympics in Monacos pools (must be a hidden one, since I have seen her only once in there in the evening when Albert was busy next door. Morning training doesn't seem to be her thing, as she wasn't at the pool with the Monaco swimmers yesterday). They also quote Alberts interview with Corriere della sera where he states that he has at the moment no wedding plas. But they are also questioning what he means by it. They say that this summer might not necessarily be her last summer on the rock.

There is nothing new in the article just a rehash of what the tabloids write. I wonder whether this article has been asked for by the palace PR to get people used to her, even after the shock they have been through when observing them during the games (I have noticed that she has somewhat disappeared into the background since the games, no pics from mare nostrum? wouldn't that have been romantic since that's how they met?), or whether the paper is trying to put some pressure on to see what is coming from the palace in return to put people in the clear about his intentions.

In any case, the next occasion to show her off would be this week during the jumping. Since Caro and Charlotte are usually there, it will be interesting to see whether we will have family pics this time.

Todays Monaco matin has a large article about Charlene. Front page plus page 2, nothing in the Monaco section though. Even they are claiming that people are sooooo happy. They call them soulmates, but the only reference is sports. The offical reason for her to be here is given by her preparing the Olympics in Monacos pools (must be a hidden one, since I have seen her only once in there in the evening when Albert was busy next door. Morning training doesn't seem to be her thing, as she wasn't at the pool with the Monaco swimmers yesterday). They also quote Alberts interview with Corriere della sera where he states that he has at the moment no wedding plas. But they are also questioning what he means by it. They say that this summer might not necessarily be her last summer on the rock.

There is nothing new in the article just a rehash of what the tabloids write. I wonder whether this article has been asked for by the palace PR to get people used to her, even after the shock they have been through when observing them during the games (I have noticed that she has somewhat disappeared into the background since the games, no pics from mare nostrum? wouldn't that have been romantic since that's how they met?), or whether the paper is trying to put some pressure on to see what is coming from the palace in return to put people in the clear about his intentions.

In any case, the next occasion to show her off would be this week during the jumping. Since Caro and Charlotte are usually there, it will be interesting to see whether we will have family pics this time.

it appears obvious to me that the article was ordered by Pa or PR, the words were even selected... since I read the extract of the book of Didier laurens, I am not oneself more doubt all is intentional!!! except a thing when that explodes to him with the face as usual, Albert said "I was deceived" for the third time nevertheless

finally let us have pity of the press which does not have any more its freedom to write what it hears, of saying what it wants... The freedom of the press died when it acts of public character of this category
fache-censure.gif

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x216/lckc571_album/censure.gif
lckc571

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you could be right that it was ordered, as Monaco matin is owned by the Grimaldis to some part. On the other hand I don't see anything new in the article that wasn't written in Bunte or other friendly tabloids. And it doesn't go overboard in it's praise of Charlenes virtues like Bunte did. Probably couldn't as we have seen a lot of her and people aren't easily fooled. All they do is point out that they both like sport and that they are not hiding. The beginning of the relationship is though given as having begun a few months before Turin, so I guess that was his December trip to South Africa. Not like in some magazines starting years before.

I'm not sure about this article because Albert's position is really more and more uncomfortable with monegasque... some walls are speaking around monaco!!!!

I'm not sure about this article because Albert's position is really more and more uncomfortable with monegasque... some walls are speaking around monaco!!!!

Albert appears to be shoving this girl down peoples' throats including his sisters. He suffers from entitlement and he wants what he wants. He doesn't seem to care about his people or he's just a complete fool. He who looses touch with his subjects looses his job. He thinks it can't happen but it can - when the money flows away from Monaco all he will have is a title and you can't eat that.

Interesting because ever since she arrived there she has not been training all the time. She has been in MC for more than a year now ( I think).

In one of those swim meets (a really small one), she herself said that she'd only been training for about 90 days.

And this was just a month or two ago that she herself said it.

Last edited:
Well the way I read the paper today they were somewhat insuating that she wasn't really their for training her swimming...

"Certainly to kiss stolen,
Miss Charlene prepares. But it is also noted that the couple reappears in all places where the small local jet set waits. Paparazzi seize even a kiss in the princely cabin at the time of the last match of Monaco-Marseilles football."
where is this photo???? I can't see the same thing !!! I saw just Albert leaned towards Charlene, but kiss not, not!!! is necessary to have a great imagination!!!
This photo???? http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x216/lckc571_album/is_14141074.jpg
ehhh no he didn't kiss her andunless having lips which lengthen at least 80 cm
lckc571

Last edited:
Interesting because ever since she arrived there she has not been training all the time. She has been in MC for more than a year now ( I think).

In a recent swim meet (a really small one), she herself said that she'd only been training for about only 90 days.

And this was just a month or two ago that she herself said it.
So I'm not the only one wondering about that? At least last year we saw "paparazzi" photos of CW swimming. All we get this year is CW doing the social circuit and eating and no paparazzi photos. :confused: :ermm:
Her training must take place at some extremely secret location. I can't wait until the All African Games. To see if she really shows and to see what results she gets... :bounce:

Well the way I read the paper today they were somewhat insuating that she wasn't really their for training her swimming...

Here are the link to something that was posted in these threads before, it's right there where she says she had not been training much for the small swim meet you have to scroll down to post #180 for the "articles".

Back in April at the meet she said that she had been in training only 3 months, but the whole time she has been in MC the media there has claimed that she was doing it for longer.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/charlene-wittstocks-fashion-style-12825-9.html

She will probably aim to make th SA Olympic team, actually- somehow she managed to get her name on the SA 2007/2008 National team roster. (they may not require much but who knows:flowers:).

Someone said that the only thing needed is to meet the bare minimum qualifying times and if she can do it in the absolute minimum number of qualifying meets then she may swim for SA in Beijing.

So, she may actually get there as a participant that way - and still hang out in Albert's VIP suite.

If she doesn't make it (by way of the old 'plagued-by-longtime-shoulder-injuries' story aka 'the graceful exit'), she can go as Albert's guest in Beijing anyway - she can have her cake and eat it too. :princess:

It will be interesting to see this unfold.

(this is totally my own opinion only)

Last edited:
Ghislaine, i don't think we are going to see her swim any time soon. We've seen the doctor pics so obviously she won't be participating in any of those competitions she has said that she will be attending. They have long prepared this excuse of her fatal injury that terminates her glorious career. No one apart from Albert thinks that people will buy this story. People know why she is here and they are not happy about it.

yes, and I think PA probably invited her to move to MC under the cover of 'training', and he can sleep around with her, take her a few places (she likes the media attention) and also to try to put her as some kind of sports attraction since she participated in The Games 7 years ago. That is her 'deal'. She went for it big time (and why not?) because she probably would not get a better deal elsewhere. I agree with the paper, CW probably going to be staying in MC for a long time.

Why leave a good thing - if she's going to have a casual relationship with a man almost 50 who is not going to marry her, then he may as well be a billionaire prince, right? I would not leave that! It's a fantastic arrangement! If she behaves herself, she could gain some work in PA cabinet as the Official Minister of Swimming Pool Development & Water Activity. LOL:ROFLMAO:.

Then she's be legit on the payroll and buy her own posh apartments to live. We should all have life so good! That's a great deal if you can get it, I think! (honestly, I think it's fantastic).

No intention of marriage there, imo.

Since he likes young women (diaphanous blondes, I read somewhere that is his type) like her and sports, why not combine all the things he likes to do into one package. He'd be the guy who could do that, right?:lol:

So everybody's happy that way:flowers:

JMO

Last edited:
Ghislaine, i don't think we are going to see her swim any time soon. We've seen the doctor pics so obviously she won't be participating in any of those competitions she has said that she will be attending. They have long prepared this excuse of her fatal injury that terminates her glorious career. No one apart from Albert thinks that people will buy this story. People know why she is here and they are not happy about it.
No they are not happy... but they can't say anything with a loud voice in Monaco... around Monaco some of them are speaking......; Paca what do you think about that : Charlene is supposed to be in Algeria (African Games) 24. 25, 26, 27 july... and Red Cross Ball is on the 27th july...she will pehaps go to the physiotherapist !!!! (by the way I'm OK about your opinino with posed pics..)

Well, when I was saying that I was not sure about blabs on Monaco Matin supposed to be a way toward an anoucement... I was right... Paco you've got it!!! thanks!!

im sooooo confused-what is she-his girlfriend or is he testing out the waters?
has she been seen with princess caroline & family and princess stephanie and family?
or is she his "special friend"? if so, is it common to bring women like her out in the open?

im sooooo confused-what is she-his girlfriend or is he testing out the waters?
has she been seen with princess caroline & family and princess stephanie and family?
or is she his "special friend"? if so, is it common to bring women like her out in the open?
That is the one billion dollar question. Nobody knows but everyone speculates. Especially the tabloids.

I'm confused.

I know I've said my piece more than once:kitty: when it comes to CW, but are so many people in MC paying that much attention to her that it is so upsetting?

Is that why she is not in pictures anymore?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused.

I know I've sharpened my little claws on these threads more than once:kitty: when it comes to CW, but are so many people in MC paying that much attention to her that it is so upsetting?

That's a good question. First he parades her out there, then he doesn't. Paca and many have had a chance recently to see her up close and to observe her and the feed back was not positive from those who did. But as mods pointed out that isn't the whole of Monaco who may or may not like her - having said that, it is very confusing as to why you see her and then you don't or why she wouldn't attend a mass with her boyfriend but only the party. Then you have her parading with him at the opening and closing of the Small States but she isn't sitting with Albert when he entertains other royals in his box. So one is left to wonder.

I can understand that if Rainier's statement that gossip was invented in Monaco that paca and others who live in Monaco or near there would be hearing the whispers of those who have seen her around. Having seen many many of paca posts I find her to be more than fair in her reports in what she sees and hears so if the whispering has started. it must be collecting more and more like a snow ball and it appears to be gaining speed as Albert takes her out more.

I'm confused.

I know I've said my piece more than once:kitty: when it comes to CW, but are so many people in MC paying that much attention to her that it is so upsetting?

You aren't confused but back in the Hippodrome.The Blue and Green factions do the strangest things because they are after all the plebeians remember.?
It has nothing to do with the melodramatic sentiment of upset but that of what those in the Hippodrome who want their sentiments to be reflected correctly will do and can do.
welcome ........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom