Wedding Tiara of Princess Madeleine of Sweden

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What tiara will princess Madelaine of Sweden wear for her wedding ceremony

• 1) Cameo tiara

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • 2) Connaught tiara

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • 3) Baden Fringe Tiara

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 4) Modern Fringe tiara

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • 5) Six Button Tiara

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 6) Four button Tiara

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 7) Laurel Tiara

• 8) Other Tiara

• Total voters
I'm so glad that she's wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara, even though she's worn it lots of times - not because I think that the Cameo is reserved for Queens,but because it's the tiara that looks best on her (as I've mentioned before, it's only a very few people who manage to look good with the Cameo). She's absolutely stunning today.

I am pleased that she is wearing the tiara that she wants to wear, whatever makes her happy on her special day.

I admit that I'm guilty to disappointment. She wore her most often worn tiara and not even the historic veil. But if that was her personal choice, I'm ok with it.

Just as Victoria did, I'm sure Maddie would've rocked the Cameo, as well.

It's not my FAVORITE, but she would've handled it.

The Modern Fringe that she chose looked absolutely SPECTACULAR on her, however, and she looked like an angel in it!

Like MoonShadow, I'm glad she wore the tiara SHE wanted to, on HER wedding day!

Good choice!

Last edited:
Just as Victoria did, I'm sure Maddie would've rocked the Cameo, as well.

It's not my FAVORITE, but she would've handled it.

The Modern Fringe that she chose looked absolutely SPECTACULAR on her, however, and she looked like an angel in it!

Like MoonShadow, I'm glad she wore the tiara SHE wanted to, on HER wedding day!

Good choice!

Right, she really looked like an angel, whereas my first impression - when I saw her entering the church - I was a bit sad not seeing the Cameo. This one would have been a stunenr as well, I am sure

BYe Bine

Madeleine did the right thing, for not wearing the Cameo Tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she should have chosen something she usually can't wear.
But it's very beautiful tiara and looks very good on her.

All I can say is.....As the Haga Princesses were filing in, and then the rest of the Royal Family followed, I counted only one Button Tiara being used, along with the Connaught Tiara and the Baden Fringe, and after seeing Lillian's Laurel Wreath Tiara on Victoria, I started to get seriously worried Maddy was going to wear a Button Tiara on her wedding day. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'm really glad she didn't.

Last edited:
Now this is purely speculative, but I wonder if Madeleine has been given the modern fringe tiara from her parents as a gift for the wedding. It would make sense why she wore a tiara that she often wears (I figured that she would wear a tiara that she has never wore as it was a special occasion). And the modern fringe would be a prefect gift because it is privately owned by Silvia so it not part of the family foundation (and it isn't a historical piece that would be lost if it went to Madeleine and her future family) and it is can be worn as a necklace, which makes it more accessible for her to wear in New York and for her future non-royal children.

I thought the Modern Fringe looked great on her and I really liked how the little flowers covered the base of the tiara.

I admit that I'm guilty to disappointment. She wore her most often worn tiara and not even the historic veil. But if that was her personal choice, I'm ok with it.

Let's not forget the fact that Madeleine was with Jonas for years - I wouldn't be suprised if she already had a wedding look formed in her mind. Perhaps she planned to wear the historic lace veil for the other wedding and now she just couldn't bear putting it on and wanted something drastically different (the same applies to the dress, tiara and jewels)

Let's not forget the fact that Madeleine was with Jonas for years - I wouldn't be suprised if she already had a wedding look formed in her mind. Perhaps she planned to wear the historic lace veil for the other wedding and now she just couldn't bear putting it on and wanted something drastically different (the same applies to the dress, tiara and jewels)
That is a very understandable explanation. :flowers: I didn't consider this before.

It's still not my favourite bridal tiara look, but I'll stop complaining.

I am happy that she didn't wear the cameo tiara.I never liked that tiara though it was beautiful on Queen Silvia and CP Victoria.
The tiara Madeleine wore is more delicate and is more suitable with the lace of the dress.IMO it's one of the best swedish tiaras .Her veil was very nice

I am happy that she didn't wear the cameo tiara.I never liked that tiara though it was beautiful on Queen Silvia and CP Victoria.
The tiara Madeleine wore is more delicate and is more suitable with the lace of the dress.IMO it's one of the best swedish tiaras .Her veil was very nice
She may just be starting her own tradition with her own tiara (if it indeed has been gifted to her) and a new veil. The traditional Swedish Cameo tiara and veil will perhaps next be worn by Princess Estelle.

The Modern Fringe wasn't the one I expected her to wear but it is a beautiful tiara. Her hairstyle really showed off the piece to its fullest effect.

Really disappointed that Madeleine did not wear the Cameo. Not only do I find it very beautiful, but it's tradition. The Modern Fringe tiara is beautiful but I don't find nothing special about it. Plus, she has worn it so many times before.

Really disappointed that Madeleine did not wear the Cameo. Not only do I find it very beautiful, but it's tradition. The Modern Fringe tiara is beautiful but I don't find nothing special about it. Plus, she has worn it so many times before.

Couldn't agree more with you!

Since when does your mother and sister wearing anything mean that you must also wear it? The Cameo is not exactly an old unbroken tradition going back generations and Madeleine was certainly not breaking new ground by not wearing the Cameo.

I also was happy until I've seen such montage. And I have to admit that Cameo would be great with Maddie's dress and her wedding hairstyle

Last edited:
it seems to me that Cameo could fit to inner mood of Madeleine - the triumph!

This is pure speculation from my side, but still...

I think it's entirely possible that the king and queen has given the modern fringe tiara as a wedding gift to Madeleine. It's a tiara that is privately owned by them. It also seems to have been Madeleines favourite tiara, since she has worn it lots of times before the wedding.

I see this wedding pretty much as Madeleines goodbye to Sweden and the royal family. (Yes, I know that she didn't renounce her title, but still). She's making a new life for herself with Chris in the US. Good for her, I say. Perhaps the fringe tiara will now be the tiara worn by the decendants of Madeleine and Chris for generations to come?

As beautiful as Madeleine looked in the photo of her in the Cameo, I think it looked too heavy with her light and airy gown and veil. She looked like sheer perfection on her wedding day just as she was. Beautiful.

This is pure speculation from my side, but still...

I think it's entirely possible that the king and queen has given the modern fringe tiara as a wedding gift to Madeleine. It's a tiara that is privately owned by them. It also seems to have been Madeleines favourite tiara, since she has worn it lots of times before the wedding.
/QUOTE]

Something interesting I found here from the nobel laureate dinner last year when Madeleine wore the modern fringe:
The King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

"Princess Madeleine wore a dark grey lace gown. This was accompanied with her own tiara. Princess Madeleine also wore the Order of the Seraphim's light blue ribbon, decoration and grand star."

Back
Top Bottom