Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

As always I am hoping for the shell tiara too. IMHO it is one of the most beautiful tiaras around, and surely the most interesting design in the Spanish collection. The tiara's design is original yet elegant. The one time Letizia did wear it the tiara looked rather good on her, and she looked good with it. The long absence makes you wonder if it is uncomfortable to wear or if the tiara is in need of some maintenance.

Last edited:
:previous:

As always I am hoping for the shell tiara too. IMHO it is one of the most beautiful tiaras around, and surely the most interesting design in the Spanish collection. The tiara's design is original yet elegant. The one time Letizia did wear it the tiara looked rather good on her, and she looked good with it. The long absence makes you wonder if it is uncomfortable to wear or if the tiara is in need of some maintenance.

The only issue is that the Mellerio Shell Tiara belongs to queen Sofia and possibly why we have not seen it worn by Letizia since 2007.The other tiara personally owned by queen Sofia is the Prussian Tiara.

Ah, and those are exactly the two tiaras we were discussing so that may be the most likely reason for n\ot seeing them on Queen Letizia. Has Queen Sofia worn the shell tiara since 2014?

Ah, and those are exactly the two tiaras we were discussing so that may be the most likely reason for n\ot seeing them on Queen Letizia. Has Queen Sofia worn the shell tiara since 2014?

I think the last tiara worn by Queen Sofia was the Fleur de Lys in June 2014 just before the abdication of king Juan Carlos.

No, I think the last time the tiara was worn was at Victoria of Sweden's wedding. I have read that since the tiara has pearls and diamonds dangling it is quite a delicate piece.

"La Chata" tiara is one of the oldest in the collection of the Spanish Royal Family. Alfonso XIII inherited it from his aunt, Infanta Isabel "la Chata" and gave it to the Countess of Barcelona for her wedding and she did the same with Sofía.

I believe that due to its historical connection with the Spanish Royal Family and due to the history of "la Chata" it is the tiara with which the Princess of Asturias should debut.

Last edited:
That would be a wonderful gift indeed. It is the princess 18th birthday this year so we can keep our fingers crossed and hope that the princess will be pictured on an official portrait on that occassion, with the tiara.

The shell tiara would be really wonderful "starter tiara", personally I don't like many if the first tiaras princesses wear such as Madeleine's aquamarine tiara and expecially Victoria's sapphire and diamond one.

It would be lovely if King Felipe VI purchased a tiara for Leonor on her 18th birthday.
Princess Irene's tiara or Infanta Pilar's tiara could be good options.
But of those belonging to the royal family, the Prussian tiara could be a good option for your tiara debut.

I wish to see Letizia wearing the Ansorena Fleur de Lys Tiara/Brooch again.

It would be lovely if King Felipe VI purchased a tiara for Leonor on her 18th birthday.
Princess Irene's tiara or Infanta Pilar's tiara could be good options.
But of those belonging to the royal family, the Prussian tiara could be a good option for your tiara debut.

Princess Irene's tiara hasn't been seen in decades but could have been gifted to one of her grandnieces and hopefully Infanta Pilar's Sapphire tiara given its historic links.
Marie Isabelle,Countess of Paris - Princess Louise d'Orléans-Princess María de las Mercedes of Bourbon-Two Sicilies ,Countess of Barcelona-The Infanta Pilar, Duchess of Badajoz

For the Italy State Visit to Norway, I guess:

Sonja: Emerald Parure
Mette-Marit: Diamond Daisy Bandeau
Märtha-Louise (if attends): her birthday tiara
Astrid (if attends): Turquoise Circlet or her Aigrette tiara

My guess for upcoming Tiara Events
Swedish State visit to Estonia- Silvia: Cameo or 9 Prong
Columbian State visit to Spain - Letizia: Floral Tiara or Cartier Pearl Tiara

Just for fun.. very unlikley but WHO KNOWS-- official picture for 10th anniversary Dutch King and Queen

Maxima Sapphire Tiara or Stuart Tiara
Amalia Pearl Button

Alexia? small sapphire

Just for fun.. very unlikley but WHO KNOWS-- official picture for 10th anniversary Dutch King and Queen

Maxima Sapphire Tiara or Stuart Tiara
Amalia Pearl Button

Alexia? small sapphire

I would be surprised to see Alexia in a tiara at this stage.

A 10th anniversary is not really a reason for party. That is 12,5 years (copper jubilee), 25 years (silver jubilee), 50 years (golden jubilee).

The Silver Jubilee of Queen Beatrix was celebrated with an Opera- and Ballet spectacle in Amsterdam and a Government Banquet in The Hague, but no diadems were worn at both events (the dresscode was black tie).

A 10th anniversary is not really a reason for party. That is 12,5 years (copper jubilee), 25 years (silver jubilee), 50 years (golden jubilee).

The Silver Jubilee of Queen Beatrix was celebrated with an Opera- and Ballet spectacle in Amsterdam and a Government Banquet in The Hague, but no diadems were worn at both events (the dresscode was black tie).
But the have also released pics official for the 5th anniversary

Swedish State visit to Estonia- Silvia: Cameo or 9 Prong

I guess Silvia wearing Connaught, Ruby Parure, Nine Prong, Modern Fringe or Baden Fringe with the Scarab Necklace, inherited from Princess Lilian

:bang:

Columbian State visit to Spain - Letizia: Floral Tiara or Cartier Pearl Tiara

Tomorrow I guess Letizia in Floral Tiara, Fleur de Lys, Loop Diamond Tiara, Cartier Pearl Tiara or who knows another

I do hope that Letizia will wear one of the larger pearl and diamond tiaras (either the Cartier or the Loop) for the state banquet this evening.

My guesses for upcoming events this month:

SV from Italy to Norway:

Sonja: Josephine's Emerald tiara
Mette Marit: Amethyst tiara
Astrid: Turquoise tiara

SV from Cabo Verde to Luxembourg:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll tiara
Alexandra: Aquamarine tiara
Claire: Grand Duchess Adelaide tiara

The State Opening of Parliament in the UK will be on May 10. I assume the women will wear tiaras.

I hope there will be no floral headpieces or other nonsense on the royal ladies heads!! Or maybe it will be day dress and hats.... God help us all!!

My prediction is that Queen Camilla will wear King George IV's State Diadem and that King Charles will have the Imperial State Crown displayed on the days, as Queen Elizabeth did in the latest years.

But they will be the very handful left in full bejewelled gear.

My guesses for the SV from the Netherlands to Belgium in June:

Maxima: Stuart tiara
Mathilde: Nine Provinces tiara (full version)
Elisabeth: Diamond Festoon tiara
Amalia: Antique Pearl tiara

Elisabeth and Amalia are not confirmed to attend but I included them just in case.

Last edited:

Elisabeth and Amalia are not confirmed to attend but I included them just in case.

I suspect Maxima might wear the Ruby Peacock parure. Mathilde will wear the Nine Provinces in full form.

Gala banquet in Oslo tomorrow for the Italian state visit. Hosts are Crown Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja. King Harald is still sick. They have not released the programme for the day, but I hope to see Queen Sonja, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid for the banquet.

My wishes:

Queen Sonja: Maltese Cross tiara
Crown Princess: Diamond daisy tiara
Princess Astrid: Vasa tiara

Always hope for a debut of some forgotten other pieces...

Gala banquet in Oslo tomorrow for the Italian state visit. Hosts are Crown Prince Haakon and Queen Sonja. King Harald is still sick. They have not released the programme for the day, but I hope to see Queen Sonja, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Astrid for the banquet.

My wishes:

Queen Sonja: Maltese Cross tiara
Crown Princess: Diamond daisy tiara
Princess Astrid: Vasa tiara

Always hope for a debut of some forgotten other pieces...

Hoping for Mette Marit wearing the Queen Maud Diamond Tiara. And if Ingrid Alexandra attends, I guess her wearing her Boucheron Pearl Circle Tiara

I wish Amalia wearing the Mellerio Ruby Parure like eleven years ago.

I wish Amalia wearing the Mellerio Ruby Parure like eleven years ago.

The Mellerio Ruby Parure is -in daily practice- reserved for Queens. There is another ruby parure which consists of a matching diadem and collier, broches and bracelets. The dark pruple-ish rubies will colour nicely with the Leopold Order (purple) or the Belgian Crown Order (burgundy)

Máxima with the diadem and a broche: picture

Máxima with the matching collier: picture

Hoping for Mette Marit wearing the Queen Maud Diamond Tiara. And if Ingrid Alexandra attends, I guess her wearing her Boucheron Pearl Circle Tiara

Princess Ingrid Alexandra is ten days away from her final exams, there is no state visit ever she is less likely to attend IMO :flowers:

After the disappointing jewllery show for the coronation I guess it will be diamond daisy tiara and her usual interchangeable pearl earrings for CP Mette-Marit, obiously she has no real interest in the historic jewels.

I hope Queen Sonja wears something else than her usual combinations with the pearl and emerald tiara. It feels like she has worn those two to every gala the last years. The Malthese would be nice to see again even if it is a bit strange with the crosses in front, or the Empress Josephines diamond tiara as it should now be called.

After reading Trond Noren Isaksens book about the norweigan jewels, there is so much that could be worn that is never seen in the NRF. I dont know what they are waiting for with Queen Mauds diamond tiara, though the visit of a republic is probably not the occasion to debut it after 30 years.

In Oslo tomorrow i expect to see

Queen Sonja : Queen Maud’s Replica Pearl Tiara

Crown Princess Mette Marit : Diamond Daisy Tiara

Princess Astrid : Diamond Wings

What i would like to see

Queen Sonja : Josephine’s Diamond Tiara

Crown Princess Mette Marit : Queen Maud’s Replica Pearl Tiara (smaller version)

Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner : Vasa Tiara

I can almost promise that no major debute will happen during a state visit from a republic

Back
Top Bottom