A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tropicisland

Commoner
Country
Jamaica
What do you think the next crown princess of Monaco will be like Diana (famewise not necessarily the identical issue), I think she will be subject to greater scrutiny, more intense paparazzi chase due the lack of a beatiful-international-romantic figure at the present moment, so what do you think? ;)

Hi Tropicisland;

I know what you mean. It's an interesting question.

With the new breed of common brides for our CP's worldwide, there is an extreme lack of....how to put this tactfully....regal behaviour? Many of the brides of the last decade have been commoners, which is fine in itself provided you don't dig too far into their history. Drinking, drugs, mafia connections, pregnancy while single. It's getting a little too common, at least in my opinion.

My wish for Albert would be that he find someone royal and suitable, to himself and to Monaco. He has a few nice prospects if he were to take a serious look, including Princess Diane of Orleans - a spirited, fiesty woman, educated, easy on the eyes, and undoubtedly someone who would be able to set the bar for the others to meet.
A friend mentioned her to me a while back, and after doing some reading, I think she would be a wonderful choice. But, only Albert knows what he wants to do with this part of his life.

Does anyone know of, or has anyone seen, any of the new brides doing anything in the way of serious charity work? I'm speaking of the kind of thing that Diana was known for - supporting people, making appearances and motivating people? Helping to raise awareness?

I havent' really seen much activity from these women at all. Are they doing anything constructive with their time?

Bunky

Bunky, I completely agree with you. The mystique that is/was royalty is being quickly lost in my eyes. The challenge of modern monarchy has been to be seen to be modern but I really feel that they have gone too far. Very few of the new CPs are women I would want to be ruled by or whom I would admire or hold in esteem in anyway. Ulltimately that will eat at the legitimacy of the regimes.

I think the world needs another Grace not a new Diana. Grace always delt with her numerous personal and marital problems with dignity and, most importantly, with discreetly (sp).

Grace helped keep the mystic alive by leaving some things private Diana wanted everything public. Mystic...Mystic.......Mystic...this is necessary for royalty.

I don't mean to seem harsh or disrespectful I just simply think Grace was a true Princess if ever there was one. While I loved Diana I think she made many horrible lapses in judgement.

On a slightly off topic point - everyone says Diana was a commoner who married royalty....which is kinda accurate but neither The Lady Diana Spencer nor The Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon or even The Lady Alice Montague-Douglas-Scott were "ordinary commoners." They had titles, wealth, and much privledge. The Duchess of Kent was the first real commoner to marry into the British RF. Sarah Ferguson was the first commoner to marry a senior royal.

Moi, thinks if Albert marries his wife will be a media target on the same level as his mother, Diana and Rania.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Apr 13th, 2004 - 2:24 pm
I think the world needs another Grace not a new Diana. Grace always delt with her numerous personal and marital problems with dignity and, most importantly, with discreetly (sp).

Grace helped keep the mystic alive by leaving some things private Diana wanted everything public. Mystic...Mystic.......Mystic...this is necessary for royalty.

I don't mean to seem harsh or disrespectful I just simply think Grace was a true Princess if ever there was one. While I loved Diana I think she made many horrible lapses in judgement.

On a slightly off topic point - everyone says Diana was a commoner who married royalty....which is kinda accurate but neither The Lady Diana Spencer nor The Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon or even The Lady Alice Montague-Douglas-Scott were "ordinary commoners." They had titles, wealth, and much privledge. The Duchess of Kent was the first real commoner to marry into the British RF. Sarah Ferguson was the first commoner to marry a senior royal.

Moi, thinks if Albert marries his wife will be a media target on the same level as his mother, Diana and Rania.
I couldn't agree more!
Despite the fact that Grace had a "past" (mind you who wouldn't have wanted to sleep with Clark Gable :blush: ) once she married she was all class.

Even while she was an actress she was discreet about all her romances. She had such class and elegance. I know why Diana was so impressed by her but they were miles apart in life.

Originally posted by wymanda@Apr 13th, 2004 - 3:04 am
Despite the fact that Grace had a "past" (mind you who wouldn't have wanted to sleep with Clark Gable :blush: ) once she married she was all class.
Grace was all class even before she became Princess of Monaco, IMO. It really wasn't until after her death that the public really began to know of Grace's relationships before Rainier. She had very intense relationships with some of the most high profile men of their time and it was all quite discreet. To keep such a thing to yourself and only have a select few know about it really requires a lot of intelligence and a great amount of discretion. She handled the situations in a very dignified manner and frankly that impresses me. So many people have romances and flings these days and everyone always knows about it. The amount of talk about someone's private life is what really can make it vulgar, IMO and Grace's was never like that .She didn't allow it to be. When her parents chose to name her Grace, they really got it right. She always handled herself with complete grace. A woman who definitely lived up to her namesake.

I have a hard time reconciling whether the "lady" should like being in the lime-light or a quietly confident retiring type of personality.

Originally posted by Independent woman@May 25th, 2004 - 11:17 am
What are yours criteria of Prince Albert future wife and future first lady of Monaco?
A very patient, compromising and understanding wife - as she would be sharing him with others ...

Nicole Kidman, well because she is smart, beautiful, elegant and won an oscar 2 years ago! ;)

An individual who's thoughtful and considerate. One who loves kids and the process of raising them. An person who's strong enough to hold an opinion (and a background to hold the opinion). A supportive individual to the Prince and one that garners the support of the Principality.

A woman of the world and the core of the family.

Originally posted by smdouglas@May 28th, 2004 - 11:36 pm
An individual who's thoughtful and considerate.  One who loves kids and the process of raising them.  An person who's strong enough to hold an opinion (and a background to hold the opinion).  A supportive individual to the Prince and one that garners the support of the Principality.

A woman of the world and the core of the family.
I agree with you. I would add that she should have education and experience as Prince Albert has. A woman that would become his partner and would able to share his responsibilities.

A supportive individual to the Prince and one that garners the support of the Principality.

I like that. ;)

The Princess Diane d'Orléans, Princess of France is a women for married to Prince Albert of Monaco.

now that some one has mentioned the existence of a French Princess do anyone know any good sites where i could possibly find out more on the French Royals???

And i like the idea of a French princess marrying Albert very much ^__^

prince albert's going to need a woman who can really weather the heat she'll have to take in mc... no matter how much class she has... no matter how attractive she is... no matter how much of anything she possesses... her no. 1 job will be keeping her sanity... cuz.. mc can be a très crazy place at times... she'll have to realy wear a lot of hats... wife/princess/gracious hostess/entertainer/coordinator/receiver of insults & gossip & bad press/etc.../etc.../etc... & not even mother theresa could have foot that bill... like prince albert really just needs to get a steady girl & hire a wife who's a martial arts pro to keep the sharks away!!!

totally... marianne...
criminal law next fall @ harvard...

A Wife for Albert Part II

What does Albert like? Blondes? Brunettes? Both?

I don't know .... I suppose he doesn't care, as long as they (he he) wash the dishes in the morning?? ;)

He's been romantically linked in the media with all types. :flower:

I agree, Alisa. I thought for a long time that he only liked blondes until I read several bios on the Grimaldis and there were a few dark-haired women who claimed to have been in serious relationships with Albert.

Originally posted by JackieP@Jun 5th, 2004 - 12:15 am
What does Albert like? Blondes? Brunettes? Both?
Albert may be photographed with a gorgeous, luscious blonde ... but Albert has not had a serious relationship with a woman since the mid-1980s with the American swimmer, Mary Wayte.

He is more likely a confirmed bachelor. Prince Rainier had the succession law changed for a reason. Prior to the change in the law, Caroline and Stephanie and their descendants would have lost their rights to the throne when Albert succeeded, although the old law allowed for the sovereign prince to adopt an heir. Under the new law, Caroline and Stephanie and their legitimate descendants remain in line to the throne. The sovereign will no longer need to adopt an heir.

Prince Albert is unlikely to marry.

May be Albert will surprise us one day.If I have learned anything in life is that we should not take anything for granted.So don´t give up your hopes yet!!!

The fact that he's not married yet at 46 seems to be pressure coming from royal watchers than anything else. Correct me please but I am not aware of any law that one should marry by a certain age or one should have a child by a certain age. Love, marriage, and family come at different times for different people. Besides, there are many who marry at an ideal age only to find themselves miserable in their marriages and eventually separate or divorce.

<Edited personal comments/Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
so .. we have the prince of Monoco and the Duke of York whom are single.. and J LO is now taken as of Saturday .. what say we open a forum and fix them up .. <Edited personal comments/Mandy>. and can he become King if he is not married? ??

I don't know about Albert. I really don't think we should write him off just yet. He's still searching...he just hasn't found "the one". I hope when does that he's blissfully happy.

Bunky

<Edited out comments about Duke and Duchess of York/Mandy>

hello all
i have another question. what do the royals do during the day, do they do some type of work?
sorry for the bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom