Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lets hope that Queen Camilla will continue the example of her mother-in-law and wear tiaras for black tie State Banquets abroad and not ditch them altogether, which i fear is also a possibility after she ditched for them for the Dinner at the Commonwealth Heads of State meeting last year

Oops I do forget the possibility of C&C opt for black tie for outgoing visit to republic country (I hope no!). If unfortunately it does happen let's hope Camilla at the very least show up with a splendid necklace from the vault.

Oops I do forget the possibility of C&C opt for black tie for outgoing visit to republic country (I hope no!). If unfortunately it does happen let's hope Camilla at the very least show up with a splendid necklace from the vault.
It's not up to C&C since it's the host that set the dresscode not the guest.

Last edited:
Lets hope that Queen Camilla will continue the example of her mother-in-law and wear tiaras for black tie State Banquets abroad and not ditch them altogether, which i fear is also a possibility after she ditched for them for the Dinner at the Commonwealth Heads of State meeting last year

I would be surprised that a grand banquet at Versailles would be black tie. Its not a dinner at the Elysees.

Let me dream bigger:D

State Visit to France: QV's oriental circlet with George VI necklace

State Visit to Germany: Burmese rubies tiara with QV's rubies demi-parure

Other thoughts: QA's kokoshnik with multiple diamond riviere diamond necklace or Greville honeycomb tiara with Greville festoon necklace

I wish to see the Kent amethyst brooch and any Cambridge emerald brooch in the daytime event as well.

Great idea, would love to see the Oriental Circlet used with the Queen Victoria rubies. The Barings necklace can rest for some time.

Last edited:

It is not them who decide for the dresscode at the State Banquet but the Hosts. And State Banquets in Germany haven been black tie since over 20 years. Even for the at the State Visits of Queen Elizabeth II. in 2004 and 2015 the dresscode at the State Banquet was both times black tie. However in 2015 she wore the sash of her german Order of Merit which she had not done in 2004.

It's not up to C&C since it's the host that set the dresscode not the guest.

Realised I wrote it unclearly, mean to say they may just follow the dress code if it's black tie, unlike QEII who still went with white tie attire when the dress code is black tie (IIRC she did that in her latest visit to France and Germany).

Realised I wrote it unclearly, mean to say they may just follow the dress code if it's black tie, unlike QEII who still went with white tie attire when the dress code is black tie (IIRC she did that in her latest visit to France and Germany).
But Prince Philip always wore a smoking and not tails.

As for tiaras almost all Queens who made State visits to Germany in recent years wore a tiara for the State Banquet, despite the dresscode beeing black tie. The only exception was Queen Letizia last year.

But Prince Philip always wore a smoking and not tails.

As for tiaras almost all Queens who made State visits to Germany in recent years wore a tiara for the State Banquet, despite the dresscode beeing black tie. The only exception was Queen Letizia last year.

Yes I noticed that and that's why I only wrote QEII. I don't realised other queens also wore tiara to Germany though, thanks for pointing out.

Now that the state visits to France and Germany by Charles & Camilla later this month have officially been announced by BP, its time to start speculating on the jewellery the Queen might wear.

I think she may reuse the married sapphire parure again for at least one the gala dinners, perhaps in Germany.

I suspect she may go big for the dinner at Versailles. Would it be too much to expect the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik? Or will she take a more measured approach, and wear the Greville Boucheron tiara with the 3 string version of the Greville Festoon necklace?

I think it is reasonable to assume that the Queen Consort might wear Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik at the Versailles state banquet.

For the German state dinner, my guess is that the Queen Consort will wear the Burmese ruby tiara.

Last edited:
I think it is reasonable to assume that the Queen Consort might wear Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik at the Versailles state banquet.

Lets hope that is indeed true and the Kokoshnik gets an outing.

My guess for the British SV Germany is Camilla in the Modern Sapphire tiara. If there will be a tiara event for the SV to France, I predict Camilla will wear Alexandra's Kokoshnik tiara.

In Slovakia this evening, my guess is that Maxima will wear either the Queen Emma diamond tiara, or the Antique Pearl tiara.

Lets hope that is indeed true and the Kokoshnik gets an outing.
I’m not sure it will work well on her. I think the sapphire tiara would be best or the Greville tiara.

My guesses for the French SV to the Netherlands in April:

Maxima: Orante Pearl tiara

Amalia: Antique Pearl tiara

Beatrix: Mellerio Ruby tiara

Lauretien: Queen Emma Diamond tiara

Mabel: Sapphire Necklace tiara

Please note that the only person I know who will attend the banquet is Maxima.

Last edited:
Yes, but don't we all want to see them all?:lol::flowers:
I guess that Maxima will wear the large sapphire tiara, Beatrix with the antique pearl tiara and maybe Margriet with the pearl setting of the emerald tiara. Unfortunately, I have no hopes for Amalia and Laurentien to attend.:sad:

I would be surprised that a grand banquet at Versailles would be black tie. Its not a dinner at the Elysees.

Macron has hosted dinners at Versailles (Grand Trianon) with Suit and Tie so who knows….

I don’t think he will give Charles and Camilla a white tie dinner while hosting all the other equal monarch’s with suit and tie or blacktie…. Queen Silvia even opted to wear the Cameo Parure Brooch as a hair ornament substitute for a tiara during the last swedish state visit to France because of the dresscode being business…

I hope Camilla will wear a tiara in France but i think the chance is bigger in Germany…

My guesses for the French SV to the Netherlands in April:

Maxima: Orante Pearl tiara

Amalia: Antique Pearl tiara

Beatrix: Mellerio Ruby tiara

Lauretien: Queen Emma Diamond tiara

Mabel: Sapphire Necklace tiara

Given that the sash of the French order is red, might Maxima wear rubies (either of the two tiaras) or pearls (three choices) or diamonds (Queen Emma's tiara or a smaller setting of the House Diamonds diadem)?

Macron has hosted dinners at Versailles (Grand Trianon) with Suit and Tie so who knows….

I don’t think he will give Charles and Camilla a white tie dinner while hosting all the other equal monarch’s with suit and tie or blacktie…. Queen Silvia even opted to wear the Cameo Parure Brooch as a hair ornament substitute for a tiara during the last swedish state visit to France because of the dresscode being business…

I hope Camilla will wear a tiara in France but i think the chance is bigger in Germany…

The swedish and the dutch State Visits to France have been under President Hollande not Macron. Don't remember has there been a State Visit from an european Monarch under President Macron?

Given that the sash of the French order is red, might Maxima wear rubies (either of the two tiaras) or pearls (three choices) or diamonds (Queen Emma's tiara or a smaller setting of the House Diamonds diadem)?

Queen Máxima has a blue sash from the Ordre national du Mérite.
The King has a red sash from the Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur.

In which case, expect the choice to come down to parures with sapphires, pearls or diamonds.

I’m not sure it will work well on her. I think the sapphire tiara would be best or the Greville tiara.

Would love to see Queen Camilla use the Greville emerald tiara, used previously by Eugenie on her wedding day, at some stage. Paired with the Greville emerald and diamond necklace previusly used by QEQM, and you have a fantastic emerlad parure.

At the State Visit, President Macron should award her with Legion of Honour

I think Maxima will receive Order of Legion of Honour in this visit, considering Mathilde also got hers during the visit from France (relatively) recently.

Either wearing red sash or blue sash I think both rubies and sapphires tiaras are very nice options, just reminding me how Silvia pull out different combinations of red/blue sash/gown with her sapphire and ruby tiara. Actually I don't think Maxima will go monochromatic.

Last edited:
Would love to see Queen Camilla use the Greville emerald tiara, used previously by Eugenie on her wedding day, at some stage. Paired with the Greville emerald and diamond necklace previusly used by QEQM, and you have a fantastic emerlad parure.
I don’t think she should wear that one either, it’s associated too much with Eugenie. I think the Greville honeycomb tiara or the Vladimir with the Greville emerald necklace.

I don’t think she should wear that one either, it’s associated too much with Eugenie. I think the Greville honeycomb tiara or the Vladimir with the Greville emerald necklace.

IMO not only the Greville emerald, I don't expect the BRF ladies would wear someone else's wedding tiara that soon as well. Like you said it's associated with the others so much and they probably have some more options in their vault (I wish they show us:D).

According NHK News, Crown Prince Akishino and Crown Princess Kiko will attend the Coronation, so I guess the Crown Princely Tiara for Kiko

IMO not only the Greville emerald, I don't expect the BRF ladies would wear someone else's wedding tiara that soon as well. Like you said it's associated with the others so much and they probably have some more options in their vault (I wish they show us:D).

The Greville emerald is only associated with Eugenie as she was the last one to wear it. Once Camilla or Catherine wear it a couple of times, those associations will evolve.

Once it is worn, any association is gone. See Princess Beatrice with that fringe diadem, or Queen Camilla with that sapphire parure. Actually, that last one, being one of the ugliest constructions around, it never looked good on Queen Elizabeth but worked amazingly well with Queen Camilla.

At the State Visit, President Macron should award her with Legion of Honour

Usually Orders are exchanged on base of reciprocity. The Première Dame de France was given no Belgian Order apparently (or she chose not to wear it?) while the Queen of the Belgians was given the Légion d'honneur, a male version of the riband, so to see (or there is no female version): picture.

Indeed a good chance that Queen Máxima will be "promoted" from the Ordre national du Mérite to the Ordre national du Légion d'honneur. We will see if the Première Dame will get the Kroonorde (the House of Orange Order) which is the usual Order for spouses of presidents.

But with a the blue (Mérite) or with a red shash (Légion d'honneur) Queen Máxima has three options: blue, white and red (the colours of both the French and Dutch tricolores). She can wear blue sapphires, red rubies, white pearls and neutral diamonds. All will mix superbly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom