Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much, Lady MacAlpine. I too am a supporter of PA's efforts through his foundation. I've enquired about a foundation presence in my country and the notion was met warmly. It would be a great alliance. Canada in spite of its overwhelming resources is not managed well and the foundation's ability to focus on specific issues would help environmentalists here greatly. I think PA is well poised diplomatically on the global stage to further the message Al Gore has run with, and will be capable of setting a great example to other countries.

It's all yours! (where are the emoticons in the quick replies..hmm)

Cupidity has a more rounded meaning in French, but is not quite guile. I looked it up after you called me on it, and it referenced greed - slip of the tongue? And don't get me started about the ex-Beatle!!! That man became a martyr by association to his wife who was just as maligned in the beginning. HM was already involved in charitable works, and he just rode on that during a slump and has dragged her deeper than in anything she's ever had to climb out of. That Sir is no gentleman. I'm not a particular fan of either, but you have to empathize when you see someone backed into a corner. But I hear she wants more $$$ now, so maybe they deserve each other... Somehow he looked happier with her. I hope this won't be a parallel scenario for PA.

Thanks! Maybe, I should recheck the meaning of the word in English, before I start throwing it around! I think I might disagree of with your high opinion of HM. I'm well aware of her and her charity work before PM? I think he was only let off the hook because of his long marriage to Linda? Just the same no excuse for HMs behavior even before the marriage ever took place? You can't say everyone didn't see that coming, just as he should have? I've not heard any horrible behavior in PM's past, but maybe I'm not privy? But I have seen HM's antics many times over, nothing but? She hasn't done herself any favors?

Anyway with that said, yes, I do think people fear the same with PA? I have to say I'm a sucker for an underdog too, but perhaps not to the degree PA might be, maybe even to his detriment and that is where all the fear comes from? He has the reputation for being too nice, other than being taken advantage of it's hard to believe that could be a defect of any kind. I don't know though, I hear Pisces are moody?:D I read one horoscope that said their other weakness was keeping bad company? :D I can't say this is true with those I know, but it does make one wonder?:flowers:

How many boys do you know who REALLY know what they are doing ... emotionally .. and least of all WANT to take full responsibility when things do not go very well? I am thinking he is just as sweet and childlike as most men despite his global upbringing, education and position in life. After all, two women have already proven this correct. What's a third? :flowers:

Born free | The Spectator

Has Charlene REALLY helped PA set up this foundation?
Has she really helped him with anything?

Liz Smith: Children hear a 'Who,' but teens and young adults hear it too -- Social Issues, New York, Academy Awards -- baltimoresun.com

I don't think she really resembles his mother at all except for her colouring. Is that the resemblance
he was talking about? I think he is deeper and is looking for more of her qualities than simply her looks.
This way it keeps us all guessing?
It's like saying "all people with the same colouring resemble one another"?

Let's see if she shows up tomorrow night?

Last edited:
You have a good point!:D Or two!

Will if they credit Charlene with having organized the Rose Ball, she should make an appearance? :DMaybe they won't have her there so she can't take the credit? Of course that didn't stop her from organizing the birthday gathering where no one seemed to find her?:rolleyes:

I think this too, any blond that throws her hair up on her head, they say she looks like Grace Kelly. Especially if they are standing next to her son? I wonder if any of these women were considered Grace Kelly look-a-likes before they dated Albert. Probably a third of the population is blond, maybe more, and we all throw our hair on top of our head because we are sometimes too lazy to mess with it. Mind you, I wouldn't do it myself if I were going to an event.:flowers:

Last edited:
Liz Smith: Children hear a 'Who,' but teens and young adults hear it too -- Social Issues, New York, Academy Awards -- baltimoresun.com

I don't think she really resembles his mother at all except for her colouring. Is that the resemblance
he was talking about? I think he is deeper and is looking for more of her qualities than simply her looks.
This way it keeps us all guessing?
It's like saying "all people with the same colouring resemble one another"?

Let's see if she shows up tomorrow night?
Another article written after the denial.

I'm sure when Albert said resemble his mother it had nothing to do with looks but qualities. I back this with the different types of woman he's dated none even Charlene has resembled Grace. Charlene is a bleached blonde if you go back and look at old photo's of her hair color.

Albert may have been purposefully clouding the issue of him settling down by throwing this impossible standard up to see who would dare compare anyone to his mother, playing the archetype to his advantage.
On the other hand, her hair does not look healthy from the exercise.

You apparently didn't get my sense of humor the way you responded and came across to me as angry for repeating his own words of an "old so in so." In fact your whole response seemed like you were angry. A dried up old prune is an expression used in the States for an older person and a prune is an older fruit of the plum which is solid and juicy like a younger person. We also have the term an old raisin to describe an older person as well.

Sorry to break in here with all of the exciting criss cross conversation going on and the "new" people. I would PM you on this but there is so much being said and, so many assumptions and opinions flying here. Some I need to call some persons on.

I do indeed understand the plum/prune/raisin thing. I was referring to a Prince saying such a thing and that it is usually an old man's hostile and uncomplimentary comment. I meant that the prince was apparently strangely angry not Ladymac's anger.

I think its taking an extreme leap to say this is the prince's first grown up relationship. If its implied that he had none before the father died--would be saying he was a lone babe in the woods, hanging loose and flying in the wind--even at 47. (Sometimes it seemed that way)

So no, lets slow down here. We're,imo, making too much of this intense inquiry and suspense over his present relationship. The Prince has been a grown up for a very long time. And has assumed a grownup's role for many of his affairs. But, please, he has his own personality, has led his own cavalier life style and has been conscious of it. As he is now. You people who are so perturbed need to accept that.

Hi Olga! I don't know if you're in my part of the country but the sun is finally out. I'm "new" and am enjoying the company I find here. While we didn't mean to criss-cross, and NB to Sandsla: let's look up "perturbed" next, but it seems evident the confusion here lies in the delivery and less the message. It is quite clear what is thought of PA, but should we not be bringing it back to the relationship? Personally, I could skip it and keep PA all to myself but I'm trying to grasp the attraction between them. Someone made an interesting point that while CW seemed to offend may people, no one is able to pinpoint what bothers them about her since aside from her verbosity in the papers, her conduct doesn't really warrant reproach. She makes no overt moves or one statement one way or another. Food for thought.. is she the antipode to the statement PA is trying to make as a worthy ruler?

Hi Olga! I don't know if you're in my part of the country but the sun is finally out. I'm "new" and am enjoying the company I find here. While we didn't mean to criss-cross, and NB to Sandsla: let's look up "perturbed" next, but it seems evident the confusion here lies in the delivery and less the message. It is quite clear what is thought of PA, but should we not be bringing it back to the relationship? Personally, I could skip it and keep PA all to myself but I'm trying to grasp the attraction between them. Someone made an interesting point that while CW seemed to offend may people, no one is able to pinpoint what bothers them about her since aside from her verbosity in the papers, her conduct doesn't really warrant reproach. She makes no overt moves or one statement one way or another. Food for thought.. is she the antipode to the statement PA is trying to make as a worthy ruler?

I did pin point what bothers me. The lack of humility in her comments. The false claims of trying for the Olympics and training when she was not and blaming it on an injury after the fact, the constant leaks to the press. I could keep going but then we've repeated this stuff far too many times. The lack of authenticity between them in the end is the biggest indicator for me. Last but not least her undiplomatic comment at the rugby game shows she has learned nothing in the time she has spent attending events with Albert. Verbosity is in fact an indication of conduct and therefore does warrent a reproach - the motive behind the the words speaks volumes and therefore reveals her thus making her conduct unbecoming.

Last edited:
Devil's advocate

I did pin point what bothers me. The lack of humility in her comments. The false claims of trying for the Olympics and training when she was not and blaming it on an injury after the fact, the constant leaks to the press. I could keep going but then we've repeated this stuff far too many times. The lack of authenticity between them in the end is the biggest indicator for me. Last but not least her undiplomatic comment at the rugby game shows she has learned nothing in the time she has spent attending events with Albert. Verbosity is in fact an indication of conduct and therefore does warrent a reproach - the motive behind the the words speaks volumes and therefore reveals her thus making her conduct unbecoming.

Unbecoming for a versed courtier but maybe a very clumsy defense mechanism for a country bumpkin that compels her to not be truthful. Of course, it's a major flaw and you'd be right in saying she's learned nothing from her time with Albert on this. Again, I don't think he's entirely innocent to her affronts especially via the media. I understand you've all covered this. Thanks for bearing with me, and maybe I'll just observe instead where the conversation is going. Then again, maybe not ;)

Unbecoming for a versed courtier but maybe a very clumsy defense mechanism for a country bumpkin that compels her to not be truthful. Of course, it's a major flaw and you'd be right in saying she's learned nothing from her time with Albert on this. Again, I don't think he's entirely innocent to her affronts especially via the media. I understand you've all covered this. Thanks for bearing with me, and maybe I'll just observe instead where the conversation is going. Then again, maybe not ;)

On some of the older threads from a couple years ago you can rummage through and get a feel of various opinions. Some find nothing wrong with Charlene. My problems with her were the result of her constant "conversations" with journalists and then all the cover ups. Albert is not innocent by any means he could have said he didn't want her talking with the press or her family speaking with them as he viewed their affair as a private matter. Then all we would truly have to go on is what she wore to the balls and that is not enough to "convict" someone of anything.

Censure

I know on French TV, they've joked about the censure of private matters relating to PA. There is actually a very funny video about a comedian who comes on to "On a tout essayé" and without understanding the language you get the gist of it from the first few seconds. She is there to dispel negative rumours, advocates her friendship to the prince, and then mum.. Afterwards, it's all sorts of oblique references and leaps.

Here is the link: YouTube - [Florence Foresti]AS de la Coquillette Amie du prince Albert

In PA's case, he is not firm enough with CW obviously.

My apologies, the link provided the whole video. I'll gladly delete it if it's judged inappropriate.

Time to close this thread.
The new one can be found here.
Enjoy and happy posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom