Which royal family has the best collection of jewels?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If a Grand Duchess of Russia maried a royal King or Prince they brought huge jewels.
This goes for Luxemborg's , greek's, Dutch's , Sweden's and more.
Queen Ingrid , the King of sweden 's only girl brought to Danemark her mother's jewelry (british) and her swedish.
Sorry that for belgian Royals , the jewelry of the past were sold or stolen.
Josephine Charlotte and Marie Jose's brought begian jewels in their country, lot of them were sold by her heirs but lucky the great people of a small country such as Luxemburg, obliged the Grand Duke to cancel the auction of his mother's jewels(most coming from belgium) in Paris. ( Sorry for my bad english!)

Stolen? Who did steal the Belgian Jewels?

Have you read the book about the Royal Jewels owned by the Belgian Royal Family ("Bijoux de reines et princesses de Belgique")? How about it?

Regards!

Yes, I have his book and I know Christophe Vachaudez. Do-you have his book ?
On page 68 he speaks about the jewelry of princess Stephanie stolen by the bolcheviques, and on page 78 about the stolen jewelry of the Countess de Flanders, Albert I 's mother. No-body knows what happened to Empress Charlotte last Empress of Mexico 's jewelry , sold , given , lost ??
This happened so many years ago... no-body knows yet..but alas and alack for the
nowadays Royal Ladies, Mathilde has only one , Astrid wears her stepmother's loan tiara and Claire has a very small one.

Present: Bitish (all family) and Swedish.
Dutch RF have big collection but not quite nice.

Pity that Habsburgs doesn't/can't show they collection.

I think the Dutch have the most impressive royal collection, and what I like best is that the royal ladies all use them, and we get to see them on a regular basis! Go Max, Bea & Lauren.......

Sweden has the best tiara collection, I only wish QS would allow Vic & Mad more use of the larger tiaras.

The British always impress me, but HM EII seems so stingy about letting others wear these breathtaking pieces of gem art.! At least Camilla is wearing things that havent seen the light of day in decades.....

the Hermitage Museum in Russia has the largest collection of paintings in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermitage_Museum]over 3 million), many of which are priceless. Combine this with the largest Diamond Fund in the world it would be hard to surpass. Not to mention the worlds largest collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts. All of these collections were previously owned by the Romanov's. Not to mention the fabergé eggs...

The Brits and Dutch have a nice collection but no one can top the Romanov jewels. Those were amazing.

The Danish and Swedish Crown jewels are the best,imo.

This is like picking our favorite child!!HMM lets see... The British are so great but they don't share. The Dutch are very nice and I think Maxima will keep us talking! Plus they share so we get to see more of them. I also really like the Grand Duchess of Luxemborg. They have some wonderful pieces and Marie Teresa mixes things up a bit also!!:D:D

I can't possibly decide but I can say without doubt that the Belgiums have a very limited collection--which saddens me because the Crown Princess Mathilde is so very lovely and gracious--she needs more real jewelry.

I love the pieces of the British-the seen and unseen. I know them well, their stories, their history, etc... so I have a special place for them. But, the Dutch have such and impressive collection that they all wear--I like that. Maxima always surprises me and it is enjoyable to see them wearing their pieces. The Swedes, well, Sylvia blows me away with her ability to wear those large, impressive stones--but I do think some of her tiaras are a little over the top--and Denmark has wonderful pieces as well. The Spanish can hold their own, but Letizia needs some more sparkle as well--and maybe a new sash brooch.

The British no doubt!The Belgians don't have a lot of interesting jewels.

GB is in a o
ther leage, netherlands , Luxemborg and then sweden

Great Britain if we're only including european royals. But if we're widening the scope I'd pick some of the Gulf State royals along with Malaysia, and I'd put Thailand as a close, if not equal, to Great Britain.

Last edited:
The British Royal Family,followed by the Dutch Royal Family.

...I'd pick some of the Gulf State royals along with Thailand, and I'd put Thailand as a close, if not equal, to Great Britain.
Maybe, but whatever the Ruling Families of the Gulf States may possess, it's likely their collections are "modern" and don't encompass either the stylistic range or extensive provenance of Queen Elizabeth's treasure trove.
As to Thailand, most of the private collection of the King is undocumented so we don't know what's in his vaults.

No mention of the Savoia.personally,I think they have very nice and classy pieces esp. the ones consisting of pearls.

I would have said England until this thread, now I'm going for the Dutch and Danes. Of course the Mid East royals trump everyone in everything.
As for Russia, I think they would have given the Mid-East a run for their money. It just breaks my heart that those FANTASTIC jewels no longer have a Romanov to wear them. Such circumstances are truly torture for gem lovers.

Last edited:
The French and Russian also.

As a girl I love jewelry and seeing the vast collection of royal jewels the BRF has I wish I had some of those pieces but since most are made of diamonds I imagine the tiaras especially must weigh quite a lot. Out of all royal jewels I seem to like the BRFs the most..hmmm but I wonder why?

i have been thinking of this it depends what you think is "best" i like swedens becouse they have several items, very special tiaras that we do not see in the other collections like the cameo and cut steel jewllery, i also like that they share a few of them then some are personal a good balance

but does Sweden has the best?

Netherlands has a lot, are they lacking anything?

I would say British and Sweden. Queen Silvia wears some absolutely gorgeous pieces.

My vote would go for the British and Swedish Royals.

My vote goes to Sweden, Britain and Nederland :flowers:

1º Netherlands
2º British
3º Sweden

Are we limited to royal families presently on the throne? When I was in Turkey, the royal jewels are now in the museum in Istanbul. I remember they had a little sign up that they were the most valuable royal jewels in the world. The emeralds had to be seen to be believed.

Adding to what people have already mentioned-UK,Sweden,Netherlands who have a lot of valuable+pretty jewellery,I would also like to include Monaco as they have only a few tiaras but those few are exceptionally beautiful.I am thinking of Carolines Cartier tiara,it is simply perfect and one of my favourite pieces.
Princess Grace had a few very stunning pieces of timeless beauty-even though the collection is not as big as the British one.Iran and the Russian imperial family had a collection that was truly breathtaking and very large as well...unfortunately many of the Romanov jewels were sold or disappeared after the revolution,but still there are many intact tiaras that are sometimes even seen on beautiful heads:)

Probably Iran, as we never get to see them so we don't know what's left.

Back
Top Bottom