Albert and Charlene's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paca, when speaking about razzis I was thinking about some 007 provence A CAzur razzi!
here's point de vue blab about Caroline and Charlene "friends" in Salzburg..:ROFLMAO:
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/lilaeelis/PointdeVueSalzburg0807.gif
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/lilaeelis/CWSalzburg0807PontdeVue.gif

Hi lilae,

the print is too small for me to ready, but does the article basically say how Caroline and Charlene and friends had a lovely time together? about how she is groomed to be part of Caroline's cultured friends? Thanks.

The title is saying that Charlene is going to Caroline's school, apparently to learn how to be a princess. Charlene has got the best teacher in Europe.

Hi lilae,
the print is too small for me to ready, but does the article basically say how Caroline and Charlene and friends had a lovely time together? about how she is groomed to be part of Caroline's cultured friends? Thanks.
Sorry, not at home when I got Point de vue scan and can't scan again.
here's is piece of article and my translation, sorry if mistakes.
Point de Vue: Mathias Clery wrote:
"Caroline chaperonnait Charlene en ce dimanche 12/08.... C'est d'ailleurs à l'invitation de la soeur ainée du prince que la jeune femme a fait le voyage en Autriche....Caroline, Charlene avec la complicité d'Ersnt August se sont beaucoup rapprochées l'une de l'autre lors du dernier Gala de la Croix Rouge.... Charlène s'est glissée un instant dans ses habits de "première dame" présomptive.. Le Rocher ne cese ,en effet ,de bruire de rumeurs de mariage de plus en plus insistantes. Epilogue à la rentrée de ce feuilleton de l'été."
Caroline was chaperoning Charlene on Sunday 12th….Charlene who was besides Caroline guest went in Austria….Caroline, Charlene with Ernst August complicity became closer during last Red Cross Ball…. Charlene slipped one moment into her presumptive "first lady" clothes. The Rock is more and more buzzy with increasingly insistent marriage rumours. Summer serial epilogue coming soon after next term.
:bang:They became closer!!!! so they were not before ball...when seeing pics I'm not sure they are friends.... (bold) it's my :eek:

Last edited:
In a recent interview Albert told Hola Magazine That He hadn´t plans to get married in a short time.

In a recent interview Albert told Hola Magazine That He hadn´t plans to get married in a short time.
Considering what we saw yesterday, I am the last person to doubt his words.;)

Considering what we saw yesterday, I am the last person to doubt his words.;)

Albert has been saying the same thing ad nauseum for a while now regardless whom he is dating. I get the opinion that he loses interest once he knows he has the girl...and he likes spending time in large groups where Charlene wants to be more in a 1:1 situation with him and the center of his attention. I dunno...maybe she disappears for a while...

In my opinion, the answer to ola! magazine is a polite way to say "mind your own business":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is the plot thickening? Could Charlene be mad that he went on vacation and left her behind? None of us knows what happens behind their closed doors, but I was optimistic about Prince Albert finally settling down. Only time will tell. They have seemed happy in recent photos and I don't notice anything peculiar in these recent ones at the volunteer's party, but some observers do seem to think that the lovebirds seem distant from each other. I still insist that the age difference is too big between them and he is set in his bachelor ways. I have seen him look at her with puppy eyes because let's face it, she is very pretty and young and he is getting older and plump. If I were her, I wouldn't be happy with a man who cannot commit and has no plans to marry me. She may not have much going for her now, but she could find her way in life without him. I hope this is not a relationship based on money, status and need. I do hope for their own sake that their is love and that they will finally commit to each other soon.

In my opinion, the answer to ola! magazine is a polite way to say "mind your own business":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree and I don't blame him one bit. Do they really think that HSH would announce his intentions in "Hola!" without first announcing it to his subjects??!

When and if PA and CW are ready to make any announcement it will come from the Palais Princier to Prince Albert's subjects. Until then the tabloids should buzz off because they are wasting their time by continuing to ask the man about his private life, which he obviously hates to discuss.

JMHO.

Is the plot thickening? Could Charlene be mad that he went on vacation and left her behind? None of us knows what happens behind their closed doors, but I was optimistic about Prince Albert finally settling down. Only time will tell. They have seemed happy in recent photos and I don't notice anything peculiar in these recent ones at the volunteer's party, but some observers do seem to think that the lovebirds seem distant from each other. I still insist that the age difference is too big between them and he is set in his bachelor ways. I have seen him look at her with puppy eyes because let's face it, she is very pretty and young and he is getting older and plump. If I were her, I wouldn't be happy with a man who cannot commit and has no plans to marry me. She may not have much going for her now, but she could find her way in life without him. I hope this is not a relationship based on money, status and need. I do hope for their own sake that their is love and that they will finally commit to each other soon.

I just think it's unwise to try to gauge the status of their relationship by one event, or one set of photos. Maybe she was tired, or unwell. It DOES happen. Or maybe someone else who was at the same event came away with a different impression entirely?

In most of the photos I have seen of them together, they seem very close indeed. They are holding hands. They are laughing together at some private joke. Albert is kissing her hand. She has her hand in his lap.

If they were all over one another in public it would be undignified, and let's be honest some of the people on these forums would have a field day with criticism. I don't like it when ANY couple behaves like that, Royal or not. It just seems show-offy and vulgar.

Maybe we should wait and see how things develop in the future without automatically assuming that they have tired of one another based on one public appearance.

Albert has been saying the same thing ad nauseum for a while now regardless whom he is dating. I get the opinion that he loses interest once he knows he has the girl...and he likes spending time in large groups where Charlene wants to be more in a 1:1 situation with him and the center of his attention. I dunno...maybe she disappears for a while...

There there does seem to be a pattern to his relationships. This seems to be running in that pattern as well. I think we will know more by January.

Vocabulary improvement

I agree and I don't blame him one bit. Do they really think that HSH would announce his intentions in "Hola!" without first announcing it to his subjects??!

When and if PA and CW are ready to make any announcement it will come from the Palais Princier to Prince Albert's subjects. Until then the tabloids should buzz off because they are wasting their time by continuing to ask the man about his private life, which he obviously hates to discuss.

JMHO.
Do you honestly think the Prince of Monaco is going to ask anyone to "buzz off"?[in slang]
He is a high ranking man in the world hence the speculation and Hola's interest. Should he wish for the privacy you describe here he should abdicate and become a consultant who commutes from the suburbs.This is one of the occupational hazards of the being who Pa is as Head Of State.Whoever gets the scoop on an impending marriage should there be one cannot be regulated by you or I.. or anyone ..not on the information highway we have.

Last edited:
I just think it's unwise to try to gauge the status of their relationship by one event, or one set of photos. Maybe she was tired, or unwell. It DOES happen. Or maybe someone else who was at the same event came away with a different impression entirely?

In most of the photos I have seen of them together, they seem very close indeed. They are holding hands. They are laughing together at some private joke. Albert is kissing her hand. She has her hand in his lap.

If they were all over one another in public it would be undignified, and let's be honest some of the people on these forums would have a field day with criticism. I don't like it when ANY couple behaves like that, Royal or not. It just seems show-offy and vulgar.

Maybe we should wait and see how things develop in the future without automatically assuming that they have tired of one another based on one public appearance.
I agree it would be exhibitionsim... to say the least......[show-offy?]
And in waiting to see how things evolve I am also waiting for the Second Coming of the Lord.

Last edited:
Do you honestly think the Prince of Monaco is going to ask anyone to "buzz off"?[in slang]
He is a high ranking man in the world hence the speculation and Hola's interest. Should he wish for the privacy you describe here he should abdicate and become a consultant who commutes from the suburbs.This is one of the occupational hazards of the being who Pa is as Head Of State.Whoever gets the scoop on an impending marriage should there be one cannot be regulated by you or I.. or anyone ..not on the information highway we have.

Could you please do me the courtesy of reading my posts carefully before responding? I did not say that the Prince himself would tell anyone to BUZZ OFF, even though it is not outside the realm of possibility given the fact that he has flipped an obscene gesture at the press on at least one occasion.

I simply maintain that he would not give HOLA! such a scoop. It would and should be announced from the Palace. If you disagree with that, it is certainly your right.

I disagree that he should abdicate if he wishes to have privacy. Even public figures have the right to expect a certain amount of respect in regards to their private lives. Whether or not they receive it is another matter.

Paca posted about bad mood and tense. Even if "bad mood and tense" she could make an effort in respect of volunteers who worked during LSGs... She has nothing else to do, if she stays here, (OK supposed training, I lost my pink glasses). I think that other guys noticed her back turned and bad mood..

Last edited:
Another guy who was at volunteers event told the same story as paca did about bad mood and tense. Even if "bad mood and tense" she could make an effort in respect of volunteers who worked during LSGs... She has nothing else to do, if she stays here, (OK supposed training, I lost my pink glasses).

Well, I may be attired in my signature shade today but I am not wearing rose colored glasses...:flowers:

IMO, if you are wanting the job of Princess and you are at an official event, regardless of how tired, bored, irritated, you may be, you smile and pretend that you are having the time of your life particularly if you are honoring the time and commitment so many people made to make a huge event a success.

Could you please do me the courtesy of reading my posts carefully before responding? I did not say that the Prince himself would tell anyone to BUZZ OFF, even though it is not outside the realm of possibility given the fact that he has flipped an obscene gesture at the press on at least one occasion.

I simply maintain that he would not give HOLA! such a scoop. It would and should be announced from the Palace. If you disagree with that, it is certainly your right.

I disagree that he should abdicate if he wishes to have privacy. Even public figures have the right to expect a certain amount of respect in regards to their private lives. Whether or not they receive it is another matter.

Actually, the only thing the palace will announce about his private life is an engagement or a death in the family otherwise they never comment directly. You are misguided on that. The scoops can come from any number of sources and are usually paid for their information - accuracy doesn't matter and in fact most of the time they'll just add a little creative writing to the piece if need be.

As a public figure you essentially have little or no private life. It comes with the job description as anyone who has held a public position will tell you. You don't even have to be a head of state to get the choice end of gossip. It's just the way things are in the public eye. There is an expression that goes "If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen" and this is what I think Jaya was saying. If he wants his privacy leave the office or stay home within the confines of his estates or the palace. Once you leave the walls of your private domain you are in the public eye like it or not and it's always been that way only with the internet news travels farther and wider, faster.

Actually, the only thing the palace will announce about his private life is an engagement or a death in the family otherwise they never comment directly. You are misguided on that. The scoops can come from any number of sources and are usually paid for their information - accuracy doesn't matter and in fact most of the time they'll just add a little creative writing to the piece if need be.

As a public figure you essentially have little or no private life. It comes with the job description as anyone who has held a public position will tell you. You don't even have to be a head of state to get the choice end of gossip. It's just the way things are in the public eye. There is an expression that goes "If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen" and this is what I think Jaya was saying. If he wants his privacy leave the office or stay home within the confines of his estates or the palace. Once you leave the walls of your private domain you are in the public eye like it or not and it's always been that way only with the internet news travels farther and wider, faster.

I think I posted THAT AN ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT WOULD COME FROM THE PALACE. That is what I meant by "scoop"... I was referring to the man's engagement announcement!

I am not neither "misguided" nor difficult to understand. Except here, perhaps.

Last edited:
I think I posted THAT AN ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT WOULD COME FROM THE PALACE. That is what I meant by "scoop"... I was referring to the man's engagement announcement!

Well a scoop and an announcement are not the same but at least I know what you meant. But if anyone of the tabloids were to get an advanced tip it would probably be Bunte since they seem to be the ones Charlene gives interviews with. But I think we are a long way off from an announcement anyway.

A 'scoop' cannot come from the palace directly . To be a "scoop' it is precipitated news from another source that leaks out before the official announcement.
The announcement would be 'official' by having the purple seal of a royal betrothal and have nothing to do with "scoops".

merged posts

A 'scoop' cannot come from the palace directly . To be a "scoop' it is precipitated news from another source that leaks out before the official announcement.
The announcement would be 'official' by having the purple seal of a royal betrothal and have nothing to do with "scoops".

I give up....I simply GIVE UP.

Well a scoop and an announcement are not the same but at least I know what you meant. But if anyone of the tabloids were to get an advanced tip it would probably be Bunte since they seem to be the ones Charlene gives interviews with. But I think we are a long way off from an announcement anyway.

I agree with you that we are a long way from any type of engagement announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I hope soon we heard engagement.
if the seating order is any indication, then I would think not. In no event that we have seen lately, she was seated in a way that would indicate that she has moved up. During red Cross she was even moved down at the table and only family was surrounding the prince thus occupying the most important seats. That was a demonstration of family strength against opponents. But it also showed that they were insecure. A secure sovereign can afford to honour people by having them seated next to him and important family members. If you are smart you use this tradition in your favour and win people on your side. And he would make space at his table by not having employees seated there. I have seen this for some time now. It wasn't like that I think while Rainier was still active. His chief of protocol ought to be seated on the adjoining table within his reach and not at the other end. he is not a guest, he is an employee. I think the way this is handled in Monaco is not very smart and it chose that the family at present feels insecure and under attack, which is why they flock together. Instead they would need to reach out to those who are their critics. I would have my fiercest opponent placed right next to me and keep chatting him up. Guess what impression his allies will get? And neither politeness nor fear would allow him to be anything but pleasant. And if Charlene would have any importance, she would have been seated more strategically and the seats to her side would have been considered the 2 next important seats. Instead she was seated next to a young man who was closer to her age then most people around her.

merged posts

This week's YOU Magazine has an article about Charlene and Albert.
YOU - Homepage

In short they are commenting about her re-appearance in Monaco and that she was away training and that was why she wasn't around.

The various events she has attended, football match, fashion show etc.

That Virginia Gallico - Caroline's former lady-in-waiting has been commissioned to tutor Charlene in palace protocol.

And also that she has been to Roc Agel and met Princess Stephanie and that apparently none of his other girlfriends have ever been invited there.

The last part is about her training schedule and where she will be competing next and that after the Olympics she will be retiring from swimming.

(Moderators: if I have incorrectly posted please remove the post - Thank You)

If this is true, then it looks like she's being groomed for the role. It's not what I would have hoped for from Monaco. So much potential lost... :ermm:

I give up....I simply GIVE UP.

I agree with you that we are a long way from any type of engagement announcement.

Heavens, I do hope so!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont belive that magazine,if she was training to become a princess the media will be all over her every move like they do to kate middleton.

Sorry, that magazine is not true if Caroline was training Charlene to become princess the magazine didn't see the picture in Salzburg. And when did she go back to South Africa to train. If she was there we would saw pictures of her swimming.

if the seating order is any indication, then I would think not. In no event that we have seen lately, she was seated in a way that would indicate that she has moved up. During red Cross she was even moved down at the table and only family was surrounding the prince thus occupying the most important seats. That was a demonstration of family strength against opponents. But it also showed that they were insecure. A secure sovereign can afford to honour people by having them seated next to him and important family members. If you are smart you use this tradition in your favour and win people on your side. And he would make space at his table by not having employees seated there. I have seen this for some time now. It wasn't like that I think while Rainier was still active. His chief of protocol ought to be seated on the adjoining table within his reach and not at the other end. he is not a guest, he is an employee. I think the way this is handled in Monaco is not very smart and it chose that the family at present feels insecure and under attack, which is why they flock together. Instead they would need to reach out to those who are their critics. I would have my fiercest opponent placed right next to me and keep chatting him up. Guess what impression his allies will get? And neither politeness nor fear would allow him to be anything but pleasant. And if Charlene would have any importance, she would have been seated more strategically and the seats to her side would have been considered the 2 next important seats. Instead she was seated next to a young man who was closer to her age then most people around her.

:angel: Excellent observation! :angel:

I believe Charlene is on her way out..... :flowers:

Isn't that Albert's way, to gradually ease the girlfriend out without confrontation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom