Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure that Elisabeth will do a certain amount of public duties, but only part-time, because she needs to concentrate on her education. Maybe she'll attend some of the most important State Banquets, like those from other monarchs. So the question is: will there be one in 2020? Otherwise, we might have to wait a few more years to see her first tiara.

I agree that it's more likely to see her with the laurel tiara than the Wolfers. The latter has so far only been worn by Queens, and despite being small, the stones are rather on the large size, which makes it a superior piece.

So far, the Belgian royals haven't shown much tiara sharing. But that may well change with the next generation. She could borrow the laurel tiara when needed, while Mathilde could still wear it when Elisabeth doesn't attend an event. Yet, I wouldn't mind if she got a new tiara for her 18th BD, but I still prefer her to receive the art deco bandeau from Queen Paola.

What i would love to see the Princess'es recive for their 18:th Birthday

Princess Estelle : Princess Lilian's Laurel Wreath Tiara-Necklace.
Or Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara that is currently with Princess Desirée Baroness Silfverschiöld. It is a perfect starter tiara ! But i suspect that one will go to the Silfverschiöld - De Geer noble families...

I don't think Princess Leonore and Princess Adrienne will need their own tiaras. They will likely spend most of their lives in USA or UK and when it's needed be loaned tiaras for family occassions in Sweden like the future Queen Victoria's round birthdays etc... Or maybe the O'Neill family will provide them with tiaras ;)

Princess Ingrid Alexandra : Vasa Tiara or Vifte Tiara.

Princess Isabella, Princess Josephine and Princess Athena will likely all wear the Khedive Tiara to their weddings to continue the family tradition as female blood relatives of Queen Ingrid..

Princess Elisabeth : I hope King Philippe will buy his daughters 18:th Birthday tiaras and future daughters in law Wedding Tiaras. The Belgian tiara vault is already very small and I'm not sure that Queen Paola will leave her Art Deco Bandeau to the main line. She should but i'm not sure she will...

Princess Catharina-Amalia : The Pearl/Star Button Tiara.

Princess Leonor : Prussian Diamond Tiara.

Princess Charlotte : The Cartier Halo Tiara. I would also love to see her inherit the Meander Tiara from Princess Anne. It's very beautiful and unique plus that it is from Prince Philip's side of the family :)

I think likely tiaras for the dutch Pricnesses will be the Ears-of-wheat and Laurel weath tiara and operhaps also the aquamarine tiara.
As for Estelle lets hope that they will give her not Victoria's 18th birthday gift tiara or if that gets a good makeover before. And probably she also wear the four-button tiara in her early tiara days.

For Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia it will ne likely the prussian diamond tiara and the floral wreath tiara but it would be nice if Queen Letizia would hand over the Asturias fleu de lys tiara to Leonor.

I'm pretty certain that Leonor and Sofia both will start with the Prussian tiara and later wear the floral tiara as well.

To guess the first tiaras for the Dutch A-team is so much more difficult, because there are so many suitable tiaras in the Dutch collection. The base of the antique pearl tiara would be a nice option for a first tiara. Other options are the emerald tiara, maybe with the pearls, or the laurel tiara. Amalia will probably also wear the small sapphire tiara and the aquamarine tiara pretty early on.

As for Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, I think it will be a very long wait till the wears her first tiara. Remember that William and Harry only started attending state banquets when they were in their thirties. But there are several options for her, especially the Cartier halo tiara, the lotus flower tiara or the Russian sapphire bandeau.

Yes but there won't be any Gloucester's and Kent's at the State Banquet's by then. By then it will (baring any divorces or tragedies) most likely be William, Catherine, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry and Meghan. Maybe also Andrew, Edward and Sophie but i don't think their children will participate. Neither Harry and Meghan's children. So i think George, Charlotte and Louis will start earlier than their father and uncle did.

Charlotte will likely start with Halo or Lotus.

Last edited:
I think Q.Emmas Diamond Tiara would be nice on Catharina Amalia, also the Laurel Wreath and Aquamarine would be nice, i hope she will not wear the Star/Pearl Button Tiara it looks "oldfashion" imo. It would be nice to see the small Sapphire Tiara more often.

I think likely tiaras for the dutch Pricnesses will be the Ears-of-wheat and Laurel weath tiara and operhaps also the aquamarine tiara.
As for Estelle lets hope that they will give her not Victoria's 18th birthday gift tiara or if that gets a good makeover before. And probably she also wear the four-button tiara in her early tiara days.

For Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia it will ne likely the prussian diamond tiara and the floral wreath tiara but it would be nice if Queen Letizia would hand over the Asturias fleu de lys tiara to Leonor.

I am not so sure the Prussian tiara will be left to the main line. Queen Sofia might leave it to one of her daughters.

Princess Leonor probably will be given a wedding gift tiara as her mother was. I am not sure about Infanta Sofia, but hopefully she will marry a Spanish aristocrat whose family owns a tiara as was the case of Infanta Elena who frequently wore the Marichalar meander tiara.

Princess Elisabeth will turn 18 this month on October 25. I have said in a previous post on this thread that I predict Elisabeth will receive the Wolfers tiara as her first tiara. Or maybe she will just borrow it as Mathilde does not have a lot of tiaras. Maybe in a couple of years she will also wear her mother’s laurel wreath tiara.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we will learn about Princess Elisabeth's future tiara any time soon. She will turn 18 this month, but I can't imagine that the Royal House releases a gala portrait with a tiara and order ribbon. Also, she'll continue her studies and won't attend state banquets for the time being.

My hope still is that Queen Paola will leave her art deco bandeau to the Duchess of Brabant. So far, it's not clear if the bandeau was a loan or a gift to Princess Astrid, so there still is a chance that it will go to the future Belgian Queen. Another possibility is that they will buy a small tiara for her, hopefully something nice and antique.

Actually, I think that we might see the Princess of Orange with a tiara before the Duchess of Brabant. The Dutch are much more likely to release a gala portrait for Amalia's 18th birthday. Also, Amalia might start to attend the diplomatic receptions fairly early.

I don’t see Élisabeth getting a tiara for her 18th birthday as she probably won’t attend state dinners and other tiara events at least until she finishes her university studies.

As I said, she will probably get a new tiara as a wedding gift though, and she may borrow one of her mother’s necklace tiaras if she needs to attend a tiara event before that.

I would love to see her wearing the Art Deco bandeau, which would be a fitting tiara for a Crown Princess, but I am afraid Queen Paola will indeed leave it to Princess Astrid, who seems to be her favorite child and the one she is closest to.

As I said, she will probably get a new tiara as a wedding gift though, and she may borrow one of her mother’s necklace tiaras if she needs to attend a tiara event before that.

I can see Elizabeth's tiara debut in the Wolfers necklace tiara.

I would love to see her wearing the Art Deco bandeau, which would be a fitting tiara for a Crown Princess, but I am afraid Queen Paola will indeed leave it to Princess Astrid, who seems to be her favorite child and the one she is closest to.

Entirely plausible as it may be, that will be a real shame. Having given Astrid the chance to wear it once, I hope Paola has now put the tiara back in her safe, or better still, handed it to Mathilde to keep for Elizabeth to wear as Crown Princess or Queen.

It makes sense to give a tiara as a wedding present to a woman who marries into the RF. But Elisabeth was born into the RF and as the heir she'll start wearing a tiara long before she gets married. So I think she should get a tiara for her 18th birthday, or maybe the 21st birthday, or something like that.

As I said above, I don't think that Astrid's wearing the art deco bandeau once necessarily means that she owns it or that she will inherit it. She might be a favourite child, but Paola has many jewels and all the children, and maybe all the grandchildren as well, might receive their share. In that respect it seem quite natural that the future Queen should receive the tiara that had been in the family for the longest time.

Princess Aiko of Japan will be 18 in December 2019. Does anyone know the usual age for the Japanese princesses' first tiara appearance?

Updated list 2021-03-08

so the list of girls that will probably wear tiaras and other jewelry at the age of 18 is
Princess Iman of Jordan (born 1996)
Princess Salma of Jordan (born 2000)
Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant (born 2001) she turned 18 in oktober 25th, 2019 already next in line to the throne
Princess Aiko (Japan) at 20 years of age (born 2001)
Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange (born 2003) she will be 18 on december 7th 2021 already next in line for the throne
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway (born 2004)
Princess Alexia of The Netherlands (born 2005)
Leonor, Princess of Asturias (born 2005) already next in line to the throne
Princess Ariana of the Netherlands (born 2007)
Infanta Sofia of Spain (born 2007)
Princess Isabella of Denmark (born 2007)
Princess Lalla Khadija of Morocco (Born 2007)
Princess Eléonore of Belgium (born 2008)
Princess Josephine of Denmark (born 2011)
Princess Athena of Denmark (born 2012)
Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland (born 2012)
Princess Leonore of Sweden, Duchess of Gotland (born 2014)
Princess Gabriella of Monaco (born 2014)
Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (born 2015)
Princess Adrienne, Duchess of Blekinge (born 2018)

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Victoria Federica, Spain (born 2000)
Arrietta, Greace (born 2002)
Countess Eloise, Netherlands (born 2002)
Lady Louise Windsor (born 2003)
Ana María, Greace (born 2003)
Maud Angelica, Norway (born 2003)
Princess Louise of Belgium (born 2004)
Leah Isadora, Norway (born 2005)
Irene, Sapin (born 2005)
Amelia, Greace (born 2005)
Countess Luana, Netherlands (born 2005)
Countess Zaria, Netherlands (born 2006)
Countess Leonore, Netherlands (born 2006)
Emma Tallula, Norway (born 2008)

Princes that later on get married and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian of Denmark (his wife will be future queen of Denmark)
Prince Vincent of Denmark
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Prince Emanuel of Belgium
Prince Gabriel of Belgium
James, Viscount Severn
Prince Hashem of Jordan
Prince Nikolai of Denmark
Prince Felix of Denmark
Prince Hisahito of Akishino (Japan) (his wife will be future Empress of Japan)
Count Claus-Casimir, Netherlands
Prince Henrik of Denmark
Prince Nicolas of Belgium
Prince Aymeric of Belgium
Prince George of Cambridge (his wife will be future queen of Great britten etc..)
Prince Louie of Cambridge
Prince Jacques of Monaco (his wife will be future Princess of Monaco)
Prince Nicolas of Sweden
Prince Oscar of Sweden
Prince Alexander of Sweden
Prince Gabriel of Sweden
Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco (his wife will be future queen of Morocco)
Prince Charles of Luxembourg

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids

Prince Sebastian of Luxemburg
Prince Hussein of Jordan (his wife will be future queen of Jordan)

Prince Phillipos, Greece got married but no tiara for the wife at the wedding

New
Future Queens with access to "Queen" jewllery
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (will be a regent queen)
Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant (will be a regent queen)
Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange (will be a regent queen)
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway (will be a regent queen)
Leonor, Princess of Asturias (will be a regent queen)
Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland (will be a regent queen)

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall married to Charles, Prince of Wales (queen?)
Crown Princess Mary married to Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
Crown Princess Mette-Marit married to Crown Prince Hakoon of Norway
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge married to Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg married to Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg

Last edited:
do you think Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange will wear a tiara this year?

Will she? I am not sure about how the Dutch celebrates the 18th birthday of their heir/ess, and I think even if there is celebration, it will be pretty low-key (I even doubt we would see a new portrait with tiara TBH). Same for Ingrid Alexandra, I don't think she will have a white tie gala to celebration her 18th birthday like her father as well. (Which I hope I am wrong!) The only "young" one I'm pretty sure we will see her wearing her first tiara soon is Aiko.

Will she? I am not sure about how the Dutch celebrates the 18th birthday of their heir/ess, and I think even if there is celebration, it will be pretty low-key (I even doubt we would see a new portrait with tiara TBH). Same for Ingrid Alexandra, I don't think she will have a white tie gala to celebration her 18th birthday like her father as well. (Which I hope I am wrong!) The only "young" one I'm pretty sure we will see her wearing her first tiara soon is Aiko.

Have also my doubts that Ingrid Alexandra's 18th birthday will be celebrated the same was as her father's as he was already Crown Prince at that time. But hope to be wrong.

:previous: You're right, I completely forget that.;)

How old was Princess Beatrix when she made her first tiara appearance? I expect Amalia to follow precedent.

I would like to see Princess Elizabeth, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Leonor wearing a tiara for years to come, and I believe it will happen.

How old was Princess Beatrix when she made her first tiara appearance? I expect Amalia to follow precedent.

There was an tiara Event for her 18th birthday. And she also attended State Banquet's quiet early. But then she studied in the Netherlands not abroad which made that probably easier.

I would like to see Princess Elizabeth, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Leonor wearing a tiara for years to come, and I believe it will happen.

They will all start wearing tiaras once they start attending state banquets, which should be soon. Elisabeth, at 19 (almost 20), is already old enough to attend such events, but I am not sure if she will while she is still a university student.

I actually expect Amalia to be the first of the aforementioned young ladies to debut a tiara. Elisabeth (because she is older) and Ingrid Alexandra should come next. I think we might still have to wait a few years to see Leonor wearing a sparkling diadem, although her father already attended state dinners by the time he was 20.

Last edited:
They will all start wearing tiaras once they start attending state banquets, which should be soon. Elisabeth, at 19 (almost 20), is already old enough to attend such events, but I am not sure if she will while she is still a university student.

I actually expect Amalia to be the first of the aforementioned young ladies to debut a tiara. Elisabeth (because she is older) and Ingrid Alexandra should come next. I think we might still have to wait a few years to see Leonor wearing a sparkling diadem, although her father already attended state dinners by the time he was 20.

I think it will also depend on where the young ladies study. If they are studying abroadit is unlikely that they will attened State Banquets. And then it could be that Ingrid Alexandra is the first to debut a tiara perhaps at a birthday Gala

Updated list 2021-03-08

so the list of girls that will probably wear tiaras and other jewelry at the age of 18 is
Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant (born 2001) she turned 18 in oktober 25th, 2019 already next in line to the throne
Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange (born 2003) she will be 18 on december 7th 2021 already next in line for the throne

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Irene, Sapin (born 2005)

James, Viscount Severn
Prince Hashem of Jordan
Prince Felix of Denmark
Prince Henrik of Denmark
Prince George of Cambridge (his wife will be future queen of Great britten etc..)
Prince Nicolas of Sweden
Prince Oscar of Sweden
Prince Gabriel of Sweden
Crown Prince Moulay Hassan of Morocco (his wife will be future queen of Morocco)

New

Stéphanie, Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg married to Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg

I noticed you did not include Princess Laetitia Maria of Belgium (who turned 18 in April) on the list, but you have included her cousin Princess Louise of Belgium (who will turn 18 next year) and the hypothetical future wives of Louise's brothers. Do you think that in spite of the gender equal succession, the tiaras in the royal family of Belgium will continue to be transmitted through the male line?

Updated list 2021-03-08

Irene, Sapin (born 2005)

James, Viscount Severn
Prince Hashem of Jordan
Prince Felix of Denmark
Prince Henrik of Denmark
Prince Nicolas of Sweden
Prince Oscar of Sweden
Prince Gabriel of Sweden

New

Princess Lalla Khadija has already been wearing a tiara. Unless it is a 'play tiara' but with the family's wealth I have a feeling it is real.

This link show her on a magazine cover in a tiara.

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2018/11/258539/moroccos-princess-lalla-khadija-magazine-cover

Edited to add: Khadija has worn three different tiaras already.

In the Malaysian families little girls wear tiaras as well.

Last edited:

It depends on the dresscode of a possible Government Banquet in honour of The Princess of Orange.

When Princess Beatrix became 18 years old, the dresscode for the Government Banquet back then was white tie. Princess Wilhelmina wore a small hair ornament, Queen Juliana wore some diamonds stars. Princess Beatrix had no major jewelry.

http://images.memorix.nl/naa/thumb/1280x1280/4674a9f4-f958-4533-8e70-f11a34f03638.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom