Tiaras and Jewels guessing for upcoming events: 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doro

Serene Highness
City
Quahog
Country
United States
Welcome to the Tiara and Jewels Guessing Thread for 2023.

The previous thread can be found here.

My predictions to the New Year's Reception on January 1st:

Margrethe: Pearl Poiré
Mary: Ruby Parure
Marie: Dagmar's Floral Tiara
Benedikte: SWB Fringe

My guesses for the Japanese New Years Reception:

Masako: Meiji Tiara, Chrysantemum Diamond Tiara or Honeysuckle Tiara
Aiko: Sayako's Tiara
Kiko: Pearl Sunburst Tiara, Akishino Diamond Tiara or Diamond Scroll
Kako: her birthday Tiara
Yuriko: her diamond kokoshnik Tiara
Nobuko: her Pearl and Diamond Tiara
Hisako: her Diamond Bandeau, Pearl and Diamond or her Pearl Drop Tiara
Tsuguko: her birthday Tiara
Akiko: her birthday Tiara
Hanako: her Wave and Sunburst Tiara
Yohko: her birthday Tiara
----------------------------//--------------------------------------
My guesses for the Luxembourg New Years Reception:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll, Chaumet Emerald or (surprisely!!) Empire Tiara
Stéphanie: Adélaïde's Sapphire Tiara, Citrine and Pearl Tiara or Chaumet Pearl and Diamond Tiara
Claire (if attending): Diamond Vine Leaves or Adelaïde's Sapphire Tiara
Alexandra: Amethyst Tiara, Chaumet Pearl and Diamond Tiara, Diamond Floral Tiara or Diamond Vine Leaves Tiara

I’m not sure how accurate this is but Spanish media is reporting that there will be a Spanish SV to Denmark this Spring. I assume she will wear the Fleur de Lis tiara but I would love if she wore Queen Ena’s Cartier Pearl tiara as it has been since 2018 since she last wore it.

Either fleur de lys tiara or cartier pearl and diamond tiara or maria christina pearl and diamond tiara

I’d like to see Letizia in Denmark with the Cartier Pearl or the MC Loop Tiara. But I predict she’ll go for the Fleur de Lys, despite it doesn’t suit her much, to my taste.

I’d like to see Letizia in Denmark with the Cartier Pearl or the MC Loop Tiara. But I predict she’ll go for the Fleur de Lys, despite it doesn’t suit her much, to my taste.

I agree. I expect the usual for a royal-on-royal state visit in Denmark, i.e. the Fleur de Lys for Letizia, the Pearl Poire for Margrethe, and the Ruby parure for Mary. Hopefully Letizia will add one of Queen Sofia's diamond rivieres or one of her sapphire, emerald or ruby demi-parures, but I doubt it given her minimalist approach to jewelry.

Yes one of the pearl tiaras would be nice for Letizia in Denmark for a change. And to that the pearl necklace from the Joyas de Pasar
Queen Margrethe has in the past sometimes used the meralds for incoming State Visits from other monarchies so that would be a nice change but very likely it will be again the Pearl Set.

There are also reports of a Dutch SV to/from Spain this year.

I have to agree with you. Whilst it is most likely the La Buena that will get used, it would be great to see Letizia use either of the 2 large pearl tiaras: either the Cartier or the Loop Tiara.

I agree. I expect the usual for a royal-on-royal state visit in Denmark, i.e. the Fleur de Lys for Letizia, the Pearl Poire for Margrethe, and the Ruby parure for Mary. Hopefully Letizia will add one of Queen Sofia's diamond rivieres or one of her sapphire, emerald or ruby demi-parures, but I doubt it given her minimalist approach to jewelry.

I can't see Letizia making that much of an effort with jewels and so often lacks imagination or misreads the importance of an event.

Earrings yes
Tiara Yes
Bracelet possible
Brooch (maybe)
Necklace (unlikely but miracles do happen)

Letizia always looks splendid in monarch-monarch state visit (to UK, to Sweden) so I hold high expectation for her for state visit in this year.

I can't see Letizia making that much of an effort with jewels and so often lacks imagination or misreads the importance of an event.

Earrings yes
Tiara Yes
Bracelet possible
Brooch (maybe)
Necklace (unlikely but miracles do happen)
Unfortunately Queen Letizia looks very uninspiring during royal-royal state visit.! I´m sure she will wear her "Uniform" Fleur de Lys Tiara, Joyas earrings & Bracelets, Fleur de Lys brooch-Thats it!!!

Unfortunately Queen Letizia looks very uninspiring during royal-royal state visit.! I´m sure she will wear her "Uniform" Fleur de Lys Tiara, Joyas earrings & Bracelets, Fleur de Lys brooch-Thats it!!!

Its really the finishing touches but Letizia has vastly improved with the jewels and hair from the early days of her husbands accession.

There are also rumors that there will be Dutch state visits to Spain and Belgium. Maybe Maxims will wear the Stuart tiara at either of them.

There will be a gala dinner for the diplomatic corps at Oslo Royal palace February 9th. Their majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja, their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance.

Predict:
Queen Sonja: Emerald parure
CP Mette-Marit: Amethyst suite
Princess Astrid: Diamond wings aigrette
Hope:lol::
Queen Sonja: Queen Josephine tiara and Alexandra earrings
CP Mette-Marit: Queen Maud diamond tiara / diamond and pearl earrings
Astrid: Gustav V diamond bandeau

There will be a gala dinner for the Diplomatic Corps at Oslo Royal Palace on February 9th. TM King Harald and Queen Sonja, TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and HH Princess Astrid, Mrs. Ferner will also be in attendance.

Predict:
Queen Sonja: Emerald parure or Queen Josefina Diamond Tiara
CP Mette-Marit: Amethyst suite or Diamond Daisy Bandeau or the smaller setting of the Queen Maud Pearl and Diamond Tiara (replica) [PS: I think that MM will reserve the Queen Maud Diamond Tiara for big events]
Princess Astrid: Diamond wings aigrette or Turquoise Circlet

Last edited:
There will be a gala dinner for the diplomatic corps at Oslo Royal palace February 9th. Their majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja, their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance.

Predict:
Queen Sonja: Emerald parure
CP Mette-Marit: Amethyst suite
Princess Astrid: Diamond wings aigrette
Hope:lol::
Queen Sonja: Queen Josephine tiara and Alexandra earrings
CP Mette-Marit: Queen Maud diamond tiara / diamond and pearl earrings
Astrid: Gustav V diamond bandeau

Will we get pic from it?. Or is that something new. Can only remember the annual Storting Gala

Sometimes they have released photos from the procession in the Great Ballroom

My guesses for the diplomatic reception in Oslo:

Sonja: Queen Maud's Pearl tiara (larger version)

Mette-Marit: Vifte tiara

Astrid: Turquoise tiara

For the Dutch SV to Slovakia next month I guess:

Maxima: Pearl Button, Pearl Tiara, Aquamarine Parure, Ruby Parure, the small Sapphire Necklace, Laurel Wreath, Diamond Bandeau or Stuart Tiara (smaller setting)

The Queen has never worn the Laurel wreath and I don't think she ever will. Maybe after an eventual abdication but even then it does not seem like a favourite.

I would not mind seeing the smaller sapphire tiara/necklace again as well or the Peacock.

I always associate the Dutch Laurel Wreath tiara with Princess Laurentien.

And for the French SV to the Netherlands I guess:

Máxima: Ruby Parure, Württemberg Pearl Tiara, Ruby Peacock, Stuart Tiara (smaller setting) or Sapphire Parure
Margriet: Aquamarine Parure, Laurel Wreath or Pearl Button

For the Dutch SV to Slovakia this month, I predict Maxima will wear the Aquamarine tiara.

Now that the state visits to France and Germany by Charles & Camilla later this month have officially been announced by BP, its time to start speculating on the jewellery the Queen might wear.

I think she may reuse the married sapphire parure again for at least one the gala dinners, perhaps in Germany.

I suspect she may go big for the dinner at Versailles. Would it be too much to expect the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik? Or will she take a more measured approach, and wear the Greville Boucheron tiara with the 3 string version of the Greville Festoon necklace?

Now that the state visits to France and Germany by Charles & Camilla later this month have officially been announced by BP, its time to start speculating on the jewellery the Queen might wear.

I think she may reuse the married sapphire parure again for at least one the gala dinners, perhaps in Germany.

I suspect she may go big for the dinner at Versailles. Would it be too much to expect the Queen Alexandra Kokoshnik? Or will she take a more measured approach, and wear the Greville Boucheron tiara with the 3 string version of the Greville Festoon necklace?

I'm thinking that the queen will really dazzle all at the Versailles Gala!

Let me dream bigger:D

State Visit to France: QV's oriental circlet with George VI necklace

State Visit to Germany: Burmese rubies tiara with QV's rubies demi-parure

Other thoughts: QA's kokoshnik with multiple diamond riviere diamond necklace or Greville honeycomb tiara with Greville festoon necklace

I wish to see the Kent amethyst brooch and any Cambridge emerald brooch in the daytime event as well.

I really hope that the dress code at Versailles will allow for a tiara. But weren't the recent incoming French state visits all dress code 'suit'? Let's hope that this will be changed.
If there will be two tiara events, I agree that Camilla will wear the sapphire tiara again for one of them. For the other one maybe the Vladimir with pearls? But there are a couple of possibilities, so this is really something I'm looking forward to.

I'm remaining optimistic about the French SV dress code. Macron seems to be very fond of the King and BRF so I can see him going extra and elevating the dress code. Using Versailles is already a very big honour.

If tiaras at Versaille, then I want the Kokoshnik. For Germany, I want the Ruby Oriental.

Back
Top Bottom