Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gala banquet in Oslo tomorrow for the Italian state visit. Hosts are Crown Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja. King Harald is still sick. They have not released the programme for the day, but I hope to see Queen Sonja, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid for the banquet.

My wishes:

Queen Sonja: Maltese Cross tiara
Crown Princess: Diamond daisy tiara
Princess Astrid: Vasa tiara

Always hope for a debut of some forgotten other pieces...

The Maltese Cross would be my guess for Queen Sonja!
Any hope of Princess Ingrid Alexandra attending?

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is ten days away from her final exams, there is no state visit ever she is less likely to attend IMO :flowers:

After the disappointing jewllery show for the coronation I guess it will be diamond daisy tiara and her usual interchangeable pearl earrings for CP Mette-Marit, obiously she has no real interest in the historic jewels.

I hope Queen Sonja wears something else than her usual combinations with the pearl and emerald tiara. It feels like she has worn those two to every gala the last years. The Malthese would be nice to see again even if it is a bit strange with the crosses in front, or the Empress Josephines diamond tiara as it should now be called.

After reading Trond Noren Isaksens book about the norweigan jewels, there is so much that could be worn that is never seen in the NRF. I dont know what they are waiting for with Queen Mauds diamond tiara, though the visit of a republic is probably not the occasion to debut it after 30 years.

Not to insult other republics but I think France, Germany and Italy are republics hors categorie because of their size and importance. They deserve "royal treatment" so to say. Everyone will understand it is different than the president of Moldova or the president of Armenia. A few months ago the same Italian President made a State Visit to another monarchy and they were not treated as "just a republic" in decorum and protocol: picture.

Last edited:
There will be official photos for King Philippe’s 10th anniversary with both the King and Queen. If she will wear a tiara, I predict Mathilde will wear the full version of Nine Provinces tiara.

My guesses for the Luxembourg National Day gala in June:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll tiara
Stephanie: Turquoise tiara
Alexandra: Aquamarine tiara
Claire: Grand Duchess Adelaide Sapphire tiara

It is possible that Stephanie will still be on maternity leave but I included her just in case.

My guesses for the Luxembourg National Day gala in June:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll tiara
Stephanie: Turquoise tiara
Alexandra: Aquamarine tiara
Claire: Grand Duchess Adelaide Sapphire tiara

It is possible that Stephanie will still be on maternity leave but I included her just in case.

This gala now takes place in January, no longer in June.

As usual I'm wishing to see the Spanish wedding gift on Mathilde (if Fabiola had passed it to her) for the 10th anniversary of being the King and Queen (but probably I could only dream......). I hope that they release official portrait of Elisabeth with tiara as well, maybe one solo and one with her father? It's her 10th anniversary of being Duchess of Brabant as well. I hope we'll see her in the Brabant Laurel Wreath or even better Queen Elisabeth's bandeau.

Prince Christian will be 18 in October. Maybe his birthday will involve a tiara event like his father's 18th birthday even though he is not the direct heir. Also it seems that not a lot of foreign royals attended Frederik's birthday gala but hopefully Christian's birthday will include many of them.

Hopefully there will be a Gala for Prince Christian's 18th and will be similar to that of his Norwegian Cousin.

I hope to see Elisabeth, Amalia and Ingrid Alexandra at Christian's BD Gala. It would be gorgeous to see the young trio with tiaras again. Elisabeth and IA will probably repeat their own tiaras, but for Amalia there are a lot of possibilities. I'd love to see her with Beatrix 18th BD tiara, the laurel wreath.

For the Dutch SV in Brussels, I guess:

Máxima - Mellerio Ruby Parure/Stuart/Sapphire Parure
Mathilde - Nine Provinces on its full version (I wish her see on its original version, without the arches)
Astrid (if attends) - Savoy-Aosta Tiara
Claire (if attends) - her wedding Tiara/Pearl and Diamond Tiara

If Elisabeth suprisely attend, I guess her Vestey Tiara, or she borrowing the Queen Elisabeth Diamond Bandeau from her grandma or the Brabant Laurel Wreath from her mom.

With the passing of Astrid's mother-in-law last year, Prince Lorenz perhaps now owns the emerald necklace. I would love Pss Astrid to convert it to a tiara, though it is not likely to happen. In this ideal scenario she could attach the emerald prongs to the diamond riviere part. Otherwise I would love to see it as a necklace with the Aosta tiara. Of course with 5 heirs such a valuable piece may also end up at an auction.

I am hoping for the Stuart for Máxima. She has worn it in the UK, Germany and Luxembourg and as Belgium is our 'closest' neighbour I hope it warrants the best of her tiaras as well. Ideally she will use the whole parure.

As for Mathilde: the full Nine provinces is a safe bet, maybe with the Wolfers as a necklace.

I don't expect Elisabeth to attend but it would be lovely to see her there with her tiara. And even less likely is Amalia -though WA and Máxima did accompany Beatrix there. But in the unlikely event that she does attend, I would like to see her in a smaller tiara. Maybe Queen Anna's pearl tiara without the pearls or the sunburst tiara that was worn by Pss Mabel on her wedding day.

Last edited:
I don't expect Elisabeth to attend but it would be lovely to see her there with her tiara. And even less likely is Amalia -though WA and Máxima did accompany Beatrix there. Butif she does attend I would like to see her in a smaller tiara, maybe Queen Anna's pearl tiara without the pearls.

When does university vacation start? When the studies in Oxford ends? 2023 or 2024?

There are reports that Hussein and Rajwa's wedding banquet will be a tiara event. If that is true here are my guesses:

Rajwa Al Saif: New tiara
Queen Rania: Diamond Floral tiara
Princess Iman bint Abdullah: Wedding tiara
Princess Salma bint Abdullah: Boucheron Bracelet Tiara
Princess Elisabeth: Festoon tiara
Queen Maxima: Mellerio Ruby tiara
Princess Catharina-Amalia: Emerald Parure tiara
Crown Princess Mary: Diamond and Ruby Necklace tiara
Queen Sofia: Niarchos Ruby tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Lilian's Laurel Wreath tiara
Princess of Wales: Lotus tiara

Last edited:
There are reports that Hussein and Rajwa's wedding banquet will be a tiara event. If that is true here are my guesses:

Rajwa Al Saif: New tiara
Queen Rania: Diamond Floral tiara
Princess Iman bint Abdullah: Wedding tiara
Princess Salma bint Abdullah: Boucheron Bracelet Tiara
Queen Maxima: Mellerio Ruby tiara
Crown Princess Mary: Diamond and Ruby Necklace tiara
Queen Sofia: Niarchos Ruby tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Lilian's Laurel Wreath tiara

If the reception is indeed a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Queen Maxima: Mellerio Ruby tiara or the Ruby Peacock tiara
Crown Princess Mary: "New" spinel tiara bought at auction a few years ago
Queen Sofia: Niarchos Ruby tiara or the Wave tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Lilian's Laurel Wreath tiara or the Baden Fringe

I would love to see the Princess of Wales with the late Queen's turquoise necklace, which was a gift from the groom's grandfather, king Hussein.
Or there is a multigem chocker that Diana received as a wedding gift from the Jordanian royal family. I think it has not been publicly seen.

I'm particularly interested in which tiaras the Jordanian royal ladies are going to chose. Queen Rania seems to prefer her small bracelet tiara, which in my opinion is to small for for the hostess of such an event. Every other guest would out-glitz her. So maybe she's going for the Arabic script tiara?

I guess that Princess Iman will wear her wedding tiara, but will Princess Salma wear a tiara as well? It would be nice if the wore the Boucheron bracelet tiara.

And how many of the groom's aunts and cousins will wear tiaras? There several tiara owned by the various members of the family, and I hope that some long unseen pieces get an outing again.

I'm expecting a new tiara for Rajwa and hoping for the reappearance of the scroll tiara on the PoWs.

By my understanding the event will be black tie without diadems.

The rumour from "The Royal Watcher" is that there will be tiaras. His source for the coronation dress code was accurate so I'm trusting him on this too. Fingers crossed, we shall see soon enough.

It could be a black tie event with diadems, but tiara events are not common in Arab monarchies, so I am skeptical.

The only real Arabic Tiara event I can think of is the Shah's 1971 Celebrations at Persepolis.

More guesses for Hussein and Rajwa’s wedding reception:

Hereditary Princess Sophie: Habsburg Fringe tiara
Queen Jetsun Pema: Turquoise Bandeau tiara

Well now we know Princess Beatrice is there, can't wait to see if she is wearing a tiara - I have no knowledge other than the fringe which she wore for her wedding but would love to hear guesses :)

I really hope that the rumours about tiaras at the reception are true. If so, I'm still a bit pessimistic when it comes to a tiara for Princess Beatrice. But I hope that she'll wear her mother's tiara, and thus confirm that it hasn't been sold.

Just in case if there really is a tiara banquet for the wedding in Jordan:D

Rania: her bracelet thing
Rajwa: I think she would stick to her new tiara but I really want to see the Arabic script again
Iman: her wedding one

Maxima: the emerald tiara or the ruby peacock
Victoria: Baden fringe or six button
Mary: her spinel and ruby one
Sophie: I love the Habsburg so much but I would like to see Kinsky honeysuckle tiara
Elisabeth: Brabant laurel wreath
C-A: Dutch laurel wreath
Kate: the halo
Beatrice: QM bracelet
Hisako: her pearl drop one
Tsuguko: her wreath/bamboo leaves one

Bea wearing her mother's tiara would be a tiara highlight for me!

Beatrice wearing the York Tiara was a HUGE surprise!

Beatrice was just a huge winner this whole wedding -- and that tiara was the cake for the icing.

Did the Princess of Wales wear a tiara? I don't remember seeing one in the photos. If so, which one, and if not, why not?

Back
Top Bottom